• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Agentt_Orange #41 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 04:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21902 battles
  • [F_B_P] F_B_P

View PostGunadie, on Dec 07 2017 - 20:56, said:

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PRODUCE NEW PUB MAPS ?

The last map you added was 2 years ago and players were clamoring for new maps way before then

Since that time you have added a new 30 VS 30 maps and now with Klondick this will be 2, before the Pub gets any!

When are you going to start adding new maps to this stale game???

I don't believe WG will add maps anytime soon.  Maps don't generate $$ in their eyes.. only new premium tanks.  When WG realizes that the staleness of the game and current maps would go away with new maps and a good map rotation, players buying premium time (a.k.a. cash flow) + players referring friends to play = $$ for WG, then they will create new maps or bring back maps they revamped to give them balance (remember Pearl River???).  

maiingun #42 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 13:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27026 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN

View PostAgentt_Orange, on Dec 10 2017 - 22:06, said:

I don't believe WG will add maps anytime soon.  Maps don't generate $$ in their eyes.. only new premium tanks.  When WG realizes that the staleness of the game and current maps would go away with new maps and a good map rotation, players buying premium time (a.k.a. cash flow) + players referring friends to play = $$ for WG, then they will create new maps or bring back maps they revamped to give them balance (remember Pearl River???).  

Sadly, I have to agree with you.  

Also, at this point, I would be happy some of those old maps, good or bad, just for variety.   Even Pearl River.

Bytr #43 Posted Dec 12 2017 - 15:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9442 battles

I've played the Klondike map somewhere between 10-20 times on central test.  The map looks great but I haven't had much fun playing it. I understand it's a large map and it will take a lot more than 20 games to even begin to understand how to play, but it also seems like no matter which area of the map I'm playing, I eventually get rekt by enemies I never see (even with 500m vr) from all directions.  So I'm tempted to find a concealed spot and camp hard, which is boring and no fun at all.  Also, it seems like there are many more smaller battles going on compared to the regular maps, and it doesn't really matter if you win your area if your team doesn't win most of the others.  On the smaller maps you can watch the mini-map and see when the other flanks need help and flex from a stronger flank to help the weaker side. On Klondike calls for help from different areas just get lost in all the noise and I have yet to be able to move from a battle we are winning to another part of the map without being rekt long distance by camping TDs.

I think I would like the new Klondike map more if there were more terrain features that would allow multiple approaches to critical battle areas that the opposing team would have to scout in order to not be surprised by a flank attack.

dunniteowl #44 Posted Dec 12 2017 - 16:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 18786 battles

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Dec 07 2017 - 13:04, said:

I don't get why they had to hire an outside firm to develop this mode. It's not really a new game mode, just a bigger map with more tanks.

I'm not complaining about the mode, personally I prefer this over some funky mode with respawns and such. I just think WG was hoping this would be something new, but ended up with just a "grander" version of the existing pub mode.

They needed people with better coding skills for making maps that don't hog resources.  They explained it all back when they were talking about releasing the HD maps and the larger maps.  They brought in an outside team to help them code it so that, while the maps have more detail and are larger, they don't take up any more overhead in terms of resources for all of us.  It was reported that if you can run the game now, then you can run it when the HD maps and new features drop also.

That's why they brought in an outside team -- and you should be thankful for that.  They recognized their own limitations and sought outside help -- and succeeded.

GL, HF & HSYBF

SuzumiTamao #45 Posted Dec 12 2017 - 23:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 27093 battles
  • [ORDER] ORDER

Yeah is cool. But please give more bonds D:

fampi97 #46 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 00:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 20531 battles
  • [PAPUS] PAPUS
when will be release the patch on NA server?

philip30 #47 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 16:02

Private

• Players
  • 1329 battles
just saw the klondike map and it looks awesome , finally a map from canada. 

Demon_Hunter #48 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 22:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 21875 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
This map bares a striking resemblance to one of the maps on blitz. Disappointing. Instead of focusing so much on grand battles and hd maps, give us a whole new set of 2 or 3 maps for main pubbie gameplay. I have sandbox access, and while the new hd maps look incredible, they're still the same old maps. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users