badger and 183

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

SpitYoYoMafia #41 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 18349 battles

View PostPBPanda, on Dec 06 2017 - 08:49, said:

im the one in the tank and i know exactly where to aim, and where i am aiming and i watch my shot drift off landing exactly where i didn’t even aim. i know my shell velocity about as well as i know my shoe size so pretty good chance i won’t miss. but when i’m fighting abouther tank up close, less than 50 meters and sometimes not even able to squeeze a elc between us and my gun misses the mantlet and i know damn well i was fully aimed and that shot should have not flown over the top of his tank. 

I don't even aim and I still hit my shots

GaussDeath #42 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:51

Captain

• Players
  • 52096 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostPhinsky, on Dec 06 2017 - 09:44, said:

I find there to be a good bit of irony in someone arguing about a tank in which they have 1 battle in. And while someone's stats may 'appear' good, when you've played over 50k battles and your average tier played is tier 6, well, I'll just end it right there.

1) I can read, I don't need to play the tank to read that it has 0.6@100m dispersion. I don't need to play it to read what the top players have in accuracy in that tank. Anyone can use logic if they choose. 
2) As for 50k battles, sure, I spent a very long time at mid-tiers learning to play and struggling against a computer that was ancient (single digit fps sucks).
But now I have modern computer and almost every tank line up to tier 9+ so now I spend most of my time at those tiers.
Recent trumps overall and now that I am in tier 9 my recent is still in the blue category for most tanks I play. But feel free to look at the list of tanks, you will see my tier 9s are mostly dark blue. 

I_QQ_4_U #43 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 19:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14583 battles
Not having BIA is hardly going to 'screw' you, especially in a tank with a gun with such good base stats.

Ninja__Cat #44 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 19:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45592 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

View PostMountainLion1, on Dec 06 2017 - 02:33, said:

I still have the extra crewman from my Tortoise ready to go into the Badger, how do players not have this crewman if they had the Tortoise? 

Because some of us enjoyed the tortoise so much that we decided to keep it. Luckily for me I enjoyed it so much that I actually put a female crew in mine, so I still have a spare radio man. Especially with the unneeded armor buff the tortoise will be getting I'm still pretty sure I'll keep it. Heck, tier for tier the tortoise may even end up being a better tank than the badger. We'll see though.

Andonisus #45 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 20:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 4451 battles

View PostNinja__Cat, on Dec 06 2017 - 19:56, said:

Because some of us enjoyed the tortoise so much that we decided to keep it. Luckily for me I enjoyed it so much that I actually put a female crew in mine, so I still have a spare radio man. Especially with the unneeded armor buff the tortoise will be getting I'm still pretty sure I'll keep it. Heck, tier for tier the tortoise may even end up being a better tank than the badger. We'll see though.

Image a world where the tortoise's roof doesn't get overmatched by everything. I don't know how may games where the only shots that penned went into the roof while they were aiming for the cupola. I would have loved to have grinded though the line post buffs but I wanted a deathstar more. The badger looks right up my alley as well, but I might end up rebuying the tortoise.

QuicksilverJPR #46 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 22:37

Major

• Players
  • 22011 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on Dec 05 2017 - 15:06, said:

Yeah? Wait until a T92 round lands on your roof and lops 800+ off. The rear deck is only 17mm thick. 

Or someone in a 152mm armed T49/Sheridan drops a round through your dome.

That hurts!

the_dude_76 #47 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 23:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30457 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Dec 06 2017 - 16:46, said:

it takes 2 seconds to grind up to T10, I could easily grind up to T10 and still not even have my second crew skill trained

No you can't. It is almost impossible given the crew earn as much exp as the tanks. Do you reset for free and take an 20% exp loss every time you move up to the next tank?? Even then I doubt you could go from tier 2 to 10 without having a second skill trained. I'm almost done with the Tort and I've nearly got my 2nd skill at 100% with a crew that I started in the AT15. 

Perhaps you're dumping a ton of free exp to move up the tree more quickly, that's not "grinding".

