• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9572 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Howdy Tankers,

And a happy Monday to you all.  I just got done with the 3 Tank Reward missions and the Advent Mission and I'm looking at my 33 point total for the Snow Tanks grind (not a Tiger 131 owner).  I don't know about you, but 115 seems like such a long way away.  It is extremely rare for me not to finish in the top 3 tankers, but when MM is giving you 45% losses, it can take a while to get all 3 accomplished.

Now, I have enough time in the mornings and the evenings to work at it until it's done, but what about most folks who log in for just an hour or 2 at a time?  115 out of a potential 145 (allowing for 10 days of vacation I guess) doesn't seem that long of a grind I guess, but of the grinds that I've done since I started playing WoT in June, this one seems to be the most intensive.  Free is good and I'm not saying it should be easy, but I was able to get the T34B and IS-6B with a lot less effort (and I could have gotten the Mutz had I owned the Skorp G when it started - I got it like 10 days in) and the Halloween thing was going on during that craziness as well.

I've never really wanted a Tog II or a Strv but I'll stick the Strv in my Reserve Garage and wait until they reoffer it again in the future so I can get the Gold equivalent.  Today's offering of the T-44-100 seems a bit pricey in the store, but I learned that it was a Marathon reward tank in the past so that makes more sense to why it costs so much.  Had that tank been at the end of the Snow Tank rainbow, I would have been more excited about this whole ordeal. 

Again, I'm not complaining about free tanks, but I do think that the current reward for the amount of effort needed seems a little off based upon my 6 months of experience.

Let me know your thoughts when you have the chance.

Thanks!

WinningWithWarchild

Nudnick #2 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 22542 battles
I agree, the 131 doesn't seem worth it. I'm skipping the grind this time.

galspanic #3 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 24489 battles
Similar situation here but instead of posting a huge wall of text I just stopped trying for 2 tanks I don’t even want.

Gothraul #4 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 1756 battles
Only doing it because I still need to finish some grinds before there are any big changes next year plus there is only one premium left in the tech tree I haven't gotten yet. This is certainly one of the most toxic tank rewards grinds in a very long time because of the xvm hurr durr meta being so cancerous.

utgotye #5 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13379 battles
Simply put, the rewards aren't worth it.  I'm taking this month to grind tanks I have had in my garage for most of the year so I can get rid of them  One happens to be the Tiger (P) so at least I have an On Track pay off to get both tier VIII tanks at the end.  I also took the opportunity to finish off the Stug IV mission 15s with honors to get all of my orders.  Gotta grind out credits as well in the hope that there's another equipment sale at some point during the holiday season/Ops promo.

the_dude_76 #6 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:32

Captain

• Players
  • 30785 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

I've actually found this to the easiest TR event so far. I rarely have to play more than 5-6 battles to complete the daily. I'm using the T28E or Tig 131 for the low tier, Panther/M10 or E25 for the mid tier, and the Maus for the high tier. Pick premium tanks that you have a high WR in. Premiums have an exp bonus that helps you grab one of those top 3 spots.

Also, I hate to say it but if you're planning on choosing the Strv you just missed an opportunity for some free gold. I posted a topic about this on Friday and meant to re-post last night but spaced it off. If you had purchased the Strv in game while it was on sale this weekend you would have gotten back 1110 more gold than you paid when it is rewarded at the end of the event.

AndrewSledge #7 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27495 battles

I play 4 days a week, and can usually get enough Tank Rewards points to earn the reward tank level. However, that won't happen this month, even with me taking a week off between Christmas and New Years. I'm not sure why they made it more difficult this month; the same thing happened last year. I'm guessing they assume students have more time off for the holidays, and with the other in-game events starting on the 15th, they figure they're giving out enough stuff for free anyways.

Don't sweat it if you don't earn as much as you'd like this month. NA server is the only one that gets TankRewards at all, so we're pretty lucky as it is.

the_dude_76 #8 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:36

Captain

• Players
  • 30785 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostNudnick, on Dec 11 2017 - 18:12, said:

I agree, the 131 doesn't seem worth it. I'm skipping the grind this time.

I've seen several posts from people who seem to think the 131 is some sort of reward for this event (not sure if this applies to you or not). It isn't. The 131, as I understand it, will be the "snow tank" decorating the holiday garage much like the KV2 was last year.

Darkbee2Bee #9 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 32843 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
I've been way too busy this holiday season to have the time necessary to dedicate to tonks.  I've missed many of the dailies so it's highly doubtful that I'll even come close to getting enough points.  I'm okay with that. I've missed missions in the past.  I would have like to have gotten a Strv but I've earned other tanks this year, I don't feel too bad.  Life is more important than tanks at the end of the day.

Slim_Shadee #10 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 20:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6331 battles

View PostGothraul, on Dec 11 2017 - 18:18, said:

Only doing it because I still need to finish some grinds before there are any big changes next year plus there is only one premium left in the tech tree I haven't gotten yet. This is certainly one of the most toxic tank rewards grinds in a very long time because of the xvm hurr durr meta being so cancerous.

