Jump to content


There should be a bond requirement to buy a tank, just not 4000...


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

MisterIndian #1 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 13:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 58039 battles
  • 271
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011

Hello ladies and gents, (if there is some mistakes in the wording or spelling then please excuse it. This was just a quick type up of my opinion on the matter at hand, and don't take offense to any of this, again.. This is just my opinion.)

 

Before I get the huge quantities of people crying and whining over this thread I'm making I would just like to point out a couple of things. So I have looked through this forum section and have saw so much whining and its honestly ridiculous. However I understand your reasons for the crying. I too was skeptical at first. But over the last couple of weeks I have been grinding bonds and have come to the realization that all wargaming wants to do is implement a new currency for the competitive players of world of tanks. I personally think this is a good idea and when looking into the whole "buying your reward tank for bonds if you make it into the top 3k in fame points" I think this is also a good idea. But 4000 is way too much.  I would honestly say that a price tag of 2,000 is a fair price. Here is my reasoning behind this:

 

- You can grind up to an average of 150-250 bonds very easily per day just from playing tier 10s. (I have been doing this myself)

 

- Depending on how well the clan does in clan fame points during the campaign will get you a nice multiplier on the bonds you have earned from personal fame points at the end. Using myself as an example here.. I have 800 bonds with my personal fame points which is fairly easy for an average to above average clan to get their players if they use the global map correctly. On top of that my clan will most likely be receiving a x2.5 or x3 maybe even x4 multiplier on top of that. So when doing the maths you can easily see that it is very much doable. My clan which is an average clan can earn such a substantial amount of bonds then so can anyone. Besides the pubbies which should not be handed out a participation reward for "trying" in this campaign. 

 

- Which brings me on to this point. A CLAN WARS REWARD TANK IS NOT A FREE TANK, YOU DON'T GET IT FOR PARTICIPATING. YOU GET IT FROM PLAYING WELL IN YOUR CLAN AS A TEAM AND WINNING. In my opinion the majority of clans/players complaining about the bond situation clearly don't understand that this is a COMPETITIVE CLAN EVENT, and just because your clan is doing terrible or you are doing terrible does not mean you should whine like a girl scout which was unable to sell her cookies. 

 

- WARGAMING SHOULD NOT BE CATERING TO THE PEOPLE WHO SCREAM AND SHOUT THE LOUDEST(which is all they have been doing for years)

 

Rant over. Please no one take offense to this, at the end of the day this is a game. We are all here to have fun. This is just my opinion on the situation which I thought I would share with you guys. Thanks again and goodluck for when the campaign kicks off again on the 15th. Much love <3



bobdaxx #2 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 13:21

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 33840 battles
  • 238
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    06-22-2013

The only gripe I have is that wg never mentioned reward tanks for bonds after the ranked seasons.  I spent 5k on vents.  Then comes the campaign and we are told that the tanks will cost 4k bonds.  Crap planning imo by wg. 

 

So let us sell the improved equipment back-even at a reduced rate and Im fine with it.  No gripes problem solved.

 

And dont count your fame points/clan position prematurely.  You wont know where you stand until the event is over and done with.  Never assume anything unless you are in the top 1 or 2 clans.  Everything under them is up for grabs. 

 

 



MisterIndian #3 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 13:24

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 58039 battles
  • 271
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011

View Postbobdaxx, on Dec 13 2017 - 12:21, said:

The only gripe I have is that wg never mentioned reward tanks for bonds after the ranked seasons.  I spent 5k on vents.  Then comes the campaign and we are told that the tanks will cost 4k bonds.  Crap planning imo by wg. 

 

So let us sell the improved equipment back-even at a reduced rate and Im fine with it.  No gripes problem solved.

 

And dont count your fame points/clan position prematurely.  You wont know where you stand until the event is over and done with.  Never assume anything unless you are in the top 1 or 2 clans.  Everything under them is up for grabs. 

 

 

 

One of my members of my clan said the same exact thing, he sent in a ticket to wargaming about it and wargaming told him he was able to resell his improved equipment for bonds as they realize they didn't give a lot of notice in advance. :)

Jackson120 #4 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 13:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20338 battles
  • 729
  • [INVIL] INVIL
  • Member since:
    03-29-2011

View PostMisterIndian, on Dec 13 2017 - 07:24, said:

 

One of my members of my clan said the same exact thing, he sent in a ticket to wargaming about it and wargaming told him he was able to resell his improved equipment for bonds as they realize they didn't give a lot of notice in advance. :)

 

wait, he said the option is going to be made available or he in particular was given the option given his specific request?

