The core problem of world of tanks

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you still enjoy the "game"? (57 members have cast votes)

how would you rate world of tanks on a scale of 1 worst to 10 best game ever?

1. 1 (1 vote [1.75%])

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

2. 2 (1 vote [1.75%])

3. 3 (6 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

4. 4 (7 votes [12.28%])

Percentage of vote: 12.28%

5. 5 (4 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

6. 6 (5 votes [8.77%])

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

7. 7 (15 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

8. 8 (15 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

9. 9 (2 votes [3.51%])

Percentage of vote: 3.51%

10. 10 (1 vote [1.75%])

what does world of tanks need right now? pick 2

1. more bonuses on credit and exp (14 votes [14.74%])

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

2. automatic reserves (2 votes [2.11%])

Percentage of vote: 2.11%

3. less premium tank spam (14 votes [14.74%])

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

4. Rebalanced premium tanks (18 votes [18.95%])

Percentage of vote: 18.95%

5. Easy to learn tutorials for both old timers and newcomers (17 votes [17.89%])

Percentage of vote: 17.89%

6. Equal nations in terms of balance and playability (12 votes [12.63%])

Percentage of vote: 12.63%

7. more maps (18 votes [18.95%])

Percentage of vote: 18.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

landedkiller #1 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 19:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8566 battles

I know I know your expecting another rant post aren't you all this will not be it. Rather this will be a simple rundown on current problems with world of tanks.

1. very slow credit earning when sister war gaming titles have much faster credit earning potential
  2. very hard to learn for newcomers i.e strategies and how to play
  3. No bonuses for players that achieve tier 10 on their tier 10's
  4. long grind that isn't rewarding
  5. broken spotting system tanks appear out of nowhere
  6. Broken tank balance premiums vastly superior to regular tank counterparts
  7. Boredom from only have one mode to do for the average player

So Landedkiller we already know all this what is the point?

The point is that the community has stopped trying to actually change the game itself. What I mean is that I am not seeing players actualy care to speak their mind on things.

Major community Contributors like The Mighty Jingles and Ritastatus report have moved on and supported other wargaming titles. They say it is due to lack of fun with the game itself.

I don't blame them considering how the average match ends in 5 minutes , when before they actually lasted 8-10 minutes. What this game needs is for those reserves to be automatic so that we can setup what we want to use and don't have to go back in again and again to reset it. The system of bonuses is flawed how can one always remember to activate those reserves?

They can't always, but if they were automatic like consumables are then it would make a lot of sense. I am being truthful when I say I used to love this game a ton, but these days world of warships does it better than world of tanks. The why is simple easy to use bonuses ie signals and camouflage system which allows for automatic bonuses which makes a whole lots of sense. As for could wargaming do this in world of tanks yes it would be as simple as adding in another box next to the consumables.

Yes,  another problem those overpowered tanks like Object 252 and Liberte do I need to go on. Oh Landed you own some of these op tanks so why are you talking? The answer is simple I am simply unsatisfied with them, yes of course they are op, but what is the point? It just get's boring being the op tank and I would rather see tanks rebalanced instead. I know that they're some of you will disagree that is fine look into what older players have said and then play bunches of battles you'll come to same conclusions I have on this. The game is not a game at this point, but a boring job to get to tier 10. 

They play on your brain's natural desire to complete something and then you get hooked it's as simple as that. Don't think that is normal to see people leaving a game, because it is not when you see constant threads on the matter.  The question I have to all of you is this what do you want a boring job or a fun game?

update: WG is annoucinging an office relocation  to Austin, Texas and I have found out some interesting information such as the finanacials of wot in 2017 and it is not good credit to Shadora

Income Statement (in thousands)  

Revenue  
 World of Tanks (servers)  
      Russian 194,884
      EU 77,142
      NA 34,249
      SEA 4,107

World of Warships 35,000

World of Warplanes 1,500

World of Tanks Blitz 18,400

Master of Orion Series 4,000

All Other Revenue 4,000

Total Net Revenue 373,282

Operating Expenses  

Research and Development 238,000

Selling General and Administrative 103,000

Others (including $9.89m loss HB share-value) 12,000

Non-Recurring Events 1,500

Total Operating Expenses 354,500

Operating Income or Loss 18,782

Income From Continuing Operations  

Income Before Tax 18,272

Income Tax Expense (12.5% Cyprus TR) 2,284

Net Income 15,988

Edited by landedkiller, Mar 02 2018 - 01:33.

utgotye #2 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14742 battles

View Postlandedkiller, on Dec 01 2017 - 12:48, said:

I know I know your expecting another rant post aren't you all this will not be it. Rather this will be a simple rundown on current problems with world of tanks.

