Punish players that drown themselves

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Slim_Shadee #41 Posted Dec 02 2017 - 23:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6268 battles

View PostThe_Diadect, on Dec 02 2017 - 20:44, said:

well explain to me, why else would an artillery piece, for example, drown themselves when their team is losing. What else, apart from cowardice, would drive them to do that, instead of setting up an ambush and doing one last shot of damage?

Despite the obvious answers to this I will give you two simple ones: Deny the opposition a medal for killing two arty or deny the opposition the XP/Credits for another kill. Placing it on someones courage to sit and get killed in a freaking game is simply emo over the top. I hear that crap all the time in game when people do not understand why someone moved back ( according to them ran) to re-position themselves to live and rather than stay an die useless in a act of lol "courage". I hear other idiots call out the coward crap when they see a tin can armor TD not advancing to enter the junk yard of stupid players already dead in that location.

No one is a coward in a stupid pixel game where you lose nothing but XP/credits if you die. Here a simple tip you re-spawn in your garage good as new.

Slim_Shadee #42 Posted Dec 02 2017 - 23:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6268 battles

View PostJOSEPHINEISH, on Dec 02 2017 - 21:27, said:

Its not cowardly i suppose but definitely selfish.

Possibly but does any player owe the match/game/other players anything in a Pub match? There is no teams in this game its groups of players for 15 minutes at best of play together. Then you possibly wont see any of those same people again for months maybe even a year. You want responsible unselfish team play its in Clans not Pubs.

the_dude_76 #43 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 00:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30457 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostShortcult, on Dec 02 2017 - 22:33, said:

Or, your incapable of thinking it through.  Sorry I didn't include the example for the truly slow learners.  El Haluf, 3 Torts in platoon on enemy team, me in an M40/M43.  Went swimming.

In your case, grow the EFF up.

LOL!!! Am I actually supposed to take you seriously?? Once in a million games you can't sit there for an extra minute?? And your excuse was equally laughable. PR's always expire before the last match is over so the odds that the one extra minute you'd have to sit there would prevent you from jumping into one least battle are almost as bad. 

Oh, and you forgot to explain why running towards them and giving them the kill wouldn't be an option. They won the match, they deserve the credits and exp that they earned. And telling everyone else to grow up isn't fooling anyone into thinking that you're not the child....

Edited by the_dude_76, Dec 03 2017 - 00:11.

the_dude_76 #44 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 00:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30457 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostSlim_Shadee, on Dec 02 2017 - 22:38, said:

Possibly but does any player owe the match/game/other players anything in a Pub match? There is no teams in this game its groups of players for 15 minutes at best of play together. Then you possibly wont see any of those same people again for months maybe even a year. You want responsible unselfish team play its in Clans not Pubs.

They jumped off the bridge so I'm going to jump also... You do understand that this is the argument that you're making right???

Sorry that you never see any cooperation or teamwork in pub games. It may not be common but I suspect your attitude has something to do with why it never happens to you. Sometimes you've got to give before you can take.

scHnuuudle_bop #45 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 00:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13203 battles

accidents happen, but purposeful drowning i also hate, but never really understood anyway. Ya die , ya still pay for repairs. 

On purpose , is considered abuse of game physics. A replay with a complaint may work.

Rush_91 #46 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 01:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7625 battles
  • [TDF1] TDF1

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 02 2017 - 21:53, said:

You do understand that this is the EXACT thought process of the people who intentionally drown themselves right??? "waaaa, I can't win so I'm just going to throw a tantrum and quit, waaaa"

It very rarely ever prevents me from getting that last kill but that doesn't prevent me from understanding that the person who did it is a spoiled brat. Can't help but wonder why you'd defend spoiled brats....

I've never purposely drowned myself but I've also never done more than laugh when an enemy does. I mean I can see why they do it. 5 to 1 in arty they're dead either way. If they want to end the game faster I'm fine with that it frees my tank up quicker. Don't see the point in getting worked up over it.

