Jump to content


NA-to-SEA Transfer - THIRD AND FINAL CHANCE

Transfer NA SEA ANZ Server

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

Macras #101 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 01:34

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19542 battles
  • 170
  • Member since:
    06-02-2012

OK, I'm still having problems. I cant see a solution on the previous few pages of posts, so,,,


 

I finally managed (with a lot of help) to get my account transferred, and have received the confirmation email saying it has been done ( the transfer) and that I need to follow a link to reset my password on SEA. (emails I didn't receive, emails going straight to junk mail, links in emails that didn't work, or did work and yet still didn't get the next follow up email to start the transfer, 'nuff said.)


 

That link works, however, when I click the reset password tab, the email it generates is taking too long to get to my inbox, so when I try and use the link in that email, I get an error message saying it has expired and to try again.


 

I have tried 4-5 times now with the same outcome. There is also a manual link attached in that email that I have tried to cut and paste into my browser window but this wont work for me either. Its taking probably 2-3 minutes for the emails to get to my inbox?.


 

Anyone else getting this and have a solution?


 

( its also being sent to the wrong email address, not sure if that makes a difference, I had to use a second email as I already had a test account on SEA, the password reset link is going to my original email)


 

Thanks all, hopefully I'm not far away from being able to play again after 2 months off.



JayRatedTheKid #102 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 03:10

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostMacras, on Dec 04 2017 - 00:34, said:

OK, I'm still having problems. I cant see a solution on the previous few pages of posts, so,,,


 

I finally managed (with a lot of help) to get my account transferred, and have received the confirmation email saying it has been done ( the transfer) and that I need to follow a link to reset my password on SEA. (emails I didn't receive, emails going straight to junk mail, links in emails that didn't work, or did work and yet still didn't get the next follow up email to start the transfer, 'nuff said.)


 

That link works, however, when I click the reset password tab, the email it generates is taking too long to get to my inbox, so when I try and use the link in that email, I get an error message saying it has expired and to try again.


 

I have tried 4-5 times now with the same outcome. There is also a manual link attached in that email that I have tried to cut and paste into my browser window but this wont work for me either. Its taking probably 2-3 minutes for the emails to get to my inbox?.


 

Anyone else getting this and have a solution?


 

( its also being sent to the wrong email address, not sure if that makes a difference, I had to use a second email as I already had a test account on SEA, the password reset link is going to my original email)


 

Thanks all, hopefully I'm not far away from being able to play again after 2 months off.

 

Hey mate,

 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. If you could shoot me an email via the address in the OP providing as much info/screenshots as you can and I'll see what I can do.

 

-JR



Rapscallion58 #103 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 03:52

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19712 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    10-28-2011

Jake

Have all the transfers been done yet. I friend of mine registered but hasn't received the email yet.

 

Thanks



JayRatedTheKid #104 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 04:52

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostRapscallion58, on Dec 04 2017 - 02:52, said:

Jake

Have all the transfers been done yet. I friend of mine registered but hasn't received the email yet.

 

Thanks

 

Externally the transfer window has closed but there's still a very limited time for us internally to assist with issues such as your mate's.

 

Sent you a DM with the info he'll need.



Deltalance #105 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 15:09

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 1336 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    01-30-2016

Hi Jake,

I have emailed you back on the 26 November about this transfer, are you able to help as per the previous post from Rap58 ?

 

Thanks.

 



Yankee #106 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 15:17

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 34116 battles
  • 9,867
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-02-2010
Aussie support best support NA...

JayRatedTheKid #107 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 01:44

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostDeltalance, on Dec 04 2017 - 14:09, said:

Hi Jake,

I have emailed you back on the 26 November about this transfer, are you able to help as per the previous post from Rap58 ?

 

Thanks.

 

 

Hey Don,

 

Don't worry mate you haven't been forgotten, I'm trying to get you onto the same system internally as I have mentioned above - just haven't gotten back to you yet cause I'm unsure of its progress beyond where it's left my handling, didn't want to get your hopes up.

 

Will have a definitive answer for those requesting a transfer who didn't apply by the end of the week. 



kimlong #108 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 05:51

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    01-23-2012

View PostJayRatedTheKid, on Dec 04 2017 - 03:52, said:

 

Externally the transfer window has closed but there's still a very limited time for us internally to assist with issues such as your mate's.

 

Sent you a DM with the info he'll need.

 

I got the same problem -  a mate of mine hasn't got the email yet  - DM?

 

(I play on the Asia Server)


Edited by kimlong, Dec 06 2017 - 05:51.


JayRatedTheKid #109 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 06:00

    Corporal

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View Postkimlong, on Dec 06 2017 - 04:51, said:

 

I got the same problem -  a mate of mine hasn't got the email yet  - DM?

 

(I play on the Asia Server)

 

Responded to your DM.

 

To those who applied for a transfer but didn't receive an email. Get in touch with me before this Friday and I'll provide the info you need.

 

I can not assist anyone beyond the 8th of December, so please get in touch before then if you require support.






6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users