There should be a bond requirement to buy a tank, just not 4000...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

atf2901 #21 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 15:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17850 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostMisterIndian, on Dec 13 2017 - 12:12, said:

Hello ladies and gents, (if there is some mistakes in the wording or spelling then please excuse it. This was just a quick type up of my opinion on the matter at hand, and don't take offense to any of this, again.. This is just my opinion.)

Before I get the huge quantities of people crying and whining over this thread I'm making I would just like to point out a couple of things. So I have looked through this forum section and have saw so much whining and its honestly ridiculous. However I understand your reasons for the crying. I too was skeptical at first. But over the last couple of weeks I have been grinding bonds and have come to the realization that all wargaming wants to do is implement a new currency for the competitive players of world of tanks. I personally think this is a good idea and when looking into the whole "buying your reward tank for bonds if you make it into the top 3k in fame points" I think this is also a good idea. But 4000 is way too much.  I would honestly say that a price tag of 2,000 is a fair price. Here is my reasoning behind this:

- You can grind up to an average of 150-250 bonds very easily per day just from playing tier 10s. (I have been doing this myself)

- Depending on how well the clan does in clan fame points during the campaign will get you a nice multiplier on the bonds you have earned from personal fame points at the end. Using myself as an example here.. I have 800 bonds with my personal fame points which is fairly easy for an average to above average clan to get their players if they use the global map correctly. On top of that my clan will most likely be receiving a x2.5 or x3 maybe even x4 multiplier on top of that. So when doing the maths you can easily see that it is very much doable. My clan which is an average clan can earn such a substantial amount of bonds then so can anyone. Besides the pubbies which should not be handed out a participation reward for "trying" in this campaign. 

- Which brings me on to this point. A CLAN WARS REWARD TANK IS NOT A FREE TANK, YOU DON'T GET IT FOR PARTICIPATING. YOU GET IT FROM PLAYING WELL IN YOUR CLAN AS A TEAM AND WINNING. In my opinion the majority of clans/players complaining about the bond situation clearly don't understand that this is a COMPETITIVE CLAN EVENT, and just because your clan is doing terrible or you are doing terrible does not mean you should whine like a girl scout which was unable to sell her cookies. 

- WARGAMING SHOULD NOT BE CATERING TO THE PEOPLE WHO SCREAM AND SHOUT THE LOUDEST(which is all they have been doing for years)

Rant over. Please no one take offense to this, at the end of the day this is a game. We are all here to have fun. This is just my opinion on the situation which I thought I would share with you guys. Thanks again and goodluck for when the campaign kicks off again on the 15th. Much love <3

I was skepptical too but now i have well over enough to get the 907. Hell ill have an extra 2.5k after. Yesterday alone i made 150 bonds playing the badger with a 3.5k win8 lol its not hard just play

atf2901 #22 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 15:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17850 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostComander_Cam, on Dec 13 2017 - 14:02, said:

Id be fine with this. More of the top 3k players could get a tank. But the lower end of the 3k that might not have a good clan bond multiplier might still be left out for a tank. If your gonna make someone whos working 5+ hours a night to get a tank to then say you cant buy your reward here's sum camo is ridiculous. Plan A- Get rid of bond requirement just get a tank Plan B- Lower bond requirement for the tank Plan C- Get the tank for free and get the bonds as well ( i.e. getting both things) Plan D- allow players to pick between a tank or 4k bonds Plan E- Raise the amount of bonds earned for top 3k Plan F- just give the top 3k 4000 bonds to buy the tanks 

That's my opinion WG, I appreciate that they are fixing the issue but we don't know how it will be handled 

I'm in the top 1,000 in the alley of fame. With the amount of bonds I have and the amount id earn id still be about 500-600 bonds off

i feel how you are im in the top 500 and the grind was hard as hell but its dueable

Swifty__ #23 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 20:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14550 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostMisterIndian, on Dec 13 2017 - 07:12, said:

Hello ladies and gents, (if there is some mistakes in the wording or spelling then please excuse it. This was just a quick type up of my opinion on the matter at hand, and don't take offense to any of this, again.. This is just my opinion.)

