What is it like joining a clan?

clans

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

tjpanzer69 #1 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 03:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7057 battles

I'm considering trying a clan at some point, and have some questions...  feel free to share your experience with the following:

1.  What kind of commitment is it time-wise? 

2.  I've seen some clans advertise there will be some mentoring, does this really happen, if so what is realistic to expect?

3.  What tier vehicles would I need?  I only have a few tier 6 and 7, no tier 8+ at this point, so would I need to keep moving up before I'm ready vehicle wise?

4.  Will my win rate take a dive if I join a losing clan?  Would I be able to join a clan with persons of similar overall win rate?  

5.  I know I'll need teamspeak and mic, any other gear or setup I'll need? 

6.  Is it fun?  I enjoy pubs but it can suck with some of the suicidal or casual players who don't care if they win.  Will clan play solve this at all?

Thanks!

Viper69 #2 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 03:06

Major

• Players
  • 7456 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Only one I can answer is 6. It is fun if you get into a clan that has the same outlook on the game as yourself. You want to do your research and ask questions of all the clans that you solicit or solicit you. Any good group of fellas will understand if you aren’t gelling and need to move on. 

SilverEaglewing #3 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 03:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30278 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
Different clans have different needs and offers. There are training clans, social clans, and competitive clans. Clans are the reason I'm still playing after 30k battles.

dir32jd #4 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 03:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12637 battles
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM

View Posttjpanzer69, on Nov 14 2017 - 18:00, said:

I'm considering trying a clan at some point, and have some questions...  feel free to share your experience with the following:

1.  What kind of commitment is it time-wise? 

2.  I've seen some clans advertise there will be some mentoring, does this really happen, if so what is realistic to expect?

3.  What tier vehicles would I need?  I only have a few tier 6 and 7, no tier 8+ at this point, so would I need to keep moving up before I'm ready vehicle wise?

4.  Will my win rate take a dive if I join a losing clan?  Would I be able to join a clan with persons of similar overall win rate?  

5.  I know I'll need teamspeak and mic, any other gear or setup I'll need? 

6.  Is it fun?  I enjoy pubs but it can suck with some of the suicidal or casual players who don't care if they win.  Will clan play solve this at all?

Thanks!

usually depends on the clan on what their requirements are, you'd have to ask them.

but it's best to have tier 6 and tier 8 tanks for strongholds and tier 10 tanks for clan wars battles. 

Redwave11 #5 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 03:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16809 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

1. Depending on the clan you join, no time commitment to a few hours 4 days a week

2. Yes. Some clans do actually mentor and have training sessions.

3. For clan wars you need tier 10. Obviously since you are still relatively new to the game i would not recommend rushing to tier 10. Tier 6 tanks like the cromwell and type 64 (and bacially any other tier 6) are great for tier 6 strongholds and will be a great place to learn some 'competitive' play. For tier 8s the IS-3 and WZ-132 are good for clan stuff.

4. Just being in a clan will not impact your win rate. If you are platooning with players worse than you it is definately possible to decrease your win rate but generally it will improve as you learn from others.

5. You should definietly get teamspeak and haveing a mic would be good but necessarily mandatory.

6. Yes its fun. I don't platoon much because i find i personally play worse, but i very much enjoy the clan wars, advances and stronghold modes.

StoveBolt54 #6 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 03:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16861 battles

Been a pubby only on here. I left Warcraft because it became a 2nd job with the raiding.

I like being alone but .... the thought of doing more on here has gotten me thinking of joining a clan.

moon111 #7 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 04:11

Captain

• Players
  • 27727 battles
  • [IXGD] IXGD

It's not marriage.  It's not a commitment to the military.   At worst you don't like it and you leave.

Recruiting players who've never been in a clan can be difficult.  Just do it.  

A clan is like any group of people.  As an introvert, they can be taxing and take up energy. 

dir32jd #8 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 04:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12637 battles
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM

View Postmoon111, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:11, said:

At worst you don't like it and you leave.

but if you leave they will track you down in game and teamkill you :justwait:

Edited by dir32jd, Nov 15 2017 - 04:14.

TheDeadPrincess #9 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 16:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 352 battles
  • [_T_] _T_

1) time commitment varries, social clans won't really care, cw clans generally ask for 3 days a well, but even that depends on the community.

2) It does in some places generally in subclans. Rel-A for example gets mentorship from relic main.

3) Every clan has their own reqs. Generally speaking though the better clans will want you to have at least a viable tier 10. A depends on the clan you are applying to though.

4) Win rates are so let based on public battles, joining a clan really shouldn't affect it too much. Though if you start regularly platooning with players at least as good as yourself you should see your wr increase.

5) Some clans will use other 3rd party sites like slack or discord. Some don't. Inquire when you apply.

6) I enjoy being In a clan, but there are good communities and bad ones. Find a good community and you'll enjoy your time there. Join a bad one and you won't.

beachead08 #10 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 19:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23418 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

There are clans out there that will fit the bill for what you seek, others will be no where close.

1.  Time commitment depends entirely on the clan you join.  Some have NO time commitments, others require 4 or 5 days a week or more.  This is usually shown on their clan page so you should know before joining. If it is not there you should ask them what they expect from your time.  Some require TS or Discord any time you play, others not at all or only during clan activities.  Generally the more competitive clan wars clans and what not demand more of your time

2.  Yes some clans do mentoring.  Again it depends on the clan, but if they offer it you should expect at least one session per week.  mostly it will be about team work and how to play better together. Some will review tanking basics like angling, side scraping, weak spots etc.

3. There are a lot of clans that have no vehicle requirements.  If the clan is into clan wars then obviously you will need meta 10's for that. However many clans are not active in that and just do skirms or casual pubs, then you only need some 6's or 8's if at all.

4.  Your win rate should not take a dive, unless you mean win rate in strongholds. If it is a losing clan and you do not carry them enough then perhaps you will see that win rate go down?  For pubs it should actually help your win rate as you platoon with other clannies and also learn a bit from the clan.  Find the right clan and you can get one with similar stats and win rate as yours.

5.  Not all clans require a mic and TS or Discord, however it is a benefit.  Some will also have web pages, slack, or line apps.  But for most there will be nothing more required

6.  Yes, clan life opens a whole new slate of fun and things to do in the game.  Finding like minded players that can help you in battle adds to the enjoyment.  The team play aspect of strongholds and clan wars is much better than just pubbie grind.  Not to mention the clan reserves boosters you earn in strongholds.  Clan play can be fun and beneficial.

Do some searching for a clan that fits your needs.  Hang around with them for a bit, if they gel with you and you enjoy their company join up.  If it's not to your liking just drop tags and go back to life as you know it.  There is no penalty other than a 2 day cooldown before you can join another. 

Good luck on your search

Also tagged with clans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users