Harassment

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Toxicmuffin117 #1 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 07:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 20556 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR
I just got my girlfriend into tanks.  She has about 50 battles done now and she...isn't good.  That is normal for someone with only 50 battles.  Someone sent her a PM after her game which was...mean...to say the least.  She started crying because she isn't used to people literally yelling and swearing at her so I started to look into sending in a ticket with a picture of what the other player said.  There were several broken links on the topic in the support section.  I believe this to be a bug.  If it was just me getting this message then I would ignore it but I would like to take some action about this.  Is this something where I would send a ticket? Can the support topics on this be fixed so I don't have to clutter the forums with my problems?

Isola_di_Fano #2 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 07:13

Major

• Players
  • 19905 battles

Hi,

Forums can't do anything for you.

Support works fine on my side, try opening a ticket again tomorrow but unless there are some kind of direct threats ... not much will happen I am afraid.

What you can do on your side/girlfriend account also is to block the icehole AND on her account go to settings to block incoming messages, except those of friends and clan.

That is probably her best option.

Best of luck.

Dirizon #3 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 07:18

Major

• Players
  • 26286 battles
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_

lol ????

Hostility tier 1?  Really?

l can understand 6+, but 1? 

Half the people don't know the front end of their tank tier 1, nevermind  actually trying to accomplish something.

Good job with the GF though. Now thats brining someone over to the dark side. You are an aspiration, a hero, to all guys on the planet.

Go to support. Login there, like here. Go to WoT, My Tickets, Submit Ticket, put whatever you want down, refuse their directory guide and manually put a ticket to submit.

Screenshots required. Name required

Disciplinary action, would like be just a 36 hour speech game client ban. Unless they were talking like Hitler or something like that, then maybe 72 hrs. lf they've done it before, maybe 1-2 weeks.

mlinke #4 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 07:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47431 battles
  • [FADES] FADES
again they hurt someones feelinzz, that is so bad. like life. it is really not all roses and candy. get used to it.

Dirizon #5 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 07:23

Major

• Players
  • 26286 battles
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_

View PostToxicmuffin117, on Dec 05 2017 - 01:37, said:

I just got my girlfriend into tanks.  She has about 50 battles done now and she...isn't good.  That is normal for someone with only 50 battles.  

What you want to tell her, and guide her into:

Tell her A)  M53/M55 -> T92 are the best vehicles, most popular, most coveted, and also feature a great tech tree. Get her started that immediately.

B) Why settle for the best, when you can do the second best too. Conqueror GC, the second most popular, best, coveted vehicle and tech tree, get her on that too as a second.

C) lf she has time, another good place to invest in, is GWE and obj 261 tech trees. Capable, decent performing tanks.

Toxicmuffin117 #6 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 07:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 20556 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Dec 05 2017 - 07:13, said:

Hi,

Forums can't do anything for you.

Support works fine on my side, try opening a ticket again tomorrow but unless there are some kind of direct threats ... not much will happen I am afraid.

What you can do on your side/girlfriend account also is to block the icehole AND on her account go to settings to block incoming messages, except those of friends and clan.

That is probably her best option.

Best of luck.

I guess turning off chat would probably be a good idea.  They have already been blocked.  Its just crappy that it happens to new players.  It really doesn't help the already not large population of the game.  Thanks for the advice on sending in a ticket.  

Arty_Did_Nothing_Wrong #7 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 08:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10 battles
  • [MAKI] MAKI

Someone got "Grief'ed" in an online video game? The horror...

Sure you could send in a ticket against one guy, but lets be honest, it's going to keep happening from multiple people throughout her WoT career, and turning off chat isn't particularly the best idea considering she's new and lacks the awareness to completely block out her allies and still win...

Low tiers is boot-camp, both for the game and for your emotions... When she gets to tier 10 and gets called out for doing tier 4 mistakes at tier 10, is she going to cry then? Or take the insult and turn it into a learning moment?

This isn't farmville, people take this game very seriously to the point of seemingly being mean, is she ready to step into that pool of players?

Edited by Arty_Did_Nothing_Wrong, Dec 05 2017 - 08:02.

Fluffy_Kittens #8 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 08:06

Major

• Players
  • 40699 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

toggle off chat

easy

Chicago_Deepdish #9 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 10:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44763 battles
Just turn off messages to the garage except for friends. Then that problem is off the table.

GaussDeath #10 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 10:54

Captain

• Players
  • 52122 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
I have to agree with the others, turn off chat if it bothers you. 

JagWar_84 #11 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 02:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostToxicmuffin117, on Dec 05 2017 - 07:07, said:

She started crying because she isn't used to people literally yelling and swearing at her

Well the good news is she still hasn't experienced this. You said she got a mean textual message in game. That's not the same as someone literally yelling and swearing at her.

I don't mean to sound overly cynical, but 99% of average online gamers have undoubtedly been the recipients of literal yelling and swears. Yes, even in casual pubs. It comes with the territory. If that's all it took for your gf to cry, you definitely should heed the best advice of others already presented here. Turn off the messaging except for those from friends. This is the best way to establish a safe space for her without her ultimately having to abandon the game.

sailorboy7982 #12 Posted Yesterday, 12:29 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17766 battles
  • [STB1] STB1
If it happens again have her just send a message back like this: "Thank you for the wonderful and thoughtful message. It means so much to me coming from you. Will you be my BFF?" Then block them. I send this message whenever I get trolled and usually they never answer back. Either way I block them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users