1. very slow credit earning when sister war gaming titles have muhc faster credit earning potential

1. World of Warships has a different economy so you can't compare the two.
  2. It's not hard to learn at all.  Kill the red tanks.  It's hard to master and there really are no down sides to clubbing seals for those so inclined.  If there were, it's possible it wouldn't occur as much.
  3. Such as?  Are you suggesting WG including something in the end game to give the best players even more of an advantage?
  4. This is an opinion, not a fact.
  5. This is FAR better than it was.
  6. This is a fairly recent development but at least it's an actual problem.
  7. Random battles, team battles, strongholds...yep only one mode, plus clan wars, grand battles and ranked battles to look forward to.  If you want tanks that drive on water or that can fly, play WoWP or WoWS.  Both are quite fun and have their own pros and cons.

ArtofTanks #3 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14113 battles

View Postlandedkiller, on Dec 01 2017 - 13:48, said:

1. very slow credit earning when sister war gaming titles have muhc faster credit earning potential

The point is that the community has stopped trying to actually change the game itself. What I mean is that I am not seeing players actualy care to speak their mind on things.

Major community Contributors like The Mighty Jingles and Ritastatus report have moved on and supported other wargaming titles. They say it is due to lack of fun with the game itself.

I don't blame them considering how the average match ends in 5 minutes , when before they actually lasted 8-10 minutes. What this game needs is for those reserves to be automatic so that we can setup what we want to use and don't have to go back in again and again to reset it. The system of bonuses is flawed how can one always remember to activate those reserves?

They can't always, but if they were automatic like consumables are then it would make a lot of sense. I am being truthful when I say I used to love this game a ton, but these days world of warships does it better than world of tanks. The why is simple easy to use bonuses ie signals and camouflage system which allows for automatic bonuses which makes a whole lots of sense. As for could wargaming do this in world of tanks yes it would be as simple as adding in another box next to the consumables.

Yes,  another problem those overpowered tanks like Object 252 and Liberte do I need to go on. Oh Landed you own some of these op tanks so why are you talking? The answer is simple I am simply unsatisfied with them, yes of course they are op, but what is the point? It just get's boring being the op tank and I would rather see tanks rebalanced instead. I know that they're some of you will disagree that is fine look into what older players have said and then play bunches of battles you'll come to same conclusions I have on this. The game is not a game at this point, but a boring job to get to tier 10. 

They play on your brain's natural desire to complete something and then you get hooked it's as simple as that. Don't think that is normal to see people leaving a game, because it is not when you see constant threads on the matter.  The question I have to all of you is this what do you want a boring job or a fun game?

I'd recommend that you ask some more experienced players for some help maybe platooning or training.  When you are playing at such a poor level as you are (and I don't mean to insult), I just don't see how much fun you can have.

landedkiller #4 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8566 battles
I'd rather see a fun game like this game was initially it was fun to have those battles where the shells would bounce off and you'd go one vs one and It would take actual tactics to win the game. What made this game boring to me is the simple boredom of being blown up by invisible tanks even when I had spotting equipment on my tanks and the constant lemming trains. I can only play a match or two at time without getting worked up about how broken things are in the game itself. Again trying to keep my points straight and not turn this into a long word wall.  The premium tanks don't carry the same fun as playing on balanced level which is something this game needs. The trolls in this community do nothing but derail threads that are trying to make people think about solutions. My skill is somewhat poor, but the main focus is trying to inject some life back into this game. While yes you have team battles open to the average player, you do not have clan battles, strongholds, and other clan modes open unless they join a clan. The game needs something in it for those endgame players like a scenarios mode of sorts that awards you with bonds something that is focused toward tiers 8-10 would work out fine. The lower tiers could also have scenarios except that they would be about teaching tactics and hypothetical situations.  We can't have historical battles due to the imbalance of the current tanks, but we can surely have a mode where these battles still take place with the current in game tanks. We need to start innovating here with new ideas on how to fix some of the problems listed here.

Bundespanzervolk #5 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32082 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

View Postutgotye, on Dec 01 2017 - 11:03, said:

1. World of Warships has a different economy so you can't compare the two.
  2. It's not hard to learn at all.  Kill the red tanks.  It's hard to master and there really are no down sides to clubbing seals for those so inclined.  If there were, it's possible it wouldn't occur as much.
  3. Such as?  Are you suggesting WG including something in the end game to give the best players even more of an advantage?
  4. This is an opinion, not a fact.
  5. This is FAR better than it was.
  6. This is a fairly recent development but at least it's an actual problem.
  7. Random battles, team battles, strongholds...yep only one mode, plus clan wars, grand battles and ranked battles to look forward to.  If you want tanks that drive on water or that can fly, play WoWP or WoWS.  Both are quite fun and have their own pros and cons.

