101 replies to this topic

GeoMonster #21 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 06:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24942 battles
  • [MUG-G] MUG-G

View PostXxXxMaximusxXxX, on Dec 06 2017 - 05:58, said:

+1

.......but Momma raised no [edited]lol. Eye for an eye. Guess I'll start searching for another game. Thanks for the info guys. Good luck to you all! :)  

An eye for an eye doesn't work.  Not in many places.  Look at football ... the guy who retaliates many times is the one that gets the penalty flag.

Life isn't fair, no one said it was.  One just needs to live within its parameters.

XxXxMaximusxXxX #22 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 06:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 2554 battles
  • [EVOLV] EVOLV

View PostGeoMonster, on Dec 06 2017 - 06:01, said:

But they are not going to check to see how much people spend, or how long they have played, etc.  They probably DO need to check other things .. like being shot twice first, but they don't.    The automated system leaves a lot to be desired ... but one needs to exercise some personal control ... no matter how hard it is at times.

If anything, they might look at your account and say ... HE IS HOOKED!  HE SPENDS TON OF MONEY AND IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!  WE CAN SUSPEND HIM AND HE WILL STAY SINCE HE HAS SUNK SO MUCH COST INTO THE GAME.

Some exceptions are needed ... but not for how much money someone spends.

The intention of my post was a suggestion to them. I don't think you speak on behalf of WG lol. And if you did you'd be in financial ruin XD

dominator_98 #23 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 06:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14783 battles
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM

View PostXxXxMaximusxXxX, on Dec 05 2017 - 23:07, said:

The intention of my post was a suggestion to them. I don't think you speak on behalf of WG lol. And if you did you'd be in financial ruin XD

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you have no idea how to build and manage a billion-dollar corporation. Wargaming does. And they decided to make their paying customers follow the same rules as their free to play players.

GeoMonster #24 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 06:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24942 battles
  • [MUG-G] MUG-G

View PostXxXxMaximusxXxX, on Dec 06 2017 - 06:07, said:

Personally, I can't see them EVER having different BANNING rules for paying customers.

Edited by GeoMonster, Dec 06 2017 - 06:15.

tanopasman62 #25 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 06:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 14344 battles

You got banned by the automated system, a 24 hour ban suggests you have the habit of shooting teammates.

I recommend you to learn how this and other game mechanic words, usually you'll turn blue after two or three shots, when a player is blue, another shot will get them banned, also friendly tanks can shoot at it with no penalty, it varies depending on if you have damaged allies in previous matches or not, I've seen guys turning blue after a single shot.

XxXxMaximusxXxX #26 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 06:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 2554 battles
  • [EVOLV] EVOLV

View Postdominator_98, on Dec 06 2017 - 06:11, said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you have no idea how to build and manage a billion-dollar corporation. Wargaming does. And they decided to make their paying customers follow the same rules as their free to play players.

View Postdominator_98, on Dec 06 2017 - 06:11, said:

You need to learn to read between the lines. I'm not saying break the rules, I'm simply saying their current system can be better, more forgiving for situations like mine. 

Mad_Dog_Seabee #27 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 06:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10122 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

View PostXxXxMaximusxXxX, on Dec 05 2017 - 21:29, said:

So I was banned for a day because some idiot decided he wanted my position on the map, he tried to push me off when I didnt budge he shot me twice, so I killed his tank. You should consider adding a system if a friendly shoots you more than once you should be able to shoot them without penalty. I would never kill a friendly unless provoked....With that being said, its not wise to ban players who spend a lot of money on your game. If I decide to go to another game, that's thousands of dollars you will lose a year..don't bite the hand that feeds.

The system is working as intended. He did minute damage to you and you killed him. So you are clearly in the wrong. Have some self control or maybe learn the loop holes in the system like everyone else.

Scanjoon #28 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 06:55

Major

• Players
  • 25103 battles
If you were banned for a complete day that indicates you are a notorious TKer.

eisen1973 #29 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 06:59

Major

• Players
  • 48702 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_

View PostXxXxMaximusxXxX, on Dec 05 2017 - 23:29, said:

So I was banned for a day because some idiot decided he wanted my position on the map, he tried to push me off when I didnt budge he shot me twice, so I killed his tank. You should consider adding a system if a friendly shoots you more than once you should be able to shoot them without penalty. I would never kill a friendly unless provoked....With that being said, its not wise to ban players who spend a lot of money on your game. If I decide to go to another game, that's thousands of dollars you will lose a year..don't bite the hand that feeds.

So you think spending money here entitles you to break the rules? If a friendly is shooting at me I can only wait at least  until he gets blue if I want to defend myself. But what I usually do is let em keep shooting me and banned themselves, then I know the bastard won't be around for that entire session (at least).

