131 replies to this topic

sergeantmine09 #41 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 21:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11938 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostxSzikll, on Dec 08 2017 - 16:16, said:

All the murican sky cancer is OP as f*ck :/

Btw the best sky cancer is the dead sky cancer.

You do realize that the Dev's are laughing at people like you right?

Komitadjie #42 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 21:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1608 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
I like the M44, Bert, and the GW Panther.  I've progressed to the GW Tiger P and the M-12, neither feels as good as the piece that proceeded it.  Still slowly working up the lines, I intend to end up with both 10s eventually.  So far, I think the M44 is my favourite, for the combination of speed, reload, acceptable accuracy, and decent damage for tier.  Bert would be by FAR my favourite if it did any actual damage.  Even tracking is chancy, given the basically zero splash and very low damage on a direct hit.  

WhineMaker #43 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 21:20

Major

• Players
  • 31517 battles

M53/55 - my favorite. Good mobility, turret(good aiming arc as well), effective damage and splash, kinda slow aim time

Obj 261 - needs more ammo(consistently run out, especially in grand battles), but the 25 second reload at tier 10 makes me SMILE. This arty can make it rain. Quick aim time, low arc, good accuracy(I miss the AP SO MUCH), decent mobility

CGC - can make the most of the maps with tall cover. The high arc, heavy hits(after 9.18 this is severely diminished), poor mobility, decent aiming arc

155 58 - an auto loader(enough said), good mobility, good accuracy, 360* turret, did I say autoloader(?), low damage per shot(the stun can be VERY effective though)

T92HMC - biggest boom remaining(after the 9.18 nerf), slow reload, poor mobility, slow aim time, again miss the AP

GWE 100 - middle of the road in all categories, decent reload, decent damage, poor mobility, decent accuracy

M40/43 - slow reload, good damage at tier 8, poor mobility, decent aim arc, limited ammo(can run out in longer battles)

Hope this helps... :B

djb_95 #44 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 21:24

Major

• Players
  • 84261 battles
  • [MUPET] MUPET

View Postel_mucho_dingdong, on Dec 08 2017 - 08:29, said:

If AP were still available, I would have said that the T92 was the best. Now, I will have to call it a tie between the Conq GC and the T92. M53 a close second.

Pretty close to my recommendations also.

I'd put it

1) Conq GC

2) M53/M55

3) Tie - others (T92, Obj 261, GWE100)

Your limiting to above tier 6 cuts out the best arty (for its tier) in the game:  Tier 5 Leaf Blower.

Mr_RentAKill #45 Posted Dec 08 2017 - 22:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24600 battles
  • [_F_] _F_
There's really no right answer for which is the best, as they all have their strengths and their weaknesses.  It depends largely on the map, the makeup of the enemy team, and what it is exactly that you're looking to do.

For smaller maps, or maps with a lot of cover, the ConqGC is the obvious choice.  It's higher shell trajectory allows it to hit tanks behind cover that other arties can't.  It also has a very high alpha and a huge splash radius(2nd only to the T92 in both categories).  The downside to this is that it's the most inaccurate arty in the game, and the higher shell trajectory means longer shell travel time, which makes it much more difficult to hit moving targets.  It's also very slow, which makes relocating quite difficult. 
If you value precision over damage and splash, the 261 is your best choice.  It's the most accurate of all the higher tier arty, with a very high rate of fire.   This will allow you to do a good job of sniping out low health tanks that your teammates may not have a shot at.  The downside is it's alpha, gun arc, shell trajectory and splash are all very bad.  On the plus side, it's very mobile, so you should be able to relocate with relative ease.
The GWE100 is kind of a "Jack of all trades, master of none" when it comes to the Tier 10 arty.  It's not the best at what it does in any category, but it's also not the worst.  This makes it a poor choice when you know, or have a good idea of what you're going up against.  If you are going in blind though, it can be a good choice due to it's versatility.  The downside is though that it's also very slow, with terrible camo values. 
The T92 is a great choice on wide open maps, if your main purpose is to basically carpet bomb the enemy.  If you're looking to inflict as much splash and stun damage as you can, this should be your #1 choice on wide open maps.  The downsides to this arty are the slow ROF, the fact that it's not very mobile, and the inaccuracy.  On the flip side, the inaccuracy can be somewhat overlooked due to the massive splash radius it has, which should allow you to inflict a decent amount of damage on enemy tanks that you miss by even a fairly decent margin.  
And finally, the BatChat arty.  This is a lot like the Obj 261 in that it is very accurate, mobile, and has a high ROF(With a loaded clip.  The clip reload is painful, but not as bad as it used to be).  It also has the benefit of a full turret, which will allow you to point your gun in any direction without breaking your camo due to moving your tracks, which is quite handy. The downsides to this tank though, are that it has the worst alpha of any arty in the game(I saw a clanmate put 3 shots into a Maus in a battle and do a combined total of 21 damage), a fairly flat shell trajectory, and the aforementioned long reload time on the clip.  For pub matches, this tank can be pretty awesome if put on an open map against an opposing team that's fairly light.  With the current meta being super heavies though, it's not much use in CW though.  

