Cheating Out of Control in WoT

War Pack Hacked cheaters

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

StahlJager #61 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 05:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 12110 battles
A good player can still out play some [edited]lord using cheats lmbo. Noobwargamer literally bought his account from an old CHAI player who quit. His original account had like 1300 overall.

Edited by StahlJager, Jan 08 2018 - 19:23.

Sir_Tomato_DroolsAlot #62 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 19:15

Major

• Players
  • 33072 battles
until WG goes to a system like Steam Uses, that gives u a VAC ban.. WG will never rid the game of cheaters.. to many injection type illegal mods nowadays where it just bypasses putting mods into the folder(s).. imagine a team that handed out VAC bans like candy due to all the cheating, WG would lose a ton of money, especially if the ones getting banned were the ones putting alot of money into the game..

Nunya_000 #63 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 19:24

Major

• Players
  • 20764 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostTomato_That_Drools_Alot, on Jan 08 2018 - 10:15, said:

until WG goes to a system like Steam Uses, that gives u a VAC ban.. WG will never rid the game of cheaters.. to many injection type illegal mods nowadays where it just bypasses putting mods into the folder(s).. imagine a team that handed out VAC bans like candy due to all the cheating, WG would lose a ton of money, especially if the ones getting banned were the ones putting alot of money into the game..

There are a couple of problems catching cheater in this game:

1. This game has an older game engine that is probably not set up to use the latest cheat detection programs available.

2. The cheats used in this game changes the data received from the server and manipulates what is seen (or interacted) on your monitor.  The data is not sent back to the server.  It is only utilized on the user end.  The only true way to prevent cheat mods is to make all things server-side, which will greatly increase the amount of data being sent between the user and the server, which will then increase ping for most players.

Kelly_Sereda #64 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 20:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9105 battles

View PostKarl__Childers, on Dec 12 2017 - 04:51, said:

Of course there are people cheating but I doubt it's as rampant as the OP makes it sound.  I can't think of a single game where I was sure someone cheated. I know there have to have been some, but I couldn't tell it was happening...

Ditto except for one game.  An invisible tank moving and shooting super fast flanked our team and blew everyone up from behind.  Was crazy, and hilariously obvious.

Coming from old school CS where aim bots and wall hacks were illegal, I could totally 'feel' hacks, but I never get that feeling from Wot, especially since those hugely advantageous things are now game fearures.  If there are hacks going on (and I'm sure there must be), they aren't providing that game changing level of advantage.

Swearengen5 #65 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 21:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 47887 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

View Postgoldfinger_555, on Dec 12 2017 - 00:14, said:

For all those who are making excuses for those who might be cheating, just answer one question please. Should a player be allowed to play the game with any type of advantage small or large?

No.  WarGaming just can't seem to get it through their skulls that a balanced game would benefit WarGaming even more than the players. 

It's a dark comedy that WarGaming took years to even acknowledge that illegal mods were having an effect on the game, and then even longer to actually start banning players. 

It's still pathetic that they do not release the players' names.  Many I've discussed this with suspect this is because we would see that MANY of the banned players are members of high-ranked clans.

_Tsavo #66 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 21:29

Major

• Players
  • 38947 battles

View PostSwearengen5, on Jan 09 2018 - 15:24, said:

release the players' names.  

I'd be OK with this.  The Wall-o-Shame.

Spanktankk #67 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 21:48

Major

• Players
  • 32190 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

View PostGunadie, on Dec 11 2017 - 22:57, said:

Ya and gold ammo doesn't help as much as people think as well...

Ya Right !

Any cheat is a cheat whether it helps a player a little or a lot!

So by this logic:

Repair Kits are cheating

Med Kits are cheating

Module upgrades are cheating

I cheat every game I play.

StiffWind #68 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 09:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11689 battles

If you're in a game where you get killed off, jump into another players tank and watch.  Do this for awhile, and you'll see cheating.

Nunya_000 #69 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 20764 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostStiffWind, on Jan 10 2018 - 00:08, said:

If you're in a game where you get killed off, jump into another players tank and watch.  Do this for awhile, and you'll see cheating.

