EMBLEMS STILL NOT WORKING

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

CDN_Peacekeeper #1 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 15:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34434 battles

Seriously WG.

I want to spend GOLD to put emblems on my tanks and the game still crashes even after this update...

YOU DO REALIZE YOU GUYS ARE LOSING MONEY RIGHT????

Fix it already...

FFS

holdmecloserTonyDanza #2 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 15:11

Major

• Players
  • 61445 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
if it's about money you know they actually will fix it..anything else it would be weeks if not months

CDN_Peacekeeper #3 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 15:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34434 battles

Its been months..

Every time I go to change emblem... game crashes..

black_colt #4 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 16:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostCDN_Peacekeeper, on Dec 13 2017 - 06:04, said:

Seriously WG.

I want to spend GOLD to put emblems on my tanks and the game still crashes even after this update...

Fix it already...

FFS

Have you raised a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers as they produced the WoT Mac Wrapper since you have been experiencing this for [months]?

If not, here is the URL - select [Other /Unknown] in the CrossOver Version - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

Edited by black_colt, Dec 13 2017 - 17:40.

ISNomads #5 Posted Dec 13 2017 - 21:31

Major

• Players
  • 32955 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View PostCDN_Peacekeeper, on Dec 13 2017 - 06:04, said:

Seriously WG.

Fix it already...

FFS

Are you on the latest wrapper version? If you did that workaround a while back, you may have an old version that may not support things properly.

That is about all I can add to the discussion because I am not near my Mac to see if I can reproduce. I do know that lately I have not experienced crashes related to the display of emblems in quite a while, hence the question.

Edited by ISNomads, Dec 13 2017 - 21:33.

CDN_Peacekeeper #6 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 12:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34434 battles

View PostISNomads, on Dec 13 2017 - 21:31, said:

Are you on the latest wrapper version? If you did that workaround a while back, you may have an old version that may not support things properly.

That is about all I can add to the discussion because I am not near my Mac to see if I can reproduce. I do know that lately I have not experienced crashes related to the display of emblems in quite a while, hence the question.

Come to think of it... I haven't had an update for the wrapper in a while... it used to come up every so often but haven't seen it.

How do I update it??

CDN_Peacekeeper #7 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 14:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34434 battles

Ok.. I'm somewhat confused...

I have the game installed and it runs perfectly (minus the emblem problem)

Do I need to download the Mac Wrapper and install that too?  Question is.. I did have it at one point and now it appears to be gone?

I downloaded the latest version 'worldoftanks_na.dmg'

Do I need to install that? afraid to because my game is working without issue.

black_colt #8 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 17:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostCDN_Peacekeeper, on Dec 14 2017 - 05:21, said:

Ok.. I'm somewhat confused...

I have the game installed and it runs perfectly (minus the emblem problem)

Do I need to download the Mac Wrapper and install that too?  Question is.. I did have it at one point and now it appears to be gone?

I downloaded the latest version 'worldoftanks_na.dmg'

Do I need to install that? afraid to because my game is working without issue.

Are you running the game in an emulator - e.g. CrossOver, Plays-for-Mac, Parallels?

CDN_Peacekeeper #9 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 17:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34434 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Dec 14 2017 - 17:18, said:

Are you running the game in an emulator - e.g. CrossOver, Plays-for-Mac, Parallels?

nope... just standard I guess

black_colt #10 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 01:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostCDN_Peacekeeper, on Dec 14 2017 - 08:21, said:

nope... just standard I guess

If you have a [World of Tanks app] in your [Application folder] and you are running OS X/macOS then you have the WoT Mac Wrapper installed.

Please go to [Applications], click on the [World of Tanks app], right-mouse click and select [Get Info] - in the window that pops up look under [General] for the [Version].  It should be 2.0.12.

What is the version of the WoT Mac Wrapper in your [Applications] folder?

