• [REL-A] REL-A

View Postscyorkie, on Nov 25 2017 - 11:53, said:

Change all instances of color='{{c:xr}}' to color='{{c:wn8}}' in these files:

- battleLoading.xc

- battleLoadingTips.xc

- playersPanel.xc

- statisticForm.xc

and then use my colors.xc

Omg thank you so much!  You have restored my sanity! :)

bockscar43 #23 Posted Nov 25 2017 - 18:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 25737 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
Why do you need xvm at all?

moogleslam #24 Posted Nov 25 2017 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 30276 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View Postbockscar43, on Nov 25 2017 - 13:59, said:

Why do you need xvm at all?

I don't exactly need it; it's not air, but some of my favorite features:

• Auto switch equipment
  • Auto login
  • Spotted icons adjacent to enemy player list
  • Let's me know who I can trust on my team
  • Clock

There are probably other's, but I haven't played vanilla in so long that I maybe can't remember what they are.

GotTank #25 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 00:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32432 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V

View Postscyorkie, on Nov 25 2017 - 07:53, said:

Change all instances of color='{{c:xr}}' to color='{{c:wn8}}' in these files:

- battleLoading.xc

- battleLoadingTips.xc

- playersPanel.xc

- statisticForm.xc

and then use my colors.xc

THANK YOU

This is the only post from 3 or 4 forums that has actually worked, and made any sense. I did use your colors, but I assume this would also make the wot labs colors.xc function. 

Now the question is why is this information so hard to find? Or better yet, why can't XVM include the most popular color scheme by default? Not one person I've ever played with likes the useless and limited default colors. When everyone from 1600 to 2200 WN8 is the exact same shade, you really can't estimate at a glance how the teams will behave, who the strongest enemies are, which allies you can expect to be proactive... You have to actually read the numbers to predict the flow of battle. Barely better than not having the data at all when you only have seconds to make decisions. 

I edited those files myself, but they should be available for DL on the wotlabs page. As of now, the instructions there are out of date and useless - as is the current colors.xc by itself.

scyorkie #26 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 00:36

Major

• Players
  • 66784 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostGotTank, on Nov 28 2017 - 07:11, said:

THANK YOU

This is the only post from 3 or 4 forums that has actually worked, and made any sense. I did use your colors, but I assume this would also make the wot labs colors.xc function. 

Now the question is why is this information so hard to find? Or better yet, why can't XVM include the most popular color scheme by default? Not one person I've ever played with likes the useless and limited default colors. When everyone from 1600 to 2200 WN8 is the exact same shade, you really can't estimate at a glance how the teams will behave, who the strongest enemies are, which allies you can expect to be proactive... You have to actually read the numbers to predict the flow of battle. Barely better than not having the data at all when you only have seconds to make decisions. 

I edited those files myself, but they should be available for DL on the wotlabs page. As of now, the instructions there are out of date and useless - as is the current colors.xc by itself.

1. The XVM team is entitled to set as default the color scheme / scale they feel is the most accurate. Opinions differ of course, but that doesn't mean they are wrong. I used to disregard all colors below green (made them all display as white, thereby grading them as the same), then it became all colors below blue, and now I just disregard all colors completely in my personal config.

2. In any case, you aren't confined to using the default since the configs are fairly customizable. The flip side is that the more customization options there are, the more documentation users have to pore though. Having tweaked practically everything in the configs at one point or another, I am confident that there is nothing about the documentation that is outdated or useless.

moogleslam #27 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 02:26

Major

• Players
  • 30276 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
scyorkie, I noticed one thing that didn't change, and that's the small colored tab to the left of each players health bar above their tank; that's still showing the old colors.  I had a look through some files to see if there were more instances of color='{{c:xr}} but I couldn't find any.  Do you know what controls this?  Thanks

scyorkie #28 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 66784 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View Postmoogleslam, on Nov 28 2017 - 09:26, said:

scyorkie, I noticed one thing that didn't change, and that's the small colored tab to the left of each players health bar above their tank; that's still showing the old colors.  I had a look through some files to see if there were more instances of color='{{c:xr}} but I couldn't find any.  Do you know what controls this?  Thanks

markersAliveNormal.xc, line 158: change "color": "{{c:xr|#999999}}", to "color": "{{c:wn8|#999999}}",

markersAliveExtended.xc, line 131: change "color": "{{c:xr}}", to "color": "{{c:wn8}}",

moogleslam #29 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 23:39

Major

• Players
  • 30276 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View Postscyorkie, on Nov 27 2017 - 21:45, said:

markersAliveNormal.xc, line 158: change "color": "{{c:xr|#999999}}", to "color": "{{c:wn8|#999999}}",

markersAliveExtended.xc, line 131: change "color": "{{c:xr}}", to "color": "{{c:wn8}}",

Thank you!  Again, you are legend as that works perfectly!  

How to you suggest I proceed going forwards?  I've modified 8 files.  Your 6, plus some changes to hanger.xc and login.xc that I always make.  Do the xvm developers change these regularly, or am I pretty safe to keep a copy of my modified ones, and replace after installing the latest xvm?

Also, I was looking for the latest xvm, since they haven't updated it (I do have the nightly link if needed).  Did a google search for 9.20.1.4 xvm and first result was yours!  I actually gave it a try.  Some things I love, some things I'd have to get used to (maybe I'm not a fan of change!), but one of my favorites was the permanent HP displayed adjacent to the player lists.  Is that easy to enable?  Currently I can only see it when pressing Alt.

Edited by moogleslam, Nov 29 2017 - 23:45.

scyorkie #30 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 00:09

Major

• Players
  • 66784 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

You basically have to follow the changelog (accessible from the top of the nightly builds page) to determine if your current configs need tweaking the next time you update. It can be tedious, but worthwhile if you have a number of custom changes like I do.

My HP bars are defined at lines 129-153 of playersPanel.xc, and called up at lines 573 and 594 for the large panel mode (the other modes are disabled).

The default config's HP bars are only shown upon pressing Alt because of these: "hotKeyCode": 56, "onHold": "true", "visibleOnHotKey": true, (keycode 56 being Left Alt).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users