• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Explodinggruntz #21 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 22:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 4504 battles
  • [R0GU3] R0GU3

View Postscharnhorst310, on Dec 10 2017 - 20:45, said:

You just have to be alert about arty. When can they shoot (look around for explosions, etc so you can time their reloads). Look at the map, if your one of the few people spotted good chance arty going to be looking at you. Know the common areas arty sets up, so you can pick positions that give you give cover. Last but not least, remain unpredictable if you know you are a target. Go forward and stop, act crazy, it makes it very hard to predict where you are going to hit you on the move. 

Thanks for the advice.

Explodinggruntz #22 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 17:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 4504 battles
  • [R0GU3] R0GU3

So in the past week, I have managed to calm down a lot and stop raging at the game. Thanks to the advice from a lot of you and spending a lot more time critically thinking about my performance in a match, re-watching replays etc, I have felt that I have improved greatly. While I still make mistakes and hand I still have games where I mess up terribly but I'm finding I am becoming better at spotting my mistakes and thinking about how I can avoid them in the future. I just wanted to say thank you to this community for being so nice and helpful. Now to just stop getting triggered by everything and stop raging in chat. 

Replay's to show improvement:

http://wotreplays.eu...runtz-tiger_131

http://wotreplays.eu...odinggruntz-t20

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4016258#stats

crossedarrows #23 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 23:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22423 battles

View PostExplodinggruntz, on Dec 05 2017 - 01:08, said:

It's gotten to the point where I'm literally ragging over the game (already broke one keyboard) and anytime I face a tank 2 tiers higher than me (which is usually tier VIII since I mostly play tier VI) I get depressed since I feel there is nothing I'm gonna be able to do. It's gotten so bad that I just committed the worst sin and suicided at the start of match causes I was fed up with fighting tier VIII heavy tanks in my tier VI Shermans.

Fighting higher tiers is part of the game.  I'm sure you don't rage when you're the one who's top tier.  Those Tier VIIIs that are stomping you, rest assured most games they're getting stomped by Tiers IX and X.

When you're bottom tier, don't play your tank by it's "role"; play it according to what it can actually do.  Maximize your tank's strengths and minimize it's weaknesses.  My Tier VI heavy (VK 36.01H) has respectable pen, above average speed and excellent long-range accuracy.  When it's in a Tier VIII match, I play it as a medium or a TD (despite griping in Team Chat about the "camping heavy").

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users