Can't Win For Losing in Artillery

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

xtc4 #21 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21106 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Dude, just play your arty and have fun. I'm not sure why you messaged that guy and why you are messaging us.

Maybe the drama is what is fun for you. If so, I hope that you are savoring this thread. Cheers!

Sgt__Guffy #22 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1857 battles

View Postxtc4, on Dec 06 2017 - 20:29, said:

Dude, just play your arty and have fun. I'm not sure why you messaged that guy and why you are messaging us.

Maybe the drama is what is fun for you. If so, I hope that you are savoring this thread. Cheers!

No, I'm not sure why the OP messaged the guy. I wouldn't! But he did nevertheless, clearly not with hostile intentions, just as another player playing the game. I often message an enemy player to compliment them if they played well, as well as players on my own team. No one has to do it, but it is done out of courtesy and to promote better relations with fellow gamers. I see nothing wrong with that.

I guess there will always be people who see the worst in others actions, irrespective of what they do. It is a sad indictment of the world we live in.

Have fun, playing nicely.

Guffy.

Dirizon #23 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 03:58

Major

• Players
  • 26286 battles
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Dec 06 2017 - 22:18, said:

No, I'm not sure why the OP messaged the guy. I wouldn't! But he did nevertheless, clearly not with hostile intentions, just as another player playing the game. I often message an enemy player to compliment them if they played well, as well as players on my own team. No one has to do it, but it is done out of courtesy and to promote better relations with fellow gamers. I see nothing wrong with that.

I guess there will always be people who see the worst in others actions, irrespective of what they do. It is a sad indictment of the world we live in.

Have fun, playing nicely.

Guffy.

hostile intention and cheekiness, is determined by who reads not by who sends. No business at all doing so.

this was not done out of courtesy, respect, decency. It was done under the veil disguise of underhanded tactics, sneakiness, guile, and arrogance. Keep this crap to yourself. Especially if your typical results place you well beneath the person to whom you speak. You do not determine others reactions, do not to presume you do, and step over such bounds. Be quiet and continue doing whatever you do, at your subpar level.

And you don't play nice. You have fun. You may be* nice, but you don't play it. 

Dirizon #24 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 04:02

Major

• Players
  • 26286 battles
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_

Regardless of my methods, how l may or may not act, whatever kind of jerk I may see, and 

spiteful - a common trend is surfacing here. To which l am not the only one saying or supporting.

people agree here, that sending the msg is unnecessary, and very likely the problem to begin with. Keep your comments to yourself. Case closed

Tracer001 #25 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 04:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12489 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

Well said Guffy, sounds like someone got butt hurt by arty one too many times.

OP do yourself a favour, just turn off out of game messaging all together, its honestly not worth the negativity.  Although you will miss the GGs by team mates and some opponents, the game is filled with noob calling team mates who blame the team over and over.  Its a game, people need to relax.

And for the record, I used to absolutely hate arty.  Hated playing against it, and was bored to tears playing it.  But since the patch I love arty and I have 2 lines I am grinding now.  You can really help your team out end game.

Sgt__Guffy #26 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 04:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1857 battles

View PostDirizon, on Dec 06 2017 - 20:58, said:

hostile intention and cheekiness, is determined by who reads not by who sends. No business at all doing so.

this was not done out of courtesy, respect, decency. It was done under the veil disguise of underhanded tactics, sneakiness, guile, and arrogance. Keep this crap to yourself. Especially if your typical results place you well beneath the person to whom you speak. You do not determine others reactions, do not to presume you do, and step over such bounds. Be quiet and continue doing whatever you do, at your subpar level.

And you don't play nice. You have fun. You may be* nice, but you don't play it. 

That is a two way channel Sunshine, so you are aware of that. What you stated applies as much to you as anyone else who chooses to communicate by whatever means. 

You also still don't get it. I will never ever be quiet or keep "crap" to myself while bullying, elitist players like you are around. I will never ever back down, so get used to it!

You also do not know how I play and never will thankfully. 

This game is all about entertainment, for everybody, not just the elitist few!! You don't like the way the OP or I play, tough! 

I am here to stay, both in the game and on the forum and the fact you won't like that gives me more pleasure than you could ever know.

Have fun, no, not you, all the other nice players reading this.

Guffy.

Shortcult #27 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 05:48

Major

• Players
  • 31614 battles

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

This is applicable for the OP and several others.

