Jump to content


New Staff: Pollothedestroyer


75 replies to this topic

ApolloMissy51511 #21 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:03

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 3548 battles
  • 1,379
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View Postheavymetal1967, on Dec 01 2017 - 11:42, said:

What kind of music do you like?

Lately I have gotten back into Portugal. The Man and Manchester Orchestra. Prior to that I had Kendrick Lamar on repeat. My musical taste varies depending on the way the day goes. 

 

 

View Postxrays_, on Dec 01 2017 - 11:45, said:

 

But can you at least promise to actually answer questions in a timely fashion, because nobody has done that. Take, for example, the now infamous "Marathon Day 19", where there were so many forum threads asking for clarification, and simply voicing complaints, yet it took over 24 hours (past the deadline of the actual daily mission) before anyone official actually responded. This is unacceptable in a live, dynamic, daily online gaming platform, and made so many people upset. It wasn't even the failure on WG's part to get things right the first time, it was the fact that nobody responded to the hordes of people asking questions.

 

IMO, this is one of the biggest downfalls of the game right now; staff either isn't willing to address the public regarding problems, or isn't allowed to. If it's the former, then they should be replaced with people willing to do the job correctly. If it's the latter, then we should simply stop pretending WarGaming is worth spending money on.

 

x.

If an issue arises I will escalate it asap and we will try to get a response out the best we can. There are a lot of moving parts when something goes wrong and getting the correct information is of the utmost importance, 

 

View PostDockmaster, on Dec 01 2017 - 11:51, said:

 

At least you answered me. Things "might" be looking up around here.

 

As a past Community Manager and forum monitor of an online combat flight simulator I wish you luck. (You're going to need it)

Thanks for the luck! 

 

View PostVipsanius, on Dec 01 2017 - 11:53, said:

Do you have a brother and is his name Gustavo?

 

Also, please tell me you catch the Los Pollos Hermanos reference, or this will make no sense.  

This is a legit operation!



Bouncing_Coffee_Bean #22 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:07

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4705 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014
Do you have some Balls or are you another mushroom?

TsarCidron #23 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 6596 battles
  • 7,578
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
  • Member since:
    03-16-2012
Are we going to see stuff that is geared for the tanks that are under tier X?   Tournaments, Clanwars, events?  (and I dont mean the weekly/daily stuff.  I mean permanent features kind of stuff) .   Grinding grinding grinding is all that tiers I - IX have.  Its tedious, its boring, its... ugh.   Tournaments (for gold !  Yes, Gold!!) and Clanwars (tiers VI and VIII) were very nice alternatives to the endless, sometimes painful grinds.

TheGerm68 #24 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:13

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 23588 battles
  • 34
  • [FATE] FATE
  • Member since:
    01-24-2015

Welcome!

 

There are two changes that have been made over the last year that I really feel have had a negative impact on the NA server. One is the discontinuation of Tournaments. Particularly the Weekday warfare and similar tourneys that gave players a good chance to win some gold, even if they were not unicum level players. The other is the discontinuation of frequent discounts. A couple of years ago you guys would have some kind of discount incentive every weekend. This year, we went months without an equipment discount, months without a consumables sale.  

Those two things seem like easy fixes to me. I don't expect you to fix the lack of maps or the MM issues :)

 

Thanks and welcome again!



Bouncing_Coffee_Bean #25 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:24

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4705 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014

I personally feel WG is only interested in selling new premuim TANKS  to the player base

and dosent care about the game anymore



heavymetal1967 #26 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 63057 battles
  • 16,313
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
 
 

View PostPollotheDestroyer, on Dec 01 2017 - 16:03, said:

Lately I have gotten back into Portugal. The Man and Manchester Orchestra. Prior to that I had Kendrick Lamar on repeat. My musical taste varies depending on the way the day goes. 

 

--snip--

 

Shameless excuse to post music alert. :P

 

Not my usual fare but I'm familiar with all of them, not as much with Kendrick Lamar though.  And ditto to taste depends on mood,etc...

 

 

 

A couple in the same vein/genre suited to my "vintage" for lack of a better term.

 

Album title taken from the movie which featured three songs by Badfinger off that album although it wasn't the original movie soundtrack.

 

Great band whose run ended too early because of tragic events.  

 

 

Yes folks its Black Sabbath, it's Acoustic Rock (of sorts) and it's Bill Flippin' Ward on vocals.

 

 


AndrewSledge #27 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:46

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 29408 battles
  • 1,501
  • Member since:
    04-14-2014
Welcome! Warning: We will break you! :amazed::unsure:

Isola_di_Fano #28 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 20922 battles
  • 3,212
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012
Eh !

LeaveIT2Beaver #29 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 21:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 29466 battles
  • 8,041
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
Where do stars come from?

Gunadie #30 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 22:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 39555 battles
  • 4,358
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011
Do you have any skills in map design because this company lacks employees who know how to construct maps!!

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #31 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 22:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 2143 battles
  • 3,983
  • [DEMON] DEMON
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012
Yo, if you're the guy that's going to be bringing back tournaments you're gonna be my best friend...

ApolloMissy51511 #32 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 22:34

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 3548 battles
  • 1,379
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012
 

 

View PostTsarCidron, on Dec 01 2017 - 12:12, said:

Are we going to see stuff that is geared for the tanks that are under tier X?   Tournaments, Clanwars, events?  (and I dont mean the weekly/daily stuff.  I mean permanent features kind of stuff) .   Grinding grinding grinding is all that tiers I - IX have.  Its tedious, its boring, its... ugh.   Tournaments (for gold !  Yes, Gold!!) and Clanwars (tiers VI and VIII) were very nice alternatives to the endless, sometimes painful grinds.

