Jump to content


Operation Gambit Discussion Thread

clan wars operation gambit

  • Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

t8z5h3 #21 Posted Dec 02 2017 - 23:34

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 36717 battles
  • 1,058
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View Postcnumartyr, on Dec 01 2017 - 11:02, said:

Is there a way to view the lab?

 

Can't seem to find it anywhere.  Or is it officers only?

 

clan wars map i think

t8z5h3 #22 Posted Dec 02 2017 - 23:44

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 36717 battles
  • 1,058
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View PostSparker714, on Dec 02 2017 - 11:56, said:

This Tournament is a joke, like so many before it. 

Look at the available landing zones in the basic area and see who owns them.

Good luck taking one of the many that MAHOU or G owns.

GG WG as usual...

Wargaming is amazingly out of touch with it's players.. 

 

View Postsidewinderwill, on Dec 02 2017 - 17:18, said:

Yes this is a bad event

It's not really about winning land on the map it does nothing overall the prizes are for battling also:

1. it's only day 3 and the full extent of the event does not come into play until at least stage 2

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 02 2017 - 17:34, said:

You don't have a tier 10 tank so it really doesn't matter if you can't beat any of the clans you listed. The fact is you have no idea why this event is absolutely [edited]. You complain about good clans being good but fail to see what WG has done.  Even if you are in the top 15-20% of players and in a clan that places in the top 15-20% of clans, you will not get enough bonds to get a tank. There is the potential for 3,000 tanks to be awarded and about the same number of players on the board. Of those players, about 2,400 will get a license to 'buy' a tank but will not receive enough bonds from this event to 'buy' the tank.  

 

If WG doesn't change the rules to remove the need for bonds, there are going to be several hundred to a couple of thousand pissed off players. 

 

i think there is a lot more bonds up for grabs then you think.

 

TOP PERCENTAGE OF ALL PARTICIPATING PLAYERS Bonds
<=1% 1,000 
1–2% 950 
2–3% 900 
3–5% 850 
5–10% 800 
10–15% 750 
15–20% 700 
20–25% 600 
25–50% 500 
50–75% 250 

 

connected with this table i see around 7K bonds as a possible outcome:

 

TOP PERCENTAGE OF ALL PARTICIPATING CLANS Clan multiplier
<=1% 7
1–2% 6.5
2–3% 6
3–5% 5.5
5–10% 5
10–15% 4
15–20% 3
20–25% 2.5
25–50% 2
>=50% and players who do not belong to any clan at the moment the event ends. 1


Hellsfog #23 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 00:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 32247 battles
  • 4,735
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View Postt8z5h3, on Dec 02 2017 - 17:44, said:

 

It's not really about winning land on the map it does nothing overall the prizes are for battling also:

1. it's only day 3 and the full extent of the event does not come into play until at least stage 2

 

i think there is a lot more bonds up for grabs then you think.

 

TOP PERCENTAGE OF ALL PARTICIPATING PLAYERS Bonds
<=1% 1,000 
1–2% 950 
2–3% 900 
3–5% 850 
5–10% 800 
10–15% 750 
15–20% 700 
20–25% 600 
25–50% 500 
50–75% 250 

 

connected with this table i see around 7K bonds as a possible outcome:

 

TOP PERCENTAGE OF ALL PARTICIPATING CLANS Clan multiplier
<=1% 7
1–2% 6.5
2–3% 6
3–5% 5.5
5–10% 5
10–15% 4
15–20% 3
20–25% 2.5
25–50% 2
>=50% and players who do not belong to any clan at the moment the event ends. 1

 

Nice chart. Did you bother to read it? probably not.  Give it read and tell me that the math in my example is wrong. At this moment, the clan in 13th place only gets a 3x modifier, which means that if you were in that clan and in the top 1% personal fame points, you would get 3k bonds.  Oh wait, you need 4K. Sorry no tank for you. 

t8z5h3 #24 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 05:30

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 36717 battles
  • 1,058
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 02 2017 - 19:29, said:

 

Nice chart. Did you bother to read it? probably not.  Give it read and tell me that the math in my example is wrong. At this moment, the clan in 13th place only gets a 3x modifier, which means that if you were in that clan and in the top 1% personal fame points, you would get 3k bonds.  Oh wait, you need 4K. Sorry no tank for you. 