MisterIndian #5 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 13:31

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 58039 battles
  • 271
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011

View PostJackson120, on Dec 13 2017 - 12:29, said:

 

wait, he said the option is going to be made available or he in particular was given the option given his specific request?

 

He asked them, they said they would happily do it. I assume the same would go for anyone who wanted to resell their equipment. At least they are aware of their mistakes this time around and are trying to fix them it seems.

Devildog8 #6 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 13:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 9925 battles
  • 5,735
  • [BOLTS] BOLTS
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostMisterIndian, on Dec 13 2017 - 06:31, said:

 

He asked them, they said they would happily do it. I assume the same would go for anyone who wanted to resell their equipment. At least they are aware of their mistakes this time around and are trying to fix them it seems.

 

The main issue is outside bonds should not be a factor in a running campaign, if your in the top 3000 WG should make sure you have the bonds to receive the reward you earned, there isnt any other discussion that should take place.

Kekistani #7 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 13:51

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 26308 battles
  • 1,748
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015
Even though I have more than enough to buy it – feels weird to say that I'll buy a prize kek –, I agree that it should be revised. They said they're working on a solution for it but that doesn't explain exactly what they'll do. An event of such magnitude should reward enough Bonds for most players in the top 3000 and even more than that for those in higher positions. The way Bonds work you can barely fully pimp a tank with a full set of improved equipment. I mean even the best player in the best clan will have 7000 Bonds which isn't even enough for two pieces, not to mention 4000 of it goes to the reward tank.

JasonLeeStrickland #8 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 13:59

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 16001 battles
  • 372
  • [BOC] BOC
  • Member since:
    09-20-2014
nope, if you play on the reg and don't over use directives 4k bonds should be no big deal, if however you use directives all the time then that's your fault for not having enough when your clan does good enough for you to qualify

ChunkySquirrel #9 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 14:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 8328 battles
  • 3,430
  • [ICBMT] ICBMT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View PostKekistani, on Dec 13 2017 - 07:51, said:

Even though I have more than enough to buy it – feels weird to say that I'll buy a prize kek –, I agree that it should be revised. They said they're working on a solution for it but that doesn't explain exactly what they'll do. An event of such magnitude should reward enough Bonds for most players in the top 3000 and even more than that for those in higher positions. The way Bonds work you can barely fully pimp a tank with a full set of improved equipment. I mean even the best player in the best clan will have 7000 Bonds which isn't even enough for two pieces, not to mention 4000 of it goes to the reward tank.

 

what is this reward tank?

 



Agentt_Orange #10 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 14:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22358 battles
  • 303
  • [F_B_P] F_B_P
  • Member since:
    04-07-2013

I don't, currently, participate in Clan Wars (use to in a previous clan and don't desire to at this time) so with that said... shouldn't Reward Tanks be given as the prize to the top clan in the event (the participants, not entire clan) and bonds to boot?  The #2-5 clans in the event, or runner-ups, get bonds that could be used to "buy" the reward tank or be used to get the enhanced equipment, their individual choice.  WG did this a couple of years ago sans the bonds with the "license to buy" for those who didn't place first.  

On a similar note, WG should incorporate the bonds reward system for tournaments-- if and when they bring regular tournaments back. 

 



Comander_Cam #11 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 15:02

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19397 battles
  • 47
  • [CUCC] CUCC
  • Member since:
    11-19-2011

Id be fine with this. More of the top 3k players could get a tank. But the lower end of the 3k that might not have a good clan bond multiplier might still be left out for a tank. If your gonna make someone whos working 5+ hours a night to get a tank to then say you cant buy your reward here's sum camo is ridiculous. Plan A- Get rid of bond requirement just get a tank Plan B- Lower bond requirement for the tank Plan C- Get the tank for free and get the bonds as well ( i.e. getting both things) Plan D- allow players to pick between a tank or 4k bonds Plan E- Raise the amount of bonds earned for top 3k Plan F- just give the top 3k 4000 bonds to buy the tanks 

That's my opinion WG, I appreciate that they are fixing the issue but we don't know how it will be handled 

I'm in the top 1,000 in the alley of fame. With the amount of bonds I have and the amount id earn id still be about 500-600 bonds off


Edited by Comander_Cam, Dec 13 2017 - 15:03.


General_K #12 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 18:51

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20954 battles
  • 169
  • Member since:
    07-04-2013

View PostMisterIndian, on Dec 13 2017 - 12:12, said:

" My clan which is an average clan" 

 

 

 

OMG our commander just called us average :confused:  ... he tells us how great we are,,,, then posts this mendacity!  O M G :( 

 



Kekistani #13 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 21:06

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 26308 battles
  • 1,748
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015

View Post_ErwinRommel__, on Dec 13 2017 - 10:23, said:

 

what is this reward tank?

