Can't Win For Losing in Artillery

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Flaming_Manatees #41 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 20:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12060 battles

I have never understood this mentality. Why on God's green earth would you apologize or explain your reasoning for shooting an enemy tank? You are not cheating. You are playing the class the way it was intended to be played. Whether you choose to shoot one tank, multiple tanks, etc. is entirely up to you.

Do other tank classes feel the need to apologize for focusing a player? Nope. Why should you?

Players that get salty about getting arty focused should be upset with the game designers, not the players who play the class. Whether they like it or not, it's a part of the game that they subscribed to when they clicked ready for battle. Until they change that, there is nothing to apologize for. 

Horribad_At_Tanks #42 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles
I xvm snipe aggressive guds all the time when I run my 261 as they are the biggest single threat on the map. They tend to be in mediums and they are easy prey to the new arty mechanics. Wait till they go to trade a shot then blast their tracks and take a nice chunk of health off at the same time. Is it fair? Ask wg as they are the ones who made the arty mechanic and allow xvm to begin with. Why waste perfectly good tools?

Dirizon #43 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 05:10

Major

• Players
  • 26286 battles
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Dec 06 2017 - 22:52, said:

That is a two way channel Sunshine, so you are aware of that. What you stated applies as much to you as anyone else who chooses to communicate by whatever means. 

You also still don't get it. I will never ever be quiet or keep "crap" to myself while bullying, elitist players like you are around. I will never ever back down, so get used to it!

You also do not know how I play and never will thankfully. 

This game is all about entertainment, for everybody, not just the elitist few!! You don't like the way the OP or I play, tough! 

I am here to stay, both in the game and on the forum and the fact you won't like that gives me more pleasure than you could ever know.

Have fun, no, not you, all the other nice players reading this.

Guffy.

two way channel? For what. The whole mess would have been avoided, would not have happened. Don't send imbecilic, self serving msgs that are 'apologys' to people. Keep your mouth shut and move on. What l state, however harsh or sour l sound, does not apply. Because There does not have to be merit at all at the start, and it wouldn't happen, if this ego maniac would just not be an ego maniac, and just continue on after the game.  Nothing happens, no contact, no out of control spiral. Done and done. 

Bullying an elitist player, in this scenario makes absolutely no sense. Because what you'd typically expect isn't happening and the elite isn't bullying the leaf eating rabbit. The elite was fine, and did nothing wrong. He reacted negatively, afterwards, to instigation. To an idiotic misplaced loathsome outreach, that should have just been omitted. 

You don't get it. The elite is the victim here. Just because you are good, means you can be annoyed and mocked, by someone whenever wherever? Sure. This mess is totally avoided with one single act, one single choice of 'don't do it' but no.....the op chose to do it. And receives a barrage of flak. I don't give a rats a $s $s where you talk, stay, belong, shelter, spill. Don't care. 

Entertainment, it is. But you don't define, what others see as entertainment. They do. I know exactly what you are, and want to be as far from it as you are. You see, imagine a baseball pitcher, with terrible ERA, terrible balls-strike percent, very few Strikeouts, awful error rating, poor fielding, poor hitting when given a bat, won't look at bases while runners on, only knows one pitch and sucks with it, always complains sun in his eyes, Etc. This pitcher, needless to say isn't Nolan Ryan or Pedro Martinez. This pitcher, is you. Now imagine a pitcher, that does want wins, strikeouts, no walks, low ERA, multi million contracts, awareness, knows a wicked curve as well as the lightning fastball, or a patient change up. This pitcher isn't you, and it's what l try my best to be. Both pitchers have fun with baseball. But are vastly different. I know very well what you are. 

Perhaps this is an anecdote you can digest. Perhaps not. 

Omega_Weapon #44 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 05:52

Captain

• Players
  • 42545 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostGuido1212, on Dec 07 2017 - 08:39, said:

You dropped 4K from the red line in complete safety and made multiple tanks play whack a mole as the moles.

Then you chased him to his garage and apologized which only served to remind an already irritated player that he could do not one single thing to stop it other than not press battle.

It’s a mystery why he was irritated.

​Its not a mystery. He was simply a thin skinned poor sport. I never saw the reasoning behind getting angry at anyone on the enemy team. If they killed you, they just did what they are supposed to. Play to win. And 99.9% of the time they did it fairly, playing by the rules of the game (even if they drive an arty). If your own team plays like inbred idiots, then I feel they are fair game for criticism. There is not much difference in my opinion between gross incompetence and active sabotage of the team. You can be legitimately mad about lag issues, the goofy physics, bad RNG or ghost shells. Getting angry at someone because they beat you in a game is pathetic beyond words.

Edited by Omega_Weapon, Dec 08 2017 - 05:53.

Sgt__Guffy #45 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 07:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1857 battles

View PostDirizon, on Dec 07 2017 - 22:10, said:

two way channel? For what. The whole mess would have been avoided, would not have happened. Don't send imbecilic, self serving msgs that are 'apologys' to people. Keep your mouth shut and move on. What l state, however harsh or sour l sound, does not apply. Because There does not have to be merit at all at the start, and it wouldn't happen, if this ego maniac would just not be an ego maniac, and just continue on after the game.  Nothing happens, no contact, no out of control spiral. Done and done. 

Bullying an elitist player, in this scenario makes absolutely no sense. Because what you'd typically expect isn't happening and the elite isn't bullying the leaf eating rabbit. The elite was fine, and did nothing wrong. He reacted negatively, afterwards, to instigation. To an idiotic misplaced loathsome outreach, that should have just been omitted. 

You don't get it. The elite is the victim here. Just because you are good, means you can be annoyed and mocked, by someone whenever wherever? Sure. This mess is totally avoided with one single act, one single choice of 'don't do it' but no.....the op chose to do it. And receives a barrage of flak. I don't give a rats a $s $s where you talk, stay, belong, shelter, spill. Don't care. 

Entertainment, it is. But you don't define, what others see as entertainment. They do. I know exactly what you are, and want to be as far from it as you are. You see, imagine a baseball pitcher, with terrible ERA, terrible balls-strike percent, very few Strikeouts, awful error rating, poor fielding, poor hitting when given a bat, won't look at bases while runners on, only knows one pitch and sucks with it, always complains sun in his eyes, Etc. This pitcher, needless to say isn't Nolan Ryan or Pedro Martinez. This pitcher, is you. Now imagine a pitcher, that does want wins, strikeouts, no walks, low ERA, multi million contracts, awareness, knows a wicked curve as well as the lightning fastball, or a patient change up. This pitcher isn't you, and it's what l try my best to be. Both pitchers have fun with baseball. But are vastly different. I know very well what you are. 

Perhaps this is an anecdote you can digest. Perhaps not. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users