* * * - - 7 votes

[9.21] Customization Features

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Mikosah #21 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 04:56

Major

• Players
  • 17575 battles

The good news is that being able to adjust the size and color palettes of existing camo patterns is a lovely addition and gives us a lot of new material to work with. The more size options and color palettes you can add, the better. Even just the most generic greens, browns, and tans have a lot of potential for this purpose. Likewise for 'transparent' patterns that can interact with a customizable base color. And being able to relocate patterns you already have from one tank to another free of charge is a very nice touch as well. The freebie pattern and its alternate palettes we were given are not half bad either. And the weathering effects have potential (though the cost is exorbitant), still, more options and effects would be great to have.

The bad news is that it takes a lot of legwork to apply paint and then a camo pattern to all the different areas of the tank. And then adjusting one at a time can be a bit of a nuisance as well. Is there some shortcut to apply changes to the whole tank? If so it wasn't very intuitive. And as an extension of that, random combinations of different 'historical' paints are hardly any better than the bright neon colors. Truthfully, a great deal of trouble could be solved by just applying each paint or camo pattern to the whole tank. Also, why aren't silly paint schemes like the 'patriot' and 'liberte' counted as unhistorical?

All that said, this is my favorite new scheme thus far: https://image.ibb.co/cwMvs6/shot_025.jpg

PoliticallyIncorrectName #22 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 05:43

Captain

• Players
  • 55835 battles

Thanks for deleting my original post about the screw up on emblems not locked for vehicles (now you can let's say move "mastery" emblem from Chi-Nu to Conqueror GC that never had a mission for it)

Also, for moveing camouflage from tank to tank, effectively trippleing the amount of camouflage in depot

as well as Sabaton inscriptions being duplicated

Why ask for feedback when you delete/ban those that actually provide this feedback

Because your previous post violated both the Forum and WCFR Rules. - CM 

Edited by CabbageMechanic, Dec 14 2017 - 20:02.

n4cer67 #23 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 15:56

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16555 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
Update with customization is a good idea but why don't all the tanks have the same level of customization? Some you can only adjust the size of the camo pattern while others get paint and the ability to alter the colors used in the camo pattern. Would be great if all the tanks could get the paint and color options instead of just a few.

Tahllol #24 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 06:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10540 battles
useless and overpriced paint scheming.

t8z5h3 #25 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 03:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36766 battles
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS

Hi, 

looking at the  leachtractor I found all the camo to be muted in color or looking like there was a layer of dust over the paint .

my feeling is that at the start of battle unless configured in the garage the all camo should be bright and without blemish (I love that tank why would I take it into battle looking dusty and dirty) 

i look forward to the other custom element yet to be shown off ( moving oversized bush with gun anyone?) 

AZandEL #26 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 04:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26285 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on Dec 13 2017 - 19:31, said:

You're going in the right direction . I would like three digit Turret and hull numerals in different national styles in the future.

Now thats a good idea. +1

Honestly I can't figure out this new camo deal and have no clue why it changed or if its better or worse. I just wished I could have gotten the Afrika Korps "dunkel gelb" on my german tanks.

steelrain97 #27 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 03:57

Captain

• Players
  • 41309 battles
First off, the new customization features are cool, the interface is relatively easy to use, and overall pretty well done. The one area that could be done better is the lighting of the garage while in the "paint shop". Its pretty difficult to see what the end result will actually look like because the garage is so dark. The Christmas garage is very nice, but it is very dark and can make it difficult to actually see the elements of the paint scheme and how it will actually look in game. I would suggest that the customization garage be separated from the in-game garage and that the customization garage be well lit at all times regardless of the garage screen background and lighting.

Edited by steelrain97, Dec 17 2017 - 03:57.

GeorgePreddy #28 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 13:59

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostGaussDeath, on Dec 14 2017 - 00:00, said:

The new camo system works fine at all tiers. You are confusing it with the customization paint system that is limited to tier 8 premium tanks and tier 10 tanks. 

I have also started rearranging all my camo. Pulling camo off of low tiers and putting them on the bodies of higher tier tanks. 

I did not understand that the new camo system was in place for ALL tiers, you're right. I have perm camo on every tank and haven't bought a new tank since the patch.

Thanks for your answer.

GaussDeath #29 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 15:26

Captain

• Players
  • 55568 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Dec 17 2017 - 05:59, said:

I did not understand that the new camo system was in place for ALL tiers, you're right. I have perm camo on every tank and haven't bought a new tank since the patch.

Thanks for your answer.

I am kicking myself for is not taking a closer look at the new camo system before the patch. If I had I would've stocked up on tier 1 and 2 camo. Normally I don't let stuff like that slip past me but this time it did. 

TitaniumKnees #30 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 17:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39173 battles
  • [TANQC] TANQC

Little problem here, Just want to know if I'm the only one? If I install emblems that I already have and then go to preset camo section, I lose the emblems, same thing in reverse, Put preset camo on and if I go to custom and choose a emblem camo is gone.....

If you had the same problem and find a way around it please let me know. 

Edited by TitaniumKnees, Dec 17 2017 - 17:37.

