• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Silver_ReBangBang_Wow #1 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 23:46

Captain

• Players
  • 31685 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

Hello guys, 

Current Situation with Ranked battles, and campaign reward tanks. 

We all know that Wargaming has made the top 3k players pay 4k bonds for a reward tank. A reward tank in the past that was, free for those who were able to dedicate enough to get to the top 3k position. 

Now why is wargaming doing this? Wargaming is making a reason for people to play ranked battles in the future. Ranked is a gamemode that is is suppose to rank you compared to the other players on the server. Sounds good doesn't it? However in reality its just a mode where you try to farm the most damage, and hopefully not lose a chevron, its either a steamroll, or a massive stalemate with no one wanting to push so they won't die for nothing. This doesn't show your skill, sure better players can swing the tide of battle, but it all comes down to luck in the end on how fast you manage to reach the top with good teams. Even someone with hours to spend on the game can reach the top for the scoreboard.  However that's beside the point, no one wanted to play this mode. It was so bad that no one wanted to play it so wargaming actually lowered the requirements to get to the top of the ranking. 

Bonds

Bonds were implemented with ranked battles, they can be used to unlock directives and enhanced equipment. Now they are needed to get the the reward tanks, even thought you placed on the top 3000 on server. Bonds are given for ranked battles, full tier 10 games , and grand battles. They are also given at the end of campaign. No bonds are given for individual battles. These bonds also can be paired with multipliers which are based on clans. 4k bonds are a lot and not all the players have the bonds for that. Mostly only top clans are able to get enough bonds due to the multipliers. I believe that if you are able to get a place in the top 3k, you should be able to get the tank for free. Its stupid, since it looks as if wargaming is trying to make it so that only the very top clans can get reward tanks. Or in other words they are trying to give out as little reward tanks as possible. So I believe wargaming should remove the 4k bonds for tanks, and just give them out. As the players already dedicated lots of times into getting tanks, and getting prevented to get a reward tank because you didn't want to play one of the worst modes, known as ranked. 

So please WG remove the buying reward tank system with bonds. 

Silver

Arty_Did_Nothing_Wrong #2 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 23:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10 battles
  • [MAKI] MAKI

I'm going to spend 3 weeks of my time, 5+ hours every next except Sunday to fight for a tank...

That I then can't buy because I don't have 4,000 bonds because I only play game modes that are "good"?

What is the point of doing CW then? Sure 3k people are going to be eligible... 

But only like 1,500 people are actually going to get them because they are going to barely have the bonds to get it...

I guess 5+ hours a night, 6 days a week, for 3 weeks isn't enough dedication to be rewarded with a tank, not, you gotta play a secondary mode that is

A) Bad

B) Nobody knew months in advance would be required for a CW Campaign...

Edited by Arty_Did_Nothing_Wrong, Dec 09 2017 - 23:58.

Xeraux #3 Posted Dec 09 2017 - 23:56

Major

• Players
  • 20728 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
I farm bonds in random battles. Get medals and play tier tens. I've got over 2,400, it isn't hard. 

M0nkE #4 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 00:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 19335 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostXeraux, on Dec 09 2017 - 22:56, said:

I farm bonds in random battles. Get medals and play tier tens. I've got over 2,400, it isn't hard. 

Halfway there, my dude. And it only took you, what, two months? Now you just need to get the other half in the 3 weeks after the campaign ends.

Silver_ReBangBang_Wow #5 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 00:05

Captain

• Players
  • 31685 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
The bonds system might not be bad for eu but for NA's population, its hard to get all tier 10 games and Grand Battles. So bonds are a lot harder to farm.

Guest_Heldar_* #6 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 00:11

View PostXeraux, on Dec 09 2017 - 16:56, said:

Kinda not the point.  

Reward tanks are there for the time/dedication and skill needed to be in the top 3k (or whatever the number is for a specific campaign).  They have never been a "grind your [edited]off and then we will let you buy it" slap to the face.

IMO, bonds are fine as a reward.  But make it 1 or the other, not one for the other.

Edited by Heldar, Dec 10 2017 - 00:17.

Slone #7 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 00:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17606 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

There are fewer than 5400 players on the Gambit leaderboard. No way should over half the players get a 'reward' tank. Something like that shouldn't be a fracking participation trophy, it should be something that goes to the top players, 20% max.

But then, it's a totally BS system they have for CW, when the top 9 players and 15 of the top 18 are from one clan. Design a good system, something that encourages players and clans to participate. Make it a truly competitive event, something people can get excited about and want to play. Wargaming has a horrible record on designing quality game modes, and this is just another example.

Guest_Heldar_* #8 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 00:17

View PostSlone, on Dec 09 2017 - 17:13, said:

There are fewer than 5400 players on the Gambit leaderboard. No way should over half the players get a 'reward' tank. Something like that shouldn't be a fracking participation trophy, it should be something that goes to the top players, 20% max.

But then, it's a totally BS system they have for CW, when the top 9 players and 15 of the top 18 are from one clan. Design a good system, something that encourages players and clans to participate. Make it a truly competitive event, something people can get excited about and want to play. Wargaming has a horrible record on designing quality game modes, and this is just another example.

WG is too busy working on ways to kill end game competitiveness and fill up the gap with a "pubby" comp system....  You know, for all the super competitive people who never wanted to be in a clan...

Xeraux #9 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 00:21

Major

• Players
  • 20728 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostM0nkE, on Dec 09 2017 - 15:02, said:

Halfway there, my dude. And it only took you, what, two months? Now you just need to get the other half in the 3 weeks after the campaign ends.

No, I just need 2k from the campaign. 

