Operation Gambit Campaigns wot Bonds

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

sixrocket #41 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 05:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23423 battles
  • [PLSGO] PLSGO

I'm quite salty about having to grind more bonds - I've been working quite hard at that but, sadly, even playing constant T10s several hours each day isn't a guarantee of bonds-earning matches due to the new matchmaking.

Not very fun.

M0nkE #42 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 08:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21317 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

https://worldoftanks...eriod-extended/

This is Asia's response to the issue. I hope NA is going to do something less absurd. I mean, let's take a moment to think about how unplayable tier 8 (one of these geniuses' main sources of income) will become when roughly 2000 players are trying to grind 2-3k bonds to buy a tank. Is wg just actively trying to bankrupt themselves? Because the way they've been treating their customers sure gives that impression.

Devildog8 #43 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 9919 battles
  • [BOLTS] BOLTS
This whole OG is a fiasco...nuff said

The_Wild_Weasel #44 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 18:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26680 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
Then just put Bonds up for sale and get it over with....... or at min give us the chance to take Bonds or the tank .....so simple ............

Psychopinoy #45 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 18:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 32453 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

View PostM0nkE, on Dec 18 2017 - 07:18, said:

https://worldoftanks...eriod-extended/

This is Asia's response to the issue. I hope NA is going to do something less absurd. I mean, let's take a moment to think about how unplayable tier 8 (one of these geniuses' main sources of income) will become when roughly 2000 players are trying to grind 2-3k bonds to buy a tank. Is wg just actively trying to bankrupt themselves? Because the way they've been treating their customers sure gives that impression.

So if I'm reading this right, WG's response to the Asia server, they get an extra 2 weeks to grind out bonds if they do not have enough?  WG we thank you for this "compromise", but man, talk about doing the bare minimum. Come on WG, I have already put in sooo many extra hours playing my tier Xs grinding bonds...I am already in a time constraint with the campaign and the holidays.  It sucks because with this newly added festive bonus (credits, exp, etc) I can't fully maximize it playing my tier 8s prems/pref, because I can't waste anytime playing lower tiers because like most in the campaign, I need bonds...WG I dare you to do more for you NA customers. Please do better and reduce or remove the bond requirement.

Edited by Psychopinoy, Dec 18 2017 - 18:45.

The_Wild_Weasel #46 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 18:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26680 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostPsychopinoy, on Dec 18 2017 - 12:42, said:

..WG I dare you to do more for you NA customers. Please do better and reduce or remove the bond requirement.

this is what we would like to see happen WG :) 

AppleDaD6 #47 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 19:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40969 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
If WG NA goes the same route as the Asia server it will be a big "screw you NA players" as far as I'm concerned. 

bobdaxx #48 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 20:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33825 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
they are extending the period to jan 31.  Should be more than enough time to grind some bonds esp of they throw a ranked season in.  Hell then you can get your 907 and some improved equipment for it. From the tone of the post they are not going to reduce the bonds requirement or adjust the bonds one is rewarded with. 

Edited by bobdaxx, Dec 18 2017 - 20:03.

Devildog8 #49 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 20:49

Major

• Players
  • 9919 battles
  • [BOLTS] BOLTS

View Postbobdaxx, on Dec 18 2017 - 13:02, said:

they are extending the period to jan 31.  Should be more than enough time to grind some bonds esp of they throw a ranked season in.  Hell then you can get your 907 and some improved equipment for it. From the tone of the post they are not going to reduce the bonds requirement or adjust the bonds one is rewarded with. 

shouldnt even have to grind bonds imho, again this event is a farce

AppleDaD6 #50 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 20:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40969 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

This is just a nice way of saying "screw you" from WG.

Psychopinoy #51 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 21:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 32453 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

http://forum.worldof...ocess-extended/

Extension till Jan 31st, confirmed...Not to be an ungrateful [edited], but what Year is that? 2018 or 2019? Still not clear. I am sure its 2018, but it should be defined clearly.

Thanks WG for the compromise, I guess.

Vonkluge1940 #52 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 21:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 22510 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

A copy of my thoughts sent to WG, will they listen? Yes if we gather and ALL voice our frustration!

To whom it may concern,

I have been playing in operation GAMBIT almost every day and have at this point qualified for both the Camo’s and a Tank. The campaign has been a tough, hectic, fun fight and I have enjoyed it, that’s why I have played WOT for 6 years, and maintained a premium account.

