Jump to content


High Ping and Lag Central US


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

magnum0601 #1 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 15:08

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 59090 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    02-26-2012
The last 2 days the my ping on central US server has jumped from 50 to over 200.  The reporting on the support site is requiring 50 questions and unnecessary information.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  I have run ping checks and everything on my end is great.

Coffee_ #2 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 15:12

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 43339 battles
  • 594
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

You could try tracing the route and see if a hub some where is crapped out. If this is the case, it will get fixed at some point.

I don't know the actual IP of the server though... Anyone have the IP?



Taggeth #3 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 16:01

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11649 battles
  • 604
  • [FRAY] FRAY
  • Member since:
    06-23-2012
Wiki is still listing East and West but hasn't been updated to list Central yet.

nxp #4 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 16:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38375 battles
  • 1,338
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
  • Member since:
    05-21-2013
why is it that i never have lag problems? been 4 years playing, never happened. wonder why.

GrouchySmurf #5 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 16:39

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15851 battles
  • 154
  • [-REM-] -REM-
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011
I've played quite a while and have experienced the occasional lag bumps from 50 - 250 or so however the last few days playing T8 Strongholds and Advances there has been some MAJOR lag issues. For example my clan and I were in a battle and my ping shot to 999, the game froze for about 10 real life seconds and then my tank did a complete 360 before finally coming down to 445 ping and somewhat allowing me to finish the match. This was witnessed by my other clan mates.I AM NOT and HAVE NOT EVER been one of those guys that is always crying about the lag, but there is DEFINITELY something going on with the Stronghold and Advances....Hopefully WG can get it fixed.

Edited by GrouchySmurf, Nov 28 2017 - 16:40.


Lonewolfpj #6 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 16:48

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4017 battles
  • 801
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
I would guess it’s has something to do with your IP. I had the same issue with Comcast untill they updated one of there hubs.

Edited by Lonewolfpj, Nov 28 2017 - 16:48.


Blaze_terror #7 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 18:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14406 battles
  • 1,250
  • Member since:
    05-17-2013

View Postnxp, on Nov 28 2017 - 09:18, said:

why is it that i never have lag problems? been 4 years playing, never happened. wonder why.

 

You have a great ISP   that takes care of there routing .  Most gaming lag has to do with routing congestion  with in isp's. Especially in the US.   But most players put blame on the games server  we're more times than not it has nothing to do with it

Blaze_terror #8 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 18:59

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14406 battles
  • 1,250
  • Member since:
    05-17-2013

View PostBlaze_terror, on Nov 28 2017 - 11:47, said:

 

You have a great ISP   that takes care of there routing .  Most gaming lag has to do with routing congestion  with in isp's. Especially in the US.   But most players put blame on the games server  we're more times than not it has nothing to do with it

 

i recall some years ago , a wot player came on this forum and was constantly complaining about his lag blaming wgna . Finally taking advice from someone to traceroute come to find out he was on the west coast connecting to the old NA East server.   His ISP was routing him to some hub in Europe then to the East server.  Lol.   Never seen him complaining on the form again 

Sniper257m #9 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 23:40

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30227 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    08-19-2012

View PostGrouchySmurf, on Nov 28 2017 - 15:39, said:

I've played quite a while and have experienced the occasional lag bumps from 50 - 250 or so however the last few days playing T8 Strongholds and Advances there has been some MAJOR lag issues. For example my clan and I were in a battle and my ping shot to 999, the game froze for about 10 real life seconds and then my tank did a complete 360 before finally coming down to 445 ping and somewhat allowing me to finish the match. This was witnessed by my other clan mates.I AM NOT and HAVE NOT EVER been one of those guys that is always crying about the lag, but there is DEFINITELY something going on with the Stronghold and Advances....Hopefully WG can get it fixed.

 

x2

Commander_D #10 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 01:55

    Private

  • Players
  • 20779 battles
  • 9
  • [URBAN] URBAN
  • Member since:
    09-12-2012

I've been having the same problems over the last two days with some lag, but mostly higher ping rates. Mine increased from 60-80 to over 200, sometimes going up to 400+ms. Causes issues when my tank suddenly won't stop behind a rock and I get toasted. This has happened twice. 

