12 replies to this topic

Bundespanzervolk #1 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 20:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29729 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

Folks, Remember this:

https://worldoftanks...t-server-merge/

"Will this specifically fix the server lag? If not, when is the server lag fix?
The current plan is to finish the server merge, and focus on stabilizing the regional connections that are going to be impacted by this shift in location. Our server operations team is working daily to optimize our network connections, and improve routing by working with our partners such as Level3, Telia, and Comcast. Engineers will be monitoring performance for the entire region, including North and South America. Server lag has been an ongoing issue we will work to resolve as we focus on NA Central stability. There is no ETA for this to be 100% fixed, but we’re committed to improving the situation for users who have lag and freezing issues."

I recently performed the prescribed PingPlotter trace from my PC to "login-p3.worldoftanks.com"   I've had significant issues with connectivity, lag, packet loss and game play since the server merge, but was missing the game.  This latest PingPlotter revealed one of the pre-described "Partner" company servers as being significantly out of whack.  

4.16.30.129 (lag-101.ear2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net) was consistently performing @ 70-80+% packet loss.  I called them directly (Level 3) and "Rick" politely told me to buzz off since I was not their customer.  I called my ISP (Frontier) and received red carpet treatment.  They too performed a trace, saw the issue and jumped through some hoops to reach out directly to Level 3.  Packet loss is still 50+%, but beats the heck out of 80-ish % and a big improvement.

I also filed a Ticket with WG and after being punted initially, I underscored that WG mentioned (Above) that they would work closely with the "Partners" to resolve stability issues.  Clearly there are stability issues when a "partner" along the chain to the NA server has such issues.  I eventually got this from WG-USA support that, "Please be reminded that we are not a 100% sure that something will be done about this but, please rest assure that we will be passing this on to the correct channels and, like you, we hope someone listens and addresses this accordingly."

​I'd like to encourage my fellow WG customers to help the WG/WOT engineers as much as possible by running your PingPlotters, contacting your ISP and letting WG know the issues via tickets whenever prudent.

Edited by Bundespanzervolk, Nov 29 2017 - 20:59.

Awestryker #2 Posted Nov 29 2017 - 21:42

Major

• Players
  • 25154 battles

All hail Telia.net...the famous swallower of packets...

Edited by Awestryker, Nov 29 2017 - 21:42.

m14gunner #3 Posted Dec 24 2017 - 08:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 8613 battles

I'd sure love them to fix the server lag.... I'm tired of being reported as a BOT for game lag. Frozen for the first 30 seconds of a match , then nothing but choppy game play. I get razzed by other players and have been given 3 infractions now for "leaving a match". Getting a message to contact customer support thru the hoops of filling out a ticket and hoping for a resolution. It's pretty lame. WOT is the only online game i play and would sure be nice if it actually became enjoyable to play again.

I'm in western canada, have triple checked my machine, firmware, software, removed and reloaded the game and still the lag continues. My ISP (SHAW) is telling me it's a server problem while monitering my connection with the game running..... so......

Would like to one day actually buy some gold and some premium time but not untill I can play the game smoothly.

Edited by m14gunner, Dec 24 2017 - 08:22.

Bundespanzervolk #4 Posted Dec 27 2017 - 19:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29729 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

lag-101.ear2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net is still showing a 50% packet loss per PingPlotter today.

I'm assuming this isn't just impacting me, but is likely negatively impacting everyone routed via this hub in SoCal and also screw$ WG.

There were other on-line games that I played in the past in which the game proprietor would actively assist (as stated by WG above) in getting issues with "partners" resolved to secure the best performance for their paying customers.  That doesn't seem to be happening.  As stated before, I made a ticket with WG, contacted Level 3 directly and made a complaint via my ISP.  I don't have the clout to get this fixed.  I think we know who does and pledged to fix issues with their partners, but they apparently are not doing that.

As mentioned by m14gunner, individual players will not invest their $$'s in something in which is either aloof, indifferent or doesn't care about long term commitment from players supporting the brand. 

DDemon #5 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 03:30

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19501 battles

View PostBundespanzervolk, on Dec 27 2017 - 19:52, said:

lag-101.ear2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net is still showing a 50% packet loss per PingPlotter today.

