Create More diverse Maps!

Maps Change

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: More Diversity (9 members have cast votes)

What kind of maps should we have?

1. Maps that correspond with the weather (3 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

2. Night Maps (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. New maps to relate to different cultures such as Asia or Africa (1 vote [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

4. More City only maps (1 vote [5.00%] - View)

5. Bigger maps for higher Tiers "keep same 15v15" (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

6. Bring back old maps such as North West and hidden village (4 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

7. Maps with More hills and cliffs (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

8. Remake of old maps (4 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

9. Maps with Theme for the Holiday, but gets removed when the next one comes. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. Keep the same (1 vote [5.00%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

thegreat101 #1 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 01:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 24040 battles
  • [RGPLT] RGPLT
I have been playing World of Tanks for a while now, and when i had first started, i was always excited to see what the next update would come out with. over the years WG has brought us many nice Tech Trees, and some cool maps, but for a while now i feel that World of tanks maps have come to a stop. What i mean by this is that the maps all have about the same play style, we have ahill on both sides in the back, people camp on it, snipe, and there are three charge points, middle, and the two sides. i feel there should be a little bit more. something that makes me feel like i am doing something different every game. WG has done lots great with this game, but i feel they keep remaking the old maps, rather than adding something new. i just want to make sure i am not the only one, and i do have a few suggestions, just want to see if others are up for it as well. Please post what you think WG should add! The More the better!

Ndtm #2 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 17375 battles
When the HD maps come out it'll bring enough new life into the maps that they'll have enough time to actually work on new maps i imagine, although i think i did hear that they're actually working on new maps while they're updating the old ones but no idea what the status is like on that and we'll just have to wait for an official statement about it all

saru_richard #3 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 02:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 23757 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL
while they need new maps i think its best we get the HD ones first only cause i want WG to make these new maps actually good and not rushed

thegreat101 #4 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 02:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 24040 battles
  • [RGPLT] RGPLT
Yes HD maps would be nice, but to me it gets old playing the same few maps over and over. while the tanks do call for different play style, i just feel all the maps are alike. HD works well for people with really good computers, but we do have people who play with computers that are not all that great.

thegreat101 #5 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 02:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 24040 battles
  • [RGPLT] RGPLT
WG also used to do a new map with every update, but they stopped that for some reason

Ndtm #6 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 02:34

Major

• Players
  • 17375 battles

View Postthegreat101, on Dec 11 2017 - 02:25, said:

Yes HD maps would be nice, but to me it gets old playing the same few maps over and over. while the tanks do call for different play style, i just feel all the maps are alike. HD works well for people with really good computers, but we do have people who play with computers that are not all that great.

Well, people reported back on the sandbox that despite the massive increase in quality the performance was roughly the same (on the same settings) and it's not like the maps as they are now are going to stay when that update rolls out since they won't be compatible with the new engine which is why they're reworking them all before it goes live, so even if you've got a bad computer you'll have the same performance as before but it'll look way better

thegreat101 #7 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 02:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 24040 battles
  • [RGPLT] RGPLT
i just really want change, i love that features WG has added from mods. so that has made gameplay more easy, i just feel it has been to long for maps. board of remakes, like Winter versions of maps, HD does seem nice, i just think if they did it, they should HD maps they removed, like Dragon Ridge, Hidden village, or Northwest, so we have More maps to play on, then start HD the maps we have

Suicidal_Enemy #8 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 02:46

Captain

• Players
  • 49967 battles

View Postthegreat101, on Dec 10 2017 - 21:26, said:

WG also used to do a new map with every update, but they stopped that for some reason

Last two maps suxed farts.

Ndtm #9 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 03:32

Major

• Players
  • 17375 battles

View Postthegreat101, on Dec 11 2017 - 02:39, said:

i just really want change, i love that features WG has added from mods. so that has made gameplay more easy, i just feel it has been to long for maps. board of remakes, like Winter versions of maps, HD does seem nice, i just think if they did it, they should HD maps they removed, like Dragon Ridge, Hidden village, or Northwest, so we have More maps to play on, then start HD the maps we have

You read what i wrote right? if they were to remake removed maps and then go live with the new engine then we could say byebye to the current maps in the game (well, the ones that they haven't already reworked) for now, the current maps cannot run on the new engine, and the "HD" is more than just a texture update they're going in and changing minute details while trying to retain the overall feel of the map, so a small ridge in the current version might be bigger or smaller or even gone in the hd rework and etc, it's going to bring quite a change even if they're just reworked current maps

Also tagged with Maps, Change

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users