Who wants Tier 6 and Tier 8 Clan Wars back

Tier 6 Tier 8 Clan wars

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Poll: Who wants Tier 6 And Tier 8 Clan Wars Back (105 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Who Wants Tier 6 And Tier 8 Clan Wars back

1. Yes bring them back (49 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. No do not bring them back (46 votes [43.81%])

Percentage of vote: 43.81%

3. Bring them back occasionally (10 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Hide poll

FredFlankstone #1 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 18:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7900 battles
  • [EXIL3] EXIL3
Is your clan a new clan looking to do clan wars but you don't have enough active people for tier ten or is your clan small looking to start and lower clan wars to progress up to tier ten well I'm the commander of a new clan and we are looking to do clan wars we will be built enough to do tier ten possibly but if we're not or say we don't have enough people on and we want to do clan wars what will we do ? Well I have put up a poll asking if u would like tier 6,8 clan wars to come back or come back occasionally me as a new clan commander I feel that tier 6 and Tier 8 clan wars should be brought back so new clans can do clan wars and not have to not participate in Clan Wars because wargaming feels that there should only be tier 10 Clan Wars at the moment when you Clans that are looking to do Clan Wars don't have enough people to do to your 10 every night or just have not as skilled players to be able to fight against top clans that will be doing Clan Wars so what do you think put a answer into the pole or comment or do both but tell me how you feel if they should be brought back or not I feel that they should do to new Clans and clans being built that are not able to do tier 10 Clan Wars at the moment

boysenbeary #2 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 18:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 19433 battles

Good post OP, but words of advice

Line spacing and punctuation ;)

dominator_98 #3 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 18:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14594 battles
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM

My opinions, previously posted elsewhere.

I've read and posted on a lot of CW related threads, so here's my opinion on the ideal CW scenario.

The need:

A good clan wars scene is essential to prolonging the survival of this game. People bond with their clanmates and keep coming back to the game to play with the friends they made. Friends can be made through skirmishes, but having a set time and a commitment to a CW schedule keeps people logging in every night. If CW is available and appealing to a larger amount of players, that means more players coming back every night.

The tiers:

Many feel that CW should be end-game content and tier 10 only. I'm fine with it being tier 10 only partly because I agree it should be endgame and partly because of the imbalanced premium tanks. With all the personal reserves flying around these days, the grind to tier 10 for those who want to participate has never been quicker. 

The format:

I personally like the scaling down of the 15, 10, and 7 man teams. This means players don't have to be part of a huge clan to participate, as managing and recruiting for a big clan is a lot of hard work. Being in a a big clan also makes you feel more anonymous and less important IMO. 

Another perk of having 7 and 10 man formats is that clans who want to grow to the full 15 will have an easier time recruiting. Players interested in CW today aren't going to join a clan that can't field a 15 man team, but if they could be part of a 7v7 in the meanwhile, they would be more willing to help the clan build. Payouts would be scaled like the old tier 6 and 8 maps were.

Having three divisions would allow lesser-skilled clans to get a little slice of the pie. Clans like D-DAY, MUG-W, and many more are on the map almost every night with server average players, but the top 20 clans are the ones who hold all the land. Having three separate formats with decreasing rewards allows more opportunities for the little guy to get something small for his efforts, with restrictions and payouts that encourage better clans to move up to the top level.

The restrictions:

To counter the clans that will inevitably try to just farm the "easy" map, limit clans to holding a certain number of provinces at a time (4-6 would be ideal IMO). If your clan feels the need to hold more than that, its time to move up a format. Also, after three days a province should stop giving income to discourage clans from just sitting on land. 

Also, ditch all this bonds crap, nobody asked for it and nobody wants it.

JOSEPHINEISH #4 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 18:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19583 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

I think it would be great tier X is not end content  just another tier.Tier X is not what it used to be if you cant carry might as well not even bother becuase just getting some kills and contributing more than youre fair share isnt enough since 9.18.

I know I  keep harping about 9.18 and how bad an update it was and what its done to MM but it absolutely has ruined tier X on the central server.

The reasons I just stated is why they should have tier vi and tier viii CWs. Guys aren't running Xs like they used to and it would grow clans and I'm  sure my clan would benefit.

DREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS #5 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 18:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33056 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO
Clan Wars should be reserved for end game content (tier 10).  There are stronghold detachments for beginners clans to be active in.  In the past iterations there were too many large and higher skill clans, and their subclans, on the tier 6 global map.  If they did bring it back I'd hope they limit it to smaller clans (less than 50 members) or reduce gold being earned using ELO ranking to limit gold farming and seal clubbing.  

dominator_98 #6 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 18:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14594 battles
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM

View PostDREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS, on Dec 07 2017 - 11:46, said:

Clan Wars should be reserved for end game content (tier 10).  There are stronghold detachments for beginners clans to be active in.  In the past iterations there were too many large and higher skill clans, and their subclans, on the tier 6 global map.  If they did bring it back I'd hope they limit it to smaller clans (less than 50 members) or reduce gold being earned using ELO ranking to limit gold farming and seal clubbing.  

