• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

TRK213_Turkey #61 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 20:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5875 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostJunkalunka, on Dec 09 2017 - 19:34, said:

I am usually bottom tier in my type 64 and yet have 2900 wn8 in the tank, your argument is null. Across the battlefield there are just as many bottom tier players as there are on your team, read the map better, smoke out those bottom tier players and support against the top tier enemies.

My initial "argument", if you want to call it that, was that in the 864 multi-tier matches I had tracked I was bottom tier 73% of the time which is more than one would expect from a 3/5/7 model.  Which part of my "argument" does your success in the Type 64 (a tank that many say is OP) make null?  Do you have numbers to quantify "usually bottom tier"?  I also clearly stated that there were "underdog" players on both sides.  And, absolutely, there are sometimes tactics that you can use to deal with the situation.  But the fact that you do well in the Type 64, there are multiple underdogs and potential offsetting tactics does not mean that I didn't see 73% bottom tier over my 864 battles or that the multi-tier system does not result in imbalanced material situations or that unbalance is not detrimental to a PvP game.

Junkalunka #62 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 20:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8122 battles
  • [VENUM] VENUM

View PostTRK213_Turkey, on Dec 09 2017 - 20:40, said:

My initial "argument", if you want to call it that, was that in the 864 multi-tier matches I had tracked I was bottom tier 73% of the time which is more than one would expect from a 3/5/7 model.  Which part of my "argument" does your success in the Type 64 (a tank that many say is OP) make null?  Do you have numbers to quantify "usually bottom tier"?  I also clearly stated that there were "underdog" players on both sides.  And, absolutely, there are sometimes tactics that you can use to deal with the situation.  But the fact that you do well in the Type 64, there are multiple underdogs and potential offsetting tactics does not mean that I didn't see 73% bottom tier over my 864 battles or that the multi-tier system does not result in imbalanced material situations or that unbalance is not detrimental to a PvP game.

I don't understand what is bad about being bottom tier in the first place. You realize it can amount to more XP and silver right? And if you make a mistake as a bottom tier player, you are more likely to get carried to a win than if you fail at playing top tier. Whereas if you excel as a bottom tier player, you can really make a huge difference in the course of the battle, because that's an extra gun augmenting the top tier firepower.

Edited by Junkalunka, Dec 09 2017 - 20:47.

TRK213_Turkey #63 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 21:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5875 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostJunkalunka, on Dec 09 2017 - 20:45, said:

I don't understand what is bad about being bottom tier in the first place. You realize it can amount to more XP and silver right? And if you make a mistake as a bottom tier player, you are more likely to get carried to a win than if you fail at playing top tier. Whereas if you excel as a bottom tier player, you can really make a huge difference in the course of the battle, because that's an extra gun augmenting the top tier firepower.

I see two things that make bottom tier bad...

First, one of the arguments I have seen put forth in favor of a 3/5/7 system is that you would get a "fair share" of bottom tier and top tier battles under the model.  I seem to be seeing bottom tier far more often than the 47% 3/5/7 would suggest.  Although I can sometimes cope very well the numbers indicate that the system is not working as advertised.

Second, as I have mentioned elsewhere in this thread, being routinely shot up by tanks more powerful than yours is bad in a PvP environment.  That can lead new players to conclude that the game is not properly balanced for PvP and drive them away.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users