Transfer NA SEA ANZ Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

JayRatedTheKid #1 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 03:11

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Hey all,

Due to the massive response to the launch of our ANZ server, we’re opening the NA-to-SEA transfer window for the THIRD AND FINAL time to make sure everyone can join the battle on home soil.

Registration will be open from now until the 24th of November, after which point accounts will be moved between the 27th of November and the 3rd of December to ensure any further issues can be addressed before the window closes.

Please direct friends/clan members/anyone you may know who has been unable to transfer to the link below, as this will absolutely be the last chance to transfer for the foreseeable future.

Apologies to anyone who’s been affected by this process, with the final window we hope to ensure that all players hoping to transfer are able, and we have the time to confirm they have been.

You can find the application form here. http://bit.ly/2AVEZhE

Cheers,

Jake/JayRated

Edit: The transfer period has now closed, thanks to all who applied!

DDemon #2 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 03:17

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19501 battles
When can we expect EU transfers?

SacherMasoc #3 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 03:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6907 battles
Announcements on the website, emails, bulletins and whatever else would be beneficial. Most people don't read forums. From what I've seen many of those interested in this transfer haven't been aware until it's too late. Conflicting information and changes to the processes have been issues. Perhaps a dedicated bot department at 'Support' could be an idea.

Kamahl1234 #4 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 03:29

Major

• Players
  • 17969 battles

View PostDDemon, on Nov 18 2017 - 02:17, said:

Probably only when NA closes up, so maybe 5 years at the current rate?

Cheetaah #5 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 03:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 1400 battles

This will be the third time that I have applied for a transfer. Let's hope it goes right this time!

Kreygasm #6 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 04:02

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 14938 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View PostKamahl1234, on Nov 18 2017 - 03:29, said:

Probably only when NA closes up, so maybe 5 years at the current rate?

Wrong; they said after the asian transfers are done.

Lets hope they can do it before Christmas, a week or 2 after this final SEA transfer.   

cabbage :child:  please :C) 

Striker_70 #7 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 04:51

Major

• Players
  • 18915 battles

View PostKreygasm, on Nov 17 2017 - 21:02, said:

Wrong; they said after the asian transfers are done.

Lets hope they can do it before Christmas, a week or 2 after this final SEA transfer.   

cabbage :child:  please :C) 

At what point though?  Last I heard WG EU wasn't willing to cooperate with WG NA regarding the transfer process.

cloudwalkr #8 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 05:35

Major

• Players
  • 52351 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

View PostSacherMasoc, on Nov 18 2017 - 03:23, said:

Announcements on the website, emails, bulletins and whatever else would be beneficial. Most people don't read forums. From what I've seen many of those interested in this transfer haven't been aware until it's too late. Conflicting information and changes to the processes have been issues. Perhaps a dedicated bot department at 'Support' could be an idea.

It's WG.  You're asking for too much.

MountainLion1 #9 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 08:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19286 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
I hope the NA server goes on for years to come, I can only imagine how bad the lag would be trying to play on the EU server. There are people in the US that do nothing but complain about the lag on the NA server, it is a good thing that we have the NA server here in the states because the game would surly be unplayable trying to play on the EU server from the states. Lets keep the NA central server running strong and invite a friend to join us in WOT.

StScSi #10 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 09:02

Private

• Players
  • 9315 battles

merge account?

if not I don't transfer.

JayRatedTheKid #11 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 09:46

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostDDemon, on Nov 18 2017 - 02:17, said:

There are no plans to facilitate an EU transfer at this time, we're focusing on making sure everyone from NA who wants to can transfer at the moment.

View PostSacherMasoc, on Nov 18 2017 - 02:23, said:

We are also communicating this through emails, social media and the NA in-game portal. We acknowledge that messaging on transfers is not as clear as it could have been in the first two instances, which is why in this case we are sharing this a week before the registration period closes; with an additional week to action the transfers themselves - in both instances allowing enough time for people to be reached and issues to be resolved.

Regarding the support, I am part of a broad team of real human beings from offices across ANZ, NA and SEA overseeing this transfer window. If you experience any problems with the transfer at all, I encourage you to contact me at the email address above so that I can raise the issue with the relevant individuals.

Cheers,

Jake (Player Experience Team, ANZ)

Scorpiany #12 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 09:49

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 30504 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostJayRatedTheKid, on Nov 18 2017 - 00:46, said:

There are no plans to facilitate an EU transfer at this time, we're focusing on making sure everyone from NA who wants to can transfer at the moment.

He meant when will NA players be able to transfer to the EU server, not the other way around. There are many players who lived in Africa and parts of Europe who can no longer play on NA because of the server merge.

JayRatedTheKid #13 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 09:53

Corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Nov 18 2017 - 08:49, said:

He meant when will NA players be able to transfer to the EU server, not the other way around. There are many players who lived in Africa and parts of Europe who can no longer play on NA because of the server merge.

Ah, sorry about that - thanks for the clarification.

I'm a part of the Sydney team so I'm only across the NA-to-SEA transfer at the moment, any inquiries regarding activity to the NA server would have to be answered by one of the American admins.

Vladamir_Inhaler #14 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 10:34

Captain

• Players
  • 53995 battles
  • [AC_DC] AC_DC

View PostJayRatedTheKid, on Nov 18 2017 - 11:41, said:

Hey all,

Due to the massive response to the launch of our ANZ server, we’re opening the NA-to-SEA transfer window for the THIRD AND FINAL time to make sure everyone can join the battle on home soil.

