Solo's ModPack - How To Install Into The WoT Mac Wrapper

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

black_colt #1 Posted Nov 16 2017 - 17:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

Everyone,

Like Solo's ModPack but cannot figure out how to install into the WoT Mac Wrapper?

Well - soloviyko has produced a video showing how easy it is to install their ModPack into the WoT Mac Wrapper.

No need to copy and paste individual folders - just let the Solo's ModPack .exe file to do all the work.

Check out the video - https://www.youtube....1&v=nAXgqnRsMxI

Please post your comments/issues related the Solo ModPack in this Forum only so that they may be seen/addressed. 

Remember to include what version of OS X/macOS you are running and the specifications of your Mac hardware - this helps identify issues/resolutions quickly.

Augustus_Sohn #2 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 02:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2700 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Important question: How do you get it (Solo's Mod Pack) off your computer? The files aren't simply in the res mods folder. 

I really like Solo's mods primarily because they are easy to use on my Macbook. But after this last patch, my game is nearly useless with them -and only with them. I run Vanilla/Safe mode and I have no problems (other than WG related bugs; Contacts list, vehicle stats). 

Will the Studly Utility help me get them off by resetting the wrapper?

I figure taking the Mods off and waiting a couple weeks for any wrinkles to be ironed out will help.

Thanks!

black_colt #3 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 21:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostAugustus_GoldNoob_Sohn, on Dec 14 2017 - 17:53, said:

Important question: How do you get it (Solo's Mod Pack) off your computer? The files aren't simply in the res mods folder. 

I really like Solo's mods primarily because they are easy to use on my Macbook. But after this last patch, my game is nearly useless with them -and only with them. I run Vanilla/Safe mode and I have no problems (other than WG related bugs; Contacts list, vehicle stats). 

Will the Studly Utility help me get them off by resetting the wrapper?

I figure taking the Mods off and waiting a couple weeks for any wrinkles to be ironed out will help.

Thanks!

Interesting I have been running Solo's Mod Pack for several months without issue.

As for deleting the Mod Pack - I have not researched and tested the MS Windows uninstaller [just tried and the uninstaller failed - do not have time]

Probably the best way [provided you have a fairly fast Internet connection and will not go over your data limit] is to use the Studly Utility to delete the game [make sure you duplicate the [replays] folder and move to the Desktop so you do not lose your replays] and reinstall.

Edited by black_colt, Dec 15 2017 - 21:05.

Augustus_Sohn #4 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 14:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2700 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postblack_colt, on Dec 15 2017 - 12:04, said:

Interesting I have been running Solo's Mod Pack for several months without issue.

As for deleting the Mod Pack - I have not researched and tested the MS Windows uninstaller [just tried and the uninstaller failed - do not have time]

Probably the best way [provided you have a fairly fast Internet connection and will not go over your data limit] is to use the Studly Utility to delete the game [make sure you duplicate the [replays] folder and move to the Desktop so you do not lose your replays] and reinstall.

Kind of figured a fresh start was needed. Thanks!

black_colt #5 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 17:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostAugustus_GoldNoob_Sohn, on Dec 16 2017 - 05:04, said:

Kind of figured a fresh start was needed. Thanks!

I was informed by another Forum member that the link in the Studly Utility for downloading the latest version of WoT Mac Wrapper is broken.

If that is the case, then go to the World Of Tanks website and download the WoT Mac Wrapper from there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users