AMX 65t French Heavy tanks Error

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Zanarkand_C #1 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 20:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22242 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

So here is my recent thoughts on this AMX 65t. To be fair to the tank I did wait tell I played a few games with it fully upgraded. Aaaaaand it's a turd on tracks. :(

First thing, this tank is just ugly and terrible to look at. Driving around in 3rd person all I can think about is the back of this turret looks like the back of Darth Vadars helmet. :I and when you turn the turret around 180 degrees it hangs so far off the front of the tank that I'm just thinking "is this thing even connected to the hull??" It looks like it was looking backward at a Jg Pz E100 and a shot from the E100 shifted the turret all the way forward. But even then you can't even look at the tank from the side without noticing the idler wheels protrude through the tracks D: like really WG? This tank is so poorly put together, whether you are moving or not the idler wheels just ever so slightly pop over the tracks. And not like how on a IS7 where you can see the tracks are gliding OVER the wheels. This is legit poking THROUGH the tracks lol wth!? XD

Second thing, this tank is so so soooo slow in every way. And for what benefit? I am not totally sure, like I KNEW it was going to be slower then the standard AMX 50 100. But when I drive this, I feel like I am in a O-Ho..? It accelerates slow (even with the top engine) It turns slow, the turret also turns slow. Just BLAH. Now to be fair the turret armor is a lot better then the 50 100 but that's it for armor.. it's all in the turret, in the front of the turret. So does it need to be THIS slow?

Third thing, which kind of goes with the second thing. I (for some reason) thought it was going to have great gun depression. I mean it's not terrible, but it's nothing to brag about either.... It's definitely not enough to crest most areas without exposing my lovely large and in charge (but also sensitive) hull >:I Oh and because the tank is so slow. People have all day to aim at your ever so large cupola while you drag yourself up the hill to peak over. Making that turret armor feel like someone popped over the KV5s droid and put it on your head for you to show the world.

Forth thing, the gun is so unreliable. :( When you start you get that good penetration gun from the AMX M4. But anyone who played that tank knows unless you are FULLY aimed your shots will fly in every single direction but straight! Okay but even the top gun is still rather disappointing. You loss the penetration to get 400 alpha dmg, but now you reload as fast as a IS7. BRUH. At tier 8 when you constantly see 9 and 10s and your penetration barely goes over 200... Man you need to AIM hardcore at their weak spots. I just hope they give you that amount of time to do it, cause the aim time is long too. >:I lol

It's still a playable tank, it has it's moments, but I personally will use all my reserves to get past this turd on tracks as I shall call it. Just sharing my experience with it, but some folks may enjoy this tank :p GL :)

Edited by Zanarkand_C, Dec 14 2017 - 20:20.

LeaveIT2Beaver #2 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 20:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 28518 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG
I tried it on the sand box  and was not impressed at all 

_Tsavo #3 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 38894 battles
With the current badger spam going on, it's turret is just chilled butter.  It'll deflect some things and absorb others, but with sufficient oomph, you'll go right through it.

ShutUp_Karl #4 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 20:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26706 battles
  • [-1NA-] -1NA-
Seriously!?  I was bouncing E5 shells on the Ice Road in Mountain Pass,  Granted I was above him... nevertheless, It ain't a front line brawler, it is mid level support heavy...  as is the M4 mle 45, 

Mad_Dog_Seabee #5 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 20:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10689 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

View Post_Tsavo, on Dec 14 2017 - 12:12, said:

With the current badger spam going on, it's turret is just chilled butter.  It'll deflect some things and absorb others, but with sufficient oomph, you'll go right through it.

I was harassing one of them with the 10,5cm on the VK 30.02 D this morning. It was really entertaining because I got three shots in on it before if tracked me and ammo racked me.

