Can't Win For Losing in Artillery

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Trauglodyte #1 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 01:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9962 battles

I want to start out by saying that I understand that there is a lot of angst on, well, all of the forums about artillery and I get it.  I don't begrudge people hating it - it is what it is.

That being said, last night, I was in a match on Steppes spawning in the north in my GW Tiger.  The opposing team pushed insanely hard down the 0 line with a Super Conq, a 113, and 4 Chinese/Russian tier 9-10 Mediums (tier 10 game, btw).  In seeing this and knowing the topography on that side, I couldn't allow a team full of super hull down tanks take that strong of a position.  The game went to almost the full duration and I fired something like 12-13 rounds.  I knew that I was firing in the area of the Super Conq, as I deemed him, for the most part, as the bigger threat and what my team would focus - they were calling for fire on the S Conq.  Plus, it helped that 2 of the Mediums and the 113 were riding right next to him allowing me to bomb several opponents with a single round.

At the end of the match, which we won, I shot the player, who is a member of one the top clans that so many people talk about, a note telling him that I hoped that he didn't feel like I was singling him out - I landed two hits on him - and that I was simply trying to slow down and contain an area of a major push.  I went on to say that I know that people hate artillery and that I usually send out messages like this after games like this to try to, if possible, lessen the anger.  He came back by calling me a [edited]that pulled a jerk move by completely focusing on him and killing his driver twice.  He accused me of XVM sniping - I don't run mods in any manner - and that I singled him out because of his clan.

I get that people hate artillery and I suppose that pulling 4k damage, 9 stuns, and 3 kills is something to get pissed about.  But, I also only had 352 in assist damage because my team, which got run over quickly, never once shot or landed a round on any of those tanks that I was trying to contain.  Is it simply not possible to get people to just understand what I was doing and that nothing bad was intended?  Am I doomed to just be hated no matter the diplomacy that I attempt?  Is the community just that jaded?  I get it and I hate getting blasted by arty.  But, I don't single people out.  I react to positions, pushes, and targets that need to be removed asap for the betterment of the team.  I move all of the time and I change flanks and map target areas depending upon the flow of the game.  I guess that just being arty is too much.  That is too bad, really.

Clickez4Fun #2 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 01:51

Major

• Players
  • 30602 battles

Next time, order him a topical ointment to ease the rash you caused, instead of a PM.  :B

Extremely hard for most to admit, they were outplayed by someone in arty. :ohmy:

SenaKashiwazaki #3 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 02:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11014 battles
  • [4SAKN] 4SAKN
Some people are just plain jerks.... Most common online because they know they won't get smacked in the face for it like in real life.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 02:04

Major

• Players
  • 14334 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
arty sux

Clickez4Fun #5 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 02:06

Major

• Players
  • 30602 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Dec 06 2017 - 17:04, said:

arty sux

Here's another one that needs the topical ointment too... :arta:

galspanic #6 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 02:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 24110 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3

OP, don't send messages.  When you say something you open up the door for hate.  

You know how often I get yelled at after a game?  1:500 games maybe.  You know how many times I contact a player they yell at me?  1:5.

Trauglodyte #7 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 02:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9962 battles
Well, I guess I can only do what I can do.  I'm not going to play like a turd just to appease people that hate the mechanic.  I play to support my team and I'm damned good at it.  Just sucks that people can't appreciate that.  I'd have done the same to him had he been on my team.

Sgt__Guffy #8 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 02:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1857 battles

View PostTrauglodyte, on Dec 06 2017 - 18:47, said:

I want to start out by saying that I understand that there is a lot of angst on, well, all of the forums about artillery and I get it.  I don't begrudge people hating it - it is what it is.

That being said, last night, I was in a match on Steppes spawning in the north in my GW Tiger.  The opposing team pushed insanely hard down the 0 line with a Super Conq, a 113, and 4 Chinese/Russian tier 9-10 Mediums (tier 10 game, btw).  In seeing this and knowing the topography on that side, I couldn't allow a team full of super hull down tanks take that strong of a position.  The game went to almost the full duration and I fired something like 12-13 rounds.  I knew that I was firing in the area of the Super Conq, as I deemed him, for the most part, as the bigger threat and what my team would focus - they were calling for fire on the S Conq.  Plus, it helped that 2 of the Mediums and the 113 were riding right next to him allowing me to bomb several opponents with a single round.

At the end of the match, which we won, I shot the player, who is a member of one the top clans that so many people talk about, a note telling him that I hoped that he didn't feel like I was singling him out - I landed two hits on him - and that I was simply trying to slow down and contain an area of a major push.  I went on to say that I know that people hate artillery and that I usually send out messages like this after games like this to try to, if possible, lessen the anger.  He came back by calling me a [edited]that pulled a jerk move by completely focusing on him and killing his driver twice.  He accused me of XVM sniping - I don't run mods in any manner - and that I singled him out because of his clan.