Scanjoon #30 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 07:06

Major

• Players
  • 25103 battles

Block Quote

With that being said, its not wise to ban players who spend a lot of money on your game. If I decide to go to another game, that's thousands of dollars you will lose a year..don't bite the hand that feeds.

StepChild_TO #31 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 07:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33697 battles
there are people in this game that do nothing but try and get people to tk them. Do not let them goad you into it. if you record it and do not retaliate and then send that video into support they will go after those guys. just don't shoot back. sucks I know but there is no "I had a reason: they don't care. if you spent 1000 or 10000 dollars its the way they run it and nothing any of us can do will change it.

Trigger_Happy_Jax #32 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 07:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32082 battles
  • [STK-R] STK-R

View PostXxXxMaximusxXxX, on Dec 05 2017 - 23:23, said:

You need to learn to read between the lines. I'm not saying break the rules, I'm simply saying their current system can be better, more forgiving for situations like mine. 

If your account were older, the automated system may have been more forgiving.  The automated team kill system uses an algorithm that factors in how often a player shoots friendlies, and compares it with how often that player does not.  New account, shooting friendlies, yeah, that will trigger the auto-ban.  Old account that rarely shoots friendlies may not get the ban in the same situation.

Jellytime__ #33 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 07:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4555 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
Yea, the automated system is pretty lame. And unfortunately, unless the player turns blue, you CANNOT shoot them without consequences. So if they push you, flip you, get you killed without shooting you or doing damage to you, its technically not illegal. [edited]move yes, but not illegal. Thats where the flaw is. All you can do it bite your tongue, try to "ignore" them, or just go get yourself killed by the opposing team and get into another game. Report them, blacklist them, and move on. A pretty [edited]system, but its what's implemented. Happens to all of us. Worse feeling ever lol

DOAmaker #34 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 07:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16817 battles
  • [TCH] TCH

View PostXxXxMaximusxXxX, on Dec 06 2017 - 04:29, said:

Please take your money else where, if you think violating the rules is OK because someone else did it first.  Seem to me you are just as bad as the person who shot you and tried to push you out.

xrays_ #35 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 07:52

Major

• Players
  • 43806 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostXxXxMaximusxXxX, on Dec 05 2017 - 23:38, said:

... they should consider adjusting or they will lose players like me who are willing to spend thousands of dollars on their game. 

However, in this case, WarGaming already has more money out of you than a few average customers combined, so they probably don't care if you walk away now. And that's not even trying to belittle you for your selfish actions, just the straight, honest truth. I suggest you learn the right way to play this game, or you will be finding another sooner than you think.

x.

Worland #36 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 08:07

Major

• Players
  • 16557 battles
How do you guys get banned so easily? I've been here 5 years. Never been blue, let alone banned. I must be doing something wrong.

aSenileOldMan #37 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 08:09

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 20467 battles
  • [1CAN] 1CAN

Since you are a new player let me explain what WOT thinks of the money you spent on their game.  What you have spent so far is just icing on the cake.  The 1% and their sponsors is what drives WOT.  The other 99% of WOT could quit and they would still make a crapton of money. 

Dont think think that the tiny amount of money you spent so far will get you any kind of preferential treatment.

davehsir #38 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 08:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3249 battles
  • [1_3_1] 1_3_1

View Postdir32jd, on Dec 06 2017 - 00:04, said:

seems like a win win for WG.

they get his money no matter what

He can just chargeback his money and get every penny

StiffWind #39 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 08:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10222 battles

View PostGeoMonster, on Dec 06 2017 - 05:43, said:

You team killed a tank ... and then complain that you were banned?  What am I missing here?  The automated system probably does not have a subroutine to see if the person to be banned spends thousands of dollars a year, and if so, don't ban them because they are special.

You shoot allies, you get penalized.  You shoot allies too much and you get banned. It has nothing to do with how much you spend.  It has more to do with exercising self-control.

I'm NOT saying it's acceptable...but neither is what the other player did.  WoT refuses to spend any money to have even one person police their own game...instead, setting up an automated system and calling it good.  Any semi-intelligent person would have seen this kind of behavior coming.  I suspect WoT did....they just don't care.  The fault belongs to WoT as much as to the OP.

Arty_Did_Nothing_Wrong #40 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 08:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10 battles
  • [MAKI] MAKI

Did you really just throw a [edited]fit over a day ban after spending $910.00 on "The Feast" without prior knowledge of how bad this game actually is?

I'd use that 24 hours to think about how spending $910.00 on THIS game is not worth it no matter how you look at it...

Edited by Arty_Did_Nothing_Wrong, Dec 06 2017 - 08:17.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users