• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

xrays_ #21 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 21:28

Major

• Players
  • 43897 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View Post3RiversRegt, on Dec 07 2017 - 14:29, said:

Because to many many many players that play tier X with cheating add-ons.

And here we have another example of why you should stay in school... Congratulations!

x.

rich73 #22 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 44807 battles

View PostSlim_Shadee, on Dec 07 2017 - 09:56, said:

Actually not much to like except a new map is great. But placed in a restricted format that is difficult to get into doesn't excite me at all it a BIG MEH. Grand Battles concept doesn't work as the map is to large for the expanded teams to work well with each other it turns into three mini battles.  Tanks lack the speed to respond to battle flow quickly. Doesn't work IMO so waste of a new map.

W G doesnt really know what they are doing.They try things and then try to decipher feedback.And there is where the problem is ,in their deciphering.

tod914 #23 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 22:21

Major

• Players
  • 51219 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS
Nice map.  Reminiscent of Severogorsk.   One that never should of been pulled.

maiingun #24 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 22:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27026 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN

Rant mode / nitpick mode =ON

I love how WG calls  the Klondike " North American wilderness!"   Um, the Klondike is Canadian.   Very, Very, very Canadian.  It is part of our national psyche, our national identity  here in Canada.

Put it this way - calling the Klondike " part of  North America" while technically correct,  is also kinda like calling Gettysburg "part of the North American landscape" or calling Mount Fuji "part of the Asian landscape" or calling the Pyramids "part of the African landscape", and so on, and so on. 

WG must have a real mental block when it comes to Canada.  Quite honestly, I think it is because we have a huge Ukrainian population here in Canada, and the Ukrainians and the Russians don't care much for each other.  But I digress.

Anyhow, as a Canadian proud of that part of our country, and our national identity, welcome to the Klondike.

:)

Rant mode = OFF

PS - if you want to "get Canadian", start here  :)

https://www.poetryfo...on-of-sam-mcgee

thandiflight #25 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 22:54

Major

• Players
  • 72696 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
"Hey guise, here's a new map for a game mode nobody really plays because cancer and turning off game mode. You need to play this game mode to earn bonds so you can afford to buy the tank you earned in the latest clan wars campaign or RIP you. Here at Wargaming we like to do things that costs players more and promotes the sales of cr*ptanks for $$$. We hope we have a really good holiday season and f*ck you. Wargaming."

BLEW_U_UP #26 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 23:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23026 battles
  • [1STCA] 1STCA
How about some new maps ? Not grand battle maps !

GaussDeath #27 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 23:10

Captain

• Players
  • 52143 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postmaiingun, on Dec 07 2017 - 14:44, said:

I love how WG calls  the Klondike " North American wilderness!"   Um, the Klondike is Canadian.   Very, Very, very Canadian.  It is part of our national psyche, our national identity  here in Canada.

Put it this way - calling the Klondike " part of  North America" while technically correct,  is also kinda like calling Gettysburg "part of the North American landscape" or calling Mount Fuji "part of the Asian landscape" or calling the Pyramids "part of the African landscape", and so on, and so on. 

WG must have a real mental block when it comes to Canada.  Quite honestly, I think it is because we have a huge Ukrainian population here in Canada, and the Ukrainians and the Russians don't care much for each other.  But I digress.

Anyhow, as a Canadian proud of that part of our country, and our national identity, welcome to the Klondike.

Rant mode = OFF

Uhhh, isn't Canada IN North America? :P

65Camino #28 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 23:19

Captain

• Players
  • 28398 battles
  • [2CMBG] 2CMBG

View Postmaiingun, on Dec 07 2017 - 21:44, said:

Rant mode = OFF

Indeed, the Klondike and the associated gold rush thereof, is located in the Yukon, however, the vast majority of gold miners accessed this area via Alaska and the Chilkoot or White Passes. As a Ukrainian Canadian, I can agree there may be some animosity towards Russians. I would likely have some had my great-great grandparents not fled the Caucasus before the Austro-Hungarian invasion of the late 1800's.

thandiflight #29 Posted Dec 07 2017 - 23:41

Major

• Players
  • 72696 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostGaussDeath, on Dec 07 2017 - 22:10, said:

Uhhh, isn't Canada IN North America? :P

Shhhhhhh. The Americans might find out.

