Jump to content


WOTLABS & OTHER WEBSITES | XVM STATS MIGHT BE WRONG


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

ThatBoyBlue #1 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 09:29

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 14967 battles
  • 66
  • [JOJO] JOJO
  • Member since:
    05-29-2014

IDK Y ITS DOING THAT BUT labs needs to fix it i like labs. really i like any websites that works :P 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Original XVM  | The WN8 for this mod maybe didnt up date right so it will be off by a few 

 

 

 

 

The Best Website for stats  10/10 :P

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P.S WARGAMING WHY IS THE PICTURES SO BIG WHY CANT I EDIT  IT SO ITS NOT SO DAMN BIG FIX THIS CRAP


Edited by ThatBoyBlue, Dec 05 2017 - 09:33.


Isola_di_Fano #2 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 09:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 19956 battles
  • 2,918
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

View PostThatBoyBlue, on Dec 05 2017 - 03:29, said:

 

 

P.S WARGAMING WHY IS THE PICTURES SO BIG WHY CANT I EDIT  IT SO ITS NOT SO DAMN BIG FIX THIS CRAP

 

WG can't fix issues located between your monitor and your chair.

Arty_Did_Nothing_Wrong #3 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 09:47

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10 battles
  • 128
  • [MAKI] MAKI
  • Member since:
    10-27-2017
Actually XVM was right... Considering they have taken over the equation for WN8 now...

Aslain #4 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 09:50

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 88 battles
  • 2,880
  • Member since:
    07-20-2010
More info here: https://koreanrandom...-update-of-wn8/

Xeraux #5 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 10:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 19673 battles
  • 9,554
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011
I still go by WOTLabs, thanks tho.

eisen1973 #6 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 10:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 48792 battles
  • 2,218
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_
  • Member since:
    11-04-2011
Thanks for the link, I think it's more accurate too.

SmirkingGerbil #7 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 13:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 34477 battles
  • 4,880
  • [ANASS] ANASS
  • Member since:
    01-31-2013

Stop obsessing over your stats, problem solved. WoTLabs though is the source, the only source, and no one here can fix what you are worried about. Go to WoTLabs and post the question - I would be careful doing that though, they tend to look down on preening stat obsessives.

 

 

eRRRR hang on, on my second cup of coffee, and that sounded crass, my bad. Apologies. But yeah, if XVM took over or WoTLabs is still doing it, only they can help.


Edited by SmirkingGerbil, Dec 05 2017 - 14:22.


SmirkingGerbil #8 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 13:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 34477 battles
  • 4,880
  • [ANASS] ANASS
  • Member since:
    01-31-2013

View PostArty_Did_Nothing_Wrong, on Dec 05 2017 - 02:47, said:

Actually XVM was right... Considering they have taken over the equation for WN8 now...

 

Wait, what? The mathlab guys at Labs are no longer developing or maintaining, or XVM is just using the WoTLabs formula? I have been out for 5 months so maybe I missed something.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil, Dec 05 2017 - 13:56.


moogleslam #9 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 15:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 30276 battles
  • 3,044
  • [REL-A] REL-A
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013

Besides our signatures here, I use the xvm data (via wotzilla), but the wotlabs colors.  That's how it should be. The only real screw up in all this is xvm trying to force players to use their stupid color scheme.

 

It wouldn't be hard for wotlabs to point to the new expected values.  It's now a one time fix, instead of needing to do it every time expected values are updated.  Neverwish just needs to spend 10 minutes on it.

 

 


Edited by moogleslam, Dec 05 2017 - 15:17.


_Tsavo #10 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 15:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 38424 battles
  • 14,302
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

I've stopped using wotlabs as their values are no longer going to be updated and now use na.wotzilla as it's the current formula from the XVM guys and gives me a detailed break down by day of each tank I played and how it went in that tank.

 

It's been a long time since I've worried about wn8.  Wins are all that matter, the WN8 is a nice second thought at best.


Edited by _Tsavo, Dec 05 2017 - 15:05.


Hellsfog #11 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 18:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 31305 battles
  • 4,102
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostSmirkingGerbil, on Dec 05 2017 - 07:55, said:

 

Wait, what? The mathlab guys at Labs are no longer developing or maintaining, or XVM is just using the WoTLabs formula? I have been out for 5 months so maybe I missed something.

 

The WotLabs guys got tired of updating the expected values and went to a system of tiers and class rather than individual tanks.  The XVM team took over the formula and automated the process of updating the expected values for individual tanks. I believe that the XVM team is also using a larger population to determine the expected values. 

