• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

tanopasman62 #41 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 16:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 14344 battles

View PostShortcult, on Dec 11 2017 - 16:05, said:

Higher ping, but hey, that's expected.

Toxic, but not NA toxic.  NA toxicity is near unmeasurable.

More in match communication about the match.  That was stunning.  

In a better world, no one would be forced into having to put up with the ego's of the snowflakes on NA.  LATAM server is the first decent move on WG's part since reducing arty to five per side.  Is there hope?

Not for NA, karma I am sure has an insidious plan for NA.

Yeah seeing actual battle relevant chat amazed me.

The problem is usually with heavy tanks, some lose awareness on their sorroundings and stay still because they want to kill a single enemy, others are too scared of being shot and don't push... your best bet is platoon with friends so you can ensure yourself at least one or two competent teammates.

Isola_di_Fano #42 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 17:03

Major

• Players
  • 19893 battles
This looks like fun, let' try it.

Blackstone #43 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 17:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10084 battles
  • [-AK-] -AK-

View PostSGT_Ronson_1, on Dec 08 2017 - 13:27, said:

ended up there by accident today,   complete windowlickers

I had to lead the push as a heavy AND go back and cover cap

then 

i had a whole team camp 50 meters from spawn and DO NOTHING BUT YELL at each other

At least the scout tank didn't try to YOLO every time to the enemy cap and then yell "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!" when getting there.:trollface:

shaggy996 #44 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 18:35

Captain

• Players
  • 39557 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
It puts me there some times. When I dont notice and play a game or two its like the old west server, heavies camping in the back etc.

SteelRonin #45 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22233 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO
Every server with brazilian gamers will be a bad one...

LOL_i_CLICKED_u #46 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24925 battles
When I accidentally played on there, I noticed the players didn't suck as much as the average North American baby camper, and they didn't complain either(or may be it was because I couldn't understand them lol). It was great! Too bad the ping sucked compared to U.S.

I_QQ_4_U #47 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14583 battles
I didn't even know there was a new server, got auto connected to it I guess and took me three days, maybe 100 battles(for all you one battle wonders) to notice I was on a new server. Due to the time I play after work I seem to play with a lot of people from SA so while I did notice a little more Spanish/Portuguese being used I didn't think anything of it, the thing that made me notice I wasn't on the NA server was the ping which while bad didn't seem to effect my game much. Noticed no difference in game play and chat was much less toxic, was nice not having to hear some racist ahole spouting off every time he died. Can only remember one person say anything negative about me using English.

agtdetructor #48 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 20:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10712 battles
LATAM server ??, More good "South server", the ping is only good for Brazil, Chile, Argentina and more southern countries, I live in Colombia and the ping is 300ms the same goes for Venezuela, Ecuador and even part of Peru, and the gameplay is the same as in NA but the good thing is that there is no X

WhiteyTheSubmariner #49 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 20:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11251 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

View PostxSzikll, on Dec 07 2017 - 22:14, said:

Just as cancerous as the Central server, glad they don't have xenophobic players there.

Are you smart enough to even know what xenophobic means? I think your version is far and away from the actual definition. 

Pro_Tomato #50 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 977 battles
The couple of games I had on that server by accident were similar to people’s here. Constant chat spam and everyone camping. 

Icon_Charlie #51 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14184 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

View PostSteelRonin, on Dec 11 2017 - 10:08, said:

Every server with brazilian gamers will be a bad one...

Proven by actual studies.  Better not say anything more or Da man with the green text will be spouting out annoying and incorrect stats so he can be good at something... like having over 6 thousand stars on his nick. An over aged Kindergartener .  In certain sectors of the entertainment industry we used to call those types of people (besides fanbois, white knights, mole heads, etc) air thieves...

However by experience I will have to defend many of the other Latin American Countries, such as Argentina and Chile, simply because they tend to be a little more serous in the game... at least the larger clans does.  So I feel sorry for them having to deal with the huehuehue and jajajaja crap over on that server.

SenaKashiwazaki #52 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11047 battles
  • [4SAKN] 4SAKN

View Posttanopasman62, on Dec 07 2017 - 16:15, said:

The only time I got shot by a teammate was an accident, what did you say?

I didn't say anything to him.... 

