Jump to content


STG Gaurd Inquiry


  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

DrexMaverick #1 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 16:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 12541 battles
  • 2,017
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012
I really like the looks of this tank, but I wonder whether its worth the buy with the current poor Tier 8 MM and I don't just want to add another failed premium experience to my list of disappointments. Sure I imagine it's OP attributes will be nerfed soon enough, but as it is right now, how does it hold up against Tier 10?

TomG_Chicago #2 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 16:55

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23294 battles
  • 349
  • [FADES] FADES
  • Member since:
    08-14-2013

If you like rear mounted tanks and city fights its enjoyable.

 

I love the OBJ416.  Had a fun time with it.  The STG fit that category.

 

Big hit long reload medium armour.

 



JeffXandra #3 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 16:55

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32838 battles
  • 197
  • Member since:
    03-21-2014
its stats are unlikely to change (though power creep could make it weaker, obviously)

Personally, I don’t own one but haven’t found it to be a particularly problematic opponent even if I’m in a Tier VII (YMMV)

the_dude_76 #4 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 16:59

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30418 battles
  • 933
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostDrexMaverick, on Dec 06 2017 - 15:51, said:

I really like the looks of this tank, but I wonder whether its worth the buy with the current poor Tier 8 MM and I don't just want to add another failed premium experience to my list of disappointments. Sure I imagine it's OP attributes will be nerfed soon enough, but as it is right now, how does it hold up against Tier 10?

 

WG rarely nerfs tanks that people buy with actual money. Off the top of my head I can only think of it happening to two tanks, the Type 59 and the Super Pershing. People expect refunds when they've taken money out of their own pockets and WG wants nothing to do with giving money back to people.

DrexMaverick #5 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 12541 battles
  • 2,017
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 06 2017 - 09:59, said:

 

WG rarely nerfs tanks that people buy with actual money. Off the top of my head I can only think of it happening to two tanks, the Type 59 and the Super Pershing. People expect refunds when they've taken money out of their own pockets and WG wants nothing to do with giving money back to people.

 

Well that's a lie because they did it every tank I ever purchased

DrexMaverick #6 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 12541 battles
  • 2,017
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012

View PostTomG_Chicago, on Dec 06 2017 - 09:55, said:

If you like rear mounted tanks and city fights its enjoyable.

 

I love the OBJ416.  Had a fun time with it.  The STG fit that category.

 

Big hit long reload medium armour.

 

I'm grinding for that Object 416 and by the tie i get to it, they're  gonna remove it ... I wanted to play that to grind the next tanks after it.



24cups #7 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:04

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20902 battles
  • 605
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

OP try this review by Scorpiany:

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/555868-%E2%98%85-%E2%98%85-%E2%98%85-stg-guard-review-bringing-down-the-soviet-hammer-%E2%98%85-%E2%98%85-%E2%98%85/

 



SmirkingGerbil #8 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 34370 battles
  • 4,853
  • [ANASS] ANASS
  • Member since:
    01-31-2013

View PostDrexMaverick, on Dec 06 2017 - 10:02, said:

 

Well that's a lie because they did it every tank I ever purchased

 

Source?

 

Tanks nerfed with before and after stats?

 

Super Pershing was slightly buffed after the brew ha ha anyway, making it 'near' pre-nerf levels.



Gang_Starr #9 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 13746 battles
  • 2,393
  • Member since:
    04-09-2014
OP attributes? I do not see anything good about that tank.

Lonewolfpj #10 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:07

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 2997 battles
  • 622
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
I own and and don’t really like it. You need to have a good team so I only use it was clan mates.

DrexMaverick #11 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 12541 battles
  • 2,017
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012

View PostSmirkingGerbil, on Dec 06 2017 - 10:04, said:

 

Source?

 

Tanks nerfed with before and after stats?

 

Super Pershing was slightly buffed after the brew ha ha anyway, making it 'near' pre-nerf levels.

