Rewards Clan Rewards Prem Tanks Prem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Zanarkand_C #1 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 23:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 36082 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

I made a post about this before but it didn't get no where so I thought I would make another. I mean if you want something bad enough you got to keep trying to get it right?!

So my thing is, I feel like I am a extensive player of World of Tanks but I don't feel like I really get rewarded for it. Of course there are ways to get rewards like dare I say it... Clans...

But this doesn't work for me, I don't have the time or schedule or even desire to be apart of a clan capable of getting a reward tank. I don't like "mustering" for a video game, I can't adhere to the play schedules all the time. It's just kind of a pain and really like a 2nd part time job.

To be fair to WG there is ways to get stuff like events, recently they did the trio event and I got the IS-6B for free! However it's still a tank I could have just as easily bought, doesn't really feel like an award to me. I want a special tank, something that I can earn on my own. I already got the Obj 260... so what do I do now WG? I don't have anything to work toward anymore.

Also I am NOT saying to make clan rewards just available in other missions for every person to get, I think they should stay there cause it gives rewards in clans sort of an identity. So no problem but there are other tanks like the Obj 777 that have not made there way into the game yet and for a player like me it would just be really disappointing to see cool new tanks go to a place that I don't really have a chance to get them.

So to sum it up I just want a 2nd campaign or just a new mission set in the existing campaign. Cause right now unless you are in a clan, a good clan that has active players you can't really get rewarded for the time you put into the game. I don't think that is fair to us, some people just are not into clans... we just like to play tanks but we still want a chance to get something rare or cool. :( Honestly sometimes when I open World of Tanks I look at my garage, I go through the missions tabs then I just log off. Cause I don't feel like there is anything for me to really do, I have 20 tier X tanks.. of course I am working on others but it's just kind of a repeated marathon now and it's a bit boring and stale. Give me something WG I need something to do, something to shoot for.

Xeraux #2 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 23:38

Major

• Players
  • 25117 battles
  • [INTEL] INTEL
They're supposedly working on a second season of campaign missions.

dominator_98 #3 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 23:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 23243 battles

WG wants to reward clan play, for a host of reasons. Here is an interesting excerpt from this article describing a different game that explains why.

“We’ve found that most players are more willing to spend money to help out their fellow gamers than to try to defeat them,” he said. “As an example, players who take part in our ‘guilds,’ or groups of players who come together to accomplish communal missions, are 8.5 times more likely to monetize than players who do not belong to a guild, and the ARPU [average revenue per user] of players in our guilds is 53 times higher than other players.”

Players in clans also form friendships with their clanmates, and those friendships keep them coming back to the game as much as the game itself does. 

Then there's the fact that earning the reward vehicles causes players to spend both a large amount of time and credits they otherwise would have invested elsewhere. Something that the typical campaign reward tanks like the 260 do not require, since they can be earned through normal gameplay.

dont_ping_me #4 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 23:46

Major

• Players
  • 84435 battles

solo pubbers used to get much less. Now we get tankrewards that gives us a free tank every month plus a bunch of other junk.

We also get the campaign stuff. Even if you complete all four, I doubt you have completed everything with honors. Do the "improve result" and you can earn a bunch more stuff.

Then you have on-track missions, marathon mission and other random events. I play this game more than most and sometimes I cannot keep up completing missions, and I'm not in a clan. If my understanding is correct, the clan reward tank missions are very infrequent anyway.

I really find it hard to believe you are complaining about this.

dpmgumby #5 Posted Nov 28 2017 - 23:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3364 battles

View PostZanarkand_C, on Nov 28 2017 - 23:20, said:

I made a post about this before but it didn't get no where so I thought I would make another. I mean if you want something bad enough you got to keep trying to get it right?!

So my thing is, I feel like I am a extensive player of World of Tanks but I don't feel like I really get rewarded for it. Of course there are ways to get rewards like dare I say it... Clans...

But this doesn't work for me, I don't have the time or schedule or even desire to be apart of a clan capable of getting a reward tank. I don't like "mustering" for a video game, I can't adhere to the play schedules all the time. It's just kind of a pain and really like a 2nd part time job.

To be fair to WG there is ways to get stuff like events, recently they did the trio event and I got the IS-6B for free! However it's still a tank I could have just as easily bought, doesn't really feel like an award to me. I want a special tank, something that I can earn on my own. I already got the Obj 260... so what do I do now WG? I don't have anything to work toward anymore.

Also I am NOT saying to make clan rewards just available in other missions for every person to get, I think they should stay there cause it gives rewards in clans sort of an identity. So no problem but there are other tanks like the Obj 777 that have not made there way into the game yet and for a player like me it would just be really disappointing to see cool new tanks go to a place that I don't really have a chance to get them.

So to sum it up I just want a 2nd campaign or just a new mission set in the existing campaign. Cause right now unless you are in a clan, a good clan that has active players you can't really get rewarded for the time you put into the game. I don't think that is fair to us, some people just are not into clans... we just like to play tanks but we still want a chance to get something rare or cool. :( Honestly sometimes when I open World of Tanks I look at my garage, I go through the missions tabs then I just log off. Cause I don't feel like there is anything for me to really do, I have 20 tier X tanks.. of course I am working on others but it's just kind of a repeated marathon now and it's a bit boring and stale. Give me something WG I need something to do, something to shoot for.

I am all for it. I play solo and have no plans on joining a clan.

Zanarkand_C #6 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 00:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 36082 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Nov 28 2017 - 17:46, said:

solo pubbers used to get much less. Now we get tankrewards that gives us a free tank every month plus a bunch of other junk.

We also get the campaign stuff. Even if you complete all four, I doubt you have completed everything with honors. Do the "improve result" and you can earn a bunch more stuff.

Then you have on-track missions, marathon mission and other random events. I play this game more than most and sometimes I cannot keep up completing missions, and I'm not in a clan. If my understanding is correct, the clan reward tank missions are very infrequent anyway.

I really find it hard to believe you are complaining about this.

I have done almost all the campaign with honors besides LT missions. And everything you say we get is what? It's nothing that anyone could just get from the depot... The only thing On-track missions give you is credits and equipment, nothing about that is special at all. I could just go to depot now and buy everything with credits that you could earn in an on-track event. I'm talking about getting a real reward, there is no comparing a VK 72.01 reward tank to a on-track event... really?

And you get all offended like I am putting down clans. Cause I'm not at all, I think clans are great and ads diversity of things to do into the game. What I am saying is not everyone is into clans, I am not into clans. There is a lot of people who just don't enjoy playing with or being apart of the clan but they still like to play tanks. So how come besides the campaign rewards... that's all we get? Especially for someone like me who has done that campaign... In clans you have I think 5 different tanks to try and earn all tier X and all pretty neat tanks. So you can play the global map over and over and get something cool.

I got the Obj 260... Yay? lol I mean its a cool tank but that's it for me, there is nothing else for me to try and get.

It's not about clans being better or not better, its about having a equal chance to get something cool out of playing a game.

__Worm__ #7 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 00:29

Major

• Players
  • 34929 battles

Yes you are correct. Playing in a clan to get the reward tanks IS like having a second job.

That is why the clans that do win get "payed" a reward tank.

Playing the game and coincidentally winning an campaign mission tank, playing at your leisure is not the same as playing like it is a job.

Kinda in a way comparing apples to oranges...

Understand I do believe there should be stuff for casual players and as it was stated above there will be more for that game set.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users