Xeraux #47 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 02:00

Major

• Players
  • 19495 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK

View PostJackson120, on Dec 02 2017 - 13:55, said:

*unrelated topic incoming* Idk if you remember this but a couple days ago on prok you were in your amx 50 120 on the south side of the hill and i was in my amx 13 105 on the north side. I noticed that you were reloading and I had about 10 seconds left on mine. apparently i miscalculated because I ended up dying .5 seconds before finishing you off because your reload finished up right before i had put my 3rd shot into you....the frustration from my idiocy in that moment made me want to snap my keyboard in half....

I do remember that, yeah. My team was terrible and I managed to farm a not terrible game.

The 50 120 has a deceptively short load time, coming off of the 50 100. Mine's around 32.5 iirc. My platoonmate was verbally surprised at my snapping kills.

I've done similar things, don't worry about it, you were really close to making it work. And you'd already won the game anyways.

MillenialSnowflake #48 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 02:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 34 battles

I would drown myself JUST TO PISS THEM OFF SO THEY CANT HAVE THE DAMAGE.

Too much arty bashing and TD bashing from what I'm reading. My limited experience has been that way too many players are boosting their STATS by playing at tiers well below their skill levels.

When you are new to the game with 27 battles and a PR of 535 and you end up in a match fighting three guys with PR's of 6933, 5555, and 4418 who of course account for 10 of the 15 kills on their team in under three minutes, I think its very appropriate to NOT LET THEM FARM EASY DAMAGE to boost their stats. If game play was ACTUALLY BALANCED then I could see their crying as being legit, but not the way it is right now. You got it too easy as it is hero. Short answer.....I would like to have some fun now and again too instead of being CANNON FODDER EVERY SINGLE MATCH FOR PLAYERS IN SUPERIOR TANKS TWO TIERS HIGHER THAN ME IN MY BEGINNERS TIER 3 light tank that gets one shot as soon as I try to move 1 inch.

Balance the game then cry to me about people denying you easy damage.

Edited by MillenialSnowflake, Dec 03 2017 - 02:15.

nuclearguy931 #49 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 70571 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

If I'm that last one standing on my team, I've fired my shell, got a 40 second reload and there is no chance for the win, well then yeah, I'm going for a swim.

Why should I allow an enemy tank to farm damage, XP and credits from me? 

However, if a player decides to do that at the start of the game then I believe there should be a different penalty for team griefing.

TheGipper22 #50 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 04:55

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24104 battles

how often does this happen for you?

Can you really get rattled and upset enough by something that happens once every 10 battles at most for me .. and .. more often than not an arty  less than 1/15th of potential damage you could earn credits from ? 

... you must get offended all day long out in the world ... 

4EVRDI4U #51 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 05:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 56808 battles
  • [F-3] F-3
I personally don't think that it happens often enough to warrant your formula, or put forth any time or effort into actually implementing one. I say that however after just today having two tier X medium tank teammates drown themselves in less than 30 seconds in the pond on Malinovka. And no, they weren't platooned together and do not need to be clear about the result of that battle.  I was in arty pre-aiming the enemy so I didn't get a chance to witness it, only the subsequent "drowned themselves" messages which followed. Still a rare enough occurrence though, at least in my 56500 battles.

Drakenred #52 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 05:06

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles

View PostThe_Diadect, on Dec 02 2017 - 14:39, said:

those were just my numbers, they dont actually have to be THAT harsh

You posted them. So yes you ment them to be that harsh.

I do know they originally mentioned rewarding the currently live team with a free damage reward spread over the team, then an argument broke out about medals and SerB started ROing everyone (including himself)

ArmorStorm #53 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 07:08

Major

• Players
  • 33014 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostDUKE_AUTY, on Dec 02 2017 - 14:39, said:

"must be punished"

Sure, give more players a reason to quit.

You must be a middle school vice principle. 

Oh, I think he is IN middle school and not on the faculty. 

the_dude_76 #54 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 17:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30457 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postnuclearguy931, on Dec 03 2017 - 01:25, said:

If I'm that last one standing on my team, I've fired my shell, got a 40 second reload and there is no chance for the win, well then yeah, I'm going for a swim.

Why should I allow an enemy tank to farm damage, XP and credits from me? 

