Jump to content


I've reached a plateau


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

MegBegbKGB #1 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 11:03

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1584 battles
  • 30
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_
  • Member since:
    11-12-2017

As the title says... Can't progress further in terms of stats, it feels like I've reached a plateau. 

 

Matchmaking throws me into so [edited]battles I just ragequit sometimes. But that's not the games fault, I know there are people who carry even in situations where i suck and die with 1k damage. Do those players have an tips, or videos that they would recommend? Maybe even some topic on forum... 

 

P.S. Yes this is an alt, cause my main account is on Russian server, and since I haven't played the game for 2 years and moved to NA, my ping is crazy there so I decided to create a new account. Those who are interested on stats on my real account feel free to visit wotstats: http://www.wotstats.org/stats/ru/notch_age/

 

EDIT: It's not a troll post, I'm serious... Can't go above 60% and 3K WN8


Edited by GGEZ_, Dec 15 2017 - 11:13.


Redwave11 #2 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 11:59

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 17200 battles
  • 628
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    07-01-2015

Very interesting post. I have much the same issue myself, I have been between 2900 and 3400 recents for quite some time with a 59-62% recent win rate. The only way i can see myself improvning on this is though statpadding or goldspam neither of which i am too fond of.

Hopefully some of the 4k+ wn8 gods can share their secrets to success:)



Suicidal_Enemy #3 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 12:08

    Captain

  • Players
  • 48986 battles
  • 1,456
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013
Why worry so much about stats?
 
Just click battle and have fun.


MegBegbKGB #4 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 16:20

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1584 battles
  • 30
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_
  • Member since:
    11-12-2017

View PostSuicidal_Enemy, on Dec 15 2017 - 12:08, said:

Why worry so much about stats?
 
Just click battle and have fun.

 

I have fun when I win. To me there is no other purpose in playing this game. Its having adrenaline rush and winning that is it. 

Suicidal_Enemy #5 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 19:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 48986 battles
  • 1,456
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013

View PostGGEZ_, on Dec 15 2017 - 11:20, said:

 

I have fun when I win. To me there is no other purpose in playing this game. Its having adrenaline rush and winning that is it. 

 

Sounds more stressful then fun,

 

But good luck :)



Weak1ings #6 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 15:43

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13354 battles
  • 224
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_
  • Member since:
    03-07-2011

If you are rage-quitting just because you are bottom tier, there is one of your skill impedances.  You must SIMPLY never give up, you can't afford to have games where you just give up in addition to the bad games that Unicums get sometimes anyways.

 

Looking at the tanks you have played, its obvious that there is room for improvement, but since you are also playing well, there is going to be great difficulty with actually giving useful advice.



MegBegbKGB #7 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 18:03

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1584 battles
  • 30
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_
  • Member since:
    11-12-2017

View PostWeak1ings, on Dec 16 2017 - 15:43, said:

If you are rage-quitting just because you are bottom tier, there is one of your skill impedances.  You must SIMPLY never give up, you can't afford to have games where you just give up in addition to the bad games that Unicums get sometimes anyways.

 

Looking at the tanks you have played, its obvious that there is room for improvement, but since you are also playing well, there is going to be great difficulty with actually giving useful advice.

 

Is there any advice that you can come up with?



novarius #8 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 00:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 2319 battles
  • 71
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE
  • Member since:
    02-18-2011

View PostMegBegbKGB, on Dec 17 2017 - 17:03, said:

 

Is there any advice that you can come up with?

 

​Play Tier X's. You'll never be bottom tier.

misterwit #9 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 22:12

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13682 battles
  • 706
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011

Always have your gun in the fight, if you aren't shooting you aren't dealing damage and you aren't pressuring your opponent. Only dead tanks should be doing that.

Relocate a lot. The strongest purples I have ever seen tend to move constantly. Only stop if your position is giving you total dominance over your target (near 100% protection and the enemy's defenses are totally compromised).

Know when it's time to rush your opponent. Letting a single tank hold you and 2 other tanks back is madness, no matter what tank they have, no matter what tier you are. The sooner you can dig them out and force them to point their armor away from your teammates, the sooner you can push that flank in and start hitting other tanks in their side/rear.

 

You probably already know all of that, but usually every mistake I make is a failure to perform on one of these 3 things.



RumRunner151 #10 Posted Jan 07 2018 - 19:34

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29217 battles
  • 828
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    03-11-2013

View PostMegBegbKGB, on Dec 15 2017 - 04:03, said:

As the title says... Can't progress further in terms of stats, it feels like I've reached a plateau. 

 

Matchmaking throws me into so [edited]battles I just ragequit sometimes. But that's not the games fault, I know there are people who carry even in situations where i suck and die with 1k damage. Do those players have an tips, or videos that they would recommend? Maybe even some topic on forum... 

 

P.S. Yes this is an alt, cause my main account is on Russian server, and since I haven't played the game for 2 years and moved to NA, my ping is crazy there so I decided to create a new account. Those who are interested on stats on my real account feel free to visit wotstats: http://www.wotstats.org/stats/ru/notch_age/

 

EDIT: It's not a troll post, I'm serious... Can't go above 60% and 3K WN8

 

You will get much better results asking here:

http://forum.wotlabs...ame-discussion/






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users