NA to EU server transfer

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

HeatMisor #1 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 13:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 25112 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3
     I told my story many times. I play from Europe and we all know (or at least I hope) that there was a promised server transfer window 4 months ago. Complete silence since that. The Australians got there. The LATAM server has started, which nobody asked for. The only reason in starting that server is because North American players hate the Latin American players. At least their timezone is colser to the Central server's than ours. But if hatred is priority, than we continue on different paths.
What did we get? Nothing. Not even a proper response from an NA employee. Why do we deserve this? No, I won't start over on the EU server. Do you know the pain of losing everything that  you've worked, payed for for 3 years (in my case)?  Have you ever been victim of collateral damage?
    The longer you make us wait, the more customers will the company lose. Because the playersbase will decline here anyways overtime. If you make us wait everyone will lose. We won't play any Wargaming game ever again if you make us have this opinion about you. But if the transfer happens and this year, not "soon" like how it appears in Wargaming's dictionary, NA won't but the whole company would benefit from it.
Your choice. A long term solution with some sacrifices that would later reward with returning customers, positive feedback. Or a decision fueled by greed which will result in even more problems. We all know what happened to that company which treated their customers the similar way. I think you don't want to end up in the same situation.
Show the people if you're different. Please.

PoliticallyIncorrectName #2 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 13:50

Captain

• Players
  • 55840 battles

I feel your pain, as I am on the same train as you are.

The thing is, and seeing just how slowly transfers to APAC are being made, that transferring an account is no easy job. The last piece of information that was going around was that WGEU doesn't want to cooperate on transfers with WGNA. Why, I don't understand as they would gain thousands of customers. I guess that until WG's central office from Cyprus doesn't push on this topic, nothing will happen anytime soon.

My humble guess that maybe by the end of 2018 the transfers will be avaiable.

Communication was never WG's strong point anyway... 

Dain_Ironfoot_ #3 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 13:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 23967 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
I'm an NA player and I don't hate the LATAM players.  I have seen some people complain about bad players from LATAM and frustrated at seeing a lot of foreign language that they can't understand... but I wouldn't call that hatred.  I'm sure there are some, from any region, that spew hatred online and are toxic, etc.  I imagine the main reason for having an LATAM server is because of lag issues, not because "hatred is a priority"... that's just silliness. 

HeatMisor #4 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 14:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 25112 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3

View PostThrain_Ironsword, on Dec 16 2017 - 12:59, said:

I'm an NA player and I don't hate the LATAM players.  I have seen some people complain about bad players from LATAM and frustrated at seeing a lot of foreign language that they can't understand... but I wouldn't call that hatred.  I'm sure there are some, from any region, that spew hatred online and are toxic, etc.  I imagine the main reason for having an LATAM server is because of lag issues, not because "hatred is a priority"... that's just silliness. 

I know a lot of players who don't like each other from the both sides. But I think Europeans have bigger lag issues than the Latin Americans. But if not, at least they can participate in Strongholds, Clan Wars, Ranked modes while we have only the random battles. But why would I play random battles if I can't use my tanks anywhere else? The hatred may be exaggeration, but you get my point. There are players who are in worse situation and were teased with something just to get left behind.

Krautjaeger #5 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 14:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2575 battles
  • [K00KS] K00KS

View PostStormUpa, on Dec 16 2017 - 13:37, said:

I told my story many times. I play from Europe and we all know (or at least I hope) that there was a promised server transfer window 4 months ago. Complete silence since that. The Australians got there. The LATAM server has started, which nobody asked for. The only reason in starting that server is because North American players hate the Latin American players. At least their timezone is colser to the Central server's than ours. But if hatred is priority, than we continue on different paths.
What did we get? Nothing. Not even a proper response from an NA employee. Why do we deserve this? No, I won't start over on the EU server. Do you know the pain of losing everything that  you've worked, payed for for 3 years (in my case)?  Have you ever been victim of collateral damage?
    The longer you make us wait, the more customers will the company lose. Because the playersbase will decline here anyways overtime. If you make us wait everyone will lose. We won't play any Wargaming game ever again if you make us have this opinion about you. But if the transfer happens and this year, not "soon" like how it appears in Wargaming's dictionary, NA won't but the whole company would benefit from it.
Your choice. A long term solution with some sacrifices that would later reward with returning customers, positive feedback. Or a decision fueled by greed which will result in even more problems. We all know what happened to that company which treated their customers the similar way. I think you don't want to end up in the same situation.
Show the people if you're different. Please.