However, if a player decides to do that at the start of the game then I believe there should be a different penalty for team griefing.

So you'd sacrifice crew training to deny something that another player in this game essentially earned??

Or do you guys even realize that crew members who are dead at the end of the battle earn less exp??

Sgt__Guffy #55 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 17:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1857 battles

View PostThe_Diadect, on Dec 02 2017 - 14:21, said:

Is'nt everyone sick of scumbags drowning themselves to avoid fighting?

EDIT : the numbers i propose are merely an example. I'm not suggesting x20 is optimal, but some form of punishment is to be set in place. I just made up some multipliers to set up numerical examples.

A very simple solution :

OPTION 1:

- If a player dies by drowning, they gain no revenue from the match, and they pay x20 their normal expense cost, and gain no xp for that game

ex - a player, at the end of the battle, should have received 30,000 credits, with 20,000 repair/resupply costs, and 850 xp, for a net total of 10,000 credits profit and 850 xp; However, because this player drowned themselves, they receive 0 credits, with 20000(x20)= 400,000 repair/resupply cost, for a total of -400,000 net loss and 0 xp. (again, please take these numbers as a numerical example, not what exactly should be dont)

OPTION 2:

- if a player dies by drowning, the receive -50% credits and xp for the next 10 games.

ex - a player, at the end of the battle, should have received 30,000 credits, with 20,000 repair/resupply costs, and 850 xp, for a net total of 10,000 credits profit and 850 xp; However, because the player drowned themselves 4 games ago, he only receives 15,000 credits, with 20,000 repair/resupply costs, and 425 xp, for a net total of -10,000 credits and 425 xp.

questions you may have :

Q - what if someone drowns by "accident"?

A - that person is an idiot for even getting themselves into a situation like that, and therefor must be punished accordingly so they avoid getting into the same situation.

Q - what if someone on my team pushes me and drown me?

A - pretty sure the TK system picks up on that from last time I saw

Q - why is such a system needed?

A - 1 - to prevent desertion of teammates and 2 - to stop active denial of certain achievements that an enemy player might have gained if the drowning player fought fairly

Q - What if a  TK'er pushes me and drowns me?

A - an additional system should be put in, where if a friendly tank is in contact with you, they are responsible for an enviornmental damage you receive for x seconds

tl;dr : drowning vehicles are a result of either cowardice, idiocy, or both. Either way, it must be punished

Clearly a player that has not negotiated the narrow ledges on the Windstorm map! You cannot penalize players for accidents!

nuclearguy931 #56 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 17:29

Major

• Players
  • 70571 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 03 2017 - 10:14, said:

So you'd sacrifice crew training to deny something that another player in this game essentially earned??

Or do you guys even realize that crew members who are dead at the end of the battle earn less exp??

The loss of what I would have earned is minimal. Why should I allow the other team to freely farm or earn a medal at my expense?

Yosemite__Sammy #57 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 17:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 1472 battles

View PostThe_Wehraboo, on Dec 02 2017 - 15:38, said:

I'd be so far in the negative it wouldn't even be funny...

HA!

gideonan #58 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 18:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12628 battles
  • [MAWG] MAWG
Aren't they already punished by being on that team in the first place?

Seriously there are enough ways to grief we don't need more. Watch Claus Kellerman's Biggest A Holes videos and you will see how little the automatic system works.

SturmEnte #59 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 19:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27082 battles

Is it really so hard to distinguish between an accident and purpose? You get one free dumb moment per 24 hour period after that any subsequent dumb moment starts the penalty, whatever it is.

If you're losing your tank to water and/or self-inflicted HE damage accidentally more than once a day then consider it motivation to learn not to.

NeatoMan #60 Posted Dec 03 2017 - 23:56

Major

• Players
  • 24586 battles

View PostThe_Diadect, on Dec 02 2017 - 15:44, said:

well explain to me, why else would an artillery piece, for example, drown themselves when their team is losing. What else, apart from cowardice, would drive them to do that, instead of setting up an ambush and doing one last shot of damage?

Take your win and move on.  Nobody owes anybody else a kill

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users