Is WG really taking care of the cheaters?

Cheating Help Unfair Policy

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

GRINCH7777 #61 Posted Jun 16 2018 - 05:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44421 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH
....plenty of players are using aimbots and the top suspects have tens of thousands of games with hit rates over 70%....NOT POSSIBLE with the games algorithm unless you are hitting ALL your snapshots......FL was full of these players racking up damage of 12/13/14/15K.....which may be possible with really good arty barrages and airstrikes but 55 shots fired and 50 hits?=aimbot user....

Springfield_Fats #62 Posted Jun 16 2018 - 08:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10156 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 02 2018 - 02:48, said:

Hang on, lemme take a deep breath...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

wow nice one man you sure owned him you said lol but with alot of os in bold literally epic

_Tsavo_ #63 Posted Jun 16 2018 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 40268 battles

View PostSpringfield_Fats, on Jun 16 2018 - 02:03, said:

wow nice one man you sure owned him you said lol but with alot of os in bold literally epic

His post deserved nothing more.

crw1962 #64 Posted Yesterday, 12:15 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 41130 battles
  • [SBS] SBS

View PostGRINCH7777, on Jun 15 2018 - 23:33, said:

....plenty of players are using aimbots and the top suspects have tens of thousands of games with hit rates over 70%....NOT POSSIBLE with the games algorithm unless you are hitting ALL your snapshots......FL was full of these players racking up damage of 12/13/14/15K.....which may be possible with really good arty barrages and airstrikes but 55 shots fired and 50 hits?=aimbot user....

I agree with you ...there are a lot of [edited]ters and Unicums that use aimbots. I do not agree with your statement about needing an aimbot to achieve a hit % of 70...my hit % is 72+ without the use of cheats.

70% is not exceptional. You just have to be willing to take the hit at times to make the shot. It is frustrating though when players pop out from behind an object and hit every shot on the move. Cheats used to be limited to the big unicum clans for the most part but now it seems like half the players use them.

Edited by crw1962, Yesterday, 12:23 AM.

crw1962 #65 Posted Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 41130 battles
  • [SBS] SBS

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Dec 12 2017 - 10:28, said:

Funny society we live in.

For some, the pride, the challenge if you will, is to find a way to cheat and mess other people' games.

And who cares about honesty since this is a game ... that is how some think ...

Some can turn off values and beliefs at will .. when it is convenient.

Well said.

crw1962 #66 Posted Yesterday, 12:42 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 41130 battles
  • [SBS] SBS

View Postbunnycaulk, on Dec 11 2017 - 16:04, said:

you guys will find its more rewarding to focus on your own game play, and not worry about what others are doing.  WG is aware and will take steps, believe me...

WG has had plenty of time to take steps....the money is still rolling in so why would they.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #67 Posted Yesterday, 08:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25790 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostZanarkand_C, on Dec 11 2017 - 11:28, said:

Today I came across this video and I found it just crazy. Someone had live streamed their cheating with about 200 viewers and they are not banned? Also being a CO of a clan... that would just lead me to believe this clan things it's completely acceptable to cheat since the CO is doing it.

I am personally against ALL forms of mods and would rather WG not let any mods be allowed at all. To me that just seems like the best and easiest way to help reduce cheating in the game. I don't run any mods at all cause I feel the way the game ships (downloads) is how the creators intended the game to be played and I will play it this way.

But anyway lol I hope this thread gets attention cause I for one would like to see people like the fellow dandy in this video removed from the game and to top it off, that clan should not be able to participate in this current event.

Some clans demand that you use illegal mods or they will kick you.  I know because some that left because they wouldn't risk their account came to my clan, EOR. 

Illegal mods are more popular than many will acknowledge.  All you gotta do is google the sites and check the download counters for the newest versions.  Every single one is in the 10s of thousands.  But people like to deny reality and claim they don't exist or the download counters aren't real, such a joke.

Removing mods has killed other games, WG knows this and has commented about it.  The know that removing mods will in no way get rid of illegal modding.  People can just edit the game files, it's not hard to do.  So removing mods would just remove players and remove our ability to customize the game slightly to our liking. 

The game comes with the ability to have mods, that's what they intended.  We even have a folder for them etc.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #68 Posted Yesterday, 08:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25790 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postrich73, on Dec 11 2017 - 11:36, said:

I watched a vid once of a guy doing 10 k damage and not scoping in on one shot.Even one shot looked like it went over the horizon for a kill.This was 2 years ago.That W G continues to leave the mod door open and allow cheaters is totally on W G.They know this is possible yet they allow it.Token bans only mean they will make another account and means we have to play with cheaters who if caught,only get caught after cheating.W G needs a lesson but sadly the player base doesnt stand together being tied to their wallets.

The "mod door" has nothing to do with this.  Cheaters will just modify the game files to do the same things. 

Removing mods has killed other games, WG knows this and has commented about it.  The know that removing mods will in no way get rid of illegal modding.  People can just edit the game files, it's not hard to do.  So removing mods would just remove players and remove our ability to customize the game slightly to our liking. 

I_AM_Diablo #69 Posted Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5385 battles
  • [DRKLN] DRKLN

I would love to know the actual number of cheaters per non-cheaters in game.  Gives you a good estimate of how many "bots" are playing in game.  Players that cheat should be just considered "bots" as they don't bring any personality to the game.

I used to run a Team Fortress 2 server using a mod created by AlliedModders called SourceMod.   I had created plugins in C++ and in their scripting language SourcePawn.   I ran that server for 5 years before I got tired of running the server and wanted to move into programming handhelds.  I've created some very strong server based anti-cheat mods for Team Fortress 2.  I had tested by buying the real cheats and running them on a computer I didn't care about.  I would then create the anti-cheat based on that computer.  The system worked too well.   By the time that Team Fortress 2 has been 2 years old, I had noticed a large population of cheaters.  One of the famous cheats called LAMOBOX for which I had beaten; even the paid version!  LAMOBOX had both a free version and a paid version.   I was able to beat the free version very easy because in the free version it would advertise itself while the player was using it.   The paid version wouldn't and you'd have to follow the cursor movements to figure-out if they was cheating or not.  There is also code I modified that detected wall-hacks.

How did I stop cheaters?   Initially I banned them.   Since creating a new account was free, they'd just go create a new account and play again!   After a month of seeing repeat offenders come back to my server... I decided to do something different.   I decided to "handicap" the players that are known cheaters and making them figure out if they was detected by my system.   I would apply special anti-wall hacking, randomly throw their cursor in another direction, randomly reduce damage they would do, randomly reduce their armor, etc.   I got really good at making my system reduce the effectiveness of their hacks that most of them would leave the server or create another account without the hack.

Here is my AlliedModders Account: https://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=230774

Just know I never released my anti-hack technology.  I have released some anti-cheat plugins.   Here is a full list of all the plug-ins I created for SourceMod: http://www.sourcemod.net/plugins.php?cat=0&mod=-1&title=&author=El+Diablo+War3Evo&description=&search=1

If WOT developers are handicapping the cheaters, then if they banned them... they'd loose that person as a known cheater for which they handicapped.  That person could just create a new account and play again!  I am not sure if they use that method or not.  If people are saying they are not banning players, then maybe they are handicapping known cheaters?

Edited by I_AM_Diablo, Yesterday, 11:51 AM.

Also tagged with Cheating, Help, Unfair, Policy

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users