Oh man are you in for a rude awakening if you transfer or move to the EU server. I played on EU for years then made a new account and started over here, leaving everything I worked for behind. The hatred you talk about, if you think NA is bad wait until you land in EU as hate between countries and regions are quite real. Ukranians hate the Russians and vice versa, everyone hates the Polish and the Czech, well eastern Europe hates most of their neighbours and west and west hates them back, I could go on, the only countries that behave are Scandinavian countries and to some extent UK. No idea why, but I've met people here on NA that seem to think Europe is one nice and cosy place to but that's so far from the truth as it comes. Europe is a region on fire, and it pours in and over to games and whathaveya.

I'm so glad I made the transition to NA, this place is as close to heaven as you come when gaming is concerned these days.

Almighty_Johnson #6 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 15:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 26084 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostKrautjaeger, on Dec 16 2017 - 08:50, said:

Oh man are you in for a rude awakening if you transfer or move to the EU server. I played on EU for years then made a new account and started over here, leaving everything I worked for behind. The hatred you talk about, if you think NA is bad wait until you land in EU as hate between countries and regions are quite real. Ukranians hate the Russians and vice versa, everyone hates the Polish and the Czech, well eastern Europe hates most of their neighbours and west and west hates them back, I could go on, the only countries that behave are Scandinavian countries and to some extent UK. No idea why, but I've met people here on NA that seem to think Europe is one nice and cosy place to but that's so far from the truth as it comes. Europe is a region on fire, and it pours in and over to games and whathaveya.

I'm so glad I made the transition to NA, this place is as close to heaven as you come when gaming is concerned these days.

Scandinavia is polite because they have forgotten they were once the most feared culture in the known world (and ABBA.. lol)  UK is polite, because they're "proper".  Used to be, the Brits just had a very strong sense of propriety.  More recently, I think it's because they are an entire nation of cuckholds, cowering behind political correctness.  The only thing that gets Britain riled up any more is football....   I fear for our friends across the pond.

HeatMisor #7 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 15:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 25112 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3

View PostKrautjaeger, on Dec 16 2017 - 13:50, said:

At least I could play not only random battles. I'm trying to say that it was more important for them to separate the Central server inot two than putting us over to the other side.

Edited by StormUpa, Dec 16 2017 - 15:14.

Kamahl1234 #8 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 18394 battles

One thing to keep in mind, is while NA said this, it requires the full co-operation and abilities of the EU staff to accomplish this. 

Like the SEA/AUS transfer required a staff member to come here, and work things out with players.

So we're waiting on the EU server to do the same, a server that among WG is notorious for failing to accomplish things, failing to implement ideas of other servers, and generally ignoring their playerbase. 

I'm sorry to say, that while this would be a fantastic thing, I myself honestly didn't expect anything within this year to happen. And NA can't just shove the data to EU as they could simply reject it and nothing good would happen. EU is likely the issue here, I'd wager. 

Also many players were demanding a LATAM server (mostly racists but also many players from that region that suffered from high ping). 

Edited by Kamahl1234, Dec 16 2017 - 15:44.

Kamahl1234 #9 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 15:46

Major

• Players
  • 18394 battles

View PostStormUpa, on Dec 16 2017 - 14:12, said:

At least I could play not only random battles. I'm trying to say that it was more important for them to separate the Central server inot two than putting us over to the other side.

