Is WG really taking care of the cheaters?

Cheating Help Unfair Policy

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

DOAmaker #21 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16817 battles
  • [TCH] TCH
The MODs are part of the problem, the other is lazy programing.  When the game streams all info from the match to all players you are kind of asking for people to abuse the info.  I have a feeling the next patch might address much of that, but to be honest a new engine and the closing of such cheats/hacks are long over due and unless they have something really amazing is not going to be enough to help WGNA.

_Tsavo_ #22 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:07

Major

• Players
  • 40986 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Dec 11 2017 - 15:04, said:

the paid versions seem to be immune to WG's wrath....."

Given how many uproars it took from the community to get notorious botter Stickygreen banned, I'm inclined to believe large numbers of purchases grant some immunity.

Lethalhavoc #23 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:07

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Dec 11 2017 - 16:04, said:

Yes I do and if I googled it I could find sites promoting cheat mods... that in no way is proof for your statement:

"They only ban players for using the free versions of illegal mods, the paid versions seem to be immune to WG's wrath....."

There are other forums GP.

You could also explain how the cheater in said video isn't banned yet.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, Dec 11 2017 - 21:08.

Xeraux #24 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 23583 battles
  • [T___T] T___T

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Dec 11 2017 - 11:48, said:

The "New Deniers".....  "The Cheat Deniers"   :teethhappy:

The thing is, cheats don't actually make you substantially better. All the cheat mods I've seen, I think "huh, I can do that vanilla." Is creating acceptable? Of course not. But it's also not the huge advantage a lot of people think it is. 

Chalybos #25 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22596 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on Dec 11 2017 - 15:07, said:

There are other forums GP.

You could also explain how the cheater in said video isn't banned yet.

Banned is debatable.  According to the character roster, it shows Last battle: 

The "_Reborn version" of that account has its Last battle: 

Now, whether it's a permaban or just a timeout ...   

Lethalhavoc #26 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:30

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

View PostChalybos, on Dec 11 2017 - 16:25, said:

Banned is debatable.  According to the character roster, it shows Last battle: 

The "_Reborn version" of that account has its Last battle: 

Now, whether it's a permaban or just a timeout ...   

This is the second or third time now that said accounts have been "caught" streaming using illegal mods.

What happened to the 2 strikes and out rule?

TboneOathKeeper #27 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21956 battles

Every Mod user in World of Tanks always say's "PROVE IT".  My Answer to that is very simple.  There are ways of telling if a player is using Cheat Mods, you know it and I know it.  But those same players will always have an answer to counter your PROOF.  Let me tell you something.........World of Tanks could stop CHEAT MODS in 1 day if they wanted too. The problem is , they don't want to.  They know proving these cheat mods are very difficult and they use that to keep the Mass Happy.  If World of Tanks wanted to stop all CHEAT Mods they could in one day.  I see players all the time using Cheat Mods and there is nothing we can do But put players in the Lime Light or Make them Public.  I feel some of these YouTuber's could help this problem by Posting Cheaters Weekly . I would watch every video if someone would take the lead and make this Game Fair.  Hey ........I know I will suck and maybe for life. World of Tanks is not just a game I LOVE , But something I want to help make better. Some people are good at playing and some players are better at coaching. Losing by a Better player is Fine and welcomed , But losing to a Lemme Train speeding across the field and he is killing you with each shot he takes while you are Hull down.....Tends to Piss you off. WOT autoaim shoots center mass, NOT WEAKSPOTS.

Sorry for my Bad spelling.........

I want to wish all my Fallow Tanker's a very Happy Holiday's and a Happy New Year.

Hellsfog #28 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 32369 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Dec 11 2017 - 14:48, said:

The "New Deniers".....  "The Cheat Deniers"   :teethhappy:

I'm pretty sure that you don't ever read what is actually written, only what feeds the make believe world in which you live.  

View Postrover5700heirloom, on Dec 11 2017 - 14:37, said:

How exactly did they cheat? Will watch after work...

He was using every illegal mod I've ever heard of and some that I didn't know existed. 

View Post_Tsavo, on Dec 11 2017 - 14:57, said:

I've recently come to the opinion that those news updates are mostly fluff (regarding the perma bans, I buy the temp ban thing) and the only real bans that occur are due to community backlash, as is the case with the AD guys.

If you raise a stink, the target gets banned.  If you don't, he might get a temp ban, but otherwise will remain.

I've gone from against to on the fence regarding doing away with mods, mostly due to the recent events.  I am still unconvinced that cheating is prolific, but I do not deny that cheating is a thing.

I don't why you would think the perm ban numbers are faked but the temp ones are real.  I would like to know how you got there.  It's seems odd to fake one but not the other.   I would like WG to publish the permanently banned accounts, however. It's not like they are coming back and might be embarrassed and if you're dumb enough to get caught twice you have to expect some embarrassment. 

Hellsfog #29 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 32369 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

View PostXeraux, on Dec 11 2017 - 15:23, said:

The thing is, cheats don't actually make you substantially better. All the cheat mods I've seen, I think "huh, I can do that vanilla." Is creating acceptable? Of course not. But it's also not the huge advantage a lot of people think it is. 

I agree that most banned mods don't help all that much but some definitely help. The reload timer and early 6th sense mod he was using are pretty broken.  There's a reason why WG banned even a generic reload timer.  A good/very good player can probably do the same thing without the mods, that's why they are very good.  A lower skilled player, such as in the Op, is using those mods to mimic what higher skilled players do. 