I think you missed the point of this thread.  It wasn't an invite for you to argue your subject point of view with various responders to the thread.  It's a venue for you to share your opinion regarding, "The core problem of world of tanks."  :)

MacDaddyMatty #6 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 29632 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Bring back tournaments is not an option.

Bundespanzervolk #7 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32082 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

View PostArtofTanks, on Dec 01 2017 - 11:06, said:

I'd recommend that you ask some more experienced players for some help maybe platooning or training.  When you are playing at such a poor level as you are (and I don't mean to insult), I just don't see how much fun you can have.

Clearly he should throw himself before your God like altar and pray for your brilliance to enlighten him?  ;)

TheHQ #8 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:27

Captain

• Players
  • 38422 battles
  • [CATTO] CATTO

tbh the 5min battle length is just a pain. The shorter the length of battle, the higher a chance that it was a steamroll. Id like so see anyone find a replay in which the final scores were 14-15 that has a game length of 5mins or less. If WG wants balanced, rewarding games then it needs to increase the average length of a game back to 7-8 minutes.

Theres a lot of prem tanks that need to be rebalanced, most of the newer ones are on par or near on par with the BEST tanks at the tier. Meanwhile we have tanks like the Matilda IV and T14 that have been virtually untouched since their introduction and have long fallen out of meta.

matchmaking is another can of worms. Most of the time you are put as bottom tier and by design. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that the 3-5-7 and 5-10 team compositions will leave players at the bottom tier most of the time. Having the outcome of a battle decided by the few top tier tanks is not something most people want. Also doesnt help that most maps are designed to funnel people into designated fighting areas where you are guaranteed to meet these tanks and leaving few options to flank. 

but thats just my 2 cents

ArtofTanks #9 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14113 battles

View PostBundespanzervolk, on Dec 01 2017 - 14:25, said:

Clearly he should throw himself before your God like altar and pray for your brilliance to enlighten him?  ;)

Maybe you should pray to the God of reading for some comprehension, I didn't say ask me, I said some more experienced members.  I'm not very good either but if I was at his level, I would have quit long ago.

Tilith_10IQ #10 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27634 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

what does world of tanks need right now? pick 2

Where is the More maps and bring back old maps options?

Tilith_10IQ #11 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27634 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View Postlandedkiller, on Dec 01 2017 - 19:48, said:

In world of warships, it costs 20 million for a tier 10, not 6.

xrays_ #12 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:38

Major

• Players
  • 50647 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View Postlandedkiller, on Dec 01 2017 - 13:48, said:

...another problem those overpowered tanks like Object 252 and Liberte... yes of course they are op, but what is the point? It just get's boring being the op tank...

R U SYRUS???

Wow, that gave me a chuckle. Thanks.

x.

Bundespanzervolk #13 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32082 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

1)  Rebalance, or dismiss RNG.  It's eliminating individual player skill and making this George Orwell's Utopia - 1984 World of Tanks.......(That will go over many of your heads)

2)  MM is ever so fickle, still.  Seemingly teams may have vehicle balance, but engaged players with experience and effort are still having too many 15-0 wins because the other side is loaded with noobs/bots/cavalier players.

3)  That pesky camera angle thing that is driving folks nuts when transitioning from sniper to open view

4)  NA server, same as it ever was, same as it ever was -Talking Heads.  The East and West server configuration over this current Chicago based NA server provided superior performance.  WG promised to work with their "Partners" to ensure optimal & improved over the "old" server performance.  That doesn't seem to be happening at a consistent and/or universal basis.

5)  Good point by ArtofTanks above; more in-game cash rewards are needed.  WOT was fat with players when FTP individuals could self-fund in-game because of decent rewards.  General player population went down significantly when investment vs. return was tweaked to lower levels of return by management.

6)  Someone griped about Premium tanks being OP.  Several models are often so nerfed they are good for cash cows, but horrific during game play, even with top notch crews.  A rebalance is in order for may vehicles.  A premium STUG that fires @ a significantly slower rate than the "stock" counterpart.....PZKFW IV's with similar issues?

7)  The game's kinetic energy and mechanical model is flawed.  Real life vehicles with mechanical fuel pumps don't stall (engine stops running) on a slight hill; slow moving tanks don't go skidding about on dirt heavy friction coefficient surfaces when the gas is no longer engaged, they do that on ice, but not in this game...

8/9/10) TBD   

Darkbee2Bee #14 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:48

Major

• Players
  • 33890 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

The core of the problem is not listening to their player base.  I understand that in fact, the customer is not always right (contrary to popular belief), and they cannot cater to every single whim and flavor of the week.  However, they keeping putting in stuff that very few people (if anybody) complained about, nor asked for.  Then on top of that, when something is implemented it's half-assed or bugged.  That really takes the sheen off of anything new and doesn't inspire confidence in the developers or the direction of the game.

