• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 20:57

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 7369 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
Hey Tankers, 

As many of you have seen from the Common Test server and videos like Quickybaby's, we are close to the release of a new set of Customization features.  Here is an FAQ covering aspects of the transition and some questions we expect to see once it launches:

What will happen with my old camouflage, emblems and inscriptions?
You keep them

What will be with customization for tanks similar to Defender, Patrion?
Customization remains unavailable for these tanks

Camouflage is 1 item?
A camouflage set for 1 season is 3 parts. You can apply 3 parts, not necessarily from the same set

Will there be any new bonuses with customization?
No, bonus remain the same

How many parts of camouflage can I apply on turretless tank?
For these tanks you can apply only 2 parts to cover whole tank (Turreted vehicled have 4)

To get the camouflage bonus I need to apply all 3 parts?
No, 1 hull part will be enough

Did the camouflage bonus change with new customization?
No, it will remain the same

How often are you going to produce new styles?
It will depends on many factors, but we have plans to produce many styles during next year

Monotone camouflages, can I somehow modify them?
Yes, players will be able to change scale of spots in camouflage. Changing base color will change how camouflage looks

Will you introduce new customization for other tiers?
We will work on customization for tier 6-9 during 2018

Can I create my style, save it and after apply to other tanks?
Currently it is not available, but we will consider it in the future

If I will apply 1 emblem to all seasons, I will pay for 1 only?
No, each emblem has price for an item. If you buy 1 item, you can only apply it once

Will I be able to zoom in to an customization element to see details?
Yes, it will be possible

I purchased and applied effect, but nothing happened?
It could be an issue for low graphics settings, so then you will see notification. Change graphics settings to check how effect looks

I did apply customization, but my friends do not see it?
By default checkbox with do not show me non-historical elements is checked. Uncheck it to make it visible

Checkbox is checked. My customization items are historically accurate, why are they not visible?  
If at least 1 item in your applied is not historical, then all customization will not be visible

How I will know which customization element is historical and which is not?
There will be icon and extra information in item description

Can I edit the purchased style?
No, it is not possible

What type of customization will be available for tanks tier 1-9, without tier 8 premium tanks?
camouflages
emblems and inscriptions
rentable styles

Before update 9.21 I rent camouflage for 7 or 30 days, what will happen?
We will pro-rate and compensate the remaining days

What is the difference between camouflage and rent style?
Rent style gives full camouflage for all seasons

Could I sell the remaining battles in my rent style or sell part of the style?
No

Can I apply style for gold on all tiers, similar to rent style?
No, it will be available only for tier 8 premium tanks and tier 10 tanks

What will happen if I remove paint from the tank?
Paint will move to storage

What is the difference between historical accurate and non-historical paint?
You can apply can with non-historical paint to any season, color the same. Historical paint related to the seasons listed in the Exterior tab.  Certain colors (bright blue, purple etc) will always trigger the Historical filter if you have it enabled.

Nudnick #2 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 21:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 21736 battles
My only interest would be getting rid of the clown paint on the Liberté. You're saying I can't do that ? Now I'm pissed.

jo5419 #3 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 21:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36225 battles
  • [WE3D] WE3D

people didnt liked paintjobs-patriot liberte defender black tanks 

wg comes whit more things to make clow tanks 

yes this this is the wg we always can relay

CapPhrases #4 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 21:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 6340 battles
  • [TXV] TXV
Checkbox is checked. My customization items are historically accurate, why are they not visible?  
If at least 1 item in your applied is not historical, then all customization will not be visible

^ this bothers me a bit but I guess I understand it's just kind of strange that if even say the mantlet is unhistorical then the whole paint scheme is hidden.

Darkbee2Bee #5 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 32480 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
  • Will I have to re-apply camo and emblems to tanks that had them prior to the new customization options?
  • What happens if I don't have enough emblems to cover multiple seasons, will I automatically receive enough emblems to cover the new scheme of requiring one for each season?

IndygoEEI #6 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 01:36

Major

• Players
  • 49383 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

You guys need an undo button and improve the UI to be more streamlined.  It feels a little

clunky when I click the paint, apply it and it "sticks".  Same goes for selecting hull parts.

There also needs to be flood fill option also.  In fact the paint UI needs to be as comfortable

as using Windows MS Paint but not need be as complex as this program.  Also adding CTL

multiple linking function to select multiple parts would be helpful too.

Worn Paint option looks weak in it's applied effect.  It looks only slightly worn.  Also having
a "NEW Paint" option would be nice to make the vehicle look like it just came out of the

factory.

The SuperPershing Hull Selection is bugged.  Currently you can only paint both the Gun

and Mantet "Riot Shield" together with camo paint.  With Custom Paint, it's not an issue.

Also I feel in some cases, a maximum of 5 customization zones is not enough.  Tanks with

intricate details like SuperPershing deserve more.  For example, I want to customize the

Gun Recoil Springs to a different color.  Or the Churchill 1's Hull gun should be it's own

zone.  Accessories like Machine Guns, Crew equipment  (Helmets, Tools,  PV Guitars, Ect.)

should be it's own customization zone.

Also let us change the color of the paint of our Inscriptions.  It's infuriating to have an

inscriptopn be colored white on Winter Camo.  I cant see it and some inscriptions like

Primo Victoria are very hard to see in the White color.

Last thing is we need to be compensated correctly for Inscriptions that's "Special".  Sure

I can put on "Honey" and "God Save the Queen" on every tank twice over no problem, but

having only one copy of LE Primo Victoria Sabaton, WW1 100 Anniversary, ect. Emblems

and inscriptions is not satisfactory.  We need to be able to apply this twice or as many times

needed on thesame vehicle as there is no option to buy them again.  Otherwise I may

strongly not consider ever buying any LE Inscriptions/Emblems again due to being afraid of

being burned when buying them.  In fact LE inscriptions/emblems are  the main reason I

bought one of Primo Victoria's upper Tier packages.