So, in conclusion, they can all be very good if put in the right situation, but there is no clear cut "Best" when it comes to all around.  I can't speak for other clans, but for ours, we usually run the GC or the 261 in advances or CW, or occasionally the T92.  

ArmoredInferno #46 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 00:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20187 battles

I've played every arty in the game except the US tier 9 & 10.   And for me, the Obj 261 is the best.  It's ability to pivot, aim, and hit the target really accurately is insane.  There is almost no bloom even when turning the vehicle.  Not to mention a wicked fast reload of about 27 secs.  The alpha won't get over 500 unless you land it inside an open top vehicle, in which case it can one shot a Skorp G.  Average alpha is more like 300.   The only downside is the 18 rounds of ammunition - completely inadequate for Malinovka or Prokh with 2 good teams.  I run out of ammo in those cases.  It stops you from being able to randomly blind fire.  In one game I ran out of ammo and still got a kill by backing into a low health light that was circling.  Oh, and it drives like a medium tank with a high top speed.

The Batchat 155 58 autoloader is a horrible arty right now in my opinion.  I should be doing better in it but I am not.  

The Conq GC has massive shortcomings.  Limited range, horrific bloom, horrific aim time, horrific accuracy.  And with the new mechanics it caps out at 500 damage too.

The top German guns are very reliable with impressive splash, but I still prefer the Russian laser cannon Obj 261.

American arty is good too but nothing special.

Edited by ArmoredInferno, Dec 09 2017 - 00:47.

R_Razor #47 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 01:45

Captain

• Players
  • 7885 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

View PostRoburk, on Dec 08 2017 - 09:44, said:

maybe don't make a thread where the first sentence is "Arty haters can leave now." You know full well we won't just like telling my son not to push the big red button

So you admit you and the others act like children and not the adults you're supposed to be? Good to know. 

Roburk #48 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 01:51

Captain

• Players
  • 22169 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostR_Razor, on Dec 08 2017 - 19:45, said:

So you admit you and the others act like children and not the adults you're supposed to be? Good to know. 

not really it's more of the human mentality and nature of disobedience, most people hate being told what to do, especially by someone without a face

Edited by Roburk, Dec 09 2017 - 01:51.

WhineMaker #49 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 02:39

Major

• Players
  • 31517 battles

View PostRoburk, on Dec 08 2017 - 16:51, said:

not really it's more of the human mentality and nature of disobedience, most people hate being told what to do, especially by someone without a face

This is the "I'm a tough guy on the internet" syndrome. The ability to hide behind a monitor and rage away.

Same as a petulant child or immature adult. :child:

Roburk #50 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 02:46

Captain

• Players
  • 22169 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostClickez4Fun, on Dec 08 2017 - 20:39, said:

The ability to hide behind a monitor

goes both ways, personally I'd act the same way I do here to someones face

R_Razor #51 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 03:06

Captain

• Players
  • 7885 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

View PostRoburk, on Dec 08 2017 - 19:51, said:

Valid point, however it's a sign of immaturity when, knowing that the OP wasn't interested in hearing a bunch of anti-arty whining, people choose to do so simply because they were told not to. 

I_QQ_4_U #52 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 08:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 15142 battles
I've only played French an US and as a line I prefer the french, I love the mobility but the M44 was the best SPG I've played.

Varathius #53 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 12:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6622 battles
No mention of the French. Have had a totally easy time with T7 and T8 French arty. Did not use T9 yet. 

