Cliff map unfair and unbalanced

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

malfrat77 #1 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 18:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45291 battles
  • [JMSQC] JMSQC

Since you guys put somes rocks and invisibles walls to prevent clibm both A5 and J5 dune, this map is not playabke anymore with a td,

Even an average player like meknow that a td will not sit useless on low ground near his base... if we go on higher grond there is only like 2 bush to provide some sort of camo but in an open field.... i know that i just have to blind shot the 2 bush that a td can sit in to kill em. TD sitting in thoeses bush are almost useless too cuz it's almost impossible to have a shot on the ennemy in the middle of map or at the 'donnut', once a td can shot at an ennemy it's already too late, the ennemy is like at 200m of you and 8 will crush you soul. Maps are more and more balanced for a med and heavy gameplay, maybe supertester only play meds and heavys ? that's ridiculous

Supertester probably cried:'' when i poke in middle of map, my med tank is not fast enough to aim and snapshot the td and fall back in cover without taking a hit, the td is already preaim''....

that's the way a td can support his team by camping back, sure he will get a shot at you from 300-400m it's his only advantage, no turet, slow speed, no view range and now have to sit in open field in one of the 2 bush that we have:P btw the arty can shot through thoses invisibles walls at j5 ?

from EU forum by BertDastard, i'm also agree with his statements:

People used to complain Cliff favoured north spawn I believe. I could not see that

But now the rear option to climb terrain has been removed the position has been reversed. North spawn have no super duper 'hide' at elevation to protect the spawn etc. But south have an elvevated hide feature at F2 where they can not only defend spawn but are advanced enough to attack cliff climbers, left channel rushers and the whole of the centre of the map 

This is very VERY unbalanced

Scorpiany #2 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 18:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 32339 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

It's not just TD's, but now there's no way to actually counter an enemy team with a numerical advantage in the middle. Previously, you used to be able to just climb up the sides of the lighthouse and engage the enemy that way. Now, if your team decides to all go 1/2 line or 7/8 line, you're just guaranteed a loss; with no way to stop it.

It's really crappy now.

Bravo4zero #3 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 19:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18200 battles
  • [5D4] 5D4

Many of the maps have had small changes that at 1st glance don’t seem to make that big of a difference but if you play all classes you’ll notice them more. As an example, if you play a “paper” TD, look at the firing lines you have for shots down the firing lanes (no specific map but most). Firstly you may notice a bush that’s been moved a couple of meters back or forward or a slight incline that didn’t used to be there. Now to take a shot down that firing lane you have to move forward to crest the little incline and “de-bush” yourself to fire. While you can then backup, you’ll most certainly be lit to take the shot. Another small change can be a firing line bush that was great before, now when aiming down the firing lane there’s a slight out crop of rock or small incline that blocks the shot.

Some maps you rarely notice these small changes depending on the class of tank you use if you’re a main in one particular tank class but it’s there.

No tinfoil hat needed for these observations. I’m sure many have noticed these. So, adapt and carry on o7

moogleslam #4 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 19:08

Major

• Players
  • 34608 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Somewhat related:  Adding walls is one thing, but making them invisible is an absolute joke.  Come on WG, you're better than that.

Awestryker #5 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 19:59

Major

• Players
  • 25154 battles

Take more maps out...we need less maps...

/sarcasm off

BeastsOfBattle #6 Posted Dec 17 2017 - 22:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9995 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Got to love hitting an invisible wall and rolling as a result.

malfrat77 #7 Posted Dec 18 2017 - 04:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45291 battles
  • [JMSQC] JMSQC
i just played a battle in a m4, i wanted to go on the dune at j5 cuz i were facing tier 7, i had 2 choice, camp line 1 at base or getting the high ground and wait to have a shot on line 9 ennemy once my team is a fail on this line but in fact i wanted to climb j5 to support my team by shooting at the t29 in middle near the top of hill road but i can't do this anymore because of rocks, i were so bored that i go fight in middle facing a t29 at 10m behing a rock in middle near top of hill road.... i die one shot

trapper16 #8 Posted Dec 27 2017 - 02:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10829 battles
  • [ARKAM] ARKAM

HOW THE HELL DO YOU PLAY THE STRV-103B ON CLIFF NOW ?!?!?!?!?!??

YOU CANT GET INTO A POSITION TO NOT GET SPOTTED AT THE BACK OF THE MAP 

trapper16 #9 Posted Dec 27 2017 - 02:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10829 battles
  • [ARKAM] ARKAM

AND SITTING IN FIELD IS USLES BECUASE THERE ARE NO CLEAR CORADORS TO SHOOT DOWN AND ONCE YOU SHOOT YOUR SPOTTED !!!!!!!!!!

da_Rock002 #10 Posted Dec 30 2017 - 23:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 6653 battles
All you guys have made good arguments that WG is rigging maps to make players die quicker.   That's like making the battles take less time, especially when they're hurting entire vehicle classes.    So rigging does exist right.

rrobilla51 #11 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 03:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 22751 battles
  • [LDPLR] LDPLR

everyone thinks some map is unfair or unbalanced,   they are not.   just learn to play with what you have and stop thinking about your personal success.  This is a team game.  I have seen one sided battles on every map and from both sides of the map.   The victory is always about the strat( something most random players no little about) and how well the team plays together. yes there is always some RNG involved, but if you think some map is unfair, then adjust your play style,  find a different vantage point, and quit trying to pad your personal stats.

it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users