 

 

You'll be able to select between a variety of tier X reward tanks. Personally I'll choose the Object 907 as I don't have it yet.

Hellsfog #14 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 21:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 32247 battles
  • 4,735
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

I don't think the OP thought his post through carefully.  A player in a top 20-25% clan and in 20% to 25% of personal fame points, which in the past was always good enough to get a tank, would only receive about 1500 bonds. In which tier 10 campaign, before now, has being in the top 1500 players (25% of 6K participants) in terms of fame points failed to get a tank? 

 

The poor schnook in our example now has to grind 2500 bonds, which isn't easy on the NA server.  If he does well, gets all tier 10 matches and wins, he can expect about 15 bonds per battle which means he will play 167 battles. But since this is NA not every battle will be tier 10. But our guy get's lucky and gets a tier 10 battle 60% of the time. Now he's up to 234 battles. He has to win and he's average but his platoon mates carry to a 60% win rate. Now he's playing 327 battles.  If he doesn't do well in every battle, the total goes even higher.  This poor jerk is now working harder to grind bonds than anyone did playing the campaign. 

 

I agree with you that reward tanks should be an achievement. The notion that these tanks were an indication of skill died with personal fame points and the ability to select a tank from any previous campaigns.  There are so many trashy players running around with 907's that it's hard to accept that these are competitive events. 

 

None of this effects me.  I'm in what passes for a good clan these days, I'm doing well on fame points, I started with more than enough bonds to get the tank if I didn't already have the tanks. The present requirement for bonds is simply a [edited]punch to many players. 

 

All this might give you the impression that I'm okay with 50% of participants getting a tank. I'm not.  I simply don't see how WG can un[edited] this campaign to make it both fair and competitive. 

 

 

 



ChunkySquirrel #15 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 23:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 8328 battles
  • 3,430
  • [ICBMT] ICBMT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View PostKekistani, on Dec 13 2017 - 15:06, said:

 

You'll be able to select between a variety of tier X reward tanks. Personally I'll choose the Object 907 as I don't have it yet.

 

Is there a link to this info I'm complete lost 

Kekistani #16 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 23:31

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 26308 battles
  • 1,748
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015

View Post_ErwinRommel__, on Dec 13 2017 - 19:17, said:

 

Is there a link to this info I'm complete lost 

 

https://worldoftanks...it-regulations/

 

Expand the item "Awards", so under "10.1. Personal classification" you'll find the complete explanation.



Psychopinoy #17 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 19:54

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 32484 battles
  • 90
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013
Yea I don't know where WG got the 4000 bond requirement, which cost less then the permanent enhanced equipment you would put on the actually reward tank, lol....Meh, remove bond requirement. Shouldn't have to play campaign for 4-5 hours, then play another 4-5 hours a day grinding out bonds with our mystery MM for a campaign reward tank. In the words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that".  Lots of people are in school and have finals, day jobs, families etc...If you are able to play for 9 hours a day, then good for you.  If I obtain a license I should get a tank.  Its that simple. Hellfogs comments above are true. Grinding out bounds in the NA are not easy and those numbers are scary accurate.  Ask yourself this, If we were on the RU or EU server, would we still be having this conversation(s)? Probably not.

Edited by Psychopinoy, Dec 14 2017 - 20:35.


xmaster_chiefx #18 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 22:10

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 11884 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    10-16-2014
Not everyone has a chance to play every day to grind bonds (I understand you have until January 15th I believe) and many won't be able to play much from now to the deadline. Although I do agree that having a bond requirement of 4k is too high, on the contrary having a lower bond requirement would be more appropriate.

Lord_Covfefe #19 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 22:33

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 40487 battles
  • 23
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostMisterIndian, on Dec 13 2017 - 12:12, said:

Hello ladies and gents, (if there is some mistakes in the wording or spelling then please excuse it. This was just a quick type up of my opinion on the matter at hand, and don't take offense to any of this, again.. This is just my opinion.)

 

Before I get the huge quantities of people crying and whining over this thread I'm making I would just like to point out a couple of things. So I have looked through this forum section and have saw so much whining and its honestly ridiculous. However I understand your reasons for the crying. I too was skeptical at first. But over the last couple of weeks I have been grinding bonds and have come to the realization that all wargaming wants to do is implement a new currency for the competitive players of world of tanks. I personally think this is a good idea and when looking into the whole "buying your reward tank for bonds if you make it into the top 3k in fame points" I think this is also a good idea. But 4000 is way too much.  I would honestly say that a price tag of 2,000 is a fair price. Here is my reasoning behind this:

 

- You can grind up to an average of 150-250 bonds very easily per day just from playing tier 10s. (I have been doing this myself)

 

- Depending on how well the clan does in clan fame points during the campaign will get you a nice multiplier on the bonds you have earned from personal fame points at the end. Using myself as an example here.. I have 800 bonds with my personal fame points which is fairly easy for an average to above average clan to get their players if they use the global map correctly. On top of that my clan will most likely be receiving a x2.5 or x3 maybe even x4 multiplier on top of that. So when doing the maths you can easily see that it is very much doable. My clan which is an average clan can earn such a substantial amount of bonds then so can anyone. Besides the pubbies which should not be handed out a participation reward for "trying" in this campaign. 