BillT #54 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 17:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25467 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostRoburk, on Dec 08 2017 - 19:51, said:

That's pretty much true.  Likewise, people aren't going to quit playing SPGs because you tell them to quit.  Every time you say something stupid like "the only good arty is a dead arty", it make people want to go drive an SPG for a game or two just to spite you.

BillT #55 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 17:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25467 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostVarathius, on Dec 09 2017 - 06:48, said:

No mention of the French. Have had a totally easy time with T7 and T8 French arty. Did not use T9 yet. 

I think 9.18 castrated the T9-T10 French SPGs.  Those 155mm guns just don't cut it against the top tier heavy tanks, and sometimes that Maus is the tank that needs to be shot.

xSzikll #56 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 02:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9148 battles

View Postsergeantmine09, on Dec 08 2017 - 15:09, said:

You do realize that the Dev's are laughing at people like you right?

​Yes, but i don't care as long as i can do pretty bad things to those players. :trollface:

xtcmax #57 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 03:58

Captain

• Players
  • 41015 battles
The reason why I love playing arty: IS BECAUSE ALL YOU WHINY SONABEECHES ARE SO ANNOYING  and I love pounding on you.

Swearengen5 #58 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 19:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 47981 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

They've neutered arty but have MASSIVELY buffed the LTs by allowing them top-tier battles???   I derped an AMX 12T yesterday in my M12 for 32 damage.   LOL...32 damage.  I won't say "WoT is dying", but WG really seems to have forgotten how to balance this game. 

Best SPGs for me:

5-leFH is the king for tier 5 and we all know why (reload time).  Honorable mention: M41 hits like a freight train for a lowly tier 5, has good splash, has good firing arc, moves/displaces quickly....but loooooong aim time is a bit off-putting until you become used to it. Prior to numerous arty nerfs I'd have chosen the Grille, but the arty aim-time nerfs combined with the Grille's narrow firing arc have reduced this arty to a mere shadow of what it once was.

6-M44 may be just an improved M41, but if you can become above-average with the M41 you'll REALLY appreciate how vastly improved and smooth the M44 truly is. Honorable mention: AMX 13 F3 AM is almost as good as the M44, but the slow reload hurts its status for me.  (I truly love playing/driving Bert as much as the next guy, but as fun as Bert can be it just doesn't contribute enough splash or damage since all the arty nerfs).

7-GW Panther in almost all aspects.  Honorable mention: M12 hits quite hard, has good splash, and gets markedly better once your crew has BIA, Designated target, Snap-shot, and Smooth ride...but even well-trained crews can't make it near as good as the GW Panther.

8-Lorr 155 51 wins for its nice balance and sweet speed.  Honorable mention: FV207 for its accuracy...its speed gives few options for deployment.  Dishonorable mention: GW Tiger P for its horrible firing arc, horrible camo rating, and (worst of all) its horribly slow speed which all combine to make leaving spawn a slooooooooow and dangerous venture on anything but the largest maps.

9-M53/55 hits hard/splashes big/reloads quickly in comparison to its damage, and it also maneuvers well for being so damn big.  Honorable mention: B-C 155 55 for its turret/accuracy/deployment speed.

10-B-C 155 58 for 3 shells/turret/accuracy/speed (lack of arc hurts it though).  Honorable mention: T92 for overall impact and splash (but reload and lack of arc don't make it easy to play).

Personally, artillery isn't my favorite class, but I can multi-task while playing it so I can watch TV, drink a beer/coffee, eat a sandwich, etc...and all the while watching the tanks scramble for cover like roaches. lol. 

There's also nothing like going to garage and then receiving a message from an opponent calling me a "****ing Clicker".   :):):) 

Let me know how you feel about my list.   And GL-HF out there, all you dirty ****ing clickers!!!!!!

Edited by Swearengen5, Dec 10 2017 - 19:54.

Doc_Ebs #59 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 20:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18803 battles
  • [MAWG] MAWG
M198 and M777 towed 155 artillery is the best.

R_Razor #60 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 20:42

Captain

• Players
  • 7885 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

View PostDoc_Ebs, on Dec 10 2017 - 14:25, said:

M198 and M777 towed 155 artillery is the best.

Paladin laughs at your towed primitive gun tubes. 

Also tagged with arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users