Apparently this is not your main account so very dubious of anything you post.

__WarChild__ #11 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 20:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9572 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 11 2017 - 12:32, said:

Also, I hate to say it but if you're planning on choosing the Strv you just missed an opportunity for some free gold. I posted a topic about this on Friday and meant to re-post last night but spaced it off. If you had purchased the Strv in game while it was on sale this weekend you would have gotten back 1110 more gold than you paid when it is rewarded at the end of the event.

I saw your post on that (I read every free Gold post) and thought about it - but then figured I'd buy the tank this past weekend and then have some fluke event prevent me from finishing the grind to it over the holidays.  I'll take Free over Discount this time - especially because WG was very stingy with the Premium Time this year and I don't feel like giving them any $ unless they do something special.  I'm running without PT right now and although I tread water, it really sucks on all fronts (and makes me a bit mad too).  

What I really want now is that 75% Off the T34B offer that other people received (it's always others) and then got 12,000 Gold for like $15.  I never got that offer and haven't heard anything about it since then, but getting that would improve my feelings toward WG right now.

Good luck to you guys!

__WarChild__ #12 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 20:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9572 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

PS - I bought the Dicker Max when it was on sale before I earned it in the Rewards Event, but I had already reached the Reward Level for the tank when they put the DM on sale - so it was guaranteed return on investment.  Right now, 110 is a long way from 33 with only 3 available per day...

TheCannabist #13 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 21:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26846 battles

View PostWinningWithWarchild, on Dec 11 2017 - 13:06, said:

Howdy Tankers,

And a happy Monday to you all.  I just got done with the 3 Tank Reward missions and the Advent Mission and I'm looking at my 33 point total for the Snow Tanks grind (not a Tiger 131 owner).  I don't know about you, but 115 seems like such a long way away.  It is extremely rare for me not to finish in the top 3 tankers, but when MM is giving you 45% losses, it can take a while to get all 3 accomplished.

Now, I have enough time in the mornings and the evenings to work at it until it's done, but what about most folks who log in for just an hour or 2 at a time?  115 out of a potential 145 (allowing for 10 days of vacation I guess) doesn't seem that long of a grind I guess, but of the grinds that I've done since I started playing WoT in June, this one seems to be the most intensive.  Free is good and I'm not saying it should be easy, but I was able to get the T34B and IS-6B with a lot less effort (and I could have gotten the Mutz had I owned the Skorp G when it started - I got it like 10 days in) and the Halloween thing was going on during that craziness as well.

I've never really wanted a Tog II or a Strv but I'll stick the Strv in my Reserve Garage and wait until they reoffer it again in the future so I can get the Gold equivalent.  Today's offering of the T-44-100 seems a bit pricey in the store, but I learned that it was a Marathon reward tank in the past so that makes more sense to why it costs so much.  Had that tank been at the end of the Snow Tank rainbow, I would have been more excited about this whole ordeal. 

Again, I'm not complaining about free tanks, but I do think that the current reward for the amount of effort needed seems a little off based upon my 6 months of experience.

Let me know your thoughts when you have the chance.

Thanks!

WinningWithWarchild

you are funny. MM gives ME 55% losses...... and YOU are complaining about 45%. I've been on the bot list for a while. I regularly get 3 out of ten with a CHANCE to win. When Tomato me is consistently at the top of the loser team leaderboard in damages and kills and XP it's hard to imagine I was set up with a good team lol or any expectation of winning. And yet in all this losing I have increased my WN8 (the thing i CAN control) and my ave Dmg and Avg XP almost 125%. Yet my winpercentage keeps going down......

I NEVER get *average* damage, lol I'd settle for a 50% reduction in phantom shots that just disappear and call it a fighting chance. So already set up on a losing team, nerfed damage and buffed damage taken and yeah I'm really rushing out to try those missions.

I have finished ONCE in my marked, mastered, 131 with a win and a top 3 finish since this started. I quit even trying for it as a *grind* the second day. IF I happen to play a tier6 then it gets a chance to *win*. I finished my Sheridan yesterday so there's not much for me to do anymore but log in to see if there is an advent deal I want, see if the new mission is doable, then play that one.   

Here on Day13 I have 21 points. I had to go check since I am now done with Tankrewards. It's now just another way for the Unicums to get free stuff they neither need nor want, and increase the divide between the good and the bad  Not worth playing what THEY want me to play for a fire extinguisher and an empty toilet paper roll on the limited number of times I can hope to achieve the goal.

It's funny because until now i completed EVERY tank rewards challenge that was going on when I was playing the game. I think I'm, going to use the time I WOULD have used trying for the tankrewards playing StarWars Battlefront 2.

Edited by TheCannabist, Dec 13 2017 - 21:45.

Also tagged with Tank Rewards

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users