Registration will be open from now until the 24th of November, after which point accounts will be moved between the 27th of November and the 3rd of December to ensure any further issues can be addressed before the window closes.

Please direct friends/clan members/anyone you may know who has been unable to transfer to the link below, as this will absolutely be the last chance to transfer for the foreseeable future.

If anyone has any problems with the current transfer, feel free to contact me via email at: j_truman@wargaming.net (Note: This does not include asking why you haven’t been transferred on day one/two/etc. of a seven day window.)

Apologies to anyone who’s been affected by this process, with the final window we hope to ensure that all players hoping to transfer are able, and we have the time to confirm they have been.

Cheers,

Jake/JayRated

Hi Jake

While I am interested in transferring, I have a number of issues I have expressed elsewhere in the forum, both during the transfer periods and well before the ANZ servers were proposed. That in mind, are you able to answer a few questions:

• What is the server population of the ANZ server? Do you have details on how it has changed week by week? How does it compare in terms of players logged in during ANZ peak vs players logged in during NA offpeak?
  • I am commander of a small clan - if I move, will the clan move with me? Or will it transfer to another clan member? What if ALL clan members move? If the clan does NOT move with me, can I get compensated for the gold I spent to set the clan up (so I can recreate it on the ANZ server end)?
  • I see the free female crew member each time I log in, but I am not claiming her until the new French Heavies are in. How long will it be possible to delay claiming her? If I transfer in the meantime will I lose this crew member?
  • I'm assuming personal mission progress transfers as well?
  • What about missions when the transfer take place? Say it takes place halfway during missions on both NA and SEA, meaning it is impossible to complete either. What consideration is being made in these cases?
  • I recall some kind've small incentive in the initial offering - is that still on the cards?
  • If the absolute worst case scenario happened and Wargaming decided the ANZ server was a failure for one reason or another (and if it happened within 12 months), would WG even consider a transfer back to NA, or would players be stuck on SEA?
  • While it doesn't affect me personally, I see a LOT of angst on the forum from players irritated they cannot merge accounts - and I am very concerned this will affect the ongoing viability of the ANZ server, and impact the amount of players considering transfer. Is wargaming seriously looking into this issue?

I'm sure there's something I've missed, but some clarity on these in the very least would help.

Papamike #15 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 14:25

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 46238 battles

Please don't stuff this up again WG

Dceriana98 #16 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 14:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22802 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostVladamir_Inhaler, on Nov 18 2017 - 10:34, said:

• I see the free female crew member each time I log in, but I am not claiming her until the new French Heavies are in. How long will it be possible to delay claiming her? If I transfer in the meantime will I lose this crew member?

u have to claim the crew member before the next patch or u will lose it

Vladamir_Inhaler #17 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 14:52

Captain

• Players
  • 53995 battles
  • [AC_DC] AC_DC

View PostDceriana98, on Nov 18 2017 - 23:18, said:

u have to claim the crew member before the next patch or u will lose it

Cactus - cheers. Will just claim now then and retrain later.

Killer_Khan #18 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 18:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 43671 battles

View PostJayRatedTheKid, on Nov 18 2017 - 02:11, said:

Hey all,

If anyone has any problems with the current transfer, feel free to contact me via email at: j_truman@wargaming.net (Note: This does not include asking why you haven’t been transferred on day one/two/etc. of a seven day window.)

Cheers,

Jake/JayRated

Hello Jake/WG,

I have just now requested my NA server account (IGN - Killer_Khan) to be transferred to SEA server. Though I have few open questions as mentioned below:

1. The application form is on Google Docs hence I need to know will I receive a ticket number on my email id to keep a track that I have an open request on NA WG for account transfer which I can refer in any future communications.
  2. Do I have to create an account on SEA server with the same IGN as in NA server for the transfer as mentioned on this SEA link.
  3. What if I am not able to get the same IGN on SEA server now as I have on NA server. Or is this based on my email id used on NA server. (Update - i tried creating account on SEA server with same IGN but was unable to do so hence I created with same email id but IGN as Killer_Khan2).
  4. I wonder how the transfer would work, will it overwrite SEA account or simply merge both accounts.

Appreciate your prompt response.

Thank you,

Regards,

Killer_Khan

Edited by Killer_Khan, Nov 18 2017 - 18:37.

Kreygasm #19 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 18:38

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 14938 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View PostStriker_70, on Nov 18 2017 - 04:51, said:

At what point though?  Last I heard WG EU wasn't willing to cooperate with WG NA regarding the transfer process.

post 37 http://forum.worldof..._st__20#topmost

"We are still working on the EU transfer, but as promised we are doing the APAC transfer first. It took a little longer than we had hoped, but once we confirmed the Australian server, we had to ensure we delivered on our first promise to ANZ players to offer them to a lower latency solution. We will keep on the job for the folks who wish to transfer to EU and have more info at a later date."

Dead_Zombie #20 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 18:45

Major

• Players
  • 32275 battles

View PostJayRatedTheKid, on Nov 17 2017 - 20:11, said:

Hey all,

Cheers,

Jake/JayRated

wouldn't this go alot further if you sent an email to all NA account holders? as we know, 95% of the players dont even visit forums,in order to improve, or catch up on whats happening

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users