Jump to content


Mini Model Monday #1


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

jackbatt04 #21 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 21:42

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4608 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    07-09-2014

View PostRulerOfPigs, on Dec 05 2017 - 01:52, said:

 

If you want to build tanks, Tamiya at 1/35 is a really good starting point.  They are easy to build and require very little clean up (no flash and hardly any seam lines)

 

sometimes the 1/35 model can be expensive but they are good, i want to get the nashorn, i also have the tiger 2, its very neat

riff_ #22 Posted Mar 28 2018 - 22:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 27744 battles
  • 10,120
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View Postjackbatt04, on Mar 28 2018 - 15:42, said:

 

sometimes the 1/35 model can be expensive but they are good, i want to get the nashorn, i also have the tiger 2, its very neat

 

Hello Jackbatt,

 

 

What I have found with SPG with open turrets is that the gun can go together a bit fiddly or a bit fiddly for me is a better to say it.  If you have good skills it may not be a problem for you.  Just trying to help.

The link is to a review on YouTube.  Check out some of the other vids to the right too.  Enjoy!

Riff



Strike_Witch_Tomoko #23 Posted Apr 16 2018 - 16:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,491
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

didn't make this. found the picture on Imgur.

 

but jeez.....

 

hey wargaming. i found your next tier 10 russian.    and damn...it would be popular

 



riff_ #24 Posted May 02 2018 - 23:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 27744 battles
  • 10,120
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

Dragon or Tamiya?



Lethalhavoc #25 Posted May 03 2018 - 02:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 38720 battles
  • 11,572
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013
It's a kit bash T-62/72 using a real crab.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, May 03 2018 - 02:32.


riff_ #26 Posted May 03 2018 - 19:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 27744 battles
  • 10,120
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

Make the a kit and eat it.  Win  Win :great:



 

Since it came up.  Kit received good reviews.  Great price.

 

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Military_Vehicles/t-90-russian-main-battle-tank/ZVE00003573/product.php?pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&kw=t90&man=ZVE



Lethalhavoc #27 Posted May 04 2018 - 00:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 38720 battles
  • 11,572
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View Postriff_, on May 03 2018 - 11:45, said:

Make the a kit and eat it.  Win  Win :great:



 

Since it came up.  Kit received good reviews.  Great price.

 

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Military_Vehicles/t-90-russian-main-battle-tank/ZVE00003573/product.php?pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&kw=t90&man=ZVE

 

Way too much.

https://www.ebay.ca/...CMAAOSwv-NWavDT

This guy is a great seller, i've boughten a ton of Zvezda from him.



riff_ #28 Posted May 04 2018 - 20:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 27744 battles
  • 10,120
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 03 2018 - 18:25, said:

 

Way too much.

https://www.ebay.ca/...CMAAOSwv-NWavDT

This guy is a great seller, i've boughten a ton of Zvezda from him.

 

Cool

Edit:

And after going to the link,  Holy crap Batman


Edited by riff_, May 04 2018 - 20:18.


Lethalhavoc #29 Posted May 05 2018 - 02:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 38720 battles
  • 11,572
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View Postriff_, on May 04 2018 - 12:11, said:

 

Cool

Edit:

And after going to the link,  Holy crap Batman

 

The sad thing is, that he just recently increased his prices by 20 to 50%.

Before he did that, that T90 was 18.99 US and everything else was so much cheaper, i was buying the T 34's for $17 the Tiger II's for $19.

As far as i can tell he ships straight from the factory, as everything i've ordered from him comes in a Zvezda shipping box.

 

Make sure if you order 2 or more models, to get combined shipping, it saves a fair bit.



riff_ #30 Posted May 05 2018 - 19:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 27744 battles
  • 10,120
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 04 2018 - 20:03, said:

 

The sad thing is, that he just recently increased his prices by 20 to 50%.

Before he did that, that T90 was 18.99 US and everything else was so much cheaper, i was buying the T 34's for $17 the Tiger II's for $19.

As far as i can tell he ships straight from the factory, as everything i've ordered from him comes in a Zvezda shipping box.