PBPanda #48 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 23:59

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 22926 battles
  • [PPC] PPC

View PostGaussDeath, on Dec 06 2017 - 16:51, said:

1) I can read, I don't need to play the tank to read that it has 0.6@100m dispersion. I don't need to play it to read what the top players have in accuracy in that tank. Anyone can use logic if they choose. 
2) As for 50k battles, sure, I spent a very long time at mid-tiers learning to play and struggling against a computer that was ancient (single digit fps sucks).
But now I have modern computer and almost every tank line up to tier 9+ so now I spend most of my time at those tiers.
Recent trumps overall and now that I am in tier 9 my recent is still in the blue category for most tanks I play. But feel free to look at the list of tanks, you will see my tier 9s are mostly dark blue. 

actually you do. paper stats and how the tank actually performs are two different things. on paper the kranvagn seemed amazing, i have decided the tank hates me and so i hate it right back. you can read all you want and you still don’t know anything until you do. 

GaussDeath #49 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 00:09

Captain

• Players
  • 52096 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostPBPanda, on Dec 06 2017 - 15:59, said:

actually you do. paper stats and how the tank actually performs are two different things. on paper the kranvagn seemed amazing, i have decided the tank hates me and so i hate it right back. you can read all you want and you still don’t know anything until you do. 

For overall performance you are correct, I would need a lot of experience playing the tank to comment on it, but that is not the topic.
Accuracy is the topic and for that you have cited your rankings as rationale for why we should listen to you that when it comes to accuracy. And yet, people ranked higher than you have similar accuracy, so clearly the accuracy is not a problem. 

PBPanda #50 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 01:28

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 22926 battles
  • [PPC] PPC

View PostGaussDeath, on Dec 06 2017 - 23:09, said:

For overall performance you are correct, I would need a lot of experience playing the tank to comment on it, but that is not the topic.
Accuracy is the topic and for that you have cited your rankings as rationale for why we should listen to you that when it comes to accuracy. And yet, people ranked higher than you have similar accuracy, so clearly the accuracy is not a problem. 

actually it is. it’s about the reliability of the gun. and if you haven’t played atleast a couple hundred games in it your comments on thetanks performance is about as valuable as me writing this response. 

GaussDeath #51 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 02:18

Captain

• Players
  • 52096 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostPBPanda, on Dec 06 2017 - 17:28, said:

actually it is. it’s about the reliability of the gun. and if you haven’t played atleast a couple hundred games in it your comments on thetanks performance is about as valuable as me writing this response. 

Someone does not need to play battles in a tank to understand the concept of 0.6 dispersion. Yes, they should play to understand the PLAYSTYLE but that is not the same thing as understanding whether or not a gun is an accurate or inaccurate gun. 

You made a claim that it should have 90% accuracy but, just based on the dispersion value of the gun, that is a claim that is not true. No gun with a dispersion value of 0.6 is going to have 90% accuracy. 

In any case, it is clear further discourse with you is pointless. You were asked for replays to show your point, you failed to provide them. Then logic was used, you failed to comprehend it.
Enjoy your 183 but I seriously doubt WG will ever give it an accuracy buff.

SpitYoYoMafia #52 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:02

Major

• Players
  • 18349 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 06 2017 - 14:54, said:

No you can't. It is almost impossible given the crew earn as much exp as the tanks. Do you reset for free and take an 20% exp loss every time you move up to the next tank?? Even then I doubt you could go from tier 2 to 10 without having a second skill trained. I'm almost done with the Tort and I've nearly got my 2nd skill at 100% with a crew that I started in the AT15. 

Perhaps you're dumping a ton of free exp to move up the tree more quickly, that's not "grinding".

If you start a brand new account you don't have the gold to do that, you pay up the 10% xp in creds and move on. [edited] stats, I don't care about stats when I'm grinding. Play the game. grind, move on. It's how I've always grinded. The worst thing you have to do is grind credits to buy T9 and T10. Other than that it takes no time at all to grind. It takes about 4-5 hours to get from T1 to T5.