 

yes i did and the top 1% of players get 1000 bonds if they are in the top clan they7 times multiplier so

1000*7= 7000



t8z5h3 #25 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 05:31

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 36717 battles
  • 1,058
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

Question:

if i get on the Personal Fame Point leader board there is no way to get removed?



Buttknuckle #26 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 09:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 44961 battles
  • 2,225
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

View Postt8z5h3, on Dec 03 2017 - 04:30, said:

 

yes i did and the top 1% of players get 1000 bonds if they are in the top clan they7 times multiplier so

1000*7= 7000

Yes you did that math right but you are completely missing the point that Hellsfog is making. You need to consider the actual amount of clans and players that are participating. The way it sits currently, only about 500 players will earn enough bonds from the campaign itself to get the tank, but WG is awarding a license to get the tank to 3K players.



t8z5h3 #27 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 12:20

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 36717 battles
  • 1,058
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View PostButtknuckle, on Dec 03 2017 - 04:12, said:

Yes you did that math right but you are completely missing the point that Hellsfog is making. You need to consider the actual amount of clans and players that are participating. The way it sits currently, only about 500 players will earn enough bonds from the campaign itself to get the tank, but WG is awarding a license to get the tank to 3K players.

 

the value of the tank is defined in two ways rarely and what it can do in battle the idea of people not quite meeting requirements Is quite good for value based on point 1 

Buttknuckle #28 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 17:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 44961 battles
  • 2,225
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

View Postt8z5h3, on Dec 03 2017 - 11:20, said:

 

the value of the tank is defined in two ways rarely and what it can do in battle the idea of people not quite meeting requirements Is quite good for value based on point 1 

 

I'm sorry but I simply do not understand what you are saying here. Is English a 2nd language for you?

JEDIDIEUGH #29 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 18:24

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 16042 battles
  • 855
  • [TOMAS] TOMAS
  • Member since:
    12-11-2013

View PostButtknuckle, on Dec 03 2017 - 00:12, said:

Yes you did that math right but you are completely missing the point that Hellsfog is making. You need to consider the actual amount of clans and players that are participating. The way it sits currently, only about 500 players will earn enough bonds from the campaign itself to get the tank, but WG is awarding a license to get the tank to 3K players.

 

Eh I'm not complaining :P

 



Chemo_ #30 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 04:05

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 69204 battles
  • 77
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

I find it rather discouraging thinking that all this work and time being put into the campaign and not going to be able to get a reward tank due to not playing ranked enough. If they decide, in their rather greedy way, to sell bonds to make up the difference, it would be nice for the community to tell WGing to put their bonds up their dark areas. I assume this would just make the limited population we have at the moment to become even smaller.

I assume they knew what they were doing and will go for the cash grab of selling bonds.. this company has become so blatant about it.. 

I am a die hard player but this has me wondering why

 



Chemo_ #31 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 04:48

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 69204 battles
  • 77
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

now talking to a few other members of the clan and some other clans.. we might be quitting the campaign...FFS

 

WGing get your sh(* together please

 



Hellsfog #32 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 05:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 32247 battles
  • 4,735
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View Postt8z5h3, on Dec 02 2017 - 23:30, said:

 

yes i did and the top 1% of players get 1000 bonds if they are in the top clan they7 times multiplier so

1000*7= 7000

 

Okay, great. Now read the rest of the chart and tell me how many players will not get enough bonds to 'buy' the tank they just won.  Here's a hint: everyone outside of the top 10%. Requiring players to buy their reward was a putrid idea that WG as somehow manged to make even worse. 