The LATAM server would be the only thing NA would have any proper control over.

Think about it this way, you begrudgingly got a neighbor to agree to cut a hedge with you, as it's on the property line. You cut your side. You go to hand him/her the shears to do theirs, they refuse to take it. They also are not allowing you to cut their side yourself, so what do you do? Basically have to sit and wait for them to stop having their fit or whatever, to get their but in gear. In the mean time, you can plant a new hedge with another neighbor. 

HeatMisor #10 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 17:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 25112 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3

View PostKamahl1234, on Dec 16 2017 - 14:46, said:

The LATAM server would be the only thing NA would have any proper control over.

Think about it this way, you begrudgingly got a neighbor to agree to cut a hedge with you, as it's on the property line. You cut your side. You go to hand him/her the shears to do theirs, they refuse to take it. They also are not allowing you to cut their side yourself, so what do you do? Basically have to sit and wait for them to stop having their fit or whatever, to get their but in gear. In the mean time, you can plant a new hedge with another neighbor. 

The problem is that nobody from Wargaming has confirmed any information. Everything is uncertain. They are just pasting the same message over and over again. We are just theorizing. Is it hard to get a detailed proper response from Wargaming? That is what pissing me off. They could make a post like "Hey there, you stupid Europeans, we are doing this and this but that..."

DrexMaverick #11 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 12814 battles

Communication was never WG's strong point anyway... 

Unless they're warning you for no good reason ... 

FunPolice_ #12 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 19:21

Major

• Players
  • 30599 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
I don't hate LATAM players.  They're why I had a gazillion BR and Argentinian flags to sell for millions of credits.

tanopasman62 #13 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 19:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 20572 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostKamahl1234, on Dec 16 2017 - 15:42, said:

One thing to keep in mind, is while NA said this, it requires the full co-operation and abilities of the EU staff to accomplish this. 

Like the SEA/AUS transfer required a staff member to come here, and work things out with players.

So we're waiting on the EU server to do the same, a server that among WG is notorious for failing to accomplish things, failing to implement ideas of other servers, and generally ignoring their playerbase. 

I'm sorry to say, that while this would be a fantastic thing, I myself honestly didn't expect anything within this year to happen. And NA can't just shove the data to EU as they could simply reject it and nothing good would happen. EU is likely the issue here, I'd wager. 

Also many players were demanding a LATAM server (mostly racists but also many players from that region that suffered from high ping). 

Basically this, not to mention that the EU server is a hellish campfest, it doesn't have tankrewards and the list goes on.

As for LATAM server, I've lurked in the Spanish forum for a while, and seen several posts asking for a proper server, which I have to say WG accomplished pretty decently, 80 ms vs 220~ is an important difference, and while the gameplay is overall not that different, I've noticed more teamwork in some matches.

FighterAce #14 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 21:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22292 battles

View Posttanopasman62, on Dec 16 2017 - 19:28, said:

Basically this, not to mention that the EU server is a hellish campfest, it doesn't have tankrewards and the list goes on.

Who gives a damn about tank rewards when the bloody game is simply unplayable from Europe since the merge

Krautjaeger #15 Posted Dec 16 2017 - 21:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2575 battles
  • [K00KS] K00KS

View PostFighterAce, on Dec 16 2017 - 21:34, said:

Who gives a damn about tank rewards when the bloody game is simply unplayable from Europe since the merge

Where you playing from? I have no issues at all playing from Norway at around 130 ms.

HeatMisor #16 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 17:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 25112 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3

View PostKrautjaeger, on Dec 16 2017 - 20:39, said:

Where you playing from? I have no issues at all playing from Norway at around 130 ms.

Yes, 130 ms is playable in most cases. You can stay if you want but I'm sure I'm not the only one who had enough from random battles. But since we can't play other gamemodes from timezone limitations there is no point for us in playing this game anymore. And there is no way I'm going to rebuy everything on the EU just because the Stronghold uptime got limited.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users