Then you should have no problems providing proof of this 'cheating' with a replay, since any replay will show the tanks you jumped to and their actions.  I'm betting that you will provide nothing.

dunniteowl #70 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 16:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 19488 battles

View PostStiffWind, on Jan 10 2018 - 02:08, said:

I'm so glad I didn't have a sip of tea before I read this.  I would have spit it out my nose as I laughed.

StiffWind #71 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 19:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11689 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Jan 10 2018 - 15:51, said:

Then you should have no problems providing proof of this 'cheating' with a replay, since any replay will show the tanks you jumped to and their actions.  I'm betting that you will provide nothing.

I'm betting I haven't bothered with it, as it would force me to "name and shame".  I win the bet.

Sgt__Guffy #72 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 22:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2288 battles

View Postrodzilla01mccloud, on Dec 11 2017 - 21:26, said:

I seldom ever post on any forum.  I just wanted to post about the great number of people cheating by using illegal mods.   Many will try to sell the point that its only a few.  However,  its not just few,  I'm seldom in a random match where someone isn't using the zoom out mod, the reload timer, fire hacks, aimbots and trigger bots.  Many times the team with the most cheat mods is the team that wins.  I've been playing for years and lately the cheaters are worse than ever as far as numbers go.  I don't use any mods at all.  I really wish they could disable mods.  I've discussed this with other players and many people believe that wargamming is profiting from the cheat mods like war pack and has no intention of banning anyone using it.  I pay for a premium account each month, however I'm to the point that I feel the cons out weight the pros in this game.  Reduced credits so you have a harder time grinding credits than exp.  Pay to win tanks like the E25, and cheat mods allowed like war pack have taken a huge toll on this game.  I'm seriously looking for a better game.  Better meaning a game where they put forth and honest effort to control cheating.  What is the point of playing a game where cheating is allowed?  I'm going to take the $$ I'm spending here and apply it to a different game in the near future.  I really hate losing all the time and effort I have in this game but the cheating is out of control.

Well hold on one cotton pickin' moment. You don't use aiming circles? That is a modifier WG introduced with an update. You can turn them off though.

As it happens I am in total agreement. 

Remove ALL modifiers and remove ALL doubt.

That includes the ones WG provided with current updates too. They are not required to play the game. If there were no modifiers it would be easier for players to detect cheating and report it to WG in the usual way. I'll be honest I don't know what kind of nefarious methods are used to cheat, having not done it myself and I would be clueless if anyone was cheating when firing at me. How can to detect it?

Probably WG needs to clear the muddied waters and assist players in telling them what the tell tale signs are to detect players who cheat.

Now, my take on it may seem a bit naive, but I would like to think we could play on a "level playing field" and the game is fair, in that players cannot play outside the rules. I don't think that is unreasonable, do you?

Have fun, playing nicely.

Guffy. 

HOTA_CHATON #73 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 12287 battles
  • [5160] 5160

View Post_Tsavo, on Dec 11 2017 - 21:56, said:

I'm always dubious of the out of control or prolific claims.  Cheats are being used, no doubt, but I also doubt the prolific level of use.

See, it's comments like this that keep the ability to cheat alive and well.  Where there is smoke, there is most certainly fire and it's usually much worse than you always imagine.  Let us install some really good Punk Buster Style software and see what the results are after a month or two.  Only if it is run correctly, efficiently, and actively.  I believe many of the aw poo-poo crowd will be surprised.

_Tsavo #74 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 38947 battles

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Jan 11 2018 - 16:14, said:

See, it's comments like this that keep the ability to cheat alive and well.  Where there is smoke, there is most certainly fire and it's usually much worse than you always imagine.  Let us install some really good Punk Buster Style software and see what the results are after a month or two.  Only if it is run correctly, efficiently, and actively.  I believe many of the aw poo-poo crowd will be surprised.

If this was Steam running the game, sure.  I don't trust WarGaming with any sort of active scan software.

OH HEY I FOUND A THING I DON'T LIKE!  

Oh, what did you find?

I FOUND A FOLDER NAMED SYSTEM32, ME NO LIKE THAT.  ALSO CHROME.EXE.

But, that's my browser and Windows stuff?

I DON'T CARE YOU NO RUN GAME WITH THOSE RUNNING.

But....

That's a bit of sarcasm to get my point out, I do want cheats to go the way of the dodo, but I don't trust WarGaming to do it competently.

Also tagged with War Pack, Hacked, cheaters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users