skins, remodels, and "hitbox" - gameplay

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

537dL #1 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 03:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12668 battles

Hi - I'm sure this is in a faq somewhere but I can't find it.

I just downloaded my first skins / remodels for some of the tanks I play and I have a couple questions - again, I'm sure that everyone else knows this stuff already!

Sounds like a skin is just a paintjob with maybe some additional bit added but without changing the structure of the tank.

A remodel changes some parts - bigger, smaller, etc.

And I'm guessing neither changes what I understand to be the "hitbox"? meaning that when you shoot at one, or someone shoots at you, the game uses the original model config to decide whether it's a hit or miss.

Speaking of misses, am I missing anything?

And if remodels change the appearance of the tank but not the hitbox, how do you deal with that when you're in the game?

thanks - again sorry for the obvious - I'm sure there's a faq somewhere - questions.

Ndtm #2 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 03:55

Major

• Players
  • 17280 battles
The hitbox does indeed not change, especially since the mechanics are calculated on the server so mods wouldn't be able to affect it anyway, and you're the only one that can see the changes and if you change it for a tank then everyone you see (in said tank) in battle will also have the new model.. which means.. it could make it tricky to know where to shoot if the model gets messed with too much :hiding:

537dL #3 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 05:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12668 battles
thanks - that's what I thought - cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users