Now my concern or gripe is that I won’t be able to get my earned “reward tank” because I do not have enough “bonds”! We were never informed (to my knowledge) that this was going to be required back when we had the ability to earn those bonds in “Ranked Battles” (ranked battles were presented as a work in progress, remember!), never told to save them, I was told hey you can buy gear and to use in battles to gain temporary or permanent perks. Perhaps I missed some of this info? But even so with the flow of info in WOT coming from many directions, some of us just don’t have time to read everything that comes down the pike! (I have a job, family, and other commitments) Perhaps some of the kids here who can devote hours and hours every day might but many of us, many of us who PUT a LARGE AMOUNT OF CASH into this game just can’t. I belong to a large, active, well, known, and informed clan, even so no-one saw this situation coming until it was too late!

So “Wargaming” if you want to keep myself and many, many, others who are unhappy with this situation playing WOT a solution must be found. I’m not going to presume that I know more than you about how to do this only that it should, needs, must be done to prevent even more players from exiting the game. Extend the time to get the “Reward Tank” then give us “FAIR” ways to earn the bonds! Bring back the Ranked battles, increase bond payout over all or decrease the amount needed for the reward, you are in control and the “fix” is easy!

There is a lot of competition for player and their money out there, I’ve been computer gaming longer than many of you have been alive (30 years) and I’ve seen plenty of popular games rise and fall. I like WOT and want to keep playing but this kind of stuff really kills it for a lot of us.

Sincerely,

Bill Witthans

“VonKluge1940” (Recruiter, HARMZ clan)

Playing since 2011

Psychopinoy #53 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 22:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 32453 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
I know WG wants to stick to their guns (and not really admit fault) and to help reduce clans from selling accounts promising reward tanks, and to promote tier X game play to alleviate lower Tier MM, which is great and all and we thank you for this "half a millimeter" of a compromise, but your "solution" still stings and hurts your loyal customers. Prepare to see Ebay advertisement posts for bond grinding to increase 1000%.  I can already find a few by easily searching...I will not need to subscribe to stuff like that, but I still shouldn't have to use bonds that I have earned outside of the campaign to purchase a campaign reward tank when I will most likely be obtaining a license through spending countless hours and battles in this very campaign.  I sincerely hope, this will not be the "norm" for the next campaign, because you will find lots of clans will surely not participate. 

Edited by Psychopinoy, Dec 18 2017 - 22:42.

Hellsfog #54 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 00:13

Major

• Players
  • 32243 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S

View PostVonkluge1940, on Dec 18 2017 - 15:27, said:

A copy of my thoughts sent to WG, will they listen? Yes if we gather and ALL voice our frustration!

To whom it may concern,

I have been playing in operation GAMBIT almost every day and have at this point qualified for both the Camo’s and a Tank. The campaign has been a tough, hectic, fun fight and I have enjoyed it, that’s why I have played WOT for 6 years, and maintained a premium account.

Now my concern or gripe is that I won’t be able to get my earned “reward tank” because I do not have enough “bonds”! We were never informed (to my knowledge) that this was going to be required back when we had the ability to earn those bonds in “Ranked Battles” (ranked battles were presented as a work in progress, remember!), never told to save them, I was told hey you can buy gear and to use in battles to gain temporary or permanent perks. Perhaps I missed some of this info? But even so with the flow of info in WOT coming from many directions, some of us just don’t have time to read everything that comes down the pike! (I have a job, family, and other commitments) Perhaps some of the kids here who can devote hours and hours every day might but many of us, many of us who PUT a LARGE AMOUNT OF CASH into this game just can’t. I belong to a large, active, well, known, and informed clan, even so no-one saw this situation coming until it was too late!

So “Wargaming” if you want to keep myself and many, many, others who are unhappy with this situation playing WOT a solution must be found. I’m not going to presume that I know more than you about how to do this only that it should, needs, must be done to prevent even more players from exiting the game. Extend the time to get the “Reward Tank” then give us “FAIR” ways to earn the bonds! Bring back the Ranked battles, increase bond payout over all or decrease the amount needed for the reward, you are in control and the “fix” is easy!

There is a lot of competition for player and their money out there, I’ve been computer gaming longer than many of you have been alive (30 years) and I’ve seen plenty of popular games rise and fall. I like WOT and want to keep playing but this kind of stuff really kills it for a lot of us.