Arty_Did_Nothing_Wrong #12 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 21:03

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10 battles
  • 128
  • [MAKI] MAKI
  • Member since:
    10-27-2017

View PostSmirkingGerbil, on Dec 05 2017 - 07:55, said:

 

Wait, what? The mathlab guys at Labs are no longer developing or maintaining, or XVM is just using the WoTLabs formula? I have been out for 5 months so maybe I missed something.

 

I heard XVM took over the development of the formula in order to have the most accurate stat mod...

CedricMacLaren #13 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 23:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 14920 battles
  • 3,440
  • [RECKT] RECKT
  • Member since:
    02-24-2013
Wotzilla doesn’t work well on my phone. I just look at noobmeter or wotlabs.  I don’t know or much care whose WN8 is the “gold standard”.  I do wish there was better process controls in place though. Anyone with access to the data being able to make changes to specific tanks as a joke or to prove a point is rediculous. 

SmirkingGerbil #14 Posted Dec 05 2017 - 23:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 34477 battles
  • 4,880
  • [ANASS] ANASS
  • Member since:
    01-31-2013

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 05 2017 - 11:09, said:

 

The WotLabs guys got tired of updating the expected values and went to a system of tiers and class rather than individual tanks.  The XVM team took over the formula and automated the process of updating the expected values for individual tanks. I believe that the XVM team is also using a larger population to determine the expected values. 

 

Thanks much, now I am educated!

 

View PostCedricMacLaren, on Dec 05 2017 - 16:38, said:

Wotzilla doesn’t work well on my phone. I just look at noobmeter or wotlabs.  I don’t know or much care whose WN8 is the “gold standard”.  I do wish there was better process controls in place though. Anyone with access to the data being able to make changes to specific tanks as a joke or to prove a point is rediculous. 

 

Hey Ced! I am playing tanks again!

CedricMacLaren #15 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 01:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 14920 battles
  • 3,440
  • [RECKT] RECKT
  • Member since:
    02-24-2013

I see that Gerbil. I see you on occasionally in the early mornings. I assume after you have ran or biked 15K or so and swam in water that is entirely too cold. 

 

When end you get bored with ANASS you should consider coming back and getting the band back together again. Schwere is getting bored with us I think. :B



FordDingman #16 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:36

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 269 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    02-25-2017
Actually wot labs wasnt doing right by the xvm creators.
Wotlabs is the last place you shoukd go to see how you stack up against others.
Wotlabs manipulates the formula to best suit wotlabs and its people.

moogleslam #17 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 30276 battles
  • 3,044
  • [REL-A] REL-A
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013

View PostFordDingman, on Dec 06 2017 - 12:36, said:

Actually wot labs wasnt doing right by the xvm creators.
Wotlabs is the last place you shoukd go to see how you stack up against others.
Wotlabs manipulates the formula to best suit wotlabs and its people.

 

That's a whole lot of nonsense.  They had tank specific values which were based on data and only on data.  If you're referring to the one version of the expected values where they messed with a few tanks numbers, that was just for a laugh to annoy the stat padders :)

Hellsfog #18 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 19:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 31305 battles
  • 4,102
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostFordDingman, on Dec 06 2017 - 11:36, said:

Actually wot labs wasnt doing right by the xvm creators.
Wotlabs is the last place you shoukd go to see how you stack up against others.
Wotlabs manipulates the formula to best suit wotlabs and its people.

 

Looks like we've found an alt from a certain hate site spreading false information again.  You are EXPOSED!!!.

 

View Postmoogleslam, on Dec 06 2017 - 11:45, said:

 

That's a whole lot of nonsense.  They had tank specific values which were based on data and only on data.  If you're referring to the one version of the expected values where they messed with a few tanks numbers, that was just for a laugh to annoy the stat padders :)

 

WotLabs eliminated "stat padding tanks" when they removed specific tanks values in favor of values based on tier and class.  XVM brought back tank specific values and the ability to stat pad in certain tanks.  The good news is that XVM's automated system correct for this but who knows. 

 

 

 

 


Edited by Hellsfog, Dec 06 2017 - 19:04.


SmirkingGerbil #19 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 00:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 34477 battles
  • 4,880
  • [ANASS] ANASS
  • Member since:
    01-31-2013

View PostCedricMacLaren, on Dec 05 2017 - 18:00, said:

I see that Gerbil. I see you on occasionally in the early mornings. I assume after you have ran or biked 15K or so and swam in water that is entirely too cold. 

 

When end you get bored with ANASS you should consider coming back and getting the band back together again. Schwere is getting bored with us I think. :B

 

ANASS is fun, come to us . . . Not that RECKT wasn't, but I have known these guys even longer than you guys!




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users