WhineMaker #10 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 00:27

Major

• Players
  • 31424 battles

View PostArty_Did_Nothing_Wrong, on Dec 09 2017 - 14:54, said:

I'm going to spend 3 weeks of my time, 5+ hours every next except Sunday to fight for a tank...

That I then can't buy because I don't have 4,000 bonds because I only play game modes that are "good"?

What is the point of doing CW then? Sure 3k people are going to be eligible... 

But only like 1,500 people are actually going to get them because they are going to barely have the bonds to get it...

I guess 5+ hours a night, 6 days a week, for 3 weeks isn't enough dedication to be rewarded with a tank, not, you gotta play a secondary mode that is

A) Bad

B) Nobody knew months in advance would be required for a CW Campaign...

I'm afraid you're gonna need a lot more than 5+ hours for you to even get to a tier 10, let alone participate in CW.

My bad, I didn't realize you are a perma banned rager using an alt, otherwise you would be posting from your main... :facepalm:

LpBronco #11 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 00:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 37456 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostSlone, on Dec 09 2017 - 18:13, said:

You're mistaken, it is a participation reward for helping support a game mode and should be predicated on games played rather than quality of games played or just give them to G and MAHOU ET AL AND DON'T WASTE OUR TIME AND MONEY.

Hellsfog #12 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 00:40

Major

• Players
  • 31767 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostSlone, on Dec 09 2017 - 18:13, said:

You need to consider that the [edited]bond requirement has suppressed participation. Only about 500-600 players get the tank without grinding bonds from another source, which pretty [edited]on Wg's part.  If they didn't want to give out 3K tanks, which is fine, WG should have simply done that. 

LpBronco #13 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 01:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 37456 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 09 2017 - 18:40, said:

You need to consider that the [edited]bond requirement has suppressed participation. Only about 500-600 players get the tank without grinding bonds from another source, which pretty [edited]on Wg's part.  If they didn't want to give out 3K tanks, which is fine, WG should have simply done that. 

Exactly.  +1

But then there wouldn't have been fools like me converting 1k gold a night to pay for four hours of clan wars. Don't get me wrong, I'm at my Dad's this week since I hadn't seen him sense my Mom died (eight plus years) and I'll grind for the best position I can reach when I return home but I've already done the math and I'll be about 1k short of bonds for the tank although I will finish in the top 3k and I received bonds from both ranked battles (and it isn't required to play tens's to receive bonds for hero medals). The payout, as usually, is miserly and counter intuitive if you are trying to advance the game in general.

Edited by LpBronco, Dec 10 2017 - 01:04.

M0nkE #14 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 01:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 19335 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostXeraux, on Dec 09 2017 - 23:21, said:

No, I just need 2k from the campaign. 

You're either missing the point of the thread or trolling. Because you're contributing nothing from your posts. The whole point is that not everyone can get enough bonds from campaign for the tank. Your first post implied that it's a non-issue because it's easy enough to grind the bonds out in pubs, which is [edited].

Silver_ReBangBang_Wow #15 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 01:18

Captain

• Players
  • 31685 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostClickez4Fun, on Dec 09 2017 - 23:27, said:

I'm afraid you're gonna need a lot more than 5+ hours for you to even get to a tier 10, let alone participate in CW.

My bad, I didn't realize you are a perma banned rager using an alt, otherwise you would be posting from your main... :facepalm:

I'm afraid you won't be getting anything from campaigns even with your tier 10 arties.

vyle02 #16 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 01:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23076 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
I'm right there with you, I put in 5 hours a day for 3 weeks, to get ranked, currently i'm around the 2k area, I don't have the extra 3 hours to grind out bonds playing exclusively tier X's for the next 3 weeks. After all of this, if all I get is a paintjob or 2 it wont be worth it and I'll never again participate in a campaign, the taste will just never wash from my mouth. Players who rank high enough to earn a tank should have the option to actually obtain it, not punished for not participating in ranked battles or punished for not playing enough tier X. I am continuing the campaign because I believe they will do the right thing and fix this, because I cannot wrap my head around them doing this intentionally or alienating their player base. Like I said, it needs to be fixed and if not it will be the last non pubby thing ill ever play in the game, which may ultimately lead to my boredom and the eventual selling of the account, but only time can tell.

WhineMaker #17 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 01:42

Major

• Players
  • 31424 battles

View PostSilverEaglewing, on Dec 09 2017 - 16:18, said:

I'm afraid you won't be getting anything from campaigns even with your tier 10 arties.

:ohmy:

I found much better things to do than cry on the forums on why you can't get a reward tank... ;) Sorry your clan isn't good enough to earn enough bonds to receive a reward. :teethhappy:

Do you always defend the irrelevant alts? Or is it yours? Hmmmmm, could be... :great:

Silver_ReBangBang_Wow #18 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 02:06

Captain

• Players
  • 31685 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
I defend those with relevant points. Also I'm glad your sorry but don't be I don't need it. Be sorry for yourself <3

DOAmaker #19 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 02:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16817 battles
  • [TCH] TCH

View PostHeldar, on Dec 09 2017 - 23:11, said:

Kinda not the point.  

Reward tanks are there for the time/dedication and skill needed to be in the top 3k (or whatever the number is for a specific campaign).  They have never been a "grind your [edited]off and then we will let you buy it" slap to the face.

IMO, bonds are fine as a reward.  But make it 1 or the other, not one for the other.

No but they have been a "Hey if your clan scratches our back we will scratch yours."

Notorious_Amarok #20 Posted Dec 10 2017 - 03:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40365 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO
how come where are not gettin any bonds in the tier 10 clan wars battles?

Also tagged with Operation Gambit, Campaigns, wot, Bonds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users