CDN_Peacekeeper #11 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 12:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34434 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Dec 15 2017 - 01:02, said:

If you have a [World of Tanks app] in your [Application folder] and you are running OS X/macOS then you have the WoT Mac Wrapper installed.

Please go to [Applications], click on the [World of Tanks app], right-mouse click and select [Get Info] - in the window that pops up look under [General] for the [Version].  It should be 2.0.12.

What is the version of the WoT Mac Wrapper in your [Applications] folder?

2.0.1 is what it says

Slatherer #12 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 13:11

Major

• Players
  • 32529 battles
I had this happen whenever I clicked on exterior to access camo, emblems, etc.  Game crash.

I'd load in safe mode whenever I wanted to work on any exterior stuff, then reload normal after I was done.

This lasted months until a certain patch mysteriously fixed it.

Was on a pc though.

black_colt #13 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 17:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostCDN_Peacekeeper, on Dec 15 2017 - 03:53, said:

2.0.1 is what it says

Then I recommend that you remove and install the latest WoT Mac Wrapper.

The next steps will [Delete Completely] and [Disable Torrents].  I recommend that all users of the WoT Mac Wrapper disable Torrents.

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208:

http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/

If open quit the WoT Mac Wrapper and make sure all world_of_tanks processes are quit/closed. Use [Activity Monitor] in [Applications][Utilities] and force-quit any open world_of_tank processes.

Install the Studly Utility

Go to [Documents] then [WoT] and duplicate the [replays] folder.  Move that duplicated folder to the Desktop.

Launch the Studly Utility

NOTE: If you want to keep your replays you must duplicate the [replays] folder and move it to the Desktop. The next step will completely delete all files.

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Delete Completely] then Click on [OK] in the next dialog box.

Next click on [Live Server] and click on your region. Your web browser will open and download the region-appropriate DMG.  After download completes - double click on the DMG and drag the WoT Mac Wrapper app to the [Applications] folder.  After the app copies eject the DMG.

Double click on the app to launch and wait until you see [Updating game client:] then click on the double vertical lines immediately to the left of [PLAY] button to stop the update.

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Go Back to/Relaunch the Studly Utility

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Disable Torrents]

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper.  

Install any updates to the WoT Mac Wrapper - this is separate from game updates which happen in the [PLAY] dialog box after the WoT Mac Wrapper finishes launching.

CDN_Peacekeeper #14 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 17:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34434 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Dec 15 2017 - 17:42, said:

Then I recommend that you remove and install the latest WoT Mac Wrapper.

The next steps will [Delete Completely] and [Disable Torrents].  I recommend that all users of the WoT Mac Wrapper disable Torrents.

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208:

http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/

If open quit the WoT Mac Wrapper and make sure all world_of_tanks processes are quit/closed. Use [Activity Monitor] in [Applications][Utilities] and force-quit any open world_of_tank processes.

Install the Studly Utility

Go to [Documents] then [WoT] and duplicate the [replays] folder.  Move that duplicated folder to the Desktop.

Launch the Studly Utility

NOTE: If you want to keep your replays you must duplicate the [replays] folder and move it to the Desktop. The next step will completely delete all files.

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Delete Completely] then Click on [OK] in the next dialog box.

Next click on [Live Server] and click on your region. Your web browser will open and download the region-appropriate DMG.  After download completes - double click on the DMG and drag the WoT Mac Wrapper app to the [Applications] folder.  After the app copies eject the DMG.

Double click on the app to launch and wait until you see [Updating game client:] then click on the double vertical lines immediately to the left of [PLAY] button to stop the update.

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Go Back to/Relaunch the Studly Utility

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Disable Torrents]

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper.  

Install any updates to the WoT Mac Wrapper - this is separate from game updates which happen in the [PLAY] dialog box after the WoT Mac Wrapper finishes launching.

Thanks for your help...

But I'm not gonna do all that... seems way to complicated to me.