GaussDeath #6 Posted Dec 14 2017 - 21:42

Captain

• Players
  • 52740 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
My thoughts on it: 
1) The "top" turret is inferior to the stock turret. 
The top turret has a big tumor on it. The gun depression for the top turret is 8degrees vs 10 degrees for the stock turret. This exacerbates the tumor issue. 
The top turret has better side armor and slightly better (effective) armor values. 
The main thing that the top turret does better is view range (20m) and turret traverse (3deg/sec) neither of which are reasons for me to use it. 
Yes, the 100mm gun is better in the top turret, but not so much that I want to die quickly to 'rarely miss' shots to my cuppola. 

2) The 120mm gun is far worse than the 100mm gun. 
Again, part of this is the turret, but just based on the gun stats the 120mm gun is inferior. It loses penetration 14mm of standard penetration and 11mm of premium penetration. 
The accuracy is 0.02m worse than the 100mm gun. 
The only thing going for it is aim time, 0.26seconds better than the 100mm gun in the same turret. 
Finally, you have to use the top turret, which goes back to point #1. 

3) It never reaches 40kph unless going downhill. Top speed on hard level ground is about 35kph. I thought we left that type of thing back at tier 4? 

Yes, this tank bounces a lot, but you cannot be using the top configuration to do so. That is just silly. 

Dogg_zilla #7 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 03:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8400 battles

Ya, Im not even going to waste my time or money bothering to try the new French heavies. 

I bought the mle 49 and somewhere along the line it was nerfed so hard that its basically useless. 

It used to bounce like 1500 a round, now you are lucky to bounce one round ever 3 games. 

Its pretty clear that someone has neutered the French heavies before they even were introduced. 

I hate to use the word "bias", but the bias is horrible in this game. 

_Gungrave_ #8 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 04:11

Major

• Players
  • 38189 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

They need to switch the turrets so the tumor turret is the stock turret and the more conventional turret is the upgraded turret. While doing this give it access to the 120mm gun. Obviously let the tumor turret keep its better soft stats for those who want to play more of a sniper/support role.

Overall I'll wait til they have an on track for this line because I sure as hell won't be trying to grind the tier 8 without an on track giving me an xp boost.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Dec 15 2017 - 04:20.

ArcticTankHunter #9 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 00:56

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10587 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

View PostGaussDeath, on Dec 14 2017 - 21:42, said:

My thoughts on it: 
1) The "top" turret is inferior to the stock turret. 
The top turret has a big tumor on it. The gun depression for the top turret is 8degrees vs 10 degrees for the stock turret. This exacerbates the tumor issue. 
The top turret has better side armor and slightly better (effective) armor values. 
The main thing that the top turret does better is view range (20m) and turret traverse (3deg/sec) neither of which are reasons for me to use it. 
Yes, the 100mm gun is better in the top turret, but not so much that I want to die quickly to 'rarely miss' shots to my cuppola. 

2) The 120mm gun is far worse than the 100mm gun. 
Again, part of this is the turret, but just based on the gun stats the 120mm gun is inferior. It loses penetration 14mm of standard penetration and 11mm of premium penetration. 
The accuracy is 0.02m worse than the 100mm gun. 
The only thing going for it is aim time, 0.26seconds better than the 100mm gun in the same turret. 
Finally, you have to use the top turret, which goes back to point #1. 

3) It never reaches 40kph unless going downhill. Top speed on hard level ground is about 35kph. I thought we left that type of thing back at tier 4? 

Yes, this tank bounces a lot, but you cannot be using the top configuration to do so. That is just silly. 

Just like when they changed the Caernavon turret to Action X. WG made the same mistake twice! The tanks needs a major speed buff and remove the 25km/h cap. Its too slow. Japanese heavy makes it a joke. It doesn't even have enough pen against Japanese O Ho in the front with the last gun without shooting premium.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Dec 16 2017 - 01:01.

DanForce #10 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 00:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 4514 battles
Sad part is that it has the AMX 50 120 hull but not the speed.

ArcticTankHunter #11 Posted Dec 27 2017 - 03:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10587 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V
Don't forget less spot range than all T8 Heavies including the 50 100(380) by 10 (370) for a turret that has an easy weakspot . VK 100 (400!) freaking other spot this tank.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Dec 27 2017 - 03:25.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users