Window 10 v1709 - WoT Fails to run

Windows

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

brunoloc #41 Posted Dec 27 2017 - 15:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 7860 battles

Had the same problem and fixed it after installing the latest nvidia driver available, which was released 7 days ago.

Look for the latest driver available directly on the manufacturer website, not through Windows.

Edited by brunoloc, Dec 27 2017 - 15:44.

lewellan222 #42 Posted Dec 28 2017 - 13:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 1151 battles

Same issue here. Even tried the rollback option and the game still gives me "World of Tanks has stopped working" once the "Updating the Garage" is displayed.

Tried all the things you guys did: update drivers, no mods, reinstall, integrity check, rollback Windows 10, be sure DirectX 9 is available, blah blah.

WORLD OF TANKS WILL REMAIN UNPLAYABLE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE UNTIL THE DEVS ADDRESS THIS.

Note, I just got two new computers this week, both are Alienware gaming rigs with Intel i7-8700 CPUs and GeForce GTX 10180 cards, all updated, and WoT still crashes on "Updating the Garage..." which makes me think it's the 3D models that are catching it (the sound and background of the garage load, but no vehicle models).

World of Warplanes and World of Warships work fine.

Guess I'll be playing War Thunder again. The realistic mode is better anyway. No more fighting alongside Russians.

Edited by lewellan222, Dec 28 2017 - 15:47.

mtdyson #43 Posted Dec 28 2017 - 17:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Posttimelabor, on Dec 03 2017 - 03:21, said:

on 11-29-17 there was a push for Windows 10 to version 1709 -- this included several items --

With the patch installed the game fails to start with the simple message (from Microsoft) "World of tanks has stopped working" -- this is after I get to the client interface and hit "PLAY" - so prior to logging in.  What I have tried:
​1. Run the in game integrity check

2. Run the game in safe more

3. Run the game with SD Graphics

4. Deleted all game folders and reloaded the game

None of that worked -- always had the same error.

What did work was rolling back my version of Windows -- then the game runs as always.

Have asked some friends if they've seen any issues since the patch -- they have not.

Tried the patch (1709 update) again today -- same result -- it broke the game.

My system is a Lenovo Lap top with intel processor (I7), Nvidia GTX mobile chip, all the drivers are up to date... so nothing exotic (as far as I know) in my system.

Anyone else seeing this problem (I did not see anything in the forum, but who knows)

Same Problem I assume since I just downloaded the game and I would guess I received the same updated version as you.

d3dx9_43.dll was not installed. I have removed the software and reloaded but still the same error. 

Edit: I probably fixed it by updating my Dirext X

Edited by mtdyson, Dec 28 2017 - 17:56.

Silver6284 #44 Posted Dec 28 2017 - 23:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25952 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE

View Postspeed331, on Dec 18 2017 - 20:08, said:

Just found a fix on the EU Forum that worked for me:

game loaded straight away...

There were some other fixes in this thread that had to do with settings in the Microsoft game setting for those not using Nvidia cards...

Here's the link to the thread.

This worked for me, too. If you're using an Nvidia graphics card it's worth a look.

lewellan222 #45 Posted Dec 29 2017 - 05:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 1151 battles

View PostSilver6284, on Dec 28 2017 - 23:56, said:

This worked for me, too. If you're using an Nvidia graphics card it's worth a look.

That thread is a mess! People are talking about five different things, one guy is posting in French, and the most useful "hint" mentions a setting that doesn't exist! I didn't find ANYTHING useful there.

_Major_Dylan_ #46 Posted Dec 29 2017 - 13:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
yes ones I played the game fails to run and I got hight connection I hope wot can fix this fast as possible or their company will get down

Silver6284 #47 Posted Dec 29 2017 - 13:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25952 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE

View Postlewellan222, on Dec 28 2017 - 23:08, said:

That thread is a mess! People are talking about five different things, one guy is posting in French, and the most useful "hint" mentions a setting that doesn't exist! I didn't find ANYTHING useful there.