01LT #30 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 00:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 24046 battles
Whats the problem that we cant simply get  new maps for the masses? Just simply make a map for all tiers not just tier X. Make the maps put it in rotation and let us play them the way we want. Stop making all these 1 tactic either climb the hill or funnel though some corridor. What I would love to see more maps based on OBSTICAL's no dead space full on grid type not a map where 70-80% of the players on it in every game end up in 1 general area like top of a hill you know what maps im talking about dont think i have to name them, while rest of map is virtually barren. I hear and im sure im not the only one all they want is old maps back I say there gone, ok MAKE A NEW ONE. I hate seeing the same o tactic ever game and people claiming lite must go here and heavies must go there. Its not where a certain type of tank goes in the map its the help it gets when it goes that way.  I like being unexpected taking a heavy places you think they should not go and i get my exp, kills and credits all the same. furthermore i had to turn my GB mode off was getting it way too much and hated matches with so many same o OP tanks just  camping and sniping at distance and ending match not making much money at all. not all  tier X tanks are equal in case you didn't know and please get the PHYSICS on the map right i have seen invisible walls small rocks and little mounds of rubble that you know you should be able to traverse but cant. Small inclines that you should be able to climb but cant and more steep ones that you can and shouldn't be able to. what ever happen to the option to push train cars. I would like to also see movable vehicles  not just roll over them and more destructible buildings. yeah a player dies and you can move that scrap why not the other scrap in game. and a tow option like a tank can join together and drag or push slower tanks . make it our choice.just thought of something that would be fun a full on forest map no long distance site just radar and SMALL rolling hills.

Edited by 01LT, Dec 08 2017 - 01:27.

chuckwaggon #31 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 01:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 32019 battles

It was interesting to play the two maps,I've spent a lot of time on the common test, and learning where to go on them to be effective was fun but I got bored very quickly. They are both strong corridor maps that forces teams to always do the same things every battle. After awhile, the most interesting thing is to watch all the team killing. I've been TKed only once but in a run of 23 games someone on my team TKed 18 times. The new badger is good to play but I stopped that line at the AT2. I could in no way even think of grinding those other ATs, shoot me now, so too bad me for the badger. The maps are fun, something new is always welcome, but it would be nice if WGing could devise maps that are random ie

no corridors just field of play. I would not have any idea how to do that, so I will end there. chuckwaggon Canada

tod914 #32 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 02:40

Major

• Players
  • 51219 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS
What ever happened to that Berlin map?  

JTM78 #33 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 09:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17349 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
I was really looking forward to playing on the is map till it was changed! Too much cover was added. This map is nothing but yet another CORRIDOR map, that screws over any class that depends on view range or flanking to be worth a count. I am getting so tired of WoT turning out the same BS maps with new skins on them. For every CORRIDOR map made their should be a map wide open made, so all the heavies or hull down mediums know how every other class in the game feels. WoT it is time to stop making CORRIDOR maps and start doing something better or continue to lose customers/players!

YANKEE137 #34 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 14:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6804 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Do yourselves and us players a favor and drop it in the regular rotation.

UTurnTerminator #35 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 15:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7232 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V
Any new map is good for the game. A new map that's also gigantic and diverse? Even better! :great:

lukecis #36 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 16:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 10486 battles
please let more than just tier 10 play this mode!

tod914 #37 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 17:10

Major

• Players
  • 51219 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS

View Postlukecis, on Dec 08 2017 - 10:37, said:

please let more than just tier 10 play this mode!

An all tier 8 Grand Battle mode would be rather enjoyable.

UnitG2 #38 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 18:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25889 battles

The map looks fantastic!

I dont know if things have changed, but generally tier 10 used to be full of statpadding re-rolls spamming gold and taking the game way to seriously.

If thats still the case I say bring the map down to the fun zone that is the gong show I call WoT.

Trinity63 #39 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 22:07

Private

• Players
  • 16159 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

always nice to see any new maps in the game tier 10 only or not, it seems to be a well rounded map good for all types of tanks.  Thanks to the developers and good job.

Trinity63

Trop_Crane #40 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 10:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 17936 battles
  • [GWAII] GWAII
When is the update dropping out. Anyone has an idea?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users