Jump to content


Meta league tanks


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

RC_1140 #1 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 06:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 53723 battles
  • 1,245
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013
Someone I know was considering getting into league stuff and wanted to know the current meta tanks. I kinda used to know but I'm pretty sure a lot has changed. So if people could list commonly used tanks and maybe a few that are situational, at least one in each class that would be great. Thanks in advance. 

hector1470 #2 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 07:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 31171 battles
  • 2,198
  • [R-7] R-7
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

Lights - 0

Mediums - Any RU med and Batchat

Heavies - SC, IS7, WZ5A anything basically

TDs - 103B, E3

Arties - All is the same; sky aids



dominator_98 #3 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 07:05

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14635 battles
  • 1,108
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

WZ 111 5A 

Obj 907

Batchat

Maus

50B

Strv

TVP

 

The only tier 10s you’ll ever need.



mereelskirata #4 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 07:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 47930 battles
  • 2,496
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

View Postdominator_98, on Dec 06 2017 - 22:05, said:

WZ 111 5A 

Obj 907

Batchat

Maus

50B

Strv

TVP

 

The only tier 10s you’ll ever need.

 

The 907 cannot be used in league play.

 

 

Useful tanks are:

 Heavies: S Conq, 113/5A, IS-7, Type 5, 50B, T57, Maus

 Mediums: Batchat, TVP

 TDs: E3, Strv, E4

 LTs: T100

 

And then some tanks that are sometimes used:

 

Foch B, Grille,  M48, 140, AMX 13 105.



RC_1140 #5 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 10:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 53723 battles
  • 1,245
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

Thanks for the replies guys (even the one saying 907 makes the list). Pretty much what I was expecting but a few surprises.

 

Oh, also I know reward tanks aren't allowed but are normal prems? I wouldn't think so but figured I'd ask. (assuming its still 68 points.)


Edited by RC_1140, Dec 07 2017 - 10:20.


shiil #6 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 12:10

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41902 battles
  • 220
  • [DV] DV
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011

View Postmereelskirata, on Dec 07 2017 - 06:47, said:

 

The 907 cannot be used in league play.

 

 

Useful tanks are:

 Heavies: S Conq, 113/5A, IS-7, Type 5, 50B, T57, Maus

 Mediums: Batchat, TVP

 TDs: E3, Strv, E4

 LTs: T100

 

And then some tanks that are sometimes used:

 

Foch B, Grille,  M48, 140, AMX 13 105.

In my opinion, E4 should be in the second list along with foch B, or maybe not even in any recommended list, bcz hat TD is garbage, sold it after playing over 400h battles in it and bought T30 back and never regretted. At least with T30 you can hulldown with the same fire power.



Jackson120 #7 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 12:43

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19510 battles
  • 625
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    03-29-2011
Also the german light as substitute for the t-100 for some teams. The 263 has been used occasionally on prokhorovka as well. Also the 9s used are wz-111-4, batchat 25t ap, amx 30, t-10, mauschen, and for 8s it's been the bc 12t, or another stealthy scout.

Awestryker #8 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 13:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 23764 battles
  • 2,236
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

View Postshiil, on Dec 07 2017 - 06:10, said:

In my opinion, E4 should be in the second list along with foch B, or maybe not even in any recommended list, bcz hat TD is garbage, sold it after playing over 400h battles in it and bought T30 back and never regretted. At least with T30 you can hulldown with the same fire power.

 

The E4 is used fairly frequently on certain maps in league play...just watch the videos...

 


Edited by Awestryker, Dec 07 2017 - 13:21.


mereelskirata #9 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 20:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 47930 battles
  • 2,496
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

View PostRC_1140, on Dec 07 2017 - 01:18, said:

Thanks for the replies guys (even the one saying 907 makes the list). Pretty much what I was expecting but a few surprises.

 

Oh, also I know reward tanks aren't allowed but are normal prems? I wouldn't think so but figured I'd ask. (assuming its still 68 points.)

 

League play is now 7/70.

View Postshiil, on Dec 07 2017 - 03:10, said:

In my opinion, E4 should be in the second list along with foch B, or maybe not even in any recommended list, bcz hat TD is garbage, sold it after playing over 400h battles in it and bought T30 back and never regretted. At least with T30 you can hulldown with the same fire power.

 

The E4 is extremely useful on some of the league maps.

View PostJackson120, on Dec 07 2017 - 03:43, said:

Also the german light as substitute for the t-100 for some teams. The 263 has been used occasionally on prokhorovka as well. Also the 9s used are wz-111-4, batchat 25t ap, amx 30, t-10, mauschen, and for 8s it's been the bc 12t, or another stealthy scout.

 

The Rhm Pz isn't really that useful in the current meta.

Edited by mereelskirata, Dec 07 2017 - 20:56.


muscles1 #10 Posted Today, 08:30 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33305 battles
  • 1,744
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    06-04-2012
I imagine the Badger could be used on Himmels quite effectively.

Fulcrous #11 Posted Today, 10:18 PM

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 29167 battles
  • 4,260
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

View Posthector1470, on Dec 06 2017 - 22:05, said:

Lights - 0

 

What?

T-100 (best active scout). Rhm, one of the few tanks that can abuse the new boosts and use its gun depression. The Rhm is, however, situational.

Virtually all the 10s are viable with exceptions to arty, the chinese TDs and lights, and E100.

This holds true in lower-level play.

 

For high-level play, it's more focused to those who excel in certain roles (i.e. Maus, E3, bat, 50b, etc) as mentioned by mereel.






11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users