Katyusha_454 #31 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 09:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8363 battles
Not being able to rent custom camo makes this new system a huge downgrade for me.  You've taken content that used to be free and locked it behind a paywall.  That is completely unacceptable.  I am extremely disappointed in WG for taking such an anti-consumer step.  The new features may be nice but the massive slap in the face to those of us who don't feel like dumping absurd amounts of money into the game means the old system was better.  I would far rather lose all the new features and go back to the old system if it meant customization was accessible to all again.  I've been focusing on WoWS for a while and I was thinking about coming back to WoT but cutting off my access to formerly-free content means I can no longer play or support this game.

GaussDeath #32 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 09:46

Captain

• Players
  • 55568 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostKatyusha_454, on Dec 18 2017 - 01:05, said:

Not being able to rent custom camo makes this new system a huge downgrade for me.  You've taken content that used to be free and locked it behind a paywall.  That is completely unacceptable.  I am extremely disappointed in WG for taking such an anti-consumer step.  The new features may be nice but the massive slap in the face to those of us who don't feel like dumping absurd amounts of money into the game means the old system was better.  I would far rather lose all the new features and go back to the old system if it meant customization was accessible to all again.  I've been focusing on WoWS for a while and I was thinking about coming back to WoT but cutting off my access to formerly-free content means I can no longer play or support this game.

Before, you have to spend credits to gain a camo bonus but it was time based. Now, you spend credits to gain a camo bonus but it is number of battles based.
This is a disadvantage for those that mainly grind 1-3 tanks a day and an advantage for those that play many tanks in a day. 

Before, if you wanted permanent camo you had to spend gold. Now, you have 3 tanks worth of FREE permanent camo. 
This is an advantage for EVERYONE but mainly those who grind 1-3 tanks a day. (See my former point.) 

This is a huge upgrade imo. It benefits those who play 1-3 tanks a lot each day and it benefits those who play a lot of tanks a little bit each day. 

Near as I can figure, the only group that it hurts are the ones that want 'pretty camo'. But that is not a mechanical benefit. 

Darkbee2Bee #33 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 15:17

Major

• Players
  • 32970 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

You need to rethink the Ace Tanker Mastery emblems.  They should operate more like marks of excellence that actual emblems.  I completed the Bulldog Mastery mission yesterday and received 1.  At a minimum I should receive 3, now that we're forced to apply the emblems, 1 per season.  In addition, it seems kind of silly that we can apply it to any tank, rather than just the tank that we completed the mission for it in.

In addition, I had previously completed the mastery mission in my ST-I.  That tank had the mastery emblem on it after the patch, which is great, but I was credited with 3.  Again, these can be applied to any tank I wish and kind of makes the whole thing redundant and pointless.

The whole thing is now pretty broken IMO.  It serves no real meaning or purpose as these new customization options have made it nothing more than just another cosmetic.

TitaniumKnees #34 Posted Dec 19 2017 - 15:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39173 battles
  • [TANQC] TANQC
An emblem is what it is, first I don't know why you have to use21 for each season, If it's good for one it should be good for all, Also, you can't do both, put emblem and preset camouflage. You have to pay 150 gold for 3 season camouflage to put your mission gain emblems on, if you put the preset camouflage on, you lose the emblem you pay for or got for free. I think it's another way for you to get money. At least, you should give gold for country emblem we don't use, not credit. You give 10000 credit for an emblem you sell for 50 gold. I have about 150 Brazilian, Mexican and others I could sell. at least if I could have the choice of selling them for credit or gold it would help us more.....

Avalon304 #35 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 04:07

Major

• Players
  • 18528 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Oh... additional feedback on the new system: The free compensation camo we got for the changes... I want to be able to get more of it for other tanks... it looks cool.

P_A_N_Z_E_R #36 Posted Dec 23 2017 - 03:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46298 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Still cant figure out how to apply camo. I thought I finally succeded after 4 attempts. But.... then the emblem disappeared. Put the emblem back and camo is gone again. Seriously why did you have to break something that was working  perfectly fine before. Very frustrating.

GaussDeath #37 Posted Dec 23 2017 - 09:30

Captain

• Players
  • 55568 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostP_A_N_Z_E_R, on Dec 22 2017 - 19:01, said:

Still cant figure out how to apply camo. I thought I finally succeded after 4 attempts. But.... then the emblem disappeared. Put the emblem back and camo is gone again. Seriously why did you have to break something that was working  perfectly fine before. Very frustrating.

If you are using the 'preset style' camo you cannot combine it with any emblems. It is all one package. 

PanzerReg852 #38 Posted Dec 24 2017 - 20:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32277 battles
  • [AC-DC] AC-DC

Hey, DumbAzz WOT ,

Why Don't U Fix your Broken MM, RNG, ARTY......Those need to be fixed...for the Last 6 1/2 yrs...Your Customer's have been complaining Too U about those!!

So Just Remove Your Head From Your Azz Hole and do things Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Merry Fricking Chirstmax!!!!!!

P_A_N_Z_E_R #39 Posted Dec 24 2017 - 22:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46298 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGaussDeath, on Dec 23 2017 - 09:30, said:

If you are using the 'preset style' camo you cannot combine it with any emblems. It is all one package. 

Ahh I see thank you. So you can only buy emblems witj gold now? Now it makes sense why this camo system was changed. 

rich73 #40 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 49070 battles
Customization features in place to implement much inflation.WG is sliding it right past your noses and you guys dont even flinch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users