It would be something that has to be discussed, I sadly do not have any info to give for future plans at this moment. 

 

View PostTheGerm68, on Dec 01 2017 - 12:13, said:

Welcome!

 

There are two changes that have been made over the last year that I really feel have had a negative impact on the NA server. One is the discontinuation of Tournaments. Particularly the Weekday warfare and similar tourneys that gave players a good chance to win some gold, even if they were not unicum level players. The other is the discontinuation of frequent discounts. A couple of years ago you guys would have some kind of discount incentive every weekend. This year, we went months without an equipment discount, months without a consumables sale.  

Those two things seem like easy fixes to me. I don't expect you to fix the lack of maps or the MM issues :)

 

Thanks and welcome again!

Thanks for the feedback! It is a conversation starter that can be used to see if there is anything that can change in the future. 

 

View PostAndrewSledge, on Dec 01 2017 - 12:46, said:

Welcome! Warning: We will break you! :amazed::unsure:

 

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Dec 01 2017 - 12:49, said:

Eh !

Ey!

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Dec 01 2017 - 12:51, said:

Where do stars come from?

Well Stars are suns that are light years away from us. The light you see in the night sky could be older than our planet. 



ApolloMissy51511 #33 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 22:36

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 3548 battles
  • 1,379
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View PostGunadie, on Dec 01 2017 - 13:21, said:

Do you have any skills in map design because this company lacks employees who know how to construct maps!!

My skills are more in the form of failed attempts at being a comedian and telling bad jokes. Sometimes going valley in a heavy tank and winning the match. 

 

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Dec 01 2017 - 13:28, said:

Yo, if you're the guy that's going to be bringing back tournaments you're gonna be my best friend...

Best thing I can do is open a dialogue. 



__WarChild__ #34 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 22:39

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 15336 battles
  • 2,014
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

Welcome to the WoT Forums.  I hope you have a good experience here.  A few words of advice: be honest with us, don't apologize for WG home office decisions, see if you can help someone in NA proofread the WG posts BEFORE they get posted here - for grammar and accuracy, have a thick skin, and take everything said here with a grain of salt (just a grain or the saltiness can kill you).

 

BEST OF LUCK in your future here!

 

:great:

 

WinningWithWarchild

 

PS - Wargaming NA never awarded the Super WarChest for the winner of WotWeekly #24.  So, when you see me say "#RIPWOTWEEKLY24" - that's what I'm referring to.  ;)


Edited by WinningWithWarchild, Dec 01 2017 - 22:39.


CamiloCienfuegos #35 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 22:39

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 54474 battles
  • 677
  • Member since:
    02-22-2013

That you go well with this new task. :great:

 

My question :
Do you know someone who speaks Spanish and he would like to moderate in that forum?

 

If so, we missed an administrator for about two years.
It will be very welcome 

 


Edited by CamiloCienfuegos, Dec 01 2017 - 22:42.


HowitzerBlitzer #36 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 22:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 14994 battles
  • 7,790
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013
Hopefully they could bring back in-game general chat moderation along with tournaments...

ApolloMissy51511 #37 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 23:04

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 3548 battles
  • 1,379
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View PostWinningWithWarchild, on Dec 01 2017 - 13:39, said:

Welcome to the WoT Forums.  I hope you have a good experience here.  A few words of advice: be honest with us, don't apologize for WG home office decisions, see if you can help someone in NA proofread the WG posts BEFORE they get posted here - for grammar and accuracy, have a thick skin, and take everything said here with a grain of salt (just a grain or the saltiness can kill you).

 

BEST OF LUCK in your future here!

 

:great:

 

WinningWithWarchild

 

PS - Wargaming NA never awarded the Super WarChest for the winner of WotWeekly #24.  So, when you see me say "#RIPWOTWEEKLY24" - that's what I'm referring to.  ;)

First half of your post is noted! But not sure about your PS. I would have to ask about that. 

 

View PostCamiloCienfuegos, on Dec 01 2017 - 13:39, said:

That you go well with this new task. :great:

 

My question :
Do you know someone who speaks Spanish and he would like to moderate in that forum?

 

If so, we missed an administrator for about two years.
It will be very welcome 

 

Hola! The Spanish forums should have a moderator and a community team now. 

 

 

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Dec 01 2017 - 13:52, said:

Hopefully they could bring back in-game general chat moderation along with tournaments...

Noted but that's all I can really say. 



AndrewSledge #38 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 23:35

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 29408 battles
  • 1,501
  • Member since:
    04-14-2014

One other thing you could look into...the October Tankrewards was supposed to have additional prizes for the staff's favorite player houses. As far as I know, that hasn't been done.

Link: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/556132-tank-hollow-haunted-house-contest/



Termitey #39 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 23:37

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 88969 battles
  • 630
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z
  • Member since:
    06-29-2012

Seems you only answer questions you want to answer just like WG

Nothing to see here move along



ApolloMissy51511 #40 Posted Dec 01 2017 - 23:42

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 3548 battles
  • 1,379
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View PostAndrewSledge, on Dec 01 2017 - 14:35, said:

One other thing you could look into...the October Tankrewards was supposed to have additional prizes for the staff's favorite player houses. As far as I know, that hasn't been done.

Link: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/556132-tank-hollow-haunted-house-contest/

I would have to ask Cabbage about this. 

View PostTermitey, on Dec 01 2017 - 14:37, said:

Seems you only answer questions you want to answer just like WG

Nothing to see here move along

 

Did I miss your question? 



Reply to this topic



  
For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.


2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users