• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 00:09

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 8367 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Hey Tankers,

We’ve transferred two maps into HD – Erlenberg and Fjords.  They are now up on the Super test.   Erlenberg is the first winter map in HD quality that we are showing off to you!  Both of these maps have some issues in their current incarnations that we hope to improve during the transition to HD.

On the updated Fjords map we have opened up the middle and added another entrance - during testing we will see if these changes work and make more as necessary:

The updates of the Erlenberg map are all about fixing some negative issues: slow gameplay, difficulties with attack rushing in the middle of a battle, poorly used map center. We’ve updated the urban part in the center and along the river in order to add more variety to battles.  Pending further testing we may make more changes:

Let us know what you think!

dnaman #2 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 00:20

Captain

• Players
  • 30202 battles
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
Maps are always appreciated.  Keep bringing us more, please.

YANKEE137 #3 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 00:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 10335 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Is that water tower on Fjords destructible? People will race to blow it up or knock it down every game. You gotta make it destructible.

MountainLion1 #4 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 07:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22483 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Nov 17 2017 - 00:09, said:

Hey Tankers,

We’ve transferred two maps into HD – Erlenberg and Fjords.  They are now up on the Super test.   Erlenberg is the first winter map in HD quality that we are showing off to you!  Both of these maps have some issues in their current incarnations that we hope to improve during the transition to HD.

On the updated Fjords map we have opened up the middle and added another entrance - during testing we will see if these changes work and make more as necessary:

The updates of the Erlenberg map are all about fixing some negative issues: slow gameplay, difficulties with attack rushing in the middle of a battle, poorly used map center. We’ve updated the urban part in the center and along the river in order to add more variety to battles.  Pending further testing we may make more changes:

Let us know what you think!

Thanks for the update, the new HD maps are looking great.

Anlushac11 #5 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 08:00

Major

• Players
  • 35995 battles
Wow. The overhauled maps look impressive. Loved that tree lined road on Fjords. Both maps look so much more realistic. Well done wargaming.

Noivy #6 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 08:23

Captain

• Players
  • 31999 battles
Interesting changes. I can't judge them until I get the chance to roam them on the test servers. Removed a lot of trees and bushes on erlenberg, I'd have to see what happened to the terrain to know how I'll feel about it.

RushingJaws #7 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 14:46

Captain

• Players
  • 15793 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
While they look great as a promotional video, I think some players would have appreciated a minimap + competent drive through the areas as well.

ClydeCooper421 #8 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 18:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 13541 battles
  • [LOAF] LOAF
I'd rather just see the minimap or a drive through. The HD qualities look the same as the rest of the HD maps. 

IanSanJr #9 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 15:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 62429 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

when it update will apply this game...?

we dont want waste time sitting [edited]game in current patch and more useless watching this HD spread over in video (most likely viral video)

Kamahl1234 #10 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

View PostIanSanJr, on Nov 18 2017 - 14:28, said:

when it update will apply this game...?

we dont want waste time sitting [edited]game in current patch and more useless watching this HD spread over in video (most likely viral video)

Well unlike HD tanks, it's wise to implement as many HD maps as possible, so more or less we have to wait until many if not all in-game maps are finished. These videos show "Hey guys we're still working" when people try to claim WG's devs aren't doing anything about maps. Takes time to make things unfortunately. 

Mikosah #11 Posted Nov 19 2017 - 06:22

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

The trouble with Erlenberg's center area is that river and just how few ways there are to cross it. Unless you use the one bridge right in the middle, you basically have to go around the whole flank if you want to get to the other side. As of the other changes as well as those to Fjords, we'll be able to give feedback as soon as we can test the tactical implications of these changes.

But as an aside, WG should be very sharply reminded that in spite of how much progress has been made on the game's aesthetics, all of these efforts will have been in vain if the gameplay mechanics remain so crude and un-polished. Imagine the golden opportunity to roll out HD maps alongside comprehensive mechanical changes that address the game's major ongoing issues and how much enthusiasm this would create.

Avalon304 #12 Posted Nov 19 2017 - 10:16

Major

• Players
  • 19519 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

Erlenberg looks good. Obviously I cant judge the effectiveness of the changes until I can drive around it... but on first glance it looks good. Finish it up and lump it in with the fist set of HD maps for release and release them in December for christmas.

Fjords looks good too. But so help me if you guys removed the destroyer... if you need a model go wander over tot he WoWs guys and ask to borrow a cup of destroyers... and then put it back. Or better yet, borrow a cup of Atlantas and put and Atlanta-class in the mouth of the harbor instead.

cloudwalkr #13 Posted Nov 20 2017 - 00:09

Major

• Players
  • 54296 battles

I hope to god you guys fixed the map breaking boost on fjords.  It's no so critical in clan wars but in pub matches it gives the west team a massive advantage over the entire middle of the map.   

Those se that know what boost I'm talking about know how powerful the spot is.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users