One last suggestion.  I no you guys don't want to put in customized inscriptions, but please

give us the option to add Serial Numbers to our tanks using only numerical characters.  I

don't care how you go about doing it, but please add it.

Edited by IndygoEEI, Nov 30 2017 - 01:41.

t8z5h3 #7 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 02:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 33938 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Will all tanks see the new system by 2020?

_Road_RunneR___ #8 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 08:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 29443 battles
  • [PARS] PARS

this new feature is not good its absolutely not good ...

you guys is better to nerf the artys and Add New Maps or Bring Back the Old ones

JTM78 #9 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 17:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17349 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN

Why are the muzzle brakes not changing color with the standard camo?

JTM78 #10 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 17:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17349 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
The Worn Paint One Effect and Worn Paint Two Effect, do they have to be purchased for each tank or is it a one time purchase for all tanks?

ISNomads #11 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 21:22

Captain

• Players
  • 29640 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

So, only hull camo reduces the ability of others to spot you.

Is it going to start making the game look really dumb when we see a bunch of tanks with camo only on the hull?

Edited by ISNomads, Dec 13 2017 - 22:08.

barberouge1 #12 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 21:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 37689 battles

what is this retarded new camo customization??????????????? what was wrong with the old one???????? so now 50 gold just to paint the gun?????????????? are u serious????????????? this is the biggest non sense "improvement" I have ever seen in the last 4 years.............. wow

Well the way I see it....... Buy more Gold so WG can increase its profits, I have no idea how else this make sense.........just another frustrating change..........

Edited by barberouge1, Dec 13 2017 - 21:50.

teothegreat239 #13 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 23:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 9261 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5
The ability to buy camo without gold would be appreciated

VeSaRoiD #14 Posted Yesterday, 01:06 AM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22792 battles
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-

View PostCapPhrases, on Nov 29 2017 - 15:38, said:

^ this bothers me a bit but I guess I understand it's just kind of strange that if even say the mantlet is unhistorical then the whole paint scheme is hidden.

And you know what the biggest burn is..... In one swipe they made all those reward emblems we earned totally worthless... 100 years/Halloween... you add one of those to your tank and it hides all of your customization..... that's great..

and even better.... it used to cost 50g to add a emblem to your tank for both sides in all seasons.... and now.... 300g....

Edited by VeSaRoiD, Yesterday, 01:07 AM.

ISNomads #15 Posted Yesterday, 01:31 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29640 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View PostVeSaRoiD, on Dec 13 2017 - 16:06, said:

And you know what the biggest burn is..... In one swipe they made all those reward emblems we earned totally worthless... 100 years/Halloween... you add one of those to your tank and it hides all of your customization..... that's great..

and even better.... it used to cost 50g to add a emblem to your tank for both sides in all seasons.... and now.... 300g....

Ouch.

Another problem with the historical vs not historical is that now players can potentially see different things in game depending on a setting. I can see someone in chat saying "focus fire on the blue and white tank!!!" and me in historical mode saying "what blue and white tank?"

Then you will have the clueless making their tanks neon colors and not realizing they just make it a lot easier to target their tank.

It will be interesting to see how this all turns out after 3-6 months.

BluntedBaboon #16 Posted Yesterday, 05:28 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19548 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-

This is a terrible change in its current form. Who demanded this? I didn't see people begging for this. It is way more time consuming to paint a tank for the 3 seasons and it is more expensive  Also the special emblems that came with VK72.01, M60, 907 and other campaign tanks are now counted as unhistorical, to now null all other customization on the tanks.

As I was typing this out I also think you have made the "Shadow tanks" T34B, IS6B, and the other Mutz less of a cool thing to own for the people who bought them only for the skin. You can just paint your regular tanks black now.

Also just noticed. You want people to spend 900 Gold to put the Worn Effects 1 or 2 on a single tank for the 3 seasons? Wow.

Edited by BluntedBaboon, Yesterday, 05:48 AM.

VeSaRoiD #17 Posted Yesterday, 12:05 PM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22792 battles
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-

View PostBluntedBaboon, on Dec 13 2017 - 23:28, said:

This is a terrible change in its current form. Who demanded this? I didn't see people begging for this. It is way more time consuming to paint a tank for the 3 seasons and it is more expensive  Also the special emblems that came with VK72.01, M60, 907 and other campaign tanks are now counted as unhistorical, to now null all other customization on the tanks.

As I was typing this out I also think you have made the "Shadow tanks" T34B, IS6B, and the other Mutz less of a cool thing to own for the people who bought them only for the skin. You can just paint your regular tanks black now.

Also just noticed. You want people to spend 900 Gold to put the Worn Effects 1 or 2 on a single tank for the 3 seasons? Wow.

This is by all means another cash grab.... And they will probably make it look a little more reasonable thru discount events and bundles...

ISNomads #18 Posted Yesterday, 05:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 29640 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View PostBluntedBaboon, on Dec 13 2017 - 20:28, said:

It would all make more sense if this was a game not based on historical military vehicles and it was geared more toward a younger crowd.

Also, spending $4-$5 bucks per vehicle to decorate them seems excessive. Making the cost cheaper would make the penny pinchers happy and would probably "trick"/encourage people to buy multiple variants due to the "cheapness", leading to more revenue overall.

The good news is that as long as you want the camo bonus and don't care what your vehicle looks like, the cost is now much less since you only need to apply something to your hull.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users