Trigger_Happy_Jax #28 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 06:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32082 battles
  • [STK-R] STK-R

View Postcommander42, on Dec 06 2017 - 20:08, said:

OP your only mistake was messaging him after and expecting a human response.  There is no need to do a pre-emptive explanation there.  If he rages at you first then you can explain or laugh(or both..)

^^^ This.  Wait for them to come on to the forums to arty rage first.  Then pour salt all over his wounds, so we can all get a laugh next time.

I_QQ_4_U #29 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 08:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14583 battles
Who cares what he thinks, I love it when ragers PM me after games, brings a smile to my face that I made them that upset.

mrmojo #30 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 13:18

Captain

• Players
  • 18699 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
Not sure arty adds much value to the game.

Guido1212 #31 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 14:39

Major

• Players
  • 72843 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
You dropped 4K from the red line in complete safety and made multiple tanks play whack a mole as the moles.

Then you chased him to his garage and apologized which only served to remind an already irritated player that he could do not one single thing to stop it other than not press battle.

It’s a mystery why he was irritated.

Sprocket_Grease #32 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 15:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7332 battles

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Dec 06 2017 - 21:28, said:

Nurse! Nurse! Dirizon needs his Diazepam.

I think a Dulcolax chaser might loosen him up a bit, too.....followed closely by a Morphine drip for sedation.

BillT #33 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 15:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24751 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostTrauglodyte, on Dec 06 2017 - 19:47, said:

At the end of the match, which we won, I shot the player... a note telling him that I hoped that he didn't feel like I was singling him out 

Well, you asked for it.  No good could have come of that.   The only reason to message someone after a match is to tell him he played a good game.  Your side, the other side, doesn't matter.  Don't even message to sincerely apologize; if the guy is really angry he'll message you, and if he's not your message may just keep the wound open.

And you don't have to explain why you focused  fire on the most important target.   You know how mediocre players blame their bad games on hacks?   Some top players use XVM sniping the same way.  "It wasn't my fault I got killed, the other team was XVM sniping."

BillT #34 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 15:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24751 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostDirizon, on Dec 06 2017 - 20:47, said:

this player, manages a 48% WR, struggles to do anything really productive, and can still step into an arty and cause damage. Free damage, free from exposure and return fire. He can damage good and bad players alike, well outside his own skill bracket, that otherwise in tanks is incapable of intelligently dealing. 

Lighten up, Francis.

BillT #35 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 15:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24751 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostSpitYoYoMafia, on Dec 06 2017 - 21:17, said:

A lot of people like myself hate artillery to the point of tking them. Artillery is the only class in the game that gets actively tked and I wonder why that is.

Because of [edited]like you.

BillT #36 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 15:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24751 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostDirizon, on Dec 06 2017 - 22:02, said:

Regardless of my methods, how l may or may not act, whatever kind of jerk I may see, and 

spiteful - a common trend is surfacing here. To which l am not the only one saying or supporting.

people agree here, that sending the msg is unnecessary

That's not why everyone is attacking you.  It's all the other stuff you said in your posting that made you a target.  If you'd have left that arty-hating nonsense out we'd all agree with you.

Chalybos #37 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 17:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21685 battles

If you're sending someone a message after a battle, it had better be to either A: Recruit them, or B: compliment them.  Anything else?  Not needed, not wanted, and likely not going to be well received.  And this is regardless of class or skill level. 

SOB_Tenato #38 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 18:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19190 battles
Never apologize for killing someones red tank. That's the game is all about. As for within team armchair generals and XVM complainers I turned off teamchat. Its useless on a teambased game without any teams anyway, and distracting as never ever works for tactical deployment. Only [edited]and cursing in that thing. Also disable PM for players not on your friend list and any jerk who will try to send you love letters will have to swallow his anger :trollface:

Markd73 #39 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:28

Major

• Players
  • 28826 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

You did your job in the vehicle you were driving. Don't apologize for that. 

Just turn off incoming chat messages from people who are not on your friend list. Next step is don't send them a message either.

Problem solved.

pentium #40 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:59

Private

• Players
  • 3451 battles

View PostGuido1212, on Dec 07 2017 - 13:39, said:

You dropped 4K from the red line in complete safety and made multiple tanks play whack a mole as the moles.

Then you chased him to his garage and apologized which only served to remind an already irritated player that he could do not one single thing to stop it other than not press battle.

It’s a mystery why he was irritated.

Well put. OP comes off as a bit of a humblebrag by messaging the guy. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users