 

- Which brings me on to this point. A CLAN WARS REWARD TANK IS NOT A FREE TANK, YOU DON'T GET IT FOR PARTICIPATING. YOU GET IT FROM PLAYING WELL IN YOUR CLAN AS A TEAM AND WINNING. In my opinion the majority of clans/players complaining about the bond situation clearly don't understand that this is a COMPETITIVE CLAN EVENT, and just because your clan is doing terrible or you are doing terrible does not mean you should whine like a girl scout which was unable to sell her cookies. 

 

- WARGAMING SHOULD NOT BE CATERING TO THE PEOPLE WHO SCREAM AND SHOUT THE LOUDEST(which is all they have been doing for years)

 

Rant over. Please no one take offense to this, at the end of the day this is a game. We are all here to have fun. This is just my opinion on the situation which I thought I would share with you guys. Thanks again and goodluck for when the campaign kicks off again on the 15th. Much love <3

 

I would like to check your math for that average 150-200 bonds a day craziness... A player of your skill would be averaging nearly 9 bonds a win in a full tier 10 match and that is being generous, which would take you roughly 16.66 games. So 17 games winning consistently which clearly doesn't happen for you with a recent of 52% so it would more realistically be 33 games which would have to be all tier 10. Which on the NA server as we're all aware doesn't happen, while 3 man platooning you can maybe get tier 10s 60% of the time again this is being very generous. So again we will increase the amount of games 33/.6 = 55 games. So for you to grind your 150 bonds a day you would have to play 55 games a day average of course. Every full tier 10 match lasting about 5 minutes thus giving you a total time played of 275 minutes. Which you are grinding on a night of campaign whilst battles are popping. Meaning you need about 6 hours of free time DAILY doing such. For callers such as myself I don't get time off to pub in the middle of the campaign, so it is much harder for me. This is why we are on here "crying" cause this 4000 bond requirement is ridiculous not our crying. Especially when in other campaigns the tank was given with the license. Thank you for your time!

MisterIndian #20 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 05:57

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 58039 battles
  • 271
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011

View PostLord_Covfefe, on Dec 14 2017 - 21:33, said:

 

I would like to check your math for that average 150-200 bonds a day craziness... A player of your skill would be averaging nearly 9 bonds a win in a full tier 10 match and that is being generous, which would take you roughly 16.66 games. So 17 games winning consistently which clearly doesn't happen for you with a recent of 52% so it would more realistically be 33 games which would have to be all tier 10. Which on the NA server as we're all aware doesn't happen, while 3 man platooning you can maybe get tier 10s 60% of the time again this is being very generous. So again we will increase the amount of games 33/.6 = 55 games. So for you to grind your 150 bonds a day you would have to play 55 games a day average of course. Every full tier 10 match lasting about 5 minutes thus giving you a total time played of 275 minutes. Which you are grinding on a night of campaign whilst battles are popping. Meaning you need about 6 hours of free time DAILY doing such. For callers such as myself I don't get time off to pub in the middle of the campaign, so it is much harder for me. This is why we are on here "crying" cause this 4000 bond requirement is ridiculous not our crying. Especially when in other campaigns the tank was given with the license. Thank you for your time!

I am also a caller for my clan as well as the commander. And understand the struggles that come along with with those responsibilities etc.. I also understand that a 4,000 bond requirement is a little too much for the NA server, given the fact that it doesnt have the population to where you can get grand battles/pub matches at tier 10 as easily as you could on the EU/RU servers. But as you can read from the title I am agreeing with you completely. I just dont agree that the bond requirement should be removed completely as they are pretty easily obtainable along with the fact that 3000 people will get the tank if they dont have this bond requirement in place and roughly there is only 5400 people participating.. I just see clan wars tanks as special tanks and in my opinion they wont be so special if 65% or so of the people participating get one. Like I said. All I am saying is, dont remove the bond requirement completely. Just lower it to somewhere along the lines of 2,000 bonds or so. Or increase the amount of bonds you can get based on how well your clan does or how well you do personally.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users