I'm assuming this isn't just impacting me, but is likely negatively impacting everyone routed via this hub in SoCal and also screw$ WG.

There were other on-line games that I played in the past in which the game proprietor would actively assist (as stated by WG above) in getting issues with "partners" resolved to secure the best performance for their paying customers.  That doesn't seem to be happening.  As stated before, I made a ticket with WG, contacted Level 3 directly and made a complaint via my ISP.  I don't have the clout to get this fixed.  I think we know who does and pledged to fix issues with their partners, but they apparently are not doing that.

As mentioned by m14gunner, individual players will not invest their $$'s in something in which is either aloof, indifferent or doesn't care about long term commitment from players supporting the brand. 

After 4 months they still haven't bothered even informing us about the EU transfer, which should be an easy database entry transfer. I wouldn't expect any customer service from WG regarding this somewhat more difficult issue.

Edited by DDemon, Jan 02 2018 - 03:30.

lightball20 #6 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 08:36

Major

• Players
  • 27571 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View PostDDemon, on Jan 01 2018 - 18:30, said:

After 4 months they still haven't bothered even informing us about the EU transfer, which should be an easy database entry transfer. I wouldn't expect any customer service from WG regarding this somewhat more difficult issue.

They never said anything about there being an EU transfer. They offered SEA transfer because those customers were affected the most by the server move, and that is comparatively a newer smaller server that they do want to work to try and help populate.

They don't care enough to pull people off NA to put them on EU, specially since the move from East Coast to Chicago is realistically minuscule for EU people. Where as San Francisco to Chicago is a larger move.

Bundespanzervolk #7 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 16:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29729 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

And ran a ping again this morning: 70.6% packet loss from lag-101.ear2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net

I've also e-mailed Level-3 and (I hope your sitting down) received ZERO response.

Allow me to quote WG again:  Our server operations team is working daily to optimize our network connections, and improve routing by working with our partners such as Level3, Telia, and Comcast.

DDemon #8 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 19:57

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19501 battles

View Postlightball20, on Jan 02 2018 - 08:36, said:

They never said anything about there being an EU transfer.

They actually did. First answer in the original FAQ post: http://forum.worldof...ge-faq/#topmost

Now look at the date posted,and current date.

Bundespanzervolk #9 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 06:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29729 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

And ran a ping again this evening: 51.5% packet loss from lag-101.ear2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net

Bundespanzervolk #10 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 17:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29729 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

****Another Update****

Ran the pingplotter again this morning (01/05/2018): 66.8% packet loss from lag-101.ear2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net

I've also e-mailed Level-3 and (I hope your sitting down) and as of today have still received ZERO response.

Allow me to quote War Gaming again:  Our server operations team is working daily to optimize our network connections, and improve routing by working with our partners such as Level3, Telia, and Comcast.

Bundespanzervolk #11 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 16:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29729 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

Ran the PingPlotter again this morning (01/08/2018): 41.5% packet loss from lag-101.ear2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net

I've also e-mailed Level-3 and (I hope your sitting down) and as of today have still received ZERO response.

Allow me to quote War Gaming again:  Our server operations team is working daily to optimize our network connections, and improve routing by working with our partners such as Level3, Telia, and Comcast.

Bundespanzervolk #12 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 08:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29729 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

Ran the PingPlotter again this EVE (01/10/2018): 76.7% packet loss from lag-101.ear2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net 

(I know, cant make this stuff up, and look at the time I'm posting this!!!!)

I've also e-mailed Level-3 and (I hope your sitting down) and still have received ZERO response.

Allow me to quote War Gaming again:  Our server operations team is working daily to optimize our network connections, and improve routing by working with our partners such as Level3, Telia, and Comcast.   (They have since removed this quote from their web site.....)

Bundespanzervolk #13 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 23:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29729 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

Ran the PingPlotter again today (01/14/2018): 55.5% (earlier) to now a 73.0% packet loss from lag-101.ear2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net

Still no response from my e-mailed complaint to Level-3.

We deserve better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users