Lord_Covfefe #33 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 21:16

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 40493 battles
  • 23
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
It is nice of them to award me a license for a tank... BUT THEN NOT GIVE ME THE FUNDS TO GET IT! Like for real there is no way of me getting this tank unless I join Mahou, -G- or Otter atm... Like come on WG you have already shown you like satisfying your elite players with ranked. Wouldn't it be much easier just to give the 3k players the tank! LIKE YOU HAVE FOR ALL THE OTHER CAMPAIGNS... And reward the bonds to those who don't want the tank!

AQUILA_RU #34 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 21:46

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 25921 battles
  • 40
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    03-24-2012

View PostButtknuckle, on Dec 03 2017 - 03:12, said:

Yes you did that math right but you are completely missing the point that Hellsfog is making. You need to consider the actual amount of clans and players that are participating. The way it sits currently, only about 500 players will earn enough bonds from the campaign itself to get the tank, but WG is awarding a license to get the tank to 3K players.

Its like saying that during the Olympic Games, all participants should get a gold medal, just to be fair, so no one is upset? The Reward is for the best! Otherwise whats a point to compete?



AQUILA_RU #35 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 21:53

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 25921 battles
  • 40
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    03-24-2012

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 03 2017 - 23:02, said:

 

Okay, great. Now read the rest of the chart and tell me how many players will not get enough bonds to 'buy' the tank they just won.  Here's a hint: everyone outside of the top 10%. Requiring players to buy their reward was a putrid idea that WG as somehow manged to make even worse. 

To me, if everyone get the reward - tank, the effort is just not worth it. The reward is so precious because only few can get it - that's the motivation to compete. Also its not only about a tank, its about my clan being able to make top 10, or top 5. (We're #5 at the moment



t8z5h3 #36 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 00:33

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 36717 battles
  • 1,058
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View PostLord_Covfefe, on Dec 04 2017 - 16:16, said:

It is nice of them to award me a license for a tank... BUT THEN NOT GIVE ME THE FUNDS TO GET IT! Like for real there is no way of me getting this tank unless I join Mahou, -G- or Otter atm... Like come on WG you have already shown you like satisfying your elite players with ranked. Wouldn't it be much easier just to give the 3k players the tank! LIKE YOU HAVE FOR ALL THE OTHER CAMPAIGNS... And reward the bonds to those who don't want the tank!
you earn the funds, bonds are not to be handed out but earned though actions on the global map,Ranked battles and random battles

t8z5h3 #37 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 00:36

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 36717 battles
  • 1,058
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 02 2017 - 19:29, said:

 

Nice chart. Did you bother to read it? probably not.  Give it read and tell me that the math in my example is wrong. At this moment, the clan in 13th place only gets a 3x modifier, which means that if you were in that clan and in the top 1% personal fame points, you would get 3k bonds.  Oh wait, you need 4K. Sorry no tank for you. 

 

ya and a lot of people have bonds on there account i played both ranked battles seasons and got no higher then rank 2 on both season for one week but made at least rank 1 for all 7 weeks plus the bonds from random battles and i am over 1000 already so your point is mute earn your bonds.

Hellsfog #38 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 00:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 32247 battles
  • 4,735
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostAQUILA_RU, on Dec 04 2017 - 15:53, said:

To me, if everyone get the reward - tank, the effort is just not worth it. The reward is so precious because only few can get it - that's the motivation to compete. Also its not only about a tank, its about my clan being able to make top 10, or top 5. (We're #5 at the moment

 

What's the point of giving away 3,000 tanks if the reward is gated behind a currency that only 600-ish people will get? Nothing saps the motivation to complete by having rewards that most players cannot hope it get.  The idea is to make it hard, not impossible. 

Ricky9525 #39 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 07:22

    Private

  • Players
  • 24945 battles
  • 2
  • [RE4GD] RE4GD
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

how do you know if you're in the top 3k for rewards tank??????

 

 



t8z5h3 #40 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 13:32

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 36717 battles
  • 1,058
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View PostRicky9525, on Dec 05 2017 - 02:22, said:

how do you know if you're in the top 3k for rewards tank??????

 

 

 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/clanwars/rating/alley/#wot&aof_front=gambit&aof_rating=clans&aof_filter=all&aof_page=0&aof_size=25






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users