 

Make sure if you order 2 or more models, to get combined shipping, it saves a fair bit.

 

Thanks for the info.  Ordering 2 or more is never a problem, it is always the problem.:facepalm:

Lethalhavoc #31 Posted May 06 2018 - 03:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 38720 battles
  • 11,572
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View Postriff_, on May 05 2018 - 11:37, said:

 

Thanks for the info.  Ordering 2 or more is never a problem, it is always the problem.:facepalm:

 

Me too. I'm around a 100 unbuilt kits now.

It's starting to get embarrassing explaining it to the wife....



jackbatt04 #32 Posted May 28 2018 - 14:17

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4608 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    07-09-2014
I am building a 1/35 scale Mittenguard, it’s 6ft by 6ft. I am almost done but I will post it here and it’s big. The tanks I am using are Tiger 2, panzer 2, t 34, m4, kv 2 (lol), and the m48 Patton. This is not a joke. 

MeatheadMilitia #33 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 20:20

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 14319 battles
  • 121
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012

This thread needs more model tanks. 

 

Make it so. 

 

:)



Lethalhavoc #34 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 22:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 38720 battles
  • 11,572
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

I'm re-doing the gun barrel and there's no dust coat yet.

Posted Image



MeatheadMilitia #35 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 23:22

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 14319 battles
  • 121
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012
Looking good! 

riff_ #36 Posted Jun 16 2018 - 16:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 27744 battles
  • 10,120
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostMeatheadMilitia, on Jun 12 2018 - 14:20, said:

This thread needs more model tanks.

 

Make it so.

 

:)

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/580618-krzyboops-customs/page__p__11694204#entry11694204

You may know the guy.



riff_ #37 Posted Jun 16 2018 - 17:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 27744 battles
  • 10,120
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostLethalhavoc, on Jun 12 2018 - 16:54, said:

I'm re-doing the gun barrel and there's no dust coat yet.

Posted Image

 

Nicely done on the painting.

Lethalhavoc #38 Posted Jun 16 2018 - 23:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 38720 battles
  • 11,572
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View Postriff_, on Jun 16 2018 - 09:00, said:

 

Nicely done on the painting.

 

Thanks Riff, it still has a way to go.

Gnomon #39 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 19:02

    Training & QA Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 783 battles
  • 369
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

View PostLethalhavoc, on Jun 12 2018 - 15:54, said:

I'm re-doing the gun barrel and there's no dust coat yet.

 

That looks awesome! Are you repainting the gun barrel from what is in the picture?

How long have you spent on it so far? I'm amazed at the time folks can put into models. My attention span would fight with me if I tried to make one:izmena:



Lethalhavoc #40 Posted Jun 20 2018 - 00:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 38720 battles
  • 11,572
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View PostGnomon, on Jun 19 2018 - 11:02, said:

 

That looks awesome! Are you repainting the gun barrel from what is in the picture?

How long have you spent on it so far? I'm amazed at the time folks can put into models. My attention span would fight with me if I tried to make one:izmena:

 

Thanks!

The gun barrel was being reworked in the photo, when i was putting the wash on it, i noticed that it had a seam down the middle (which i didn't see when i had finished painting it).

So i had filled and sanded it a bit, then redid the base colors (which is what you see in the photo), but it still needs a wash to make it fit with the rest of the paint.

 

I had started it about 3 years ago, then put it on hold while i built other kits to get more experience painting/weathering, then just recently came back to finish it.

In all there is only around 5 or 6 hours invested into it total so far.

With around another hour or 2 required to finish it up.

 

This is a Tamiya kit, which means it's really easy assembly (low(ish) number of parts compared to other makers and nice clearly detailed instructions).

You should give it a try, build a 1/35 Tamiya panzer II, they're cheap, super low number of parts, fairly good detail and have lots of ways a builder can customize them.

 

The panzer II is my favorite model kit, i've built 4 of them now.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

 


Edited by Lethalhavoc, Jun 20 2018 - 02:40.





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users