OK, here it is in a nutshell:  Go into the Nvidia control panel. There is an option to override system settings for screen size etc. Look for "Adjust desktop size and position" under the Display options in the left panel. From there, select "Full-screen" and "Override scaling mode set by games and programs". I've attached a picture with red arrows added to point out the important bits.

nvidia-cp.png

lewellan222 #48 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 17:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 1151 battles

View PostSilver6284, on Dec 29 2017 - 13:34, said:

OK, here it is in a nutshell:  Go into the Nvidia control panel. There is an option to override system settings for screen size etc. Look for "Adjust desktop size and position" under the Display options in the left panel. From there, select "Full-screen" and "Override scaling mode set by games and programs". I've attached a picture with red arrows added to point out the important bits.

nvidia-cp.png

Thanks for the clarification, but this did NOT correct the problem for me.

I have had a ticket open with the devs for six days now, and have done extensive tests and reports, and they believe the problem of the game crashing upon loading the garage has to do with lost packets. 

This is incredible to me, and I have the fastest fiber optic cabled connection available and have never had connection/data problems before. 

There is a lot of talk among users about the problem being a Direct X, sound driver, graphics driver, Windows 10 update, etc, but the devs don't seem to be focusing there. Who knows.

Robertkart41 #49 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 14:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 127 battles

Hi!

I have a crash after I updated my AMD R5 M335 graphics driver. The game is just crashing on startup. Can someone help me?

When crashing appears this: World of tanks has stopped working

What can I do now?

Vlasovich #50 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 18:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 17237 battles
  • [CDJAG] CDJAG
B.S. How do I get rid of this stupid update that happened on the 3rd. I just got my new computer after having mine stolen. Got to play one day after three months and now I get this stupid win update error. Any fix?

StrachwitzPzGraf #51 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 16:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37096 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

ALL -- if you are still having this problem there's been a number of "fixes" posted on other threads -- they all seem to relate to how you've configured your screens both in game and in windows.  However, the simplest fix comes from the European forum:

For those who face this problem, go to options>compatibility settings of the launcher and check the "Disable Full screen optimization" box.

and there's this from the NA forum:

After many hours of the Googles and trying 147 "fixes", the only one that actually works is to play in WINDOWED or WINDOWED(borderless) mode.

My original posting was related to my laptop... which DOES have different settings for the windows mode.  So while I have not personally applied these screen setting changes (I am now using my desk top without issue) it does seem that they are the source of the problem.   Good luck!

Edited by timelabor, Jan 05 2018 - 16:49.

darkhorsey #52 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 06:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33478 battles
I had the same problem for a long time, random irritating crashes. Try running the game is safe mode. Where you press play, there's a little up arrow that lets you launch the game without mods. If it still crashes (which it did for me) then try this from another crash thread. This has worked very well for me. BTW, I have windows 10 v1709.

Hello NA,

I had the problem and tried everything.. I realized that if I forbid following to be started all my problems stopped: NVidia Capture Server Proxy and SS2UILauncher

In the Task manager - in the tab where you manage apps being started after the system start - forbid it and restart.

I hope this helps also to you.

Bye from EU.

Engine_95 #53 Posted Jan 07 2018 - 06:17

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 24685 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15

I've attempted every resolution listed in this thread:  the suggestions from the EU forum, driver updates, clean game install, Override high DPI setting, safe mode launch, etc.  With every effort the game crashes after WoTLauncher.exe closes and WorldOfTanks.exe starts but before I get to the login screen.  The Application Log always logs two events with every crash:  Event ID 1000 and Event ID 1001 both referencing a WorldOfTanks.exe APPCRASH.

Any other suggestions folks?

lewellan222 #54 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 00:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 1151 battles

View Posttimelabor, on Jan 05 2018 - 16:43, said:

For those who face this problem, go to options>compatibility settings of the launcher and check the "Disable Full screen optimization" box.

and there's this from the NA forum:

After many hours of the Googles and trying 147 "fixes", the only one that actually works is to play in WINDOWED or WINDOWED(borderless) mode.