I get that people hate artillery and I suppose that pulling 4k damage, 9 stuns, and 3 kills is something to get pissed about.  But, I also only had 352 in assist damage because my team, which got run over quickly, never once shot or landed a round on any of those tanks that I was trying to contain.  Is it simply not possible to get people to just understand what I was doing and that nothing bad was intended?  Am I doomed to just be hated no matter the diplomacy that I attempt?  Is the community just that jaded?  I get it and I hate getting blasted by arty.  But, I don't single people out.  I react to positions, pushes, and targets that need to be removed asap for the betterment of the team.  I move all of the time and I change flanks and map target areas depending upon the flow of the game.  I guess that just being arty is too much.  That is too bad, really.

I wouldn't know who was elitist or who is not. I don't really care. But if I happened to nail one, it would give me immense pleasure. 

Some players think they have some sort of Tank God given right to be on the battlefield and everyone should be honoured they are shooting at them. If artillery destroys them, the end justifies the means. 

The little twerp!

Have fun, lobbing onto twerps.

Guffy.

WIZD #9 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 02:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6252 battles
  • [ASP] ASP
You say you understand why people hate arty then you should have know he would be salty lol. Just do you man. On a side note his arty failed. They should have been hunting you.

Dirizon #10 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 02:47

Major

• Players
  • 26251 battles
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_

And here is why people hate artillery, so very much. And in turn, why people hate people who play arty.

this player, manages a 48% WR, struggles to do anything really productive, and can still step into an arty and cause damage. Free damage, free from exposure and return fire. He can damage good and bad players alike, well outside his own skill bracket, that otherwise in tanks is incapable of intelligently dealing. 

Furthermore, this player is arrogant and snide enough, to bother far better players than him, after game, with stupid messages and salt in the wound. Very mature.

how about you drive a tank, maintain your 48%, get demolished the moment you try anything, then have some guy message you as some noobcake..  seems fair. Arty needs to be removed. that is it. Removed entirely, so this stupid stuff does not happen, and skill is made to matter. Not pointing and clicking

poster, troll 1#

Omega_Weapon #11 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 02:49

Captain

• Players
  • 42545 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostTrauglodyte, on Dec 06 2017 - 19:47, said:

​You did your job and supported your team as best you could. No shame there so don't have any doubts or regrets. Poor sports and anti-arty cry babies don't deserve your generous attempts at diplomacy. Just let the haters hate.

stalkervision #12 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 02:55

Major

• Players
  • 51620 battles
op

View PostDirizon, on Dec 06 2017 - 20:47, said:

And here is why people hate artillery, so very much. And in turn, why people hate people who play arty.

this player, manages a 48% WR, struggles to do anything really productive, and can still step into an arty and cause damage. Free damage, free from exposure and return fire. He can damage good and bad players alike, well outside his own skill bracket, that otherwise in tanks is incapable of intelligently dealing. 

Furthermore, this player is arrogant and snide enough, to bother far better players than him, after game, with stupid messages and salt in the wound. Very mature.

how about you drive a tank, maintain your 48%, get demolished the moment you try anything, then have some guy message you as some noobcake..  seems fair. Arty needs to be removed. that is it. Removed entirely, so this stupid stuff does not happen, and skill is made to matter. Not pointing and clicking

poster, troll 1#

Haters got to hate. :sceptic:

Sgt__Guffy #13 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1857 battles

View PostDirizon, on Dec 06 2017 - 19:47, said:

poster, troll 1#

What? Struth!! Did you read what the OP did? Looked like someone trying to put oil on troubled waters to me.

I'd rather have a 48% artillery player like him than someone like you on my team. Your pomposity is only surpassed by your arrogance. You calling the OP arrogant is laughable! You represent the very worst aspect of the game. It is players like you and the Twerp the OP was trying to appease, I wouldn't have bothered,  that are the likely reason there has been an exodus from the game, not artillery players.

Dunk your head in a bucket of water then remove it. Is there a hole in the water where your head was? No. That will give you a measure on how much you would be missed should you depart from the game.

Have fun, no, not you, the other readers.

Guffy.

commander42 #14 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:08

Major

• Players
  • 21773 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
OP your only mistake was messaging him after and expecting a human response.  There is no need to do a pre-emptive explanation there.  If he rages at you first then you can explain or laugh(or both..)

commander42 #15 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:10

Major

• Players
  • 21773 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostDirizon, on Dec 06 2017 - 20:47, said:

poster, troll 1#

*calls other people arrogant*

*displays arrogance throughout the entire post*

which post is the troll post again?

SpitYoYoMafia #16 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:17

Major

• Players
  • 18220 battles

Well that's because you don't understand xvm focus, you don't understand playing on the front lines trying to make things happen and getting blasted 24/7 by some guy at the back of the map, and you certainly don't understand limiting your exposure and it still doesn't [edited] matter because some guy at the back of the map is clicking on you.