I checked my router, my ISP, there have been NO changes to either. Reset all my equipment... it's DEFINITELY an issue with the WoT NA Central server. 



DFM #11 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 23:39

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 31408 battles
  • 342
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011

View PostCommander_D, on Dec 02 2017 - 19:55, said:

I've been having the same problems over the last two days with some lag, but mostly higher ping rates. Mine increased from 60-80 to over 200, sometimes going up to 400+ms. Causes issues when my tank suddenly won't stop behind a rock and I get toasted. This has happened twice. 

I checked my router, my ISP, there have been NO changes to either. Reset all my equipment... it's DEFINITELY an issue with the WoT NA Central server. 

 

Do you have the log-in set to "Automatic" when the game loads up? If so, check to make sure your actually on NA Central, not LATAM Test. Did that to me for a while and I couldn't figure out why until i actually checked the server...

Feorhhyrde #12 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 04:11

    Private

  • Players
  • 16630 battles
  • 2
  • [13WNG] 13WNG
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012
I know this sounds like Bull, but I play on satellite internet and do pretty well for what it is. Every since the LATAM test or whatever showed up on the list my ping has been what feels like about 3000, I usually play at 600-700. I can ping anywhere like 10 times in a row and get near 500 ping like normal ping but as soon as I get into a battle I get a few seconds of movement and then its nonstop wherever I was going till I die. Its strange because this doesn't apply to chat or seeing everyone else's movement like when I usually lag bad. Also any other data stream doesn't do it, WoW works like normal.

OlTanker #13 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 15:54

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18958 battles
  • 403
  • Member since:
    01-17-2016
Had to log off of the game and restart the program yesterday due to excessive lag. Ping rates of 999 and inability to control my vehicle after about 1 minute of battle. Prior to that it was fine with the normal 45 to 78 ping rate. This is getting to be a weekly event and is certainly not appreciated.

CarryClaus #14 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 21:31

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 3655 battles
  • 5
  • [DYNO] DYNO
  • Member since:
    07-15-2017
I have ping issues too. packetloss + up to 250ms.According to Ping Plotter it occurs on the WG server.

Feorhhyrde #15 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 00:06

    Private

  • Players
  • 16630 battles
  • 2
  • [13WNG] 13WNG
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012
The link https://na.wargaming...kb/articles/143 shows Centrals address as "login-p3.worldoftanks.com". When pulled up with ping plotter it shows it as a fine connection, but in game its still maxed out and unplayable, i guess ill reinstall and see if that helps but i dont know why it would.

Pitch_Black #16 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 07:12

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 42414 battles
  • 119
  • [REL-V] REL-V
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

I've had issues for the last 4 weeks, especially on weekend evenings. I can play Saturday during the day, fine, Night time comes, 3-5 times the ping. I've been doing the ticket dance with WG for the last 10 days.

-Remove mods

-Remove game

-Reinstall game

-Ran 1 game, same crap results

-Run the WGCheck Tool

-Run ping plotter

-Send them the results

So far it's been the same thing every weekend, good during the week. Friday night...crap...



tod914 #17 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 22:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 61869 battles
  • 5,168
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
Real bad today.  Red ping half the time, 248ms ping on Central.  Anyone else?  It's normally around 30ms.

REBUS2034 #18 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 17:12

    Private

  • Players
  • 44314 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    02-23-2013
Getting worse, in the last 2 weeks more times than not the game is started before I'm in. Very laggy and twitchy. 

NutrientibusMeaGallus #19 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 17:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 22159 battles
  • 5,380
  • [FILOX] FILOX
  • Member since:
    10-26-2012
  It's probably odd but my ping for both central and latam are both within like 10 or 20 ms.... I live in NJ. It's gotta be something on the route you take to the server.

Dadrox #20 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 17:54

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16236 battles
  • 524
  • [77ARC] 77ARC
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

Here is my normal route from Cox ISP in Tucson AZ.  Phoenix level3.net is almost always a traffic jam.

 

wotna3.login.wargaming.net.png

 

 


Edited by Dadrox, Feb 14 2018 - 17:55.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users