SenaKashiwazaki #53 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11047 battles
  • [4SAKN] 4SAKN

View Posttrondd, on Dec 07 2017 - 16:58, said:

I accidentally connected once. Was told to stop speaking English and get the f**k back to my own server

Exactly the words said to me.

BillT #54 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 23:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24751 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostSenaKashiwazaki, on Dec 07 2017 - 15:52, said:

What do you guys think of the LATAM server?

Not bad.  The first day it went live I played a dozen games there before I noticed that unusual amount of Spanish in game chat and figured it out.   I also accidentally went there on a second occasion.

Maybe it was angry chat, but since I pay so little attention to it anyway, I wouldn't have noticed even my command of  Spanish went further than "una cerveza, por favor."  Illiteracy is the ultimate profanity filter.

I didn't check the ping, but I didn't notice any difference in gameplay even though it must be higher than my ping to US Central.

I did notice that it took longer to get matches - 30 to 40 seconds was typical.  Considering the population was  only about 3500 people, I thought that was pretty good; it's encouraging to think that if US Central ever sank that far in population, the MM would still be tolerable.

When I noticed I was on LATAM, I immediately thought, "Oh, that explains some of the awful blowout matches I've had."  Then I switched over to US Central, and it was worse.  So quality of play on LATAM was OK.

tanopasman62 #55 Posted Yesterday, 01:18 AM

Major

• -Players-
  • 14344 battles

View PostIcon_Charlie, on Dec 11 2017 - 22:03, said:

Proven by actual studies.  Better not say anything more or Da man with the green text will be spouting out annoying and incorrect stats so he can be good at something... like having over 6 thousand stars on his nick. An over aged Kindergartener .  In certain sectors of the entertainment industry we used to call those types of people (besides fanbois, white knights, mole heads, etc) air thieves...

However by experience I will have to defend many of the other Latin American Countries, such as Argentina and Chile, simply because they tend to be a little more serous in the game... at least the larger clans does.  So I feel sorry for them having to deal with the huehuehue and jajajaja crap over on that server.

While there might be some good Brazilian players, they clearly don't join CABRA, having a platoon of these on your team is an indicator that you will most likely lose the match.

Yesterday I had a Brazilian guy on my team, his stats completely sucked, yet when my T37 and his A-20 found ourselves against a Thunderbolt, I asked him to follow me and proceeded to explain to him that we would need to flank him because we couldn't pen him, we turned around, killed his teammates and then proceeded to swarm this Thunderbolt.

Or rather, this guy proceeded to take one for the team, get behind him and win the match for us.

Sometimes, and only sometimes, nice things happen on that server, some others you'll have CABRA apes pushing you into enemy fire.

Edited by tanopasman62, Yesterday, 01:18 AM.

SteelRonin #56 Posted Yesterday, 02:47 AM

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22233 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

View PostIcon_Charlie, on Dec 11 2017 - 17:03, said:

ahhaha that guy with green text, hahahaha.........that guy only tries to win with his answers.......at least he answers better than he plays.

Greetings from Chile.

Mudman24 #57 Posted Yesterday, 03:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 36280 battles

I enjoy it but occasionally the ping gets too high for me. Amazingly I find more chat about game strategy on that sever with 3 languages being spoken than on the Central server. I have also never had any hostility but I also try to speak Spanish when I’m there.

2nd game there I got carried by a Brazilian who got 9 kills in a tier 10 match. 

shaggy996 #58 Posted Yesterday, 06:39 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 39557 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

View PostMudman24, on Dec 11 2017 - 18:53, said:

I enjoy it but occasionally the ping gets too high for me. Amazingly I find more chat about game strategy on that sever with 3 languages being spoken than on the Central server. I have also never had any hostility but I also try to speak Spanish when I’m there.

2nd game there I got carried by a Brazilian who got 9 kills in a tier 10 match. 

Funny I seem to remember a post or a few where you were talking about being excited to play on it since it would be close to you and good ping.

Mudman24 #59 Posted Yesterday, 12:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 36280 battles

View Postshaggy996, on Dec 11 2017 - 23:39, said:

Funny I seem to remember a post or a few where you were talking about being excited to play on it since it would be close to you and good ping.

Must have been someone else. I’m in NA. 

Also tagged with LATAM, SERVER, HELL

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users