Before I get the huge quantities of people crying and whining over this thread I'm making I would just like to point out a couple of things. So I have looked through this forum section and have saw so much whining and its honestly ridiculous. However I understand your reasons for the crying. I too was skeptical at first. But over the last couple of weeks I have been grinding bonds and have come to the realization that all wargaming wants to do is implement a new currency for the competitive players of world of tanks. I personally think this is a good idea and when looking into the whole "buying your reward tank for bonds if you make it into the top 3k in fame points" I think this is also a good idea. But 4000 is way too much.  I would honestly say that a price tag of 2,000 is a fair price. Here is my reasoning behind this:

- You can grind up to an average of 150-250 bonds very easily per day just from playing tier 10s. (I have been doing this myself)

- Depending on how well the clan does in clan fame points during the campaign will get you a nice multiplier on the bonds you have earned from personal fame points at the end. Using myself as an example here.. I have 800 bonds with my personal fame points which is fairly easy for an average to above average clan to get their players if they use the global map correctly. On top of that my clan will most likely be receiving a x2.5 or x3 maybe even x4 multiplier on top of that. So when doing the maths you can easily see that it is very much doable. My clan which is an average clan can earn such a substantial amount of bonds then so can anyone. Besides the pubbies which should not be handed out a participation reward for "trying" in this campaign. 

- Which brings me on to this point. A CLAN WARS REWARD TANK IS NOT A FREE TANK, YOU DON'T GET IT FOR PARTICIPATING. YOU GET IT FROM PLAYING WELL IN YOUR CLAN AS A TEAM AND WINNING. In my opinion the majority of clans/players complaining about the bond situation clearly don't understand that this is a COMPETITIVE CLAN EVENT, and just because your clan is doing terrible or you are doing terrible does not mean you should whine like a girl scout which was unable to sell her cookies. 

- WARGAMING SHOULD NOT BE CATERING TO THE PEOPLE WHO SCREAM AND SHOUT THE LOUDEST(which is all they have been doing for years)

Rant over. Please no one take offense to this, at the end of the day this is a game. We are all here to have fun. This is just my opinion on the situation which I thought I would share with you guys. Thanks again and goodluck for when the campaign kicks off again on the 15th. Much love <3

I agree with what you are saying. I do disagree about one thing, you are correct reward tanks are not nor have they ever been free, you got them by working your [edited]off in CW for 3 weeks and earning it. In my opinion that is enough, I don't think you should have to purchase it with bonds, however if the price is low enough that you can earn the required bonds from play clan wars I think that is fine. What everyone is crying about right now is not that you have to purchase a tank with bonds, it is that you can not gather the required bonds for the tank unless you are in a top tier clan, top 10 really. I don't think you should have to do additional grinding for a tank then that you already put into CW. Like you said this is just my opinion and my thoughts on the matter. Doesn't really matter to me that much because I had 4,500 bonds before the campaign even began just from pubs.

Swifty__ #24 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 20:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14550 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
I know in the current standings players in both out clans will have to figure something out if WG doesn't make a change because they will not earn enough bonds.

Swifty__ #25 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 20:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14550 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
Honestly what I would like from them is an answer either way soon rather the later so people can figure out what they need to do

Gamisou #26 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 01:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14249 battles
I spent my bonds on upgrades now I have almost none, does this mean I have been playing the Gambit for nothing?

HI_FIVE #27 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 05:21

Major

• Players
  • 44004 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

View PostGamisou, on Dec 18 2017 - 20:53, said:

I spent my bonds on upgrades now I have almost none, does this mean I have been playing the Gambit for nothing?

Shakes head

RotorBlades #28 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 08:33

Private

• Players
  • 30763 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

Hope everyone had a good campaign. It’s unfortunate that the need for bonds to claim the Gambit campaign reward was not advertised once the beta currency was introduced. That information would have given plenty of time for the folks that have family and work commitments to build up a supply over the last few months. This info would also have allowed folks that spent their bonds on directives and equipment to plan for a reserve bond pool.

No requirement for alternate currencies has ever been introduced for tournament or league payouts.

WG this was a really clunky way too force a new currency.

Good Luck on the Battle field and don’t suck!

P.S. Shoot the Red tanks… Please…

Edited by RotorBlades, Dec 21 2017 - 08:42.

__Geist__ #29 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 01:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 46289 battles
  • [ARKAM] ARKAM
i am still confused as to how it is acceptable for people to have to pay anything for a reward tank. when you go to the fair do you pay for the prize you win?

The_Wild_Weasel #30 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 18:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26687 battles

View Post__Geist__, on Jan 08 2018 - 19:21, said:

i am still confused as to how it is acceptable for people to have to pay anything for a reward tank. when you go to the fair do you pay for the prize you win?

This 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users