SpitYoYoMafia #53 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:03

Major

• Players
  • 18349 battles

View PostGaussDeath, on Dec 06 2017 - 15:09, said:

Just wait until this weekend when I make my FV183 video which will show you how I "aim" in the FV183 (I don't)

the_dude_76 #54 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 16:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30457 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Dec 07 2017 - 02:02, said:

It takes about 4-5 hours to get from T1 to T5.

Which is utterly irrelevant. It doesn't matter if it takes you an hour or a month, you earn the exact same amount of exp either way. If you use the same crew all the way through, and you're only giving up 10% each time you retrain, there is no way to go from tier 2 to tier 10 without having a second skill trained to 100%.

Block Quote

If you start a brand new account you don't have the gold to do that, you pay up the 10% xp in creds and move on.

I've never spent any gold moving a crew, I always take the 10% hit.

And I have no idea why you're bringing stats into the discussion.

SpitYoYoMafia #55 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:01

Major

• Players
  • 18349 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 07 2017 - 07:46, said:

Which is utterly irrelevant. It doesn't matter if it takes you an hour or a month, you earn the exact same amount of exp either way. If you use the same crew all the way through, and you're only giving up 10% each time you retrain, there is no way to go from tier 2 to tier 10 without having a second skill trained to 100%.

I've never spent any gold moving a crew, I always take the 10% hit.

And I have no idea why you're bringing stats into the discussion.

I'm sitting in several T9s that don't have a second skill trained. I don't understand why you think this is impossible. If takes a stupid amount of xp to train crews.

the_dude_76 #56 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 20:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30457 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Dec 07 2017 - 18:01, said:

I'm sitting in several T9s that don't have a second skill trained. I don't understand why you think this is impossible. If takes a stupid amount of xp to train crews.

Because as I said, I've nearly got my Tort crew at 100% on their second skill and they started as a 75% crew in the AT15. I used some PRs to get them to 100% but that wouldn't have been necessary if I had a crew to transfer at 90%. I've been getting double crew training for the past 2 weeks but, again, I started at 75% with no skills.

With personal reserves and accelerated crew training I really don't see how starting with a fresh radio operator would be a problem for the vast majority of people.

lightball20 #57 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 20:47

Major

• Players
  • 25734 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View PostRichman, on Dec 05 2017 - 13:53, said:

well i guess i'll mention it, nobody else has...

183 five crew, badger 6.  you get a radio op with 100% and no skills to make up the difference.

so if you have BIA on your current 183 you're screwed until you grind the radio op to BIA.  do you think ro should have BIA too?   I do.

View PostLeftSock, on Dec 05 2017 - 14:22, said:

Was just about to pick up on this too

You are going to be screwed until you can train up BIA on the new radio operator unless you have a spare body in the barracks you can retrain (...or buy the AT 15A premium. Hmm...cunning plan WG, cunning plan)

OR OR OR

You could take the radio man you already have. That was on the Tort.

Darkbee2Bee #58 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 21:18

Major

• Players
  • 32443 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
I don't really understand the radioman issue myself. I knew the Badger would need him, so I've simply kept him and will drop him in to the Badger once I get it.  That plus, I have the AT-15a which also needs one anyway, even if for some reason I was going to sell the Badger.  This seems like it will only effect the people who acquired the Deathstar long ago, and dismissed or retrained the radioman (or those that acquired the Deathstar recently and were silly enough to not retain the radioman).  On the bright side for those "old timers", you still get two tier 10s for the price of one.

SpitYoYoMafia #59 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 22:38

Major

• Players
  • 18349 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 07 2017 - 11:30, said:

Because as I said, I've nearly got my Tort crew at 100% on their second skill and they started as a 75% crew in the AT15. I used some PRs to get them to 100% but that wouldn't have been necessary if I had a crew to transfer at 90%. I've been getting double crew training for the past 2 weeks but, again, I started at 75% with no skills.

With personal reserves and accelerated crew training I really don't see how starting with a fresh radio operator would be a problem for the vast majority of people.

And new players don't have reserves so how is this impossible?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users