Sincerely,

Bill Witthans

“VonKluge1940” (Recruiter, HARMZ clan)

Playing since 2011

I hate to be the one to tell you but in any other campaign you would not be in the running for a tank. In fact, in no prior campaign did nearly half the participants get a license.  The elimination of tiers 6 and 8 along with the bond requirement suppressed participation. Without that issue, there is not way a 38% win rate in the campaign would get you anywhere near a reward.  I bring this up, not to insult you and I apologize for using you as an example, but to point out WG's problem, which is of its own making.  By organizing the campaign the way WG did, they cannot eliminate the requirement for bonds and still make winning a tank competitive. If they get rid of the bonds completely, the tanks become participation trophies.  If they buff the bond payout for all, the tank becomes a participation trophy and the game is flooded with bonds.  Because WG didn't think about the campaign rules thoroughly,  players are left with the suck-[edited]notion of making players grind bonds outside of the campaign.

There are imaginative solutions given in other threads/posts by myself and others.  Unfortunately, when it comes to imagination, WG doesn't have any unless it involves making up new premium tanks.  

Gamisou #55 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 01:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14249 battles
I figured they would have solved this by now... based on the "we are looking into it", message a few days ago.

STRIKERz21 #56 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 01:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 20315 battles
  • [RS] RS
Please WG, do this. I am going to be eligible to get a tank, but since it requires bonds I can't get it. PLEASE CHANGE THIS

bobdaxx #57 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 02:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33825 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

wg will water this down trust me

Edited by bobdaxx, Dec 19 2017 - 02:55.

HI_FIVE #58 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 05:23

Major

• Players
  • 43893 battles
  • [SNACH] SNACH

View Postbobdaxx, on Dec 18 2017 - 21:38, said:

wg will water this down trust me

Dont bet on that man.

OEFArmy #59 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 20:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30461 battles
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 19 2017 - 00:13, said:

I hate to be the one to tell you but in any other campaign you would not be in the running for a tank. In fact, in no prior campaign did nearly half the participants get a license.  The elimination of tiers 6 and 8 along with the bond requirement suppressed participation. Without that issue, there is not way a 38% win rate in the campaign would get you anywhere near a reward.  I bring this up, not to insult you and I apologize for using you as an example, but to point out WG's problem, which is of its own making.  By organizing the campaign the way WG did, they cannot eliminate the requirement for bonds and still make winning a tank competitive. If they get rid of the bonds completely, the tanks become participation trophies.  If they buff the bond payout for all, the tank becomes a participation trophy and the game is flooded with bonds.  Because WG didn't think about the campaign rules thoroughly,  players are left with the suck-[edited]notion of making players grind bonds outside of the campaign.

There are imaginative solutions given in other threads/posts by myself and others.  Unfortunately, when it comes to imagination, WG doesn't have any unless it involves making up new premium tanks.  

I agree with you, but having a bonds requirement doesn't really mitigate this issue.  You still basically get a tank for participation, the only thing is, you have to spend a little more time grinding 10s if you are like me and don't have very much time to allocate for the campaign.  There is no way, in any previous campaign, would I be able to get a reward tank playing a total of 30ish games in the campaign(and flipping losing most of them - I am bad luck I guess) - no way.   To be fair, I'd much rather they made the cutoff lower(say 1500, which I would miss by a long shot) but made sure that those 1500 people get the tank regardless of the clan they are in.  Now, you basically have to be in the top 18ish clan(4x multiplier minimum) to be able to purchase the tank with no previous bonds accumulated or you have to be one of the lucky people that didn't spend their bonds following RB seasons.  And top 3k getting licences with 5.5k participation(absolutely ridiculous) is a joke.  All they had to do is mention this bond requirement 6 months ago, around the time of RB season 1, and we'd have 10-15K participants and no bonds issues whatsoever.  WG basically put the last nail in the coffin on the NA server with how this campaign was designed and handled, IMHO.

LpBronco #60 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 23:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38576 battles
  • [TG] TG
 The event rules are responsible for the low turn out as many stopped playing when they realized the futility of participating.  Then some of us banged every game we could get in to make the cut line and spent cash for the credits to play 4 hours nightly so we've already paid for the POS.

Also tagged with Operation Gambit, Campaigns, wot, Bonds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users