Agreed. There needs to be strict anti-clubbing measures if they bring t6 back, or even if they introduce my idea of a 7v7 tier 10 front.

DREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS #7 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 18:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33056 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

View Postdominator_98, on Dec 07 2017 - 11:36, said:

My opinions, previously posted elsewhere.

I've read and posted on a lot of CW related threads, so here's my opinion on the ideal CW scenario.

The need:

A good clan wars scene is essential to prolonging the survival of this game. People bond with their clanmates and keep coming back to the game to play with the friends they made. Friends can be made through skirmishes, but having a set time and a commitment to a CW schedule keeps people logging in every night. If CW is available and appealing to a larger amount of players, that means more players coming back every night.

The tiers:

Many feel that CW should be end-game content and tier 10 only. I'm fine with it being tier 10 only partly because I agree it should be endgame and partly because of the imbalanced premium tanks. With all the personal reserves flying around these days, the grind to tier 10 for those who want to participate has never been quicker. 

The format:

I personally like the scaling down of the 15, 10, and 7 man teams. This means players don't have to be part of a huge clan to participate, as managing and recruiting for a big clan is a lot of hard work. Being in a a big clan also makes you feel more anonymous and less important IMO. 

Another perk of having 7 and 10 man formats is that clans who want to grow to the full 15 will have an easier time recruiting. Players interested in CW today aren't going to join a clan that can't field a 15 man team, but if they could be part of a 7v7 in the meanwhile, they would be more willing to help the clan build. Payouts would be scaled like the old tier 6 and 8 maps were.

Having three divisions would allow lesser-skilled clans to get a little slice of the pie. Clans like D-DAY, MUG-W, and many more are on the map almost every night with server average players, but the top 20 clans are the ones who hold all the land. Having three separate formats with decreasing rewards allows more opportunities for the little guy to get something small for his efforts, with restrictions and payouts that encourage better clans to move up to the top level.

The restrictions:

To counter the clans that will inevitably try to just farm the "easy" map, limit clans to holding a certain number of provinces at a time (4-6 would be ideal IMO). If your clan feels the need to hold more than that, its time to move up a format. Also, after three days a province should stop giving income to discourage clans from just sitting on land. 

Also, ditch all this bonds crap, nobody asked for it and nobody wants it.

^^  I agree with all of this  ^^

FredFlankstone #8 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7900 battles
  • [EXIL3] EXIL3
^^^^^^ I agree but tier 6 and should come back but limit how many provinces

the_dude_76 #9 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30418 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostDREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS, on Dec 07 2017 - 17:46, said:

Clan Wars should be reserved for end game content (tier 10).   

How is tier 10 considered "end game content" when anyone with a deep wallet can just buy a few premium tier 8s and basically free exp their way down one line to tier 10?

BattlecryGWJ #10 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 33326 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
Where's the option to go back to CW 1.0?

_Promote_Synergy_ #11 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 14003 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 07 2017 - 18:03, said:

How is tier 10 considered "end game content" when anyone with a deep wallet can just buy a few premium tier 8s and basically free exp their way down one line to tier 10?

You can just grind out a tank line and not waste any money... holy cow that is so hard right? 

Bavor #12 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:32

Major

• Players
  • 28675 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 07 2017 - 13:03, said:

It takes 700,000+ XP to get from tier 1 to the IS-7 at tier 10.  If you earn 700,000 free XP and convert it, that requires 28,000 gold at the normal rate of 25 XP per unit of gold and 20,000 gold at the "sale" rate of 35 XP per unit of gold.

A new player playing a tier 8 premium isn't going to do well, so they won't earn a high quantity of XP in a tier 8 premium.  It will take them 1,000-2,000+ battles to grind the free XP for a tier 10 in a tier 8 premium tank.

There is the cost of the tier 8 premium tank at $35-$55 without a bundle and the cost of the gold, which will be $80 to $115, not including the cost of the premium account.  Therefore, it will cost you at least $115 and 80-160+ hours of game play to get one tier 10 tank with free xp.

Sure you can free XP to a tier 10, but the time and costs aren't worth it to an overwhelming majority of players, especially new players.

For experienced players its still end game content because using free XP and a tier 8 premium tank is just speeding up the process.  Wargaming has said before they sell things such as premium tanks and premium accounts to speed up the process of progression and crew training.

