Is WG really taking care of the cheaters?

Cheating Help Unfair Policy

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Hellsfog #41 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:32

Major

• Players
  • 32176 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on Dec 11 2017 - 16:26, said:

Would you care to offer an explanation was to why the person in the video is not perma banned?

Is it his first offense? There's your reason. You get the same punishment for using one illegal mod or one hundred.  First time, 7 days off, Second time, permanent vacation. 

Lethalhavoc #42 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:35

Major

• Players
  • 38719 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 11 2017 - 17:32, said:

Is it his first offense? There's your reason. You get the same punishment for using one illegal mod or one hundred.  First time, 7 days off, Second time, permanent vacation. 

As i pointed out previously, this is not the first time he has been "caught" streaming using illegal mods.

And if i'm not mistaken, the fair play policy is 2 strikes and out.......

dave_292 #43 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24348 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Its this simple all game have cheaters and they will always find a way in. As for why he was not perm banned yet he most likely has never been caught before. So the worst he will get is a 7 day. He has also not played a game in that account scene he live streamed. So if you really want change with WOT keep complaining about this and they will get annoyed and do something.

Hellsfog #44 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 22:52

Major

• Players
  • 32176 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on Dec 11 2017 - 16:35, said:

As i pointed out previously, this is not the first time he has been "caught" streaming using illegal mods.

And if i'm not mistaken, the fair play policy is 2 strikes and out.......

I don't know about the other, only this one.  Did WG sanction him for that time?  If not, they should have but if not, this is the first offense. I'm not disagreeing with you. I am only saying, we don't know. Maybe WG takes a longer look when a permanent ban is involved, which is good. The subject of the OP is notorious for purchasing/having multiple accounts. Maybe Wg is looking at all the accounts tied to an IP address, if they can even do that.  Maybe Tsavo is right and it's all a fake. You and I don't know what goes on over in Fair Play land, although I wish we did.  I like to believe WG is honestly trying to police the game. 

Lethalhavoc #45 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 23:18

Major

• Players
  • 38719 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 11 2017 - 17:52, said:

I don't know about the other, only this one.  Did WG sanction him for that time?  If not, they should have but if not, this is the first offense. I'm not disagreeing with you. I am only saying, we don't know. Maybe WG takes a longer look when a permanent ban is involved, which is good. The subject of the OP is notorious for purchasing/having multiple accounts. Maybe Wg is looking at all the accounts tied to an IP address, if they can even do that.  Maybe Tsavo is right and it's all a fake. You and I don't know what goes on over in Fair Play land, although I wish we did.  I like to believe WG is honestly trying to police the game. 

He's been openly doing it for over a year now.

As many forum users know, i'm pretty pro WG (the expose site calls me a company shill) but honestly, WG doesn't have a leg to stand on in this type of case.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, Dec 11 2017 - 23:24.

Hellsfog #46 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 23:33

Major

• Players
  • 32176 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on Dec 11 2017 - 17:18, said:

He's been openly doing it for over a year now.

Maybe.  I know about the guy's account shenanigans but this is the first on illegal mod use. A whole year? And yet, this is the first time it made it on to the forums?  With the amount of crazy we have running about here nobody recorded his stream before this? Even if the forum crazies didn't get him, he pissed off enough people with his unfounded arrogance and general [edited]ery that somebody would have outed him before now. I'm taking a wait and see with WG on this guy. 

Lethalhavoc #47 Posted Dec 11 2017 - 23:41

Major

• Players
  • 38719 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 11 2017 - 18:33, said:

Maybe.  I know about the guy's account shenanigans but this is the first on illegal mod use. A whole year? And yet, this is the first time it made it on to the forums?  With the amount of crazy we have running about here nobody recorded his stream before this? Even if the forum crazies didn't get him, he pissed off enough people with his unfounded arrogance and general [edited]ery that somebody would have outed him before now. I'm taking a wait and see with WG on this guy. 

The last time around, they were deleted fairly fast.

When was the last time i didn't defend WG on a controversial issue? If i'm on the other side of the fence, it's for a good reason and in this case it's because of the truth behind the fair play policy.

And that truth is that, WG doesn't enforce the fair play policy against a certain pay and premium illegal mod pack.

Is it's use rampant? I doubt it, but that doesn't change the fact that if you pay, WG ignores it.

It doesn't get anymore pay to win then this.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, Dec 11 2017 - 23:46.

Isola_di_Fano #48 Posted Dec 12 2017 - 16:28

Major

• Players
  • 20967 battles

View Postshinglefoot, on Dec 11 2017 - 16:31, said:

What I don't get is where is the pride in a job well done? There is nothing more satisfying than turning a battle in your favor. It's super rare for me, but still, it's an awesome feeling. I figure they are cheating themselves more than anything.

Just don't get it...

Funny society we live in.

For some, the pride, the challenge if you will, is to find a way to cheat and mess other people' games.

And who cares about honesty since this is a game ... that is how some think ...

Some can turn off values and beliefs at will .. when it is convenient.

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #49 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 15:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22602 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR

GeorgePreddy#10

He said on the video where to get the mods when he do streaming .... But yes he not banned on the game  He have full iligal mods inside same for aimbot doing automatique find the weak spot or to blow anything on the tanks . Big clans using it and big clans pay it big clans nto banned . but if us using it boom banned  just by exemple . anyways WG said that only edite your visual graphic and not the server . im sure he only laugh on us i think that do

Isola_di_Fano #50 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 20967 battles

I met a guy from that clan yesterday, and we started chatting a bit after battle;he was saying many people from big clans are using some/many hacks.

True or false I don't know. He did not seem overly concerned about what WG might do or say.

I suppose the lesson here would be to do our best, and kinda f*ck the rest. Keep on tanking.

