Jump to content


Latin America Server Test


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Quemapueblos #1 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 19:36

    Associate Producer

  • Administrator
  • 8645 battles
  • 697
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012

Tankers,

 

As you may be aware, we are testing a new server that is based in Brazil. It offers very low ping to players in Latin America, but it will not be optimal to play here from North America. If in doubt please check your login settings when you launch World of Tanks, and make sure you select the appropriate server for your country!

 

The Auto setting should detect your best ping and in most cases it will pick the best server for you but if you are having latency issues please check which server you are connected to.



caramel #2 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 19:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 8057 battles
  • 3,849
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011
Does this mean the ping in America for American players will improve?

MajorRenegade #3 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 19:44

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 28007 battles
  • 8,508
  • [SAVE] SAVE
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010
I haven't seen you post on the Wows forum in a long time. Did you get transfer to the Wot team?

Mazati #4 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 19:45

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4912 battles
  • 93
  • Member since:
    06-19-2013

View Postcaramel, on Nov 30 2017 - 18:40, said:

Does this mean the ping in America for American players will improve?

 

How would that improve the NA ping? Not a networking expert but dont see how that would work

Edited by Mazati, Nov 30 2017 - 19:46.


moogleslam #5 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 20:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 30276 battles
  • 3,044
  • [REL-A] REL-A
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013

View Postcaramel, on Nov 30 2017 - 14:40, said:

Does this mean the ping in America for American players will improve?

 

No Impact.

Quemapueblos #6 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 20:10

    Associate Producer

  • Administrator
  • 8645 battles
  • 697
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012

View Postcaramel, on Nov 30 2017 - 11:40, said:

Does this mean the ping in America for American players will improve?

No, probably not. Latin America players will hopefully get a more solid connection as we optimize this server over time.

 

View PostMajorRenegade, on Nov 30 2017 - 11:44, said:

I haven't seen you post on the Wows forum in a long time. Did you get transfer to the Wot team?

Hey Major! yep, I moved over to WoT several months back. Your in Trevzor and Niko's capable hands now. Speaking of which, I still need to update my signature...



xX_GRIDLOK_Xx #7 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 20:42

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 14101 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    05-03-2016
Awsome job WG great idea for putting in a south American server on the game love it so the South americans can actually start having good ping and can get there stats up. Hope the LATEM server stays up and can keep the SA's happy and on there own serever. 

Bolted_On #8 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 21:13

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 56798 battles
  • 569
  • [WANKO] WANKO
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View Postcaramel, on Nov 30 2017 - 18:40, said:

Does this mean the ping in America for American players will improve?

 

Maybe, but the game play on the NA server will probably improve. 

FartLord_invader #9 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 21:38

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 34743 battles
  • 14
  • [CHILE] CHILE
  • Member since:
    12-10-2014

View PostBolted_On, on Nov 30 2017 - 21:13, said:

 

Maybe, but the game play on the NA server will probably improve. 

 

eh....Nope....no change in my game-play.  I am still a raging noob.:sceptic:

 



boboland1203 #10 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 22:25

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 50803 battles
  • 435
  • Member since:
    11-22-2013

First of all I want to say that merging the east and west servers and bringing our numbers and community together was probably the best thing that ever happened to WoT NA.

 

Here's the part that confuses me about making a new LATAM server and correct me if I'm wrong but WG official reason for the east west server merge at the time was that our numbers were low and we needed the merge so that the new match maker/grand battles would work. Now six months later WG splits us up again? It doesn't make any sense 

 

I'm all for our fellow tankers in south american countries getting better ping, but it causes two problems. First is that our numbers get split again, which is really bad for all of us and second problem is combining server rivalry and racism, both amplifying each other to a disgusting level.

 

I'm really sad about the whole thing.

 

 

 

 



Nickg1987 #11 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 22:26

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 291 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    10-03-2013
Awesome. Glad they're getting their own server. Once it's fully up, transfer them all there and lock them to that server. Everyone wins. 

Edited by Nickg1987, Nov 30 2017 - 22:26.


UTurnTerminator #12 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 22:50

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7250 battles
  • 421
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015
I'm pleased to hear that my friends in South America will be able to play the game with much better frame rates and much-reduced latency, a big kudos to Wargaming on this one!

I presume the plan is to remain in the same region so we can still platoon sometimes? :great:

willdan #13 Posted Nov 30 2017 - 22:51

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 60477 battles
  • 380
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011

Thank you Jesuz!!!

 

Does this mean they will have a server of their own......that etc...etc...etc...

 

you know what i MEAN



iron_crosstx #14 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 01:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28849 battles
  • 1,468
  • [HAND] HAND
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View Postboboland1203, on Nov 30 2017 - 15:25, said:

First of all I want to say that merging the east and west servers and bringing our numbers and community together was probably the best thing that ever happened to WoT NA.

 

Here's the part that confuses me about making a new LATAM server and correct me if I'm wrong but WG official reason for the east west server merge at the time was that our numbers were low and we needed the merge so that the new match maker/grand battles would work. Now six months later WG splits us up again? It doesn't make any sense

 

I'm all for our fellow tankers in south american countries getting better ping, but it causes two problems. First is that our numbers get split again, which is really bad for all of us and second problem is combining server rivalry and racism, both amplifying each other to a disgusting level.

 

I'm really sad about the whole thing.

 

 

 

 

 

how is giving people 1/2 a world away their own server so they can have a good conection racist?

Mazati #15 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 01:54

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4912 battles
  • 93
  • Member since:
    06-19-2013

View PostBolted_On, on Nov 30 2017 - 20:13, said:

 

Maybe, but the game play on the NA server will probably improve. 

 

Since the majority of players on the NA server were "NA" and the majority of players arent that good I dont see how "gameplay" would change - people who had a bias against SA players will simply find a new direction to point their fingers

boboland1203 #16 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 01:55

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 50803 battles
  • 435
  • Member since:
    11-22-2013

View Postiron_crosstx, on Nov 30 2017 - 16:18, said:

 

how is giving people 1/2 a world away their own server so they can have a good conection racist?

 

View PostNickg1987, on Nov 30 2017 - 13:26, said:

Awesome. Glad they're getting their own server. Once it's fully up, transfer them all there and lock them to that server. Everyone wins. 

 



MajorRenegade #17 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 04:10

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 28007 battles
  • 8,508
  • [SAVE] SAVE
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010

View PostQuemapueblos, on Nov 30 2017 - 14:10, said:

No, probably not. Latin America players will hopefully get a more solid connection as we optimize this server over time.

 

Hey Major! yep, I moved over to WoT several months back. Your in Trevzor and Niko's capable hands now. Speaking of which, I still need to update my signature...

TRAITOR!!!



xSzikll #18 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 04:47

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8414 battles
  • 334
  • Member since:
    12-23-2016
Now I want to see all the T67 seal clubbers playing 24/7 in that server in order to pad their stats regardless the sh*t ping

AlirezaTheLord #19 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 04:51

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 34947 battles
  • 79
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
  • Member since:
    10-26-2014
This is good news for NA!

xeldon333 #20 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 15:05

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 18475 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    05-11-2016

Im from Chile and first day is good 100-80 ms, now have 200-222ms =(.

 

Atte.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users