CDN_Peacekeeper #15 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 18:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34434 battles

do I have to reinstall the game if I do all this.. or is it just the wrapper..

also.. I noticed the link you provided to the utility if for 9.17 patch of tanks?  will it even work?

black_colt #16 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 20:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostCDN_Peacekeeper, on Dec 15 2017 - 09:00, said:

do I have to reinstall the game if I do all this.. or is it just the wrapper..

also.. I noticed the link you provided to the utility if for 9.17 patch of tanks?  will it even work?

You cannot run an MS Windows game on OS X/macOS natively.

The WoT Mac Wrapper [wraps] the MS Window game so that it can run on OS X/macOS.  

I suspect that you mistaking the [World of Tanks app] in your [Application folder] as the World of Tanks game. CodeWeavers/Wargaming made the decision to use the same icon for the MS Windows game and the WoT Mac Wrapper which can be confusing.

Yes the Studly Utility will work with the WoT Mac Wrapper [v2.0.12] and the World of Tanks game [v9.21] that it wraps.  I just used it last night on my iMac which is running macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 Beta to disable Torrents without issue.

I have used the Studly Utility extensively on both my iMac and MacBook Pro without issue.  And it has worked, without issue, for many in this Forum.

CDN_Peacekeeper #17 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 22:14

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34434 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Dec 15 2017 - 20:51, said:

You cannot run an MS Windows game on OS X/macOS natively.

The WoT Mac Wrapper [wraps] the MS Window game so that it can run on OS X/macOS.  

I suspect that you mistaking the [World of Tanks app] in your [Application folder] as the World of Tanks game. CodeWeavers/Wargaming made the decision to use the same icon for the MS Windows game and the WoT Mac Wrapper which can be confusing.

Yes the Studly Utility will work with the WoT Mac Wrapper [v2.0.12] and the World of Tanks game [v9.21] that it wraps.  I just used it last night on my iMac which is running macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 Beta to disable Torrents without issue.

I have used the Studly Utility extensively on both my iMac and MacBook Pro without issue.  And it has worked, without issue, for many in this Forum.

OK...

So I did all the steps you have laid out for me.

1  The worldoftanks_na.dmg file didn't download automatically so I found it from the world of tanks website and downloaded it myself.

2. I'm assuming this deleted all my preferences correct?

3. I got a message saying the rapper was the most up to date version.

4. The game is now updating... first update is over 3 gigs?  is that right?  Is the game downloading from the beginning?

CDN_Peacekeeper #18 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 00:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34434 battles

black_colt

So after downloading abot 9 gigs of game data...Everything works.

Emblem's are now working without crashing and was able to sell 9,000,000 credits worth..

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and help me thru this issue.

Thanks again :)

black_colt #19 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 03:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostCDN_Peacekeeper, on Dec 15 2017 - 13:14, said:

OK...

So I did all the steps you have laid out for me.

1  The worldoftanks_na.dmg file didn't download automatically so I found it from the world of tanks website and downloaded it myself.

2. I'm assuming this deleted all my preferences correct?

3. I got a message saying the rapper was the most up to date version.

4. The game is now updating... first update is over 3 gigs?  is that right?  Is the game downloading from the beginning?

View PostCDN_Peacekeeper, on Dec 15 2017 - 15:55, said:

black_colt

So after downloading abot 9 gigs of game data...Everything works.

Emblem's are now working without crashing and was able to sell 9,000,000 credits worth..

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and help me thru this issue.

Thanks again :)

Will reach out to dstud208 about the links and update my instructions

Good to hear that the issue was resolved.

Welcome - no worries - just wanted to get you and others running the WoT Mac Wrapper.

GadgetHackwrench #20 Posted Dec 23 2017 - 19:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17012 battles
  • [-RIPT] -RIPT
I have the same problem. Many people on Macs have experienced the emblem crashing problem because the usual updates have not caused problems that impact gameplay directly and people just shrug it off. At least now thanks to you I know the solution.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users