There is no "options" setting in the wargaming.net game center that allows disabling full screen optimization. And I cannot set the game to windowed mode because the game is crashing on loading the garage, so I have no opportunity to change these settings before the game crashes.

I am now one week in with an open tickets, and after tons of tests, the devs are still barking up the " we think you have lost packets" tree. This is nonsense because I have installed the game on an OLD computer here at the house and the game loads fine. It's my TWO brand new gaming rigs that crash it, and always upon loading the garage.

Edited by lewellan222, Jan 08 2018 - 00:50.

darkhorsey #55 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 05:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33478 battles

View PostEngine_95, on Jan 06 2018 - 22:17, said:

I've attempted every resolution listed in this thread:  the suggestions from the EU forum, driver updates, clean game install, Override high DPI setting, safe mode launch, etc.  With every effort the game crashes after WoTLauncher.exe closes and WorldOfTanks.exe starts but before I get to the login screen.  The Application Log always logs two events with every crash:  Event ID 1000 and Event ID 1001 both referencing a WorldOfTanks.exe APPCRASH.

Any other suggestions folks?

I dunno....reformat and start over?  Pretty extreme....

ImaKillYou #56 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 07:39

Captain

• Players
  • 26955 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT

View Postlewellan222, on Jan 07 2018 - 16:49, said:

There is no "options" setting in the wargaming.net game center that allows disabling full screen optimization. And I cannot set the game to windowed mode because the game is crashing on loading the garage, so I have no opportunity to change these settings before the game crashes.

I am now one week in with an open tickets, and after tons of tests, the devs are still barking up the " we think you have lost packets" tree. This is nonsense because I have installed the game on an OLD computer here at the house and the game loads fine. It's my TWO brand new gaming rigs that crash it, and always upon loading the garage.

1. Roll back windows 10 to 1703  or 2. sign up for Windows Insider, get on preview build 17063.

P0PS #57 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 08:53

Private

• -Players-
  • 3106 battles

hi all - had my laptop die with the W10 update on Monday - OS reinstalled by tech shop - reloaded WOT and of course doesn't work.

Here's what I just did and it worked -

1. double click the game start icon to open the initial screen

2. Click on Support top right to open that area

3.  Click Add Game and Launcher to Windows Firewall Exceptions

4.  Also clicked on check and repair game integrity

after doing that I was able to open the game and log in as normal.

Try it and see if it works for you

PBleu #58 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 01:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 20238 battles
  • [ISWC] ISWC
Any solution so far?

StrachwitzPzGraf #59 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 03:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37096 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

ALL -- several threads on this now and multiple "solutions" posted... I say that in quotes because, until it works for you -- it's not a solution.

So do a search in the forums for "1709" -- that seems to snag a number of the treads with solutions.

There are some posted here in my original thread....

As of today -- My laptop was turned off since I returned from Australia -- turned it on yesterday:

1. Windows pushed 1709 onto my system again

2. NVidia had new drivers -- I loaded them let them install in "default" mode

3. WoT had newer versions -- so that got loaded as well

4. The mods I load from ASLAIN.COM had to be reloaded to work with the newer WoT version...

Rebooted...

Ran WoT -- and it worked... did not change any of the window size settings or anything else -- it just worked... so, as near as I can tell the fix for me was most likely the newest drivers from NVidia... since I had done items 1,3, and 4 multiple times while I was in Australia.

GL ALL!

Cinciosky #60 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 00:23

Private

• Players
  • 36575 battles

This just worked for me:

Copied from EU WoT post-

This seems to work for me:

Create a .bat file in game folder containing the following text and use it to start the game:

@echo off
start WorldOfTanks.exe -clientGraphicsAPI d3d9

Wondrous bytes and their mysterious ways.

Tanks to my son Spock for correcting my errors in logic!

U can create a .bat file in Notepad and save it as .bat

Also tagged with Windows

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users