 

Me I'm the source. Its called experience! And I've seen tons of other complaints about the many changes they make to tanks after they are bought and become popular ...

I_QQ_4_U #12 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:12

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14544 battles
  • 1,878
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PostDrexMaverick, on Dec 06 2017 - 17:09, said:

 

Me I'm the source. Its called experience! And I've seen tons of other complaints about the many changes they make to tanks after they are bought and become popular ...

 

Name them then.

Edited by I_QQ_4_U, Dec 06 2017 - 17:12.


amerikafka #13 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:14

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10752 battles
  • 157
  • Member since:
    04-24-2015
I always wanted a 416 but I'll never get it. When I first saw the STG I was thinking it might be something of a premium version. Except it isn't in the way that the 416 is desirable to me - the camouflage. That isn't to say that the camouflage can't be good on the STG, but it will never be as stealthy as the 416 without a significant buff.

9435 #14 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:16

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 146 battles
  • 273
  • Member since:
    10-29-2015

View PostDrexMaverick, on Dec 06 2017 - 17:03, said:

I'm grinding for that Object 416 and by the tie i get to it, they're  gonna remove it ... I wanted to play that to grind the next tanks after it.

 

The Obj 416 is fun to run, but very expensive.  Repairs and ammo are double the T-44.

dominator_98 #15 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:17

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14635 battles
  • 1,100
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostDrexMaverick, on Dec 06 2017 - 10:02, said:

 

Well that's a lie because they did it every tank I ever purchased

 

I read this, thought wotlabs red, and was not disappointed. There’s no helping people like this, as they refuse to accept facts.

View PostDrexMaverick, on Dec 06 2017 - 10:09, said:

 

Me I'm the source. Its called experience! And I've seen tons of other complaints about the many changes they make to tanks after they are bought and become popular ...

 

Allow me to be a bit skeptical of your “experience” since you struggle to do half your HP in damage most of the time.

sleeper_agent #16 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:19

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 13052 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    06-19-2013

View PostTomG_Chicago, on Dec 06 2017 - 10:55, said:

If you like rear mounted tanks and city fights its enjoyable.

 

I love the OBJ416.  Had a fun time with it.  The STG fit that category.

 

Big hit long reload medium armour.

 

 

Big hit long reload medium armour.----that said it best with this tank. nothing to write home about.

heavymetal1967 #17 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 60292 battles
  • 14,688
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostDrexMaverick, on Dec 06 2017 - 11:09, said:

 

Me I'm the source. Its called experience! And I've seen tons of other complaints about the many changes they make to tanks after they are bought and become popular ...

 

He's talking about PREMIUMS, not regular tech tree tanks.  There IS a difference.

 

 



Met4lCrunch #18 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 17:35

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 38771 battles
  • 720
  • [VGASR] VGASR
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

The STG is one of my premium tanks I really enjoy. It's certainly not an OP tank, therefore I can't see it being nerfed by WG at all. The tank has several weaknesses (moves kinda sluggish, squishy hull, low rate of fire and no outstanding gun depression and elevation values). On the other hand the tank has a low silhouette, turret can bounce a shot here and there, the gun dispersion values are very low and the 122 carries some punch (390 damage). The STG (Guard) reminds me a lot of the A-44 with the 107mm gun. 

When I play STG, the most important thing I keep an eye on, having some team mates close by to support my long reload time.

 



dir32jd #19 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 18:20

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13049 battles
  • 1,318
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostGang_Starr, on Dec 06 2017 - 08:04, said:

OP attributes? I do not see anything good about that tank.

 

So you're saying you ONLY buy tanks that are OP?

Well there's one less person to listen too.


Edited by dir32jd, Dec 06 2017 - 18:20.


Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #20 Posted Dec 06 2017 - 18:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 65744 battles
  • 1,825
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012

I have the STG and I do enjoy it even though I don't do great in it.

 

It's a pretty average tank , but does have a unique style that you either like or hate.

And yes, expect to be bottom tier most of the time..






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users