Sgt__Guffy #51 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 22:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3356 battles

View Postshinglefoot, on Dec 11 2017 - 15:31, said:

What I don't get is where is the pride in a job well done? There is nothing more satisfying than turning a battle in your favor. It's super rare for me, but still, it's an awesome feeling. I figure they are cheating themselves more than anything.

Just don't get it...

The problem is how do you know if the enemy firing at you, that has outwitted you and destroyed you is a good player or a cheat? I admit I am clueless when it comes to cheats and equally clueless how you detect someone is using cheats when you are in a battle. If anyone knows what signs to look out for I'd be interested to know.To give you an idea when I watched the You Tube video the OP posted I initially thought the player with the laser was the cheat! 

To take Shinglefoot's point, ever since there have been games there have been cheats. Clever ones at that. Especially games that involve money exchanging hands. The marked playing cards being an example.

Why do people do it? As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, to make an average player look like a good player. It is one of the reasons I am against modifiers. I don't say players who use modifiers are cheats, but they have some advantage over other players who do not use them. To use an example, a legal modifier are the three viewing range circles, which WG recently made available to all players. You do not have to use them. So, if you don't, you have to estimate in a battle if an enemy can detect you, whereas a player using the circles would know instantly.

I have no idea how WG detects these cheats and removes them and players doing it. I would think it would take a lot of time and resources to do it. So much so, they probably treat it like team killers complaints, they wait until someone raises a ticket and investigate from the players complaint. Which goes back to my original question of how you detect cheats? Streaming and posting You Tube videos is probably the tip of the iceberg, and the people who do it cannot be very bright. "Hey, look at me cheating!" I don't understand why they are doing that.

Shinglefoot is right in what he says, but sadly the world is far from perfect and there will always be cheats.

Have fun, playing vanilla.

Guffy.

Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Dec 13 2017 - 22:18.

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #52 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 18:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22602 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR

View PostZanarkand_C, on Dec 11 2017 - 19:28, said:

Today I came across this video and I found it just crazy. Someone had live streamed their cheating with about 200 viewers and they are not banned? Also being a CO of a clan... that would just lead me to believe this clan things it's completely acceptable to cheat since the CO is doing it.

I am personally against ALL forms of mods and would rather WG not let any mods be allowed at all. To me that just seems like the best and easiest way to help reduce cheating in the game. I don't run any mods at all cause I feel the way the game ships (downloads) is how the creators intended the game to be played and I will play it this way.

But anyway lol I hope this thread gets attention cause I for one would like to see people like the fellow dandy in this video removed from the game and to top it off, that clan should not be able to participate in this current event.

Wg said just a graphic modification and is not cheats . but when people pay wg he not baned player like him for how he cheats

Benner2174 #53 Posted May 01 2018 - 16:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 27091 battles
  • [OOF] OOF

You just have to paypal WG money and they will allow you to use illegal mods. My buddy does it. WG is a company (a corrupt one at that) who are just interested in profit since their player base is going to [edited]. Why do you think they keep releasing prem tanks and dont fix any issues with the game like MM... MM doesnt make them money. They are just another bad company who are poorly managed... shame this game used to be so good.

Look at the new spamming in WoT of people selling marks, xp, and credits... these companies never existed before. Thats WG selling their own product under the disguise of a fake service, They are so desperate. And the fact that they spamming is constant shows the state of the game. People are willing to buy marks on tanks... so why do you think people wouldnt buy cheats and do it themselves its the same thing. In NA Id say at least 15-20% of the playerbase is using some form of illegal cheats. Theers a lot of good players in top clans... but theres also alot of players who cheat to be in the top clans... like MAHOU for one.

Edited by Benner2174, May 01 2018 - 16:36.

Genarelbetrayus #54 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18479 battles
  • [_PD_] _PD_
The real answer is no probably not.  :bush:

_Tsavo_ #55 Posted May 02 2018 - 02:48

Major

• Players
  • 40268 battles

View PostBenner2174, on May 01 2018 - 10:30, said:

Theers a lot of good players in top clans... but theres also alot of players who cheat to be in the top clans... like MAHOU for one.

Hang on, lemme take a deep breath...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Benner2174 #56 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 02:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 27091 battles
  • [OOF] OOF
WG as a company suck [edited]... they dont care about their player base... they dont acre about anything but profit.... pump out new OP prems and hope people buy them. WG hasnt cared about its playerbase since 3-4 years ago when illegal mods were and still are a major problem. If you cant beat em join em!

Bryukov #57 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 20:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43688 battles
  • [GYB] GYB

Caught the same guy - [BIBLE]. 2801 PR, no clear line of sight from an IS-3 to a hull down ST-I, puts 4 consecutive shots through the rock guarding my front hull.

Sent the video to WOT, like they ever do anything. If they don't ban this one, there is no hope.

_Tsavo_ #58 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 23:41

Major

• Players
  • 40268 battles

View PostBryukov, on Jun 10 2018 - 14:40, said:

Caught the same guy - [BIBLE]. 2801 PR, no clear line of sight from an IS-3 to a hull down ST-I, puts 4 consecutive shots through the rock guarding my front hull.

Sent the video to WOT, like they ever do anything. If they don't ban this one, there is no hope.

There's actually a fair few rocks and corners with collision models that don't line up with the visual model.  So that's likely not cheats there, sir.  Just bad modeling. 

FearTheBadger #59 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 16:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13127 battles
  • [R_I_R] R_I_R

I believe WG is not doing enough to ban cheating.  I see it all to often.

Springfield_Fats #60 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 13:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10156 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 11 2017 - 22:32, said:

Steraming yourself breaking an obvious rule in any multiplayer game should be an instant perma ban. You're showing no regard for other players and the rules laid out.

Also tagged with Cheating, Help, Unfair, Policy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users