A lot of people like myself hate artillery to the point of tking them. Artillery is the only class in the game that gets actively tked and I wonder why that is.

I no longer tk artillery but man is it hard not to sometimes.

And I'm not even talking about skill levels, I'm just saying why myself and others loathe this class. I could careless about who's playing it, the class is cancer and needs to be surgically and methodically removed from this game.

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Dec 07 2017 - 03:21.

Dirizon #17 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:19

Major

• Players
  • 26251 battles
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Dec 06 2017 - 21:37, said:

What? Struth!! Did you read what the OP did? Looked like someone trying to put oil on troubled waters to me.

I'd rather have a 48% artillery player like him than someone like you on my team. Your pomposity is only surpassed by your arrogance. You calling the OP arrogant is laughable! You represent the very worst aspect of the game. It is players like you and the Twerp the OP was trying to appease, I wouldn't have bothered,  that are the likely reason there has been an exodus from the game, not artillery players.

Dunk your head in a bucket of water then remove it. Is there a hole in the water where your head was? No. That will give you a measure on how much you would be missed should you depart from the game.

Have fun, no, not you, the other readers.

View Postgalspanic, on Dec 06 2017 - 20:43, said:

You know how often I get yelled at after a game?  1:500 games maybe.  You know how many times I contact a player they yell at me?  1:5.

he has no god damn business, to annoy a player post game, that he annoyed all game in game. Absolutely [edited]no god damn business. He is being arrogant, cheeky, and snide. Just be quiet and move on to the next. Why be annoying and draw attention. Just shut your mouth and move along

How about reading that, and learning some tact, decency and manners. Keep your opinions and chatter to yourself. 

This guy represents the worst tanks has to offer. He is poorly skilled, poorly aware, poorly positioned, wins fewer than more. Yet he wants to brag and message and disturb players, after game. Dude, we don't want your chatter. We don't want you, never mind your chatter. But at least we won't bring it up, not until you decide to open your trap and announce it, by message, straight to people. Mind your own business and play the game

and by the way, the only reason you'd want this poorer performing player on your team than me, is because you are a poorer performing player yourself. one of these typical casuals, that treats the game like online solitaire. Good for you. I definitely would not want you on my team, and would rather farm and kill your tank for very probable free damage. 

I don't have fun being a sad excuse of a tomato. My fun is competition, ensuring l do my best

Dirizon #18 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:22

Major

• Players
  • 26251 battles
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_

View Postgalspanic, on Dec 06 2017 - 20:43, said:

View Postcommander42, on Dec 06 2017 - 21:38, said:

OP your only mistake was messaging him after and expecting a human response.  There is no need to do a pre-emptive explanation there.  If he rages at you first then you can explain or laugh(or both..)

See? Point explained. No comment

keep your msgs to yourself. No one wants to read them, or read what you have to say.

this whole thing, could and would be avoided, if he wasn't cocky and just went on minding his ownbusiness

Dirizon #19 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:24

Major

• Players
  • 26251 battles
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_
Do you think if this trauglodyte was dominated, in tank on tank action, his domineer and victor, would flood him with msgs telling him how he got whipped and fisted and spanked? No. No one cares. Move along. And let me tell you, with those records, he gets dominated alot

Sgt__Guffy #20 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1857 battles

View PostDirizon, on Dec 06 2017 - 20:19, said:

he has no god damn business, to annoy a player post game, that he annoyed all game in game. Absolutely [edited]no god damn business. He is being arrogant, cheeky, and snide. Just be quiet and move on to the next. Why be annoying and draw attention. Just shut your mouth and move along

How about reading that, and learning some tact, decency and manners. Keep your opinions and chatter to yourself. 

This guy represents the worst tanks has to offer. He is poorly skilled, poorly aware, poorly positioned, wins fewer than more. Yet he wants to brag and message and disturb players, after game. Dude, we don't want your chatter. We don't want you, never mind your chatter. But at least we won't bring it up, not until you decide to open your trap and announce it, by message, straight to people. Mind your own business and play the game

and by the way, the only reason you'd want this poorer performing player on your team than me, is because you are a poorer performing player yourself. one of these typical casuals, that treats the game like online solitaire. Good for you. I definitely would not want you on my team, and would rather farm and kill your tank for very probable free damage. 

I don't have fun being a sad excuse of a tomato. My fun is competition, ensuring l do my best

:teethhappy: :trollface::teethhappy: :trollface:

Oh, I don't think so sunshine. I am opinionated and will say what I please, when I please. Only a WG moderator can decide what I can or cannot state within the forum rules.

Oh dear, dear, dear, guess I hit a nerve. 

All players try to do their best, but one thing we can agree on is we never want to be in the same team. Who needs statpadders anyway. 

See you on the battlefield Cupcake.

Nurse! Nurse! Dirizon needs his Diazepam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users