The other problem is the tail-chasing game they play releasing tank after tank after tank, balancing, re-balancing, dropping, adding, re-balancing.  Stahp already!  I get that more is more, and people might not ever have their favorite tank in the game but it's frustrating that they bring OP tanks, which then messes with the whole balance so they start messing with other tanks, which knocks other tanks out of balance.  It's like Domino Rally, only not quite as fun.  I don't think this will ever change though because this is part and parcel of generating income.

With all that said (and no mention of arty, MM or maps surely the big three in terms of complaints), I still enjoy the game.  I think overall they have done a pretty good job and they're still going after 7 years so they've obviously done some things right.  I have no reason to see that the game itself won't be around for a good few years to come (despite the naysayers), even if the NA server may well become a victim of player retention (or lack thereof).  So, I'm mostly happy with a desire for a tad more responsiveness from the development team (and maybe a tad more quality control too!).

Bundespanzervolk #15 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32082 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

View PostArtofTanks, on Dec 01 2017 - 11:28, said:

Maybe you should pray to the God of reading for some comprehension, I didn't say ask me, I said some more experienced members.  I'm not very good either but if I was at his level, I would have quit long ago.

​Nah, I totally read you loud and clear when you in essence called him a garbage player.  48% in this game is nothing to scoff at IMO.  I'd take you and he on a pug team any day of the week.  :)

Edited by Bundespanzervolk, Dec 01 2017 - 20:51.

dnaman #16 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 20:52

Captain

• Players
  • 31408 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostBundespanzervolk, on Dec 01 2017 - 12:25, said:

You sir, are an [edited].  The critique he tried to give politely is a reasonable one.  Find some better players and learn from them.  His wn8 is below 400.  Some help would probably make the game more fun.  I know my dad struggled mightily at first.  He’s getting better and having more consistent games.  That’s not being rude, it’s called constructive criticism and I personally look for it from players better than me so I can learn.

Bundespanzervolk #17 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32082 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

View Postdnaman, on Dec 01 2017 - 11:52, said:

You sir, are an [edited].  The critique he tried to give politely is a reasonable one.  Find some better players and learn from them.  His wn8 is below 400.  Some help would probably make the game more fun.  I know my dad struggled mightily at first.  He’s getting better and having more consistent games.  That’s not being rude, it’s called constructive criticism and I personally look for it from players better than me so I can learn.

​The player in question 's win rate is 48.31%, less than 2% behind yours.  So full of yourselves it's stunning?  He took apart the observations shared by that same player one at a time.  That's not the intent of this thread, clearly.  But yes, good points on platooning with other players of superior skill (maybe vehicles) would be beneficial and that was a nice point.  Bye  ;)

ArtofTanks #18 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14113 battles

View PostBundespanzervolk, on Dec 01 2017 - 15:20, said:

​The player in question 's win rate is 48.31%, less than 2% behind yours.  So full of yourselves it's stunning?  He took apart the observations shared by that same player one at a time.  That's not the intent of this thread, clearly.  But yes, good points on platooning with other players of superior skill (maybe vehicles) would be beneficial and that was a nice point.  Bye  ;)

48%?  Your ability to read is worse than I thought.  Here's a link so you don't get lost and embarrass yourself again  http://wotlabs.net/na/player/landedkiller 

Edited by ArtofTanks, Dec 01 2017 - 21:42.

landedkiller #19 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 22:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8566 battles

View PostArtofTanks, on Dec 01 2017 - 14:42, said:

48%?  Your ability to read is worse than I thought.  Here's a link so you don't get lost and embarrass yourself again  http://wotlabs.net/na/player/landedkiller 

This thread wasn't about my stats it was about discussing constructive solutions to the problems in this game. I don't care about my win rate or my stats that is irrelevant to this discussion. This discussion is about bringing players together to discuss the common problems of wot in it's current form. If your a warthunder employee then your not welcome in this discussion and I know what warthunder has been up to and I am sick of them sending their people in here to disrupt constructive discussions. I wrote this to bring people together please respect that and leave if you have nothing constructive to say.

Tolos #20 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 22:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Postlandedkiller, on Dec 01 2017 - 21:45, said:

This thread wasn't about my stats it was about discussing constructive solutions to the problems in this game. I don't care about my win rate or my stats that is irrelevant to this discussion. This discussion is about bringing players together to discuss the common problems of wot in it's current form. If your a warthunder employee then your not welcome in this discussion and I know what warthunder has been up to and I am sick of them sending their people in here to disrupt constructive discussions. I wrote this to bring people together please respect that and leave if you have nothing constructive to say.

But being better at the game addresses about 5 of your points. Also he wasnt being mean or acring like a jerk, he was politely saying maybe you should ask for help from a good player to help with your enjoyment or progression in the game.

Christ even when people are nice they get jumped on now. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users