IndygoEEI #13 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:35

Major

• Players
  • 49312 battles

While T6 and T8 were fine and all, it eventually became an excuse for clans to not get their

crap together and move up a division.  And if you don't have your crap together, then you

don't need to be playing clan wars.  My statement has none at all to very little with skill.  Sure

you can be an awesome clan with 60% WR average trouncing every clan below you with

bad calling and teamwork, but at the end of the day it won't save you from G (Reference to

Purple Dawn Wars).  A well put together and maintained clan will do a hell of lot better then

just anyone who "pubs" it and thinks that's all needed.

FredFlankstone #14 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7900 battles
  • [EXIL3] EXIL3
See what I'm saying is Clan Wars at tier 6 and 8 should be brought back due to Clans that are new and there should be certain amount of provinces a Clank and hold at a time there should not be like gorillas used to do like 20 provinces at the same time no there should be a set amount of provinces you are allowed to hold at TR6 and tr8 new Clans that have not produced very well yes and have not gathered up very well need to have a way to work together and try to do stuff skirmishes or not all that that much of skill you need Clan Wars is a little bit more

Devildog8 #15 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:52

Major

• Players
  • 9377 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View PostDREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS, on Dec 07 2017 - 11:46, said:

there are advances for tier 10 as well so your stronghold theory holds no water, and on your seal clubbing clans, I find it funny the seal clubbing clans are the ones protesting tier 6 and 8 CWs, but as soon as they pop, there they are, if they made a tier 10 clan wars according to clan PR that would be good, I know the whole get gud stupid comment. but most lower clans with the ability to bring in a team to it, just cant compete with the higher based clans, so they just give up and then its a farm fest for the top clans to see who can own more land then anyone else, you want tier 10? then compete in tier 10, the lower skilled clan should be able to compete in 6s and 8s, oh yeah end game?  no it isnt, its just another mode in this game like anything else.

Clickez4Fun #16 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 30602 battles

CW is endgame content(tier 10). Having it at tier 6 & 8, keeps players from grinding up the lines.

If it is ever implemented again, the payout should be silver only. NO GOLD payout for the minor leagues.  

the_dude_76 #17 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30418 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Dec 07 2017 - 18:29, said:

You can just grind out a tank line and not waste any money... holy cow that is so hard right? 

No, it's not hard, it's all I've ever done. Yes, I caught the sarcasm. No, I don't know what your response has to do with my comment. 

the_dude_76 #18 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30418 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostBavor, on Dec 07 2017 - 18:32, said:

It takes 700,000+ XP to get from tier 1 to the IS-7 at tier 10.  If you earn 700,000 free XP and convert it, that requires 28,000 gold at the normal rate of 25 XP per unit of gold and 20,000 gold at the "sale" rate of 35 XP per unit of gold.

A new player playing a tier 8 premium isn't going to do well, so they won't earn a high quantity of XP in a tier 8 premium.  It will take them 1,000-2,000+ battles to grind the free XP for a tier 10 in a tier 8 premium tank.

There is the cost of the tier 8 premium tank at $35-$55 without a bundle and the cost of the gold, which will be $80 to $115, not including the cost of the premium account.  Therefore, it will cost you at least $115 and 80-160+ hours of game play to get one tier 10 tank with free xp.

Sure you can free XP to a tier 10, but the time and costs aren't worth it to an overwhelming majority of players, especially new players.

That's all well and good but we both know that it happens nonetheless.

Devildog8 #19 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 9377 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View PostIndygoEEI, on Dec 07 2017 - 12:35, said:

While T6 and T8 were fine and all, it eventually became an excuse for clans to not get their

crap together and move up a division.  And if you don't have your crap together, then you

don't need to be playing clan wars.  My statement has none at all to very little with skill.  Sure

you can be an awesome clan with 60% WR average trouncing every clan below you with

bad calling and teamwork, but at the end of the day it won't save you from G (Reference to

Purple Dawn Wars).  A well put together and maintained clan will do a hell of lot better then

just anyone who "pubs" it and thinks that's all needed.

That is sure a whole lot of speculation on your part sir, saying that clan use it not to try and improve, or climb up from 6s to 8s then to 10s, we won season 5 tier 6s in 5D now were gearing for tier 8s in season 8, then we will hit the tier 10 map in season 9, I do agree that some clans have this mentality, and its their right to do so, but I think most use the lower tier CWs to home skills and learning to work the map for the tier 10 map

Devildog8 #20 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 19:57

Major

• Players
  • 9377 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View PostClickez4Fun, on Dec 07 2017 - 12:53, said:

CW is endgame content(tier 10). Having it at tier 6 & 8, keeps players from grinding up the lines.

If it is ever implemented again, the payout should be silver only. NO GOLD payout for the minor leagues.  

WRONG!!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users