_Tsavo_ #30 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:56

Major

• Players
  • 40986 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 11 2017 - 15:44, said:

I don't why you would think the perm ban numbers are faked but the temp ones are real.  I would like to know how you got there.  It's seems odd to fake one but not the other.   I would like WG to publish the permanently banned accounts, however. It's not like they are coming back and might be embarrassed and if you're dumb enough to get caught twice you have to expect some embarrassment. 

Knowing how much of a ruckus had to be raised multiple time to get rid of the botter and how this event is going, I'm not quite sure I buy them perma-banning accounts.  They wiped green's account several times before they perma banned it and I'm inclined to think that's how any mod use that trips their system is handled.

I am starting to lack trust in their enforcement of the rules is all.

Xeraux #31 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 21:59

Major

• Players
  • 23583 battles
  • [T___T] T___T

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 11 2017 - 12:52, said:

I agree that most banned mods don't help all that much but some definitely help. The reload timer and early 6th sense mod he was using are pretty broken.  There's a reason why WG banned even a generic reload timer.  A good/very good player can probably do the same thing without the mods, that's why they are very good.  A lower skilled player, such as in the Op, is using those mods to mimic what higher skilled players do. 

I know that these mods give some advantage, and I think they should be banned, along with their users.

My point was only to say that there's a reason that 95% of cheating accusations are false for a reason. People can do without, and they can do damn well without.

Not disagreeing with you.

bunnycaulk #32 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3065 battles
you guys will find its more rewarding to focus on your own game play, and not worry about what others are doing.  WG is aware and will take steps, believe me...

Lethalhavoc #33 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:06

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

View Postbunnycaulk, on Dec 11 2017 - 17:04, said:

you guys will find its more rewarding to focus on your own game play, and not worry about what others are doing.  WG is aware and will take steps, believe me...

This would be good advice, if you weren't giving it to the "old hands" of the forum.

Chalybos #34 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22596 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on Dec 11 2017 - 15:30, said:

This is the second or third time now that said accounts have been "caught" streaming using illegal mods.

What happened to the 2 strikes and out rule?

Dunno.  I honestly don't pay it all that much mind, certainly not enough to remember whether someone has been temp-banned multiple times or not.  Kind of the reason I put "debatable" in my comment.

People have been cheating at games since about 10 minutes after the invention of games.  Sometimes it's just a matter of being up against a whole different league of player, sometimes it's straight-up cheating.  Either way, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, despite the fact that I detest cheaters (on principle if nothing else).  It's simply not that rampant, and if it were, then I would simply stop playing.  It's not like I let WoT define me, and there are 3 other games that I play concurrently, so ... like I said, I ain't losing sleep over it.  

Fulcrous #35 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:12

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31156 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
With all the tinfoil theories, it looks like most of you will be welcome at exposing-wot. :facepalm:

Hellsfog #36 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:19

Major

• Players
  • 32369 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

View Post_Tsavo, on Dec 11 2017 - 15:56, said:

Knowing how much of a ruckus had to be raised multiple time to get rid of the botter and how this event is going, I'm not quite sure I buy them perma-banning accounts.  They wiped green's account several times before they perma banned it and I'm inclined to think that's how any mod use that trips their system is handled.

I am starting to lack trust in their enforcement of the rules is all.

I don't know enough about that guy to really say. I thought he was simply going afk which is a harder thing to punish due to the possible legitimate excuses.  Mod use is pretty black and white. 

View PostXeraux, on Dec 11 2017 - 15:59, said:

I know that these mods give some advantage, and I think they should be banned, along with their users.

My point was only to say that there's a reason that 95% of cheating accusations are false for a reason. People can do without, and they can do damn well without.

Not disagreeing with you.

The threads claiming game mechanics are cheats and the fake aimbot threads do make one cynical on the issue. 

View PostFulcrous, on Dec 11 2017 - 16:12, said:

With all the tinfoil theories, it looks like most of you will be welcome at exposing-wot. :facepalm:

I think we already have one operator of the site and a couple of contributors in this thread so the lunatic fringe is well represented. 

dave_292 #37 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25208 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
As long as it is not name and sham IE the players name you will not get a mark for starting the thread. They will deleted it in a day or so because they don't like the cheating talk or people calling WOT out on the cheat system. I started a thread on Dec 4th about it and got a lot of views but it was taken down on the 7th. You can see someone if they are banned by looking them up. It shows up but not why. It looks the same if it is a temp ban for team kill and for hacks.

Lethalhavoc #38 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:26

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

View PostFulcrous, on Dec 11 2017 - 17:12, said:

Would you care to offer an explanation was to why the person in the video is not perma banned?

Awesomeman92 #39 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 667 battles
  • [-HEAT] -HEAT
I think that WG has done pretty well with cheaters, at least on NA servers, because I have never seen a cheater before playing WOT.

shinglefoot #40 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:31

Major

• Players
  • 22474 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

What I don't get is where is the pride in a job well done? There is nothing more satisfying than turning a battle in your favor. It's super rare for me, but still, it's an awesome feeling. I figure they are cheating themselves more than anything.

